BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hilarious.

Feral dogs should be shoot on sight any way.
View Quote

I agree, if she knew it was a dog

Quoted:
Probably a troll
View Quote
yup

Quoted:
Should result in a permanent hunting license revocation.
View Quote
depends, if she knew that is was a feral dog I give her a pass. If she was too dumb to know then I agree.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It says "Max" on the collar. Also your foster parents are dead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol at the reddit comments.  

“of course it’s a wolf!, It says “Wolfie” right on the collar”

It says "Max" on the collar. Also your foster parents are dead.

First thing I thought of when I saw that post.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And about to suffer death via starving, predator or Amber. Amber was a quick death.

Eager to see the GW's creative writing skills on shooting non-game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They weren't feral, they were dumped.

And about to suffer death via starving, predator or Amber. Amber was a quick death.

If you kill something based on incorrect ID, and still treat it as what you thought it was even after being corrected, can you be charged with killing what you thought it was?

Maybe they should just plaster ger photos at all license sellers with a big "Don't do this" sign.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
We don't exactly have "feral" dogs in MT.  A dog in the woods is either lost, or soon to be eaten by something bigger.

She thought she was shooting a wolf.

Dumbass at minimum. If it's true that she killed first and then bought a tag afterwards, then she's a criminal dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Log out. Don’t come back.
View Quote

What are you, Arfcom's unelected Deputy Doofus? Usually I'd refrain from making note of a join date...gonna make an exception here. Slow your roll, chief.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Kinda looks like a wolf.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]
My environmental studies professor volunteered at the Deer Check Station.

He has a photograph of someone trying to check a goat.

At least she got the right species.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
She'll be working for the fatf by the end of the week
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What are you, Arfcom's unelected Deputy Doofus? Usually I'd refrain from making note of a join date...gonna make an exception here. Slow your roll, chief.
View Quote

Fair enough but Billy Badass stated they’d shoot any dog, even if tame on his property. You don’t think that’s fucked?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For a second I thought you were talking about me! Can't be though.

I'm retarded not stupid. I listen to EDM. I drink tea and don't hold loans but I sure am uneducated!
View Quote

I dig EDM. I love tea, although it never occurs to me to buy some at the store. For the record, there’s a big distinction in my mind between rural conservative folks compared to the proverbial redneck. Admittedly, I’m a city slicker millennial conservative gun nut.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, u.
View Quote

I totally wood but GD provides too much entertainment. Like the dog shooting Diesel McBadass operatives on here. If you are serious about shooting tame dogs on your property, you should be prosecuted.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Where was Frank ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I totally wood but GD provides too much entertainment. Like the dog shooting Diesel McBadass operatives on here. If you are serious about shooting tame dogs on your property, you should be prosecuted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, u.

For what - unlicensed animal control?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, u.

Hahahaha.

Keeping your furchild at home is free, and leashes and colors come in many colors and are cheap.

Your dog isn't worth ten cents to one of my cows you fucking muppet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ohio isn't Montana. Montana isn't Ohio. People here are nuts - we'll shoot strays with zero hesitation. Like your animals? Good! I like mine too. Keep them safe and under your control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the outrage?

When I was a kid we shot every dog that came on property that wasn't ours wild or tame.

Boo hoo. It's a fucking dog, keep it at home. People with livestock will kill it.

Ohio isn't Montana. Montana isn't Ohio. People here are nuts - we'll shoot strays with zero hesitation. Like your animals? Good! I like mine too. Keep them safe and under your control.

I agree with you regarding keeping them secured but majority of dogs have probably got off their land loose at least once.

If they are aggressive or causing problems then I understand that and the fault is on the dog/owner but is it really necessary to shoot a dog just because you can ? How would you like it if your kids lost their pet because the one time it slipped out the neighbor shot it immediately just because he could ? Why not try to be a decent human being first.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I agree with you regarding keeping them secured but majority of dogs have probably got off their land loose at least once.

If they are aggressive or causing problems then I understand that and the fault is on the dog/owner but is it really necessary to shoot a dog just because you can ? How would you like it if your kids lost their pet because the one time it slipped out the neighbor shot it immediately just because he could ? Why not try to be a decent human being first.
View Quote

Because he’s from Montana and that’s just what they do out there!

It isn’t all Califonicated like Wyoming… They are don’t have time to hand it a treat, look for a collar and dial a number to help a family find their lost dog.

They shoot first and post it on Facebook later… They don’t even get to the asking questions part!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the outrage?

When I was a kid we shot every dog that came on property that wasn't ours wild or tame.

Boo hoo. It's a fucking dog, keep it at home. People with livestock will kill it.

Been there, done that. Hauled dogs back to owners pleading with them to do something, anything, or I will shoot them. Got told it would never happen again, they were getting a new pen and collar, on and on.

Two weeks later, the same dog is wandering around by my hay shed with bloody lips. Welp, that's the breaks I guess. 40 grs it is.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Been there, done that. Hauled dogs back to owners pleading with them to do something, anything, or I will shoot them. Got told it would never happen again, they were getting a new pen and collar, on and on.

Two weeks later, the same dog is wandering around by my hay shed with bloody lips. Welp, that's the breaks I guess. 40 grs it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the outrage?

If its the same dog you gave chances to then I understand. I get your side. I just don't get people that seem eager and ok to shoot any dog then run across just because its off their land. A dog getting out can happen to anyone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It isn’t all Califonicated like Wyoming… They are don’t have time to hand it a treat, look for a collar and dial a number to help a family find their lost dog.

They shoot first and post it on Facebook later… They don’t even get to the asking questions part!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife and daughters have gotten *many* dogs back to their rightful owners. Granted we live in town not the country but I can't imagine it would be any different if we did. Again if its a problem or repeated offense I get it, just saying I'd certainly appreciate the favor if mine got out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Its difficult for me to understand that there are people out there that are this fucking stupid!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why the outrage?

View Quote

You have a fair enough point. The contention is stemming from the fact that this retard (apologies to the real retards) thinks this husky is a wolf!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which is probably the last thing you read here a month ago.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My wife and daughters have gotten *many* dogs back to their rightful owners. Granted we live in town not the country but I can't imagine it would be any different if we did. Again if its a problem or repeated offense I get it, just saying I'd certainly appreciate the favor if mine got out.
View Quote

Trust me we live in the sticks… I hunt and shoot out my back door. I’ve returned many a dog.

Thankfully my pooch (a 100 lb GSD) doesn’t leave our yard, even though we have no fence. He just doesn’t have any wanderlust. He protects the house and that’s it. It’s his job and he likes his job.

But he’s still a dog, and there would be hell to pay if some redneck asshole shot him for just being in the wrong place.

Chasing and harassing stock? I’d be pissed, especially if it was a first offense. But I can get why folks need to protect there livelihood.

But the whole “I shoot dogs on sight because that’s what we do out here!” fills every negative stereotype of gun owners, hunters, and county folk.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My environmental studies professor volunteered at the Deer Check Station.

He has a photograph of someone trying to check a goat.

At least she got the right species.
View Quote
I hunted a real premium piece of land years ago. Beautiful terrain, many features, good deer.

Right up until some asshole guest from the city shot one of the landowner's fucking expensive horses in the field you were never supposed to be within 1/2 mile of and put his tag on it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#25]
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard "If it's brown, it's down."
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the outrage?

What would you do if someone came onto your property without permission and shot your dog?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They sure were! By the local kill shelter.

I don't see much difference between an injection or a bullet for dumped animals. Tons of huskies and mixes are put down regularly.

Doesn't change the fact that the woman in question is a thundering moron obviously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They weren't feral, they were dumped.

All of the other dogs it was dumped with were rescued.

They sure were! By the local kill shelter.

I don't see much difference between an injection or a bullet for dumped animals. Tons of huskies and mixes are put down regularly.

Doesn't change the fact that the woman in question is a thundering moron obviously.

I’ve lived in 13 different places in 7 different states.

From dirt road rural that still has no cellphone coverage to this day to a couple of major metro areas.

I have not yet seen a shelter that would not have a wait list for one of the litter of new Husky pups the second they were ready to go home,
Or lined asking when the six month old pups were going to be cleared ready to go.

Hell, even with a problem child older Husky, some Husky rescue group even from another state would be asking to get it keep them from being put down.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I've not seen it posted in this thread but apparently the husky in the OP was trapped and then shot.  She didn't kill it while hunting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Really hope that's faked, but I'm gonna go pet our husky now to make me feel better
View Quote

Same...
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Gross

But the sub is having fun with it:

"Treed my first lion"

"Went crow hunting. Got a wolf too"

"Wolf pup I bagged last year"
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is your dog harassing my livestock?

It lost it’s oxygen license.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Two houses down from us in rural Montana the family had a wolf dog hybrid thing. Good dog, kept all their pastures clear.

He wore a hunting vest any time they left the fence.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why the outrage?

View Quote

That’s horrible. Just for that, I’m sponsoring 10 Californians to move to Montana. That’ll teach ya!

TC
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s Interesting to see the polarity on this topic. I’ve never really taken the time to think about it.  

I have high $ value dogs that due to their nature wander from time to time. I live with the reality that they could get hit by a car or lose them to an accident. One of them being shot by a neighbor has never really crossed my mind but is within their rights.

On the other side of the coin a couple times a year my neighbors horses or cattle wonder onto my property. They’ve been in my back yard even entering my barn and caused what most would view as”property damage” they could also be a danger to someone who doesn’t know how to deal with them.

I always  just wrangled them up and helped the neighbor get them back where they should be. Guess shooting them would be an option that I never considered, maybe even take a couple shots at their boy when he rides his 4 wheeler on my property…
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well.....

At least it wasn't a llama
View Quote

I was living in Montana when that happened and understand your reference.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Not a woman. Not a wolf pup.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Being an owner of a husky of that dumb bitch shot my dog, i would be posing with her skinned as a rug.    

Romeo is not amused.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Is she from CA?

What a fucking retard.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Just last year a young girl shot a cow elk in NC/VA thinking it was a deer.

That has to be fake. She isn’t dressed like a hunter who just bagged its game.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It’s Interesting to see the polarity on this topic. I’ve never really taken the time to think about it.  

I have high $ value dogs that due to their nature wander from time to time. I live with the reality that they could get hit by a car or lose them to an accident. One of them being shot by a neighbor has never really crossed my mind but is within their rights.

On the other side of the coin a couple times a year my neighbors horses or cattle wonder onto my property. They’ve been in my back yard even entering my barn and caused what most would view as”property damage” they could also be a danger to someone who doesn’t know how to deal with them.

I always  just wrangled them up and helped the neighbor get them back where they should be. Guess shooting them would be an option that I never considered, maybe even take a couple shots at their boy when he rides his 4 wheeler on my property…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems reasonable from both sides to me.  Sure the livestock might cause some property damage, but I doubt it's much and it's easy to repair.  Dogs harassing livestock can injure or kill them pretty easily, which can mean the loss of a lot of money and time especially if the livestock is a breeder with good genes.  And I'm sure everyone with a shred of sense understands what a pet can mean to a family, no matter how much of a fence-jumping shithead he might be.  It's nice when you have a decent neighbor and the situation allows the neighbor to help get the dog off the land without a more permanent solution.  But it's asking a lot to want that more than once or twice.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Wolf
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Gross

But the sub is having fun with it:

"Treed my first lion"
https://i.redd.it/a5xvu1ewb7q91.jpg

"Went crow hunting. Got a wolf too"

"Wolf pup I bagged last year"
https://i.redd.it/5b78qkr6d7q91.jpg
View Quote
OK, I laughed at that one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Feral dog in the woods = good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's Interesting to see the polarity on this topic. I've never really taken the time to think about it.  

On the other side of the coin a couple times a year my neighbors horses or cattle wonder onto my property. They've been in my back yard even entering my barn and caused what most would view as"property damage" they could also be a danger to someone who doesn't know how to deal with them.

I always  just wrangled them up and helped the neighbor get them back where they should be. Guess shooting them would be an option that I never considered, maybe even take a couple shots at their boy when he rides his 4 wheeler on my property  
View Quote
Livestock are expensive more so if they are a breeder or pregnant.

My Aunt and Uncles in MT have shot quite a few dogs chasing their livestock.

I have shot quite a few feral cats for a aunt. Damn people dropping them off anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#47]
I used to deer hunt on a plantation near Agusta GA.  The owner had one rule: shoot any dogs or coyotes on sight.  He was tired of losing livestock to dogs that got dumped.  His neighbors knew his policy and kept their dogs under control.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It seems reasonable from both sides to me.  Sure the livestock might cause some property damage, but I doubt it's much and it's easy to repair.  Dogs harassing livestock can injure or kill them pretty easily, which can mean the loss of a lot of money and time especially if the livestock is a breeder with good genes.  And I'm sure everyone with a shred of sense understands what a pet can mean to a family, no matter how much of a fence-jumping shithead he might be.  It's nice when you have a decent neighbor and the situation allows the neighbor to help get the dog off the land without a more permanent solution.  But it's asking a lot to want that more than once or twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the key word is neighbor, Unfortunately that’s not the case with many of the scenario’s being discussed.

Thinking of $ values… my dogs pups run 1-2k depending on the market and could go even higher if I took the time to market them or put 90 days of training into them. We normally do 3-4 litters of 5-8 pups before we retire a female. Stud fee for a male is normally pick if the litter or $ equivalent to one pup… pretty significant $ if we lost one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What would you do if someone came onto your property without permission and shot your dog?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the outrage?

Well think about that - passing fences or breaking a locked gate. Trespassing. Armed.

What do you think I'd do?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#50]
I've had people ask me is Maus is a wolf, or part wolf.

Attachment Attached File

(Maus is not a wolf)
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top