BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How is your armor? If you haven’t, unlock the great faeries and have them increase the level of your armor. If you haven’t updated the game and can still dupe materials easily, upgrades are simple with the exception being sourcing more exotic materials.

Fire Gleeoks are the easiest- that said, I haven’t spent much time taking them on. They’re a huge resource drain and difficult to kill.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you get the autobuild feature?

Funny thing is, it’s one of your first quests. I only just now got it.

Battled my first gleock (sp?). He one shot killed me. Bam!  12 hearts…dead.  10 more tries?  Nope, I’m nope right outta here.

How is your armor? If you haven’t, unlock the great faeries and have them increase the level of your armor. If you haven’t updated the game and can still dupe materials easily, upgrades are simple with the exception being sourcing more exotic materials.

Fire Gleeoks are the easiest- that said, I haven’t spent much time taking them on. They’re a huge resource drain and difficult to kill.

Opened 2 fairies. My armor is just ok, upgraded the most fairies can do. 14 defense I think?

The game is even deeper than Botw. I don’t like to cheat but use a map for koroks and shrines. Otherwise you just get lost with no objective.

Oh, and talk to everybody. I talked to a chic on a trail and she marked my map for 3 armor sets. Always really good shit in caves.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, hell just fully explore caves. I mark side passages/mains with brightbloom seeds to show where I’ve been, some are freaking massive.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What do y’all sell to make rupees?

Also, is the bowling game in the Hebra region from BOTW in TOTK?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yup, hell just fully explore caves. I mark side passages/mains with brightbloom seeds to show where I’ve been, some are freaking massive.
View Quote

That’s a really good idea. Yeah the good shit in caves is out of the way, you really need to explore every nook and cranny.

Plus the bubble gems get you really good stuff as well. Caves are everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Opened 2 fairies. My armor is just ok, upgraded the most fairies can do. 14 defense I think?

The game is even deeper than Botw. I don’t like to cheat but use a map for koroks and shrines. Otherwise you just get lost with no objective.

Oh, and talk to everybody. I talked to a chic on a trail and she marked my map for 3 armor sets. Always really good shit in caves.
View Quote

More fairies for more upgrades.  I think my best shirt is now 20 armor maxed out.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, now I feel like a bit of a stud. I just killed a red lynel in like 10 seconds with no damage.

Jumped off a rise above him and shot him with a lynel bow I upgraded to 5 shot with octoroks with arrows fused to blue moblin horns. When I hit the ground I hit him a handful of times on the ground and he was done.

It feels weird to post that, but no one else around would care about that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, now I feel like a bit of a stud. I just killed a red lynel in like 10 seconds with no damage.

Jumped off a rise above him and shot him with a lynel bow I upgraded to 5 shot with octoroks with arrows fused to blue moblin horns. When I hit the ground I hit him a handful of times on the ground and he was done.

It feels weird to post that, but no one else around would care about that.
View Quote

Kick his ass sea bass!

Wonder if I fuse a sea bass too an arrow would it actually kick his ass?
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For some reason the Bokoblins in Lurelin had fish attached to sticks as weapons so yes they do work lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kick his ass sea bass!

Wonder if I fuse a sea bass too an arrow would it actually kick his ass?

For some reason the Bokoblins in Lurelin had fish attached to sticks as weapons so yes they do work lol

1 pmag to the first to post video of actually kicking an ass with a sea bass.

Said ass must be lyonel ass. Gotta be as ass hit. With sea bass.

Must be final shot. The ass. With a sea bass. To kick dat ass sea bass. Otherwise it’s just ATM…err…bass to trout.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I still haven't beat the main questline. Just working on upgrading armor and doing every shrine and korok.

I don't want the game to end.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I still haven't beat the main questline. Just working on upgrading armor and doing every shrine and korok.

View Quote

I’ve only got 3 of the temples. Im not going to go to the end until I have every shrine and light root.

I’ll still be playing months from now. The game is even deeper than Botw.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just got the master sword. I’ve done 2 of the regional phenomena.  I haven’t really started exploring the depths.

Moving slow but I’m having fun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
es

I just got the master sword. I’ve done 2 of the regional phenomena.  I haven’t really started exploring the depths.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

es

There’s REALLY good shit in the depths.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I completed all of the shrines and sages. The last shrine I needed was in Thunderhead Islands. What a bitch that was to slog through. Finally figured it out.

Have three more Sage’s Will remaining, but they require fighting the multi-elemental Gleeoks circling sky islands.

Working on lightroots. Finished a bunch of quests and I’m collecting armor sets as well.

Tempted to finish the game at this point but I’ll keep trekking to areas I have yet to explore more deeply.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The hard way is just exploring.

If you go the hover bike way, it gets way easier.

Once you realize the depths is just an inversion of the surface maps it gets easier. Use shrines you've already located to help find the lightroots.

View Quote

I've been following the statues in the depths to find light roots and mines, etc.  I light be able to find shrines using light roots by reversing this process.

Can you add lightroots to your compendium and use the sensor to find them?
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What do y'all sell to make rupees?

Also, is the bowling game in the Hebra region from BOTW in TOTK?
View Quote

When ever you see those bloopie bunnies, climb onto something and jump off and glide, then start shooting them with arrows.  You can hit them over and over and they drop more rupees with every shot. I haven't figured out how to hit the ones the bubul frogs drop but that might be productive too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I completed all of the shrines and sages. The last shrine I needed was in Thunderhead Islands. What a bitch that was to slog through. Finally figured it out.

Have three more Sage’s Will remaining, but they require fighting the multi-elemental Gleeoks circling sky islands.

Working on lightroots. Finished a bunch of quests and I’m collecting armor sets as well.

Tempted to finish the game at this point but I’ll keep trekking to areas I have yet to explore more deeply.
View Quote

Damn. You’ve put in serious work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yup, especially if you wanna upgrade your battery
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, especially if you wanna upgrade your battery

I got to a point early in the game where I needed more battery. Off to the depths I go.

The boss monster parts and pristine weapons are fucking tits.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
King Gleeok isn't too bad.  Use a spring to get airborne then use the bullet time to target each head with a good arrow.  Attach a fire fruit for the ice head, ice fruit for the fire head and something like a gibdo bone for the shock head.  It falls out of the sky after you hit all three, then you wail on it on the ground.  Second stage is a bit harder, as you get free updrafts to ride up, but you have to dodge attacks while floating up to shoot it.  You can also hide behind the rocks around the edge to avoid attacks.

I've got all the shrines, side adventures and sages done.  Trying to do all the side quests now before really exploring the depths (though I've been through some of it for quests).
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When ever you see those bloopie bunnies, climb onto something and jump off and glide, then start shooting them with arrows.  You can hit them over and over and they drop more rupees with every shot. I haven't figured out how to hit the ones the bubul frogs drop but that might be productive too.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure the frog drops are invulnerable.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Build a hover bike, it makes getting around the depths way easier. Just remember there are certain parts you can only get to from the surface as well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

es

Yeah, my son says the same thing.

My plan is to get the other two sages, knock out some more shrines, then head down to work on my batteries.

I only play when my son isn’t playing and I’m not busy, so only 30 min to an hour, 3 or 4 times a week.   So I don’t progress very far very quick.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve hit a few of them and nothing’s dropped.

I’m trying to farm lynels now to upgrade the barbarian set. I just now got to being able to beat them in under a minute.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My plan is to get the other two sages, knock out some more shrines, then head down to work on my batteries.

I only play when my son isn’t playing and I’m not busy, so only 30 min to an hour, 3 or 4 times a week.   So I don’t progress very far very quick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

es

My play time is like 2-3 hours per session. “Oh ill go check this out”. 2 hours later…the fuck happened to the time?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Haven’t done any of the regional phenomenon yet, just working on shrines and armor sets. Have a little less than half of the Depths done I think too. Have done a lot of the shrines so I have 2.5 stamina rings and 4 hearts on the second row.

BOTW was great but this might be better. Fusing weapons in the depths makes a huge difference. Especially with parts from Tallus or the big Flux guys.  Master sword with Flux core will really put a hurting on enemies.

Working on my batteries now. That’s going to be time consuming.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Haven’t done any of the regional phenomenon yet, just working on shrines and armor sets. Have a little less than half of the Depths done I think too. Have done a lot of the shrines so I have 2.5 stamina rings and 4 hearts on the second row.

BOTW was great but this might be better. Fusing weapons in the depths makes a huge difference. Especially with parts from Tallus or the big Flux guys.  Master sword with Flux core will really put a hurting on enemies.

Working on my batteries now. That’s going to be time consuming.
View Quote

The bird sage from rito temple is very helpful, from the main quest. I generally always have him on and upping your battery is extremely helpful

I still haven’t taken on any lyonels, they kick my ass.

Hestu has moved on me. I assume he’s in the Forrest.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought and have been playing since the release day.  Just found out yesterday that you can sprint after seeing my son do it.  I flipped the controls so that jump was the B button on the first day and didn't pay attention to the other controls I guess.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I bought and have been playing since the release day.  Just found out yesterday that you can sprint after seeing my son do it.  I flipped the controls so that jump was the B button on the first day and didn't pay attention to the other controls I guess.
View Quote

Oomph!  Sprinting is kinda important. Especially in boss fights.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The bird sage from rito temple is very helpful, from the main quest. I generally always have him on and upping your battery is extremely helpful

I still haven’t taken on any lyonels, they kick my ass.

Hestu has moved on me. I assume he’s in the Forrest.
View Quote

I haven’t looked into any of the sage stuff yet but have seen them in some videos.

There are some good strategies on YouTube for Lynels and ways to make better weapons to use on them.

Hestu does move to the forest at some point after he’s in the home base area
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Got Majora's Mask. Had to build a silver lynel sword in the last round so I could kill the final armored silver lynel. I ran out of arrows and rockets for fighting from the air.

That battle was quite a thing.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Got Majora's Mask. Had to build a silver lynel sword in the last round so I could kill the final armored silver lynel. I ran out of arrows and rockets for fighting from the air.

View Quote

This game is deeper than botw. I dare say it’s better. If that is even possible.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

It took me like 30 seconds to get the Majora's Mask.  I one shotted all of the lynels and didn't take a bit of damage.  I'll put the explanation in a spoiler since it includes methods that some might consider...unusual.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It took me like 30 seconds to get the Majora's Mask.  I one shotted all of the lynels and didn't take a bit of damage.  I'll put the explanation in a spoiler since it includes methods that some might consider...unusual.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I actually have several ancient blades, but I wanted the drops. The Master Sword actually did quite a bit of damage, but my silver Lynel Big Goron sword does 100.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I actually have several ancient blades, but I wanted the drops. The Master Sword actually did quite a bit of damage, but my silver Lynel Big Goron sword does 100.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Nice. My best usable fusion has been a fierce deity sword with a white lynel horn for 82.

The only time I’ve used the strategy above was when I got majoras mask. Every other time I wanted the drops so usually I drop down on them, shoot them in the head with a 5 shot bow fused with white lynel horns. That knocks off enough health that I can finish them on the ground pretty easily.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nice. My best usable fusion has been a fierce deity sword with a white lynel horn for 82.

The only time I’ve used the strategy above was when I got majoras mask. Every other time I wanted the drops so usually I drop down on them, shoot them in the head with a 5 shot bow fused with white lynel horns. That knocks off enough health that I can finish them on the ground pretty easily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

My best sword is the Scimitar of the Seven fused with a silver Lynel horn.  I believe it's at 114 (not on the game at the moment).  I also like the pristine Gerudo spears fused with Gleeok horns for elemental weapons.  I use the octorok upgrade to get most of my base weapons to double gold diamond durability up as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I hate cheating on a game, walkthroughs, etc. but damn if I’m not using it. Frequently. The game is even deeper than botw.

I can’t see how anybody can play this incredible game without a guide.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#38]
FYI the puff mushrooms can blind them too, and it’s repeatable. Just mushroom again when you get bounced off their back.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Me exploring depths. Me come across lynel. Maybe I try.

Mother fucker had stone armor on, covered in gloom. I hit him with Goron and bomb arrows. Knocked his stone armor down maybe 10%

That’s just wrong. Me run away. A fucking gloom lynel in stone armor?  Ha hey!  Fuck you!  I’m out.

A damn stone armored gloom lynel?  Really?
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Completed all shrines, lightroots, sages, sages wills, all armor sets and individual items.

Going after all the koroks now. Still have a couple of side quests to complete and still have lots of armor to upgrade which means gem, bug, and lynell hunting....
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#41]
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (acapella)
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#42]
I tried playing it but got bored, now I am working through BloodBorne which is objectively a much better game. Also, I think the best Zelda was A Link to the Past followed by Ocarina of Time.

I did make it far enough along to where I am in the last area making my way to the final boss, but it seems like I will need a ton of arrows and another armor upgrade, so, back to FromSoft games!
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Mother fucker had stone armor on, covered in gloom. I hit him with Goron and bomb arrows. Knocked his stone armor down maybe 10%

That’s just wrong. Me run away. A fucking gloom lynel in stone armor?  Ha hey!  Fuck you!  I’m out.

View Quote

Is it the one south of the coliseum?
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s just wrong. Me run away. A fucking gloom lynel in stone armor?  Ha heyy !  Fuck you!  I’m out.

I think so. I haven’t killed one yet so probably good to leave him alone and try an easy one first.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think so. I haven’t killed one yet so probably good to leave him alone and try an easy one first.
View Quote

That was the first one I fought.  I was wandering around in the depths and thought it was another giant frog from far away.  Those guys are pretty easy.  When I saw it was a Lionel I decided to give it a shot.  Didnt notice the bastard had the armor until it had seen me and was about to attack.  I ended up doing the puffshroom trick with him and took him out but it was not pretty.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That was the first one I fought.  I was wandering around in the depths and thought it was another giant frog from far away.  Those guys are pretty easy.  When I saw it was a Lionel I decided to give it a shot.  Didnt notice the bastard had the armor until it had seen me and was about to attack.  I ended up doing the puffshroom trick with him and took him out but it was not pretty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not using puffshrooms or muddle bugs nearly as much as I should.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I hate cheating on a game, walkthroughs, etc. but damn if I’m not using it. Frequently. The game is even deeper than botw.

I can’t see how anybody can play this incredible game without a guide.
View Quote

I haven’t played it in a few weeks because it’s a bit overwhelming and I’m waiting on the guide to come out. It’s supposed to be out on the 10th.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s just wrong. Me run away. A fucking gloom lynel in stone armor?  Ha heyy !  Fuck you!  I’m out.

Yeah, that one double sucks because you’re fighting him in the middle of a gloom puddle on top of everything.

For him I use a rocket shield to get airborne and then spam him with bomb flower arrows to get through the armor - it helps if you’re using a multi shot bow. Then I use another rocket shield to do the same thing with horn arrows to get his health down. Then I finish him on the ground.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I haven’t played it in a few weeks because it’s a bit overwhelming and I’m waiting on the guide to come out. It’s supposed to be out on the 10th.
View Quote

You're waiting on a printed guide? There are guides all over the internet that were out as soon as the game released.

Polygon is the one I use the most. They have the best organization for articles, and cover everything from quest walkthroughs to item/place locations, plus articles on where to farm materials, etc. They also have a giant interactive map. It's all broken down so you can just use the walkthroughs for sections you need help with. Sometimes I'll just pull them up to locate something and mark it on my map to find on my own.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I’m not using puffshrooms or muddle bugs nearly as much as I should.
View Quote

I'll muddlebud an enemy or two and just watch them fight.  Boss bokoblins do more damage but they dont hit as much.  The silver bokoblins are better IMO.  It also works on the constructs so if you get the captain, he can mess some of his guys up pretty bad.

I havent created any good zonai devices.  Most of mine have been pretty weak.  Took me longer than I want to admit to make a hoverbike that didnt suck.  Only fought one Gleeok and it kicked my ass.  I'll go toss some bows at octoroks tonight and see if anything good happens.  Gotta remember to tell Tulin to go away before I do that again.  
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top