Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/29/2021 6:17:37 AM EDT
Video

attached a screen shot if anyone is worried about what your kids might see unfold.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Hardcore.

ETA: dog didn’t appear to be able to stand up?

ETA 2: reading is fundamental.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Too bad about the dog not making it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Dogs=family, good kill.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
That was badass but that dude needs a gun. Feel sorry for the dog. I wanted to go help just watching video.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#6]
That is where a revolver, pressed against it's body and the inrush of hot gasses would have made a big difference in the time taken to kill it. Sadly, once that cat got the dogs neck/head in the back, it was too late for the dog.

The other dog was useless.

Target fixation by the cat was extremely obvious. Went right by the other dog to get to the one it had chosen.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was about 13, I used a corn knife (aka Midwestern machete) to kill a big badger that had got into the barn and had cornered my dog.  It went about the same way.  The corn knife was sharp, but it took a lot of whacks before that fucker was dead.  Even then I don't recall any deep cuts, I think I just ended up breaking his spine or something.  I probably broke every fucking bone in it's body.  It was pretty traumatic for me, the dog and the badger.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I should carry my machete more.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Just noticed he started with one and whipped out a second.

Damn cougar wouldn’t relent.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#11]
That had to be the dullest machete ever.  I saw a video a few years back from Nepal where a dude beheaded a 2,000 lb bull with a khukri with a single swing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#12]
John wick @ age 62?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#13]
That rules!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I had something like this a few days before Christmas in 2017 except with a smaller wildcat, I was the target and not a dog, and I had a tomahawk, not a machete.

(A lot of the red stuff is also mine)

That was a very strange day, and the $13,000 hospital bill made me very thankful for insurance.

The tomahawk worked, but if I could go back I'd have had a gun on me 11 times out of 10. I spiked the fucking cat through the skull four times including burying it in its eye clear up to the shaft and the fucking thing just yelled at me and kept attacking like it was the fucking exorcist and didn't need a brain to keep fighting. Flipped it around and swung with every ounce of strength I had with the axe blade to its forehead over and over while it was literally trying to take my left hand off and was clawing my forearm. Tenth blow it suddenly went into slow motion, eleventh blow cracked its skull open and dumped blood all over the place and the fight was over. I had a one-handed Christmas that year (thankfully everything healed up back to 100%).

Got the rabies vaccine just in case, but the tests came back negative. Goddamn cat was just a savage monster.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Dang yo!

Always carry, though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Hardcore
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had something like this a few days before Christmas in 2017 except with a smaller wildcat, I was the target and not a dog, and I had a tomahawk, not a machete.

https://i.imgur.com/VHGxjcE.jpg

That was a very strange day, and the $13,000 hospital bill made me very thankful for insurance.

The tomahawk worked, but if I could go back I'd have had a gun on me 11 times out of 10. I spiked the fucking cat through the skull four times including burying it in its eye clear up to the shaft and the fucking thing just yelled at me and kept attacking like it was the fucking exorcist and didn't need a brain to keep fighting. Flipped it around and swung with every ounce of strength I had with the axe blade to its forehead over and over while it was literally trying to take my left hand off and was clawing my forearm. Tenth blow it suddenly went into slow motion, eleventh blow cracked its skull open and dumped blood all over the place and the fight was over. I had a one-handed Christmas that year (thankfully everything healed up back to 100%).

Got the rabies vaccine just in case, but the tests came back negative. Goddamn cat was just a savage monster.
View Quote

Note for myself. Do not piss this guy off
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Says the dog died too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glad you came out on top!
I can't imagine having something try to eat me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#20]
People think of cats as cute, arrogant, house pets.  They are actually nature's perfect murder machines.  Dogs have nothing on them.  I wouldn't bet on my Cane Corso or even my hard core Press Canario against an 80 lb cat.  

Good on that man.  That took balls.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#21]
RIP doggo
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Needs to sharpen the blade
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow
It sucks about his dog, but imagine having a video of yourself standing with your foot on the neck of the cougar you just killed with a machete
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I read the title and thought:

"shit, that woman probably just wanted to pet his dag... that's a wildly extreme response!"
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn bro, that’s hardcore

Got any pics of the cat or anything?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Dude is a boss
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#27]
It will keeeeel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Damn.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow
It sucks about his dog, but imagine having a video of yourself standing with your foot on the neck of the cougar you just killed with a machete
View Quote

Instant wood creds !
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Pound for pound, cats are the most dangerous predators on land.  I don't trust any that are big enough to kill me or the creatures around me.  I don't want them around and will take active measures to remedy the situation.

This is coming from someone that has had cats around them their whole life.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Would it have gone better if he'd stabbed it instead of hacking away at it?

But the dog was probably finished in the opening seconds.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Was that Danny Trejo?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That was badass. It's amazing what the will to live will do for you in a stress situation.
View Quote

Thats what I was thinking.  He reacted pretty quick for the most part and didnt try anything that would have turned the cat on him.  Iv seen videos of women trying to get a pit bull off their little dog by grabbing the pits ears and having no idea how lucky they were not to have their neck hamburgered.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Big cats are no joke, go right for the vertebrae. Once they are on you are in deep trouble and not long for this world. The worst concern when out prowling the woods at night hog hunting. I’ve seen them 2 times.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly no. First thought was first aid, then once I stemmed the bleeding I snapped the photo of the ‘hawk while I was on the phone with 911. Ambulance must have been literally getting sandwiches at the shop up the road because they were there in seconds, and animal control had collected the body by the time I got back from the hospital.

Really wasn’t TOO bad off, I’d done most of the work myself so they mainly just changed bandages and cleaned me up a little more and wanted to know what happened while they gave me the ride to the hospital seeing as my arms, shirt, face, and hair were splattered in blood. One of the paramedics told me something to the tune of, “You got attacked by a wildcat and killed it with a tomahawk? That’s fuckin’ metal, dude.”
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#38]
And I was criticized because coming home from work one night there was one crouched near my driveway and I unloaded the cylinder of a Colt Police Positive .38 into it...
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I was not expecting a video.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Looked like a Golden or Yellow Lab :(
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#41]
"Conservation officers the next day confirmed that the cougar was half-starved and likely going to die because it’s mouth and paws had several porcupine quills festering."

probably had covid too.

Too bad the dog died as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Wow!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Dog died too
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"Conservation officers the next day confirmed that the cougar was half-starved and likely going to die because it’s mouth and paws had several porcupine quills festering."

probably had covid too.

Too bad the dog died as well.
View Quote

It acted out of desperation, which is usually what causes a wild cat to get bold like that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That had to be the dullest machete ever.  I saw a video a few years back from Nepal where a dude beheaded a 2,000 lb bull with a khukri with a single swing.
View Quote

I was given one of those cheap machetes.  I sharpened it to use it on brush.   Laughable steel quality, the edge just blunts even with shorter edge taper for strength.   May as well have been aluminum.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Harbor freight machete
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Poor puppy

This guy did whatever he could to save his pal just like I would.  

Made me think about the video of a pitbull latched onto a Lab in a grocery store parking lot.  People just yelling at the pit like that's going to do anything.  If a pit or any other dangerous type latches onto my dog it's getting shot before it can do any permanent damage.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
One of the paramedics told me something to the tune of, “You got attacked by a wildcat and killed it with a tomahawk? That’s fuckin’ metal, dude.”
View Quote

I agree with the gentleman's assessment. That is fucking metal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top