Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have a 3yo, so obviously i got it too...
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

What MCU film that has come out in the past decade didn't have a good opening weekend?

Also the most recent MCU film before this one grossed over $1.1B with a 20% smaller budget.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Just saw Black Widow last night...overall I enjoyed the film but take issue with these 3 things...
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just saw Black Widow last night...overall I enjoyed the film but take issue with these 3 things...
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I'm pretty sure both Evans and RDJ are happily done with the MCU.  

One is in his early 40's worth $80M and the other is in his mid 50's worth $300M.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

One is in his early 40's worth $80M and the other is in his mid 50's worth $300M.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

I am sure they could have gotten Evans and Mackie on set for a day to have them standing in the back of the Quinjet.  Just something to tie from the end of this to her 1st appearance in Infinity War.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am sure they could have gotten Evans and Mackie on set for a day to have them standing in the back of the Quinjet.  Just something to tie from the end of this to her 1st appearance in Infinity War.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Both Evans AND Kevin Feige confirmed Evans is done with the role so I'm not sure what makes you "sure" they could have gotten him to reprise the role.

Now the Captain America bench team, on the other hand, yeah, they could have gotten them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Both Evans AND Kevin Feige confirmed Evans is done with the role so I'm not sure what makes you "sure" they could have gotten him to reprise the role.

Now the Captain America bench team, on the other hand, yeah, they could have gotten them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

I don't think it would fit in right with the timeline. As Infinity War opens, everyone is still out doing their own thing, in hiding, etc.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't think it would fit in right with the timeline. As Infinity War opens, everyone is still out doing their own thing, in hiding, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

But when we first see Nat she is with Steve and Sam saving Wanda and Vision.  So having Steve as a cameo is him recruiting her into what he is doing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But when we first see Nat she is with Steve and Sam saving Wanda and Vision.  So having Steve as a cameo is him recruiting her into what he is doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Ahh... i remember now. Good catch. Something to get them linked up, or at least in contact, would flow well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Shit just got real interesting!
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:49:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Timelines be diverging and shit all deep up and inside of this here beotch!
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No, these three shows are tie ins for Phase 4 of the movies.
View Quote

Wrong
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Ho Lee Shit

How long I gotta wait ‘til season 2 ???
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Well now. This certainly is a pickle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I just touched myself in my no-no place. What a great series that was.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Annoyed with the cliffhanger/zero resolution ending, but way better ending than the shit endings for wandavision and falcon.

And damn the Sylvie actress has nice legs. I want those wrapped around my neck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Called it....

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Majors’ performance was annoying. And the entire plot of the episode was about 20 minutes of content stretched to 45 minutes.

Oh well. I won’t bitch much more.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Annoyed with the cliffhanger/zero resolution ending, but way better ending than the shit endings for wandavision and falcon.

View Quote

Screen name is fitting.

Yes, would smash like the hammer of Thor.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Screen name is fitting.

Yes, would smash like the hammer of Thor.
View Quote

I made the screename when I was way too young to have a clue what the connotation was. Just thought it sounded funny.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

In our timeline, you’d have to settle for Beck shaving his legs and wrapping them around your neck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Yep, you and everyone else who had more than slightly casual interest in comics as a kid.

ETA I had a KtC action figure back in the 80s. IIRC, it was part of a set that also included Doc Ock, Spider-Man, and Iron Man. Seems like there were two other figures but I cannot recall which ones.

ETAA Called my brother. It was Doom and Cap.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wait...Sylvie is a breastfeeding mommy, too!  Apparently her costume was built with hidden zippers so she could breastfeed her baby or pump milk in between takes.

I must admit that mommy Sylvie is looking pretty good!
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#29]
After how good the rest of the season was that finale felt like a child on Christmas morning brimming with expectations as he ran downstairs to see what Santa left him under the tree and he found..... a sweater.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Also, it was a total dick move to include scenes like these in the trailer and not use them:

Attachment Attached File

I realize a lot of shows have scenes in trailers that don’t make the final cut, but to show Loki ruling decked out in his Loki gear in the trailer for a show called “Loki” and NOT include it in the show is especially dickish.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Wonder if a image of a wooden plow came into focus in Todd's mind when he kissed female Loki Sylvie. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes, Sylvie is such a hottie.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Majors’ performance was annoying. And the entire plot of the episode was about 20 minutes of content stretched to 45 minutes.

View Quote

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan either.

Also, apparently Kang was white in the comics.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#34]

She’s improved since her first appearance, but yeah, a little bit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Beck lol
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#36]
What stinks is the supposedly June 2022 release of season 2. At least that's what I've gleaned of the internet.

While Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness is supposed to release in March 2022

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I looked at it as a guy who had lived a million to the millionth power worth of lives, and has done this role a million times. Remember this variant was just the guy who remained, a guy in a power vacuum, and someone just put 3 phase power into this power vacuum.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Majors' performance was annoying.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I thought he was great. He pulled off brilliant, powerful and completely insane.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Also, it was a total dick move to include scenes like these in the trailer and not use them:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/92BB3443-F907-4A4F-87A5-E5769D032564_jpe-2013328.JPG

I realize a lot of shows have scenes in trailers that don't make the final cut, but to show Loki ruling decked out in his Loki gear in the trailer for a show called "Loki" and NOT include it in the show is especially dickish.
View Quote

Marvel is known for misdirection in their trailers.

Hulk didn't show up to this fight, but he was in the trailer:

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/11/avengers-infinity-war-captain-america-black-panther-hulk-black-w-1061697.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/92BB3443-F907-4A4F-87A5-E5769D032564_jpe-2013328.JPG

I realize a lot of shows have scenes in trailers that don't make the final cut, but to show Loki ruling decked out in his Loki gear in the trailer for a show called "Loki" and NOT include it in the show is especially dickish.

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/11/avengers-infinity-war-captain-america-black-panther-hulk-black-w-1061697.png

As I said: I realize a lot of shows and movies have scenes in trailers that don't make the final cut. This isn't that. This isn't showing Hulk in the background of a scene where it ended up being Banner in a Hulkbuster.  Ruling as a king has been Loki's goal for hundreds of years.  Having a scene in the trailers where Loki achieves that goal and then not having anything about it on the show would be like having a show about Darkseid, showing a scene in the trailer where he obtains the Anti-Life Equation, and then not even having the Anti-Life Equation in the show.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#41]
That was outstanding. This has to be how Kang enters the MCU.

Best of the 3 Marvel series so far.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Still think that's Enchantress and not a female Loki.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#44]
the claymation like explanation from kang reminded me of the mysterous stranger

The Mysterious Stranger - from the Adventures of Mark Twain - claymation cartoon
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#45]
underwhelmed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I know nothing of the comics or the story and how this matches with marvels comics.

The black dude at the end was annoying. The dude from wedding crashers kinda sucked and plays the same guy in every role. Story was kinda boring.  

End was a yawwwnnn.

disappointed
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.  Here’s a timeless Uber-villain who’s acting like Lamar from the Bronx.   Didn’t sell me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#48]
You know, the more I see of the TVA in this series, the more I'm certain someone involved with this series was also involved in the real TVA circa 1979. Everything about it, the buildings, the tech, the TV monitors curving down from the ceiling against what looks like the same "mod" styled concrete wall that's just inside the entrance to the museum at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL, Miss Minute's syrupy Southern accent and courteousness, the closeups of almost everything in the closing credits, all screams lower Tennessee Valley native and vintage 1970/80-something Tennesse Valley Authority to me, the same TVA I grew up with, that my Dad retired from. Someone from N Alabama or Southern TN is heavily influencing this TVA.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I looked at it as a guy who had lived a million to the millionth power worth of lives, and has done this role a million times. Remember this variant was just the guy who remained, a guy in a power vacuum, and someone just put 3 phase power into this power vacuum.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did fine, I agree. Plus since it’s the same actor playing the Kang variant, he’ll probably want a 180 on voice inflection for billy badass version.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphyggt-462.gif

I thought he was great. He pulled off brilliant, powerful and completely insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Majors' performance was annoying.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphyggt-462.gif

Agreed.  I thought he did great job.  I also think Hiddleston is a fantastic performer and it would be hard to outshine him in a scene.

Where did Renslayer go?

This series was my favorite and probably better than some of the movies.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top