View Quote

Doing the work that Americans won't.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The highest point in Wisconsin should be a pile of dead commies.
View Quote

Do you have a Newsletter?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eir84U0XgAIkiLm?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Warms my heart.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure it's been posted but 140 pages, cmon
Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Our man Kyle waiting for his extradition hearing to commence.

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
The question is: which state is more apt To fuck him over vs give a fair shake?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I assume at some point he will be extradited to WI and this is just a delaying tactic. Is it even possible to have a state refuse an extradition on a non death penalty case ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

So is this just Kyle's legal team stalling as much as they can?  Let the heat cool down and let the mob get distracted by the next big...  oh look, a squirrel?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I assume at some point he will be extradited to WI and this is just a delaying tactic. Is it even possible to have a state refuse an extradition on a non death penalty case ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m curious if the extradition hearing can force WI to lay out the merits of their case and the defense can refute them to show insufficient evidence for the charges. Effectively a mini trial to attempt to get the charges tossed. IANAL
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I’m curious if the extradition hearing can force WI to lay out the merits of their case and the defense can refute them to show insufficient evidence for the charges. Effectively a mini trial to attempt to get the charges tossed. IANAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I'm hoping for.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 1:40:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Our man Kyle waiting for his extradition hearing to commence.

https://i.imgur.com/OYQhwra.png
View Quote

Nice shiner.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nice shiner.
View Quote

I do truly question how safe Kyle is in lock up,  Lin Wood says it's the 'safest' place for him right now, but with that black eye I've got my doubts.

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eir84U0XgAIkiLm?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noice.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do truly question how safe Kyle is in lock up,  Lin Wood says it's the 'safest' place for him right now, but with that black eye I've got my doubts.

View Quote

Lin Wood isn’t building a lot of confidence in me right now.  I hope that’s because he is much smarter than me and I don’t see the end game.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lin Wood isn’t building a lot of confidence in me right now.  I hope that’s because he is much smarter than me and I don’t see the end game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it a bit disconcerting that multiple lawyers here and elsewhere are rather concerned with how Rittenhouse is being handled by Wood and Pierce.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I find it a bit disconcerting that multiple lawyers here and elsewhere are rather concerned with how Rittenhouse is being handled by Wood and Pierce.
View Quote

Last I read, Pierce is gone.  He stepped out due to ethical conflicts.  I’ve written Wood and offered to work for free.  He’d have to be damn desperate to accept that offer and he hasn’t yet, so I hold out hope.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

His constant posting on Twitter makes me wonder how he has time for working on Kyle's case.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

His constant posting on Twitter makes me wonder how he has time for working on Kyle's case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's funny.  I've thot the same thing, too...  
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

He’s a civil lawyer.  His interest is that he’ll get paid well for suing every single thing that called Kyle a white nationalist, etc. But he still needs Kyle to be no-billed or whatever the equivalent is there.  I expect these are things they’ve discussed with Kyle and his family and they are making a conscious decision to make the criminal part harder in order to make the civil case easier.

It worries me though; because from the outside you don’t know what’s going on,
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He shouldn’t be working on the case at all except for maybe the PR side. He’s a defamation/libel attorney.

The kid needs a criminal defense attorney, or a team of them, with a fuck ton of experience in murder cases and self defense claims.

If the team he has now is doing anything other than coordinating and assembling the actual team they expect to show up and do the dirty work, they’re doing the kid a disservice.

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He shouldn’t be working on the case at all except for maybe the PR side. He’s a defamation/libel attorney.

The kid needs a criminal defense attorney, or a team of them, with a fuck ton of experience in murder cases and self defense claims.

If the team he has now is doing anything other than coordinating and assembling the actual team they expect to show up and do the dirty work, they’re doing the kid a disservice.
View Quote

That's true, I forgot he's a civil attorney. I just find the daily, repeated Twitter posting unprofessional in general. It doesn't inspire confidence.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle needs money and Wood will get him money. He needs Wood.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  I do find it interesting he posts so much on twitter.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's true, I forgot he's a civil attorney. I just find the daily, repeated Twitter posting unprofessional in general. It doesn't inspire confidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much did he get the smiling kid the media slandered?  A shit ton. I’d say he’s doing just fine. Past performance should inspire confidence.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How much did he get the smiling kid the media slandered?  A shit ton. I’d say he’s doing just fine. Past performance should inspire confidence.
View Quote

Never, fucking ever, trust a lawyer.  Make them show you in terms you can understand exactly how what they are doing benefits you - and then be distrustful as fuck after that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Never, fucking ever, trust a lawyer.  Make them show you in terms you can understand exactly how what they are doing benefits you - and then be distrustful as fuck after that.
View Quote

I have found that you have to prod them a lot to do things they said they would.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

No wiser words have ever been spoken.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No wiser words have ever been spoken.
View Quote

Well, I’m a lawyer... so not hard to fake wisdom on this point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well, I’m a lawyer... so not hard to fake wisdom on this point.
View Quote

So we shouldn't trust your opinion then? Got it
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You shouldn’t until I’ve demonstrated in normal human speech how what I am saying benefits or harms you.  Appreciate the wink; but seriously... lawyers are not normal people and deserve to be treated with distrust.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It worries me though; because from the outside you don’t know what’s going on,
View Quote

If we knew what was going on, so would the prosecution.

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You shouldn’t until I’ve demonstrated in normal human speech how what I am saying benefits or harms you.  Appreciate the wink; but seriously... lawyers are not normal people and deserve to be treated with distrust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the honesty and agree. Trust but verify.  Or maybe backwards. Verify and trust what’s in writing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I appreciate the honesty and agree. Trust but verify.  Or maybe backwards. Verify and trust what’s in writing.
View Quote

??????? ?? ????????
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ultimately it's not up to us to trust Wood, that's Kyle's call and he'll be the only one in a position to fully hear him out. All we can do is watch how it plays out. Last time Wood went to work we saw what he did for Nick Sandmann, which I think is a good indicator that Wood can be helpful for Kyle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ultimately it's not up to us to trust Wood, that's Kyle's call and he'll be the only one in a position to fully hear him out. All we can do is watch how it plays out. Last time Wood went to work we saw what he did for Nick Sandmann, which I think is a good indicator that Wood can be helpful for Kyle.
View Quote

Like I said, I’m hopeful.  I don’t understand why it is safer for Kyle to be held in a county jail, which are generally notoriously dangerous.  I’m really hoping that is part of the backend civil strategy; but if it is why would you tweet your client is safer there?  Like you said, that’s Kyle’s call... he’s an adult now making decisions that no adult among us would care to make.  Like a lot of life, sometimes you just pray and hope it works out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm sure it's been posted but 140 pages, cmon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dhPM99i4I
View Quote

That video goes great with the song below.  

Thomas Rhett - Be A Light (Fan Video)

Watch the video with the volume down and listen to  this song, any where you pick it up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#42]
So that black eye that he had, posted above, would that be from an inmate or a officer? I'm guessing inmate...??? I wanted to say that I hope it was from an inmate and not a damn officer but Jesus, that's a no-win situation all around.  He has got to have a big Target on his back
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Like I said, I’m hopeful.  I don’t understand why it is safer for Kyle to be held in a county jail, which are generally notoriously dangerous.  I’m really hoping that is part of the backend civil strategy; but if it is why would you tweet your client is safer there?  Like you said, that’s Kyle’s call... he’s an adult now making decisions that no adult among us would care to make.  Like a lot of life, sometimes you just pray and hope it works out.
View Quote

Two questions -

1. The alternative to Kyle sitting in County Jail would seem to be a safehouse somewhere. That would have to probably meet some limitations based on bail conditions and probably be expensive for quality security, yes?

2. Other than this Robert Barnes character (Alex Jones attorney for the Sandy Hook is a fraud and nobody died there case) who is basically a tax lawyer, what qualified criminal defense attorneys have expressed concern about the quality of representation?
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just a thought and I could be totally off base.

It could be safer for Kyle to remain in jail for as long as possible for the sake of defamation suit. It could be laid out in court that the media and social media had slandered him so much that there was really no other viable option for Kyle, but to remain in custody to keep him safe. True or not, it could be used.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Two questions -

1. The alternative to Kyle sitting in County Jail would seem to be a safehouse somewhere. That would have to probably meet some limitations based on bail conditions and probably be expensive for quality security, yes?

2. Other than this Robert Barnes character (Alex Jones attorney for the Sandy Hook is a fraud and nobody died there case) who is basically a tax lawyer, what qualified criminal defense attorneys have expressed concern about the quality of representation?
View Quote

As I said earlier, I do not understand why they are making these choices.  And your suggestions don’t help me understand it any better.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Last I read, Pierce is gone.  He stepped out due to ethical conflicts.  I’ve written Wood and offered to work for free.  He’d have to be damn desperate to accept that offer and he hasn’t yet, so I hold out hope.
View Quote

I believe he stepped away form being involved in the #FightBack fund to avoid the appearance of ethical conflicts. I haven't read that he stepped away from the case.

Edit: he represented Kyle at the extradition hearing on Friday 9.25.20

https://politicofire.com/2020/09/25/kyle-rittenhouse-makes-first-court-appearance-his-attorney-fights-extradition-to-wisconsin/
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Kyle's parents' call, too, right?  He is still a minor, isn't he?
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Kyle
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#49]
is not
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#50]
a HERO!
Page / 142
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top