BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And leftists heads are probably exploding over that, because they just. Don't. Get it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I thought that was just that one GD member.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't there recently a posse formed to look for that escaped convict in Pennsylvania, or was that some other recent place?

I thought that was just that one GD member.

I remember that dude, but I remember a recent case where an actual, honest-to-God posse was formed to look for an escaped convict somewhere here in the US. Maybe it wasn't Pennsylvania, idk.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The government and its agents are " in this together ", and we the dirty citizen peasants are " not in this together" with them, more like VS them. That's the general attitude anyway far too often, citizens are simply stupid annoying law breaking livestock / misbehaving children to them, to be told what to do, not their peers, or adults capable of fixing shit ourselves.

In fact, government resents citizens fixing shit for themselves as it embarrasses them, thus they try to stop citizens t every opportunity from fixing shit, like potholes, crime, theft, helping hard up people needing help, etc.
View Quote
That's the reason you see some police departments acting like shitheads towards the guy that goes after pedos.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Anybody with a brain has a clue about what your cell phone can give up on you.  Easy to say turn off your phone or leave it behind when you do things you don't want people to find out about, but what about the corollary to this - use your phone for active deception.  
If you want to plan an escape ahead of time you could stick your phone on the underside of a commercial vehicle.  Imagine a garbage truck carrying your phone all over the city until the battery dies.  Cops would go crazy looking for you while the garbage truck kept on driving.  I wonder if the cops would even figure it out before your phone battery died in a day or three.

I heard something on the radio about the guy being "prepared".  Didn't catch the details, but if he was average intelligence and prepared he could be long gone.  Buy a cheap car with cash out of town a few months ago (seller unlikely to remember him).  Preposition the unknown car at the boat ramp and with an easy 1-2 hour head start(before they could ID him from surveillance cameras) he could be long gone.  If he ditched his cell phone, didn't use his credit cards, and has a car they aren't looking for he could be closer to florida or california by now and uncatchable unless/until he pops up on the grid somehow.

View Quote
Even when you turn "off" your phone, the radio and gps is still active.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In 2009 I went back to college to finish my degree. They had their little signs and I had loose fitting shirts.

The on campus security guards plan for an active shooter was to run to a safe location and call 911. I know that because they actually told me that.

Ain't nobody coming to save you in this world. Plan accordingly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm probably the same age as you. I remember all those things. I started HS in a podunk mountain town in Washington and we had the dogs come through for weed but never any guns that I remember. When I got back to Florida though, it happened quite a bit. Mainly hoodrats doing hoodrat shit though.

I hear some people may or may not have carried their concealed handgun to their local college classes on more than one occasion.

In 2009 I went back to college to finish my degree. They had their little signs and I had loose fitting shirts.

The on campus security guards plan for an active shooter was to run to a safe location and call 911. I know that because they actually told me that.

My man.

The person who was definitely not me, kept it in the "secret" pouch in his or her backpack. They also may or may not have planned on just policing their brass and leaving should they have had to engage an active shooter.

Our guards were also unarmed, so they weren't going to be of much help.

ETA: ours had signs, but also had the weight of actual criminal law and jail time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm a Bayesian practitioner that doesn't believe in brainstorming.   I think the degreed and licensed experts failed this guy, his victims and are ultimately responsible for the carnage.  Anyone that threatens to shoot up a US military base will find themselves facing a felony.  Not this guy.  He was set free by the authoritarian and MD idiots that want everyone to be treated as the least common denominator of mass murderer and hand over their guns.
View Quote
And it was a hospital in NY state, nonetheless.  Shall we start calling for hochul's arrest now, or later?  I know, military hospital, but still, within the borders of NY.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who the hell could possibly want a gun for this situation that doesn't already have at least one????
View Quote
Hunting season starts tomorrow, everyone forgot they wanted to hunt.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They seem pretty sure he hasn't left the area, maybe because they have no indicators that he did yet? Dude can't show his face anywhere, and if he's alive he'll have to eventually.
View Quote

Or they are just out of ideas now what to do so doing a massive under water search ?

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

A CrossBreed SuperTuck is a good choice if you're sitting in various lecture halls for hours on end.

Or so I've been told
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They seem pretty sure he hasn't left the area, maybe because they have no indicators that he did yet? Dude can't show his face anywhere, and if he's alive he'll have to eventually.
View Quote

FWIW I haven't received any EAS messages today - thus far, anyways.

DHS aircraft looks to be coming in to either Portland or Brunswick - https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=a4ff6f
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They say he was a "reservist."  So, was he a one weekend a month/2 weeks a year reservist, or a full time member of the USAR?

If he was a one weekend a month guy, do we know what his regular job was?

And if he wasn't an Army firearms instructor, was he certified elsewhere?

View Quote

Since nobody has mentioned where he worked, my guess is he was either GS or AGR reservist and that was his full time job.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My man.

The person who was definitely not me, kept it in the "secret" pouch in his or her backpack. They also may or may not have planned on just policing their brass and leaving should they have had to engage an active shooter.

ETA: ours had signs, but also had the weight of actual criminal law and jail time.
View Quote

I view my CCW the same way I view my penis.

It hangs off me everywhere I go but I don't show it to anyone and I only pull it out when I absolutely need to.*

* Disregard my screen name for this post please.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#13]
This dude is in the river.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It hangs off me everywhere I go but I don't show it to anyone and I only pull it out when I absolutely need to.*

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My man.

You're nuts if you think I'm disregarding that screen name
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're nuts if you think I'm disregarding that screen name
View Quote

It's a long story and better told in person.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Wish we had some mechanism to take bets on here.  I am pretty sure he has E&E'ed out and is regrouping, others are sure he is in the river.  

There is a market here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I get being vigilant and all, but locking down for ONE asshole is just nuts.  I would rather die in a gunfight than live with myself for being such a coward that I let this prick control my life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you arguing that things need to go back to normal? Or what are you questioning? Folks should no longer be vigilant and locked down while this nutso is still loose?

I get being vigilant and all, but locking down for ONE asshole is just nuts.  I would rather die in a gunfight than live with myself for being such a coward that I let this prick control my life.

My kids school is 15 mins from Lewiston.  Imagine they didn't close the schools then he showed up. This JUST happened. It's not overcautious to issue a shelter in place or close schools temporarily.  But even the shelter in place, nobody's guarding our doors so we can't leave.
Also that ONE asshole killed 18. Shit a bunch more. Perfectly good reason to exercise caution.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My kids school is 15 mins from Lewiston.  Imagine they didn't close the schools then he showed up. This JUST happened. It's not overcautious to issue a shelter in place or close schools temporarily.  But even the shelter in place, nobody's guarding our doors so we can't leave.
Also that ONE asshole killed 18. Shit a bunch more. Perfectly good reason to exercise caution.
View Quote

For how long?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think that person is still in D.C.

But, yeah, I can understand closing school.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

When are you going to start your ARF Tour and come to all of our houses so we can hear the story?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think who considers what era to be "back in the day" is relevant to this conversation.

If your back in the day was pre 1960's then no, there were not the mass shootings at the frequency and body count we have now.

If your back in the day starts around Columbine then yes, mass shootings have been happening.

Pretty safe to say we had less mass shootings from 1920 to 1970 (50 yrs) than we have had in the last couple of years. It just wasn't trendy....back in the day. And self-defense was not looked down upon. It was expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This shit happened back in the day as well.

I think who considers what era to be "back in the day" is relevant to this conversation.

If your back in the day was pre 1960's then no, there were not the mass shootings at the frequency and body count we have now.

If your back in the day starts around Columbine then yes, mass shootings have been happening.

Pretty safe to say we had less mass shootings from 1920 to 1970 (50 yrs) than we have had in the last couple of years. It just wasn't trendy....back in the day. And self-defense was not looked down upon. It was expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

Charles Whitman comes to mind.

So does this although different methods were used to kill.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Local radio news said he bought a $2000 thermal scope recently.  

Sounds like he had some sort of plans.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

For how long?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For how long?

Don’t go out at nighttime until the very nervous lads with rifles are ordered to stand down.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Firearms deer season starts tomorrow...
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Or they are just out of ideas now what to do so doing a massive under water search ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I'm just speculating. Thing is, if he is still alive and unassed the area, he has one hell of a head start and they don't even know what kind of vehicle to look for.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And leftists heads are probably exploding over that, because they just. Don't. Get it.
View Quote

the only good to come of this is that people will stay strapped and hopefully tell mills to fuck off at her upcoming attempt to make them all felons
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Youd think they would have done that already, like looking the water by the boat launch.

Which apparently they're just now doing

View Quote

Priorities.

If he is in the water, he is no threat, so look for him alive trying to escape in case he is alive trying to escape.

The easy local alive places have been covered, didn’t find him.

Now they are faced with if they have no idea where he is, how long do they keep people locked down just because they can’t find him, so now if they can find a body, the area can go back to normal as normal a possible.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wish we had some mechanism to take bets on here.  I am pretty sure he has E&E'ed out and is regrouping, others are sure he is in the river.  

There is a market here.
View Quote

NVM. raffle is over.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#30]
From a report I saw the dam operators have dropped the water for the search, which is probably why they didn't look in the water much yesterday. With the number of dams upstream they can really lower levels by holding flows in a bunch of spots
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

For how long?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For how long?

Indefinitely. My son's school is closed until further notice, and it's over an hour away from Lewiston. Some schools are further and also closed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#32]
If Maine or even the local area tries to cancel firearm deer season or even move it back, they are going to piss off a tremendous amount of people especially with the price of meat these days.

I hope it happens, maybe Mainers  will wake the fuck up and stop electing democrats.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Priorities.

If he is in the water, he is no threat, so look for him alive trying to escape in case he is alive trying to escape.

Now they are faced with if they have no idea where he is, how long do they keep people locked down just because they can’t find him, so now if they can find a body, the area can go back to normal as normal a possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Youd think they would have done that already, like looking the water by the boat launch.

Which apparently they're just now doing

Priorities.

I don't live in the designated "shelter in place" areas, but I'd be damned if I wouldn't be doing whatever tf I wanted if I did. I doubt the police are enforcing it in any case.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#34]
All this speculation about what happened to Mr. Card or where he is is starting to sound like the situation with Brian Laundrie
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#35]
https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/height/675/https://media.salon.com/2013/02/car_shot.jpg

That is a lot of hate directed at that Tacoma.  I find interesting that the picture shows both entrance and exit damage from the shots. Did he circle  it while he was shooting it up?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There is a market here.
View Quote
There's precedent with NickGunnar (sp?) also.

If we had such a system, I'd go in on "Wasn't really a firearm instructor", and "dead in the water/woods".

I'm starting to wonder how much of the base info is inaccurate. I would not be shocked to learn he wasn't schizo, but there was some other problems instead. I haven't seen confirmation that he was actually a firearms instructor, and wonder how that became canon in the early lore.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will that involve crab dip and model trains?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If we had such a system, I'd go in on "Wasn't really a firearm instructor", and "dead in the water/woods".

I'm starting to wonder how much of the base info is inaccurate. I would not be shocked to learn he wasn't schizo, but there was some other problems instead. I haven't seen confirmation that he was actually a firearms instructor, and wonder how that became canon in the early lore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a market here.

Fog of war, don't even start speculating till a day or 3 go by.   All early reports are wrong, witnesses are never right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Will that involve crab dip and model trains?
View Quote

Was that the guy who posted an ad where there would be some touching but no gay shit?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If Maine or even the local area tries to cancel firearm deer season or even move it back, they are going to piss off a tremendous amount of people especially with the price of meat these days.

I hope it happens, maybe Mainers  will wake the fuck up and stop electing democrats.
View Quote

They ought to be plenty pissed already, following the comments of their tone-deaf senator.

Deer season would just be the icing on the cake for anyone who didn't get the message.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#41]
It is easier than imagined for him to have escaped. He could have bought a used craigslist car. Or he is dead in the water.  In NC when the feds searched for Eric Rudolph the feds would go out in the morning and come back to the hotel at night. So all Rudolph had to do was be a 1-2 day hike in the woods and the feds were not going to find him.  The feds don't sleep in tents. they travel light.  They were hoping the technology would come through. In heavy hilly wooded cover that is a big hope.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Run, Hide, Fight is taught in a way that Fight is the last resort. Going through the training at work recently they harped on it. Of course they dont want to say people could be legally armed, this is government after all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

However, the "conventional wisdom," the actual training for years now has been, "Run, Hide, Fight."  So everyone ran!  I guess none were armed.  The standing orders for armed people should be different.

Dog the Bounty Hunter was on last night and in his own way said what you are saying.  Forget the cops, send in 300 Marines!  

Run, Hide, Fight are three actions you can take; tt doesnt mean you have to run first, then hide and finally fight. You employ the appropriate technique for the situation you are in.

Run, Hide, Fight is taught in a way that Fight is the last resort. Going through the training at work recently they harped on it. Of course they dont want to say people could be legally armed, this is government after all

Yep. That's exactly how most places/people teach it; Fight, as a last resort.

I recall some schools where they were trying to teach that if an active shooter enters a classroom, cowering isn't effective. Pick up whatever you can (books/bags/furniture/whatever), and throw it at the shooter. If they're ducking/blocking, they're not firing effectively, and it opens up the possibility for someone to tackle them.

The guy who ran and hid above the pin machines said the shooter was no more than 15' away when the shooting began. In the interview, the guy absolutely looks like someone who works out. Maximum weight for a bowling ball is 16lbs. Any fit male should easily be able to throw a 16lb ball to/at a person 15' away with a basketball chest pass type throw. A bowling lane is 20 yards long. This guy had enough time to run down this 20 yard lane and climb up the pin machine.

EVERYONE who bowls, has the ability to bowl a ball. If people had the "Fight back!" mentality vs the "First, RUN. 2nd, HIDE" mentalities and everyone withing range started throwing/bowling 8lb - 16lb balls in the shooter's direction, he'd have to dodge and hop those balls. One hit from even an 8lb bowling ball has the ability to potentially take someone out, or slow/stun him enough for someone to tackle him.

The one guy who charged him with a knife; People don't stop and think of it, and most have never game theoried ahead of time, but it would've potentially been better for him to have THROWN the knife at the shooter WHILE charging to tackle him.

Even if the thrower has no experience/skill in knife throwing, that momentary distraction either from ducking/dodging the thrown knife, or being distracted from being hit by the knife (even if it doesn't hit with the point/edge), might've provided the crucial second or 2, to reach the shooter and hit him with a full body tackle. Especially without a firearm, against someone with a long gun, reaching the POS without getting shot, is a gamechanger. Having a knife in hand when you get to him, isn't as important as reaching him without getting shot.

If you can tackle a POS with a long gun, or deflect the muzzle and get into any kind of grappling engagement, someone who hasn't specifically trained against that (and just about NO ONE really trains seriously for that) will no longer have effective use of the long gun.

*** Just some considerations for folks who've never taken combatives classes, and/or taken the time to seriously consider these kinds of things.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They ought to be plenty pissed already, following the comments of their tone-deaf senator.

Deer season would just be the icing on the cake for anyone who didn't get the message.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bodies hadn't even fully cooled yet and those filthy cockholsters were already bleating about gun control. They haven't even found the guy yet ffs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He went for soft targets. I don't believe they can carry were alcohol is served.
Every time they make a law it kills someone. I could be wrong if so I apologize.  
View Quote
They can carry as long as they are not at the level of DUI.
Problem is that the sign does have the force of law in ME
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The bodies hadn't even fully cooled yet and those filthy cockholsters were already bleating about gun control. They haven't even found the guy yet ffs.
View Quote

They do that every time a mass shooting occurs. It's fucking maddening.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fog of war, don't even start speculating till a day or 3 go by.   All early reports are wrong, witnesses are never right.
View Quote
Someone should remind the media and political class.

Not that they care, being that there's an agenda to push.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I recall some schools where they were trying to teach that if an active shooter enters a classroom, cowering isn't effective. Pick up whatever you can (books/bags/furniture/whatever), and throw it at the shooter. If they're ducking/blocking, they're not firing effectively, and it opens up the possibility for someone to tackle them.

The guy who ran and hid above the pin machines said the shooter was no more than 15' away when the shooting began. In the interview, the guy absolutely looks like someone who works out. Maximum weight for a bowling ball is 16lbs. Any fit male should easily be able to throw a 16lb ball to/at a person 15' away with a basketball chest pass type throw. A bowling lane is 20 yards long. This guy had enough time to run down this 20 yard lane and climb up the pin machine.

EVERYONE who bowls, has the ability to bowl a ball. If people had the "Fight back!" mentality vs the "First, RUN. 2nd, HIDE" mentalities and everyone withing range started throwing/bowling 8lb - 16lb balls in the shooter's direction, he'd have to dodge and hop those balls. One hit from even an 8lb bowling ball has the ability to potentially take someone out, or slow/stun him enough for someone to tackle him.

The one guy who charged him with a knife; People don't stop and think of it, and most have never game theoried ahead of time, but it would've potentially been better for him to have THROWN the knife at the shooter WHILE charging to tackle him.

Even if the thrower has no experience/skill in knife throwing, that momentary distraction either from ducking/dodging the thrown knife, or being distracted from being hit by the knife (even if it doesn't hit with the point/edge), might've provided the crucial second or 2, to reach the shooter and hit him with a full body tackle. Especially without a firearm, against someone with a long gun, reaching the POS without getting shot, is a gamechanger. Having a knife in hand when you get to him, isn't as important as reaching him without getting shot.

If you can tackle a POS with a long gun, or deflect the muzzle and get into any kind of grappling engagement, someone who hasn't specifically trained against that (and just about NO ONE really trains seriously for that) will no longer have effective use of the long gun.

*** Just some considerations for folks who've never taken combatives classes, and/or taken the time to seriously consider these kinds of things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

However, the "conventional wisdom," the actual training for years now has been, "Run, Hide, Fight."  So everyone ran!  I guess none were armed.  The standing orders for armed people should be different.

Dog the Bounty Hunter was on last night and in his own way said what you are saying.  Forget the cops, send in 300 Marines!  

Run, Hide, Fight are three actions you can take; tt doesnt mean you have to run first, then hide and finally fight. You employ the appropriate technique for the situation you are in.

The Flintstones is my favorite movie too
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Here are my thoughts.

If he planned on suiciding, why dump his phone? Makes no sense. The only reason to dump the phone is to go off grid and not be tracked

Why would anybody go out in the river to blow his head off? In what world does that make any sense. I could see not doing it in his car, so someone in the family can drive the car or sell it, but where is the need to get in the water or go hike into the woods to suicide. That makes no sense.

His boat is missing, no trailer at the boat ramp. While a 15 foot boat may fit in the back of an 8 foot bed, does he have a truck? Probably, many Mainers do. Why has a truck not been mentioned. The reality is though that their are damns on both sides of that boat ramp. He would not get far without having to portage a 15 foot fiberglass boat or jet ski. Not the best plan. But where are the boats, they are both missing. Did he dump his boats so they would be found missing and deceive LE to concentrate on water. If so, why park the car between 2 dams, he could have parked it down river a bit and had a clear water passageway  to a vast amount of river, lakes, and eventually ocean. But he didn’t, knew the area but picked a part of the river between to hydro electric damns. My guess is he picked that parking lot not for the river, but because it was secluded, probably unlit, close enough to dump the car quickly and nobody would see him change vehicles.

If he blew his brains out anywhere nearby the first night , I think the FLIR on the chopper would have picked up the heat from the body the first night, unless in the water or under heavy tree cover or in a building.

He could have worn a mask to conceal his face. He didn’t. If he had concealed his face, they would have no facial ID and might still not know who it was. Is the mustache and beard fake and he pulled it off. Shaving would take time, when time is critical.  Why not cover his face, even just a Covid mask. Makes no sense.

He obviously hit, moved, hit the second location and then moved quickly away from that. Someone called in several shooting locations that ended up not being true at all, and several seen locations, which could be honest mistakes. But cops reportedly did respond to several additional shooting locations that turned out to not be true. Don’t see how that could be a mistake. Pretty hard to think there are shots fired when their isn’t. Did he do that from his phone to throw off LE?

I think he planned it out at least minimally, maybe even more so.
I think it is likely he escaped the area in a different vehicle.

All the cops have left right now to end this is to find a body. If they don’t find a body, there is a big dilemma on what to do next. Keep people locked down and things closed or open up and face the political fallout of him attacking again. They are between a rock and a hard place.

If they fuck with deer season, there are going to be a whole lot of pissed off mainers that need that food and will probably “not get the word” and hunt anyway. Good luck passing gun control after fucking up deer season. Many will hate the dems after that, even the dems.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Its the worst scenario even if someone was carrying a pistol, you would have to find cover and try to ambush the person with a rifle.  Nobody carries a rifle around for protection usually so being outgunned by someone that knows how to shoot well is a bad situation.
View Quote

Not really. A few people have already stated that they were very close to the shooter when the shots began (including the guy who ran down the bowling lane and climbed up the pin machine to hide, who stated in an interview, that the shooter was around 15' away when he began shooting. *** granted, he could've been exaggerating the nearness).

Most shooters who train/practice, can easily hit a man-sized target at 5 yards. If he had enough time to run the 20 yards down the lane, he had the time to draw and fire.

In this particular case, I didn't see any evidence of even soft armor (unlike the Buffalo shooter, whose rifle plates stopped the security guard's shots). Even one person with a gun, making a couple torso hits could've made a huge difference.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top