Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Best episode yet. I really liked Old Loki.

I wonder where Mobius lands? Surely can't just walk back into the TVA like nothing has happened.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The Philadelphia experiment ship was freaking awsome!
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
So what they hell are they going to find at the End of Time?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I had to look it up. Thor Vol 1 365

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9d494528243a17b01c239436d843f8b7/tenor.gif?itemid=7941059

Milliways.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

1 - I'm still holding out for the time twisters.

B - I doubt its Kang.  Jonathan Majors has been cast for Kang in Antman 3 but he isn't credited in Loki so I doubt that Kang is being introduced in this series.

iii - Another Loki variant doing what the god of mischief does.  

Finally - No one...its all just running on its own.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

B - I doubt its Kang.  Jonathan Majors has been cast for Kang in Antman 3 but he isn't credited in Loki so I doubt that Kang is being introduced in this series.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5. The grown child of Loki and Sylvie.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I liked old Loki, it's a shame he died. But at least he went out like a boss.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6. He who remains

7. A corpse of whomever invented the AI "Miss Minutes" and she's been running things all along.

I'm holding out for another Loki, because they have been beating it into our heads in nearly every episode it takes a Loki (or maybe 2) to catch one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

6. He who remains

7. A corpse of whomever invented the AI "Miss Minutes" and she's been running things all along.

I'm holding out for another Loki, because they have been beating it into our heads in nearly every episode it takes a Loki (or maybe 2) to catch one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6. He who remains

Accompanied by a catchy jingle showing us what Miss Minutes had been doing behind the scenes during the course of the show.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not the fallout movie we wanted, but the fallout movie we deserved.

They better continue on with the 2nd season. 3 seasons would be nice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their "Purgatory" looks like Fallout .
Not really a Marvel fan , but I like this .

Not the fallout movie we wanted, but the fallout movie we deserved.

They better continue on with the 2nd season. 3 seasons would be nice.

No, these three shows are tie ins for Phase 4 of the movies.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I felt the same.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:51:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
The restaurant from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:09:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Another great Easter egg if you missed it.  The arcade game that’s in a scene.  Polybius.  An urban legend that picked up a lot of steam.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:27:40 AM EDT
[#17]
All the shots from the trailers that we haven’t seen yet.

I’m really looking forward to the bottom right one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

On the other hand:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The panning down through the soil to the Loki bunker was very Wes Andersonish. I'm surprised there wasn't a scale model of it too.
View Quote

Thor’s hammer was in the soil.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thor’s hammer was in the soil.
View Quote

so was Thor in a jar
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
so was Thor in a jar
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#22]

That was brilliant.

As an aside, I know we all despise Matt Damon, but casting him as "Loki" in Ragnarok was brilliant seeing as how he played Loki in Kevin Smith's Dogma.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Click To View Spoiler

Or

Click To View Spoiler

My guesses
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Or

Click To View Spoiler

My guesses
View Quote

Sorry man.  Great theories but the minute Sylvie enchanted Loki its all been a story she created to get info from him.  It was all a dream!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Loki not attempting to steal at least one infinity stone to use outside the TVA is the most un-Loki thing Loki has done all series.
View Quote

Still true as of episode 5.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sorry man.  Great theories but the minute Sylvie enchanted Loki its all been a story she created to get info from him.  It was all a dream!
View Quote

My thoughts
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

So when they were fighting in the mining shack and she 'failed' to enchant him, she really didn't fail?
When this is all over we'll snap back to that shack?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So when they were fighting in the mining shack and she 'failed' to enchant him, she really didn't fail?
When this is all over we'll snap back to that shack?
View Quote

She failed if the thought behind her not being able to use new or fake events holds true, only past events.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Also, if this is all in Loki's head the other scenes occurring outside his purview wouldn't make sense, i.e. conversations between Mobius and Ravonna, Sylvie and Ravonna, etc.

I just rewatched episode 5. Damn, this is good stuff. I enjoyed WandaVision even if I thought the final antagonist was underwhelming, though, it was a good show overall.

Loki is on a whole different level. It's as good as any Marvel movie released in phases 1-4. Epic.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Say what exactly came of Sylvie's carpet bomb of the timeline in episode 2? We saw a ton of TVA jackboots storming out to address it, and then... nothing? I guess they just sent out enough troops to reset all the nexus events she caused?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Say what exactly came of Sylvie's carpet bomb of the timeline in episode 2? We saw a ton of TVA jackboots storming out to address it, and then... nothing? I guess they just sent out enough troops to reset all the nexus events she caused?
View Quote

Her plan was for them to send out enough troops to leave the timekeepers relatively unguarded.
It ended up working out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Great episode - felt like a movie.

The color toning has to be indicative of what’s coming. So much purple for a reason. Kang foreshadowing probably.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Just fyi if anyone else has people watching with them asking what is The Philadelphia Experiment is about the movie is free to stream on Tubi.

The original 80's version, not the remake they tried to do a while back.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Sitting here and rewatching it with the wife and it dawned on me that kid Loki’s outfit was straight out of the young avengers.

Then I realized that WandaVision gave us Billy and Tommy and Falcon & Winter Soldier gave us Eli Bradley.

Looks like Marvels setting up a lot of storylines.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What do y’all think baby Sylvie did to create the nexus event?

My guess is that while other Lokis were on the path to causing “pain, suffering, and death so others can achieve the best versions of themselves” instead she was on the path to being a good person.

The show made a point of showing how Sylvie had genuine concern for a stranger even though she had been kidnapped and transported to a bizarre place 15 seconds ago and was only 8 years old.

Meanwhile when our Loki was 8 he was literally stabbing people with daggers.
View Quote

Kid Loki said “whenever one of us dares to try and fix themselves they’re sent here to die.”

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Black Widow was trash.  It had a decent opening, but after the opening titles ran it was all downhill from there.  I got about 2/3 through it (and even that was a struggle) before I threw in the towel.  This is the first MCU film I've ever seen in which I didn't give enough of a shit to even see how it finished.

Pretty much every scene makes reference to previous MCU characters and/or events in a desperate and obvious attempt to tell audiences "we're mentioning past MCU things and you like past MCU things so that means you like this."

Also every male character is either weak and pathetic or fat and dumb.  I know, big shocker.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Black Widow was trash.  It had a decent opening, but after the opening titles ran it was all downhill from there.  I got about 2/3 through it (and even that was a struggle) before I threw it the towel.  This is the first MCU film I've ever seen in which I didn't give enough of a shit to even see how it finished.

Pretty much every scene makes reference to previous MCU characters and/or events in a desperate and obvious attempt to tell audiences "we're mentioning past MCU things and you like past MCU things so that means you like this."

Also every male character is either weak and pathetic or fat and dumb.  I know, big shocker.
View Quote

I heard that Click To View Spoiler and that made it a hard pass for me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Black Widow - Clumsy, Dumb and Disappointing
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Black Widow was trash.  It had a decent opening, but after the opening titles ran it was all downhill from there.  I got about 2/3 through it (and even that was a struggle) before I threw it the towel.  This is the first MCU film I've ever seen in which I didn't give enough of a shit to even see how it finished.

Rachel Weisz looks damn good for a woman in her 50's.

Other than that I'm struggling to think of anything I liked about the movie after the opening.  IMO, it is the worst MCU film and I've seen all of them except for Captain "Can I Speak To The Manger?"
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Shame if BW is really as bad as you’re saying… Scarlett’s a great actress and easy to look at … and they have tons of great plotlines to choose from, but maybe we need our superpowered heros maybe? Has she had some kind of Russian Super Soldier syrum or anything like that, or is it just training? Because we learned in Falcon & Winter Soldier that a war hero with multiple MoHs couldn’t hang with powered people (I’m fine with that… they’ve got superpowers) but she can somehow…? That would be strange.

Black Widow *should* be excellent. Given the overall quality of the franchise plus history plus, plus, plus… if it isn’t, that’s a real shame.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Shame if BW is really as bad as you’re saying… Scarlett’s a great actress and easy to look at … and they have tons of great plotlines to choose from, but maybe we need our superpowered heros maybe? Has she had some kind of Russian Super Soldier syrum or anything like that, or is it just training? Because we learned in Falcon & Winter Soldier that a war hero with multiple MoHs couldn’t hang with powered people (I’m fine with that… they’ve got superpowers) but she can somehow…? That would be strange.

Black Widow *should* be excellent. Given the overall quality of the franchise plus history plus, plus, plus… if it isn’t, that’s a real shame.
View Quote

Not explicitly in the MCU but yes, a milder version that also slows her aging
Will probably check out BW this weekend and hope it doesn't suck as much as some say
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#43]
2 things:

1, Feige said that, "None of the marvel Disney + TV shows are of much significance."  He doesn't want them to be required watching before any movie.

2, 95% of Marvel movies/shows start with the hero fighting the evil copy of themselves.  Iron Man/Iron Monger. Black Panther, Killmonger.  Thor, Loki.  Ant Man, Yellowjacket.  Scarlet Witch, Agatha Harkness.  Don't expect some Huuuuuge revelation.

Loki, while great, will end with a Loki running things in Episode 6, and the "Variant" Loki needing to be sent back to Earth at the moment he disappeared. If he doesn't go back, then the tesseracht is missing.  He will go back willingly.  This will change our perception of him, as he had to knowlingly send the dark elves up the stairs to kill Mom, watch Asgard die, etc.  It also explains that he will fake getting his neck broken by Thanos, and will pretend to be a broken bottle on the floor.

Hiddleson's Loki survives Endgame due to learning stuff from Old Loki.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Loki, while great, will end with a Loki running things in Episode 6, and the "Variant" Loki needing to be sent back to Earth at the moment he disappeared. If he doesn't go back, then the tesseracht is missing.  He will go back willingly.  This will change our perception of him, as he had to knowlingly send the dark elves up the stairs to kill Mom, watch Asgard die, etc.  It also explains that he will fake getting his neck broken by Thanos, and will pretend to be a broken bottle on the floor.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
2 things:

1, Feige said that, "None of the marvel Disney + TV shows are of much significance."  He doesn't want them to be required watching before any movie.

2, 95% of Marvel movies/shows start with the hero fighting the evil copy of themselves.  Iron Man/Iron Monger. Black Panther, Killmonger.  Thor, Loki.  Ant Man, Yellowjacket.  Scarlet Witch, Agatha Harkness.  Don't expect some Huuuuuge revelation.

View Quote

You didn’t exactly crack the code there. In the comics every hero has their match with at least one of their bad guys. One of the reasons I’m so looking forward to Armor Wars is that it’s all armored suits all the time.

Dunno what they have in store for the Loki finale but it’s fun so far. I still say they’re color grading the green and purple to match Kang’s look.

I’m sure this stuff isn’t going to impact the greater overarching MCU but it’s fun to watch. Again, it’s just like in the comics… the heroes would all band together for the big crossovers and then go back to their “smaller” stories in their individual books.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

On the other hand:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the other hand:

Click To View Spoiler

Was just thinking.

His backstory with Thanos and his OG magic skills. Maybe he just pulled the same trick twice? Would be awesome if he popped up again.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Was just thinking.

His backstory with Thanos and his OG magic skills. Maybe he just pulled the same trick twice? Would be awesome if he popped up again.
View Quote

I read an article that surmised that Classic Loki pulled another misdirect and will be "The One Who Remains" in the castle.

Neat theory.  Who knows if its right.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#48]
You either die a villain, or you live long enough to see yourself become a hero.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:23:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Reportedly what happens in the last scene of the finale got leaked:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top