Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The bodies hadn't even fully cooled yet and those filthy cockholsters were already bleating about gun control. They haven't even found the guy yet ffs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Maine or even the local area tries to cancel firearm deer season or even move it back, they are going to piss off a tremendous amount of people especially with the price of meat these days.

I hope it happens, maybe Mainers  will wake the fuck up and stop electing democrats.

They ought to be plenty pissed already, following the comments of their tone-deaf senator.

Deer season would just be the icing on the cake for anyone who didn't get the message.

The bodies hadn't even fully cooled yet and those filthy cockholsters were already bleating about gun control. They haven't even found the guy yet ffs.

It's absolutely disgraceful.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Everybody runs and hides first. Even police at police stations.
View Quote

There was this young man, named Elisjsha...
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There's precedent with NickGunnar (sp?) also.

If we had such a system, I'd go in on "Wasn't really a firearm instructor", and "dead in the water/woods".

I'm starting to wonder how much of the base info is inaccurate. I would not be shocked to learn he wasn't schizo, but there was some other problems instead. I haven't seen confirmation that he was actually a firearms instructor, and wonder how that became canon in the early lore.
View Quote

At this point, I’m probably alone in my thinking but here’s my current theory.

I think something happened with his retirement package. I don’t know what but I’m pretty sure his violent outburst that led to his committal was directed at his command group. I don’t know of any command that would knowingly destroy a staff zNCOs career over trying to fight another troop.  At that point, I’m certain his retirement was out the window and he’s facing a discharge and prob not a good one.

I think this dude just lost it because his life just collapses over the span of a couple months and prob would have just ate a bullet if he wouldn’t have gotten those hearing aids and heard people talking crap about him.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
So they did recover the rifle after all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep. That's exactly how most places/people teach it; Fight, as a last resort.

I recall some schools where they were trying to teach that if an active shooter enters a classroom, cowering isn't effective. Pick up whatever you can (books/bags/furniture/whatever), and throw it at the shooter. If they're ducking/blocking, they're not firing effectively, and it opens up the possibility for someone to tackle them.
View Quote

That was evident in the Christchurch NZ shooting video. The guy was just dumping rounds in to a huge dog pile of victims who evidently thought forming a dogpile would protect them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those are like, super rare.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We have reports the shooter was hearing voices insulting him.  His family seems to think the voices contributed to him breaking.

Whether the voices were imaginary, projected by bluetooth or some other technology, or just loud whispers intentionally directed at him, someone needs to look into this.

There are currently multiple wars being fought around the globe.  We get threads saying something bad is going to happen Friday the 13th, or Friday the 20th, or within the next 96 hours.  When something bad actually does happen, why do we automatically assume it is unrelated?  Just because he doesn't fit some pre-conceived religious, ancestral or racial profile?  Just because he didn't blow himself up (in a crowded place) with a bomb?

The literature on how to identify people susceptible to manipulation and recruitment is out on the internet.  Whe should not assume adversaries in the global wars are not smart enough to find and use this information.  We like to think people halfway around the world are dumb, but how smart would it be if they figured out a way to attack us when we don't even suspect it was them that controlled the attack?

Just a reminder: Tormenting the shooter was a factor in the Parkland shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TOFaW9FgPA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm pages behind.  Do we know what kind of hearing aids he purchased?  Do they have a Bluetoioth or similar capability?  Where and when did he acquire them?  
https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/maine-shooting-suspect-robert-card-may-have-targeted-places-where-he-claimed-people-insulted-him/

Reports say he heard voices while using hearing aids.  Isn't that the primary purpose of hearing aids - to hear voices?  
We have reports the shooter was hearing voices insulting him.  His family seems to think the voices contributed to him breaking.

Whether the voices were imaginary, projected by bluetooth or some other technology, or just loud whispers intentionally directed at him, someone needs to look into this.

There are currently multiple wars being fought around the globe.  We get threads saying something bad is going to happen Friday the 13th, or Friday the 20th, or within the next 96 hours.  When something bad actually does happen, why do we automatically assume it is unrelated?  Just because he doesn't fit some pre-conceived religious, ancestral or racial profile?  Just because he didn't blow himself up (in a crowded place) with a bomb?

The literature on how to identify people susceptible to manipulation and recruitment is out on the internet.  Whe should not assume adversaries in the global wars are not smart enough to find and use this information.  We like to think people halfway around the world are dumb, but how smart would it be if they figured out a way to attack us when we don't even suspect it was them that controlled the attack?

Just a reminder: Tormenting the shooter was a factor in the Parkland shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TOFaW9FgPA

I thought I read something about the family stating that they confirmed that the derogatory statements RC claimed he heard people making, were never made.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

At this point, I'm probably alone in my thinking but here's my current theory.

I think something happened with his retirement package. I don't know what but I'm pretty sure his violent outburst that led to his committal was directed at his command group. I don't know of any command that would knowingly destroy a staff zNCOs career over trying to fight another troop.  At that point, I'm certain his retirement was out the window and he's facing a discharge and prob not a good one.

I think this dude just lost it because his life just collapses over the span of a couple months and prob would have just ate a bullet if he wouldn't have gotten those hearing aids and heard people talking crap about him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we had such a system, I'd go in on "Wasn't really a firearm instructor", and "dead in the water/woods".

I'm starting to wonder how much of the base info is inaccurate. I would not be shocked to learn he wasn't schizo, but there was some other problems instead. I haven't seen confirmation that he was actually a firearms instructor, and wonder how that became canon in the early lore.

I think something happened with his retirement package. I don't know what but I'm pretty sure his violent outburst that led to his committal was directed at his command group. I don't know of any command that would knowingly destroy a staff zNCOs career over trying to fight another troop.  At that point, I'm certain his retirement was out the window and he's facing a discharge and prob not a good one.

I think this dude just lost it because his life just collapses over the span of a couple months and prob would have just ate a bullet if he wouldn't have gotten those hearing aids and heard people talking crap about him.
So more "Falling Down" than "Fight Club", which is a pretty reasonable guess given what we've been told about recent events in his personal life.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or he left a note to throw them off on purpose.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wondered this as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I thought I read something about the family stating that they confirmed that the derogatory statements RC claimed he heard people making, were never made.
View Quote

The family went so far as to have people tell him they had not been talking about him
See the SILs two interviews
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not expecting to be alive and planning on suicide are 2 entirely different things.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Could he be in another country by now? Enough time to drive to Texas and cross the border, enough time to get to Florida and sail somewhere?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those grainy bigfoot AR pictures from the start did not look like a 308 to me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're nuts if you think I'm disregarding that screen name
View Quote

This!

Originally Posted By @Ike838:
https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/height/675/https://media.salon.com/2013/02/car_shot.jpg

That is a lot of hate directed at that Tacoma.  I find interesting that the picture shows both entrance and exit damage from the shots. Did he circle  it while he was shooting it up?
View Quote

There were two kindle aged women in that truck. They were out delivering newspapers or something. Fucking keystone cops out in LA hopped out and started blasting. I don't think either women were hit, do that's a plus.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Could he be in another country by now? Enough time to drive to Texas and cross the border, enough time to get to Florida and sail somewhere?
View Quote

Or sitting in a pre-made prepped fighting position going “huh. They haven’t found me. Now what?”.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, looked like an AR-15 carbine.  and even 7.62x39 AR-15 would be too niche geeky.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Local radio news said he bought a $2000 thermal scope recently.  

Sounds like he had some sort of plans.
View Quote

$2k? LOL

So he'll have the resoluton to see worth a shit under 50yds? lol
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Press conference starting in a few minutes:

Maine police provide updates on mass shooting suspect

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is probably dead but I guess anything is possible.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here are my thoughts.

(snip)

If they fuck with deer season, there are going to be a whole lot of pissed off mainers that need that food and will probably “not get the word” and hunt anyway. Good luck passing gun control after fucking up deer season. Many will hate the dems after that, even the dems.
View Quote

Absolutely agree. For quite a few of those hunters, we're talking about their food supply. There will be hunting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SFAR or POF, or similar design if it's a 308 IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Am I alone but is he wearing a brown uniform fleece jacket? I swear I’ve got one somewhere here in a box that I never wore because they issued new ones with Velcro on them right after I got it.

Second question: What’s the chance of a fueler having a set of coveralls that he wore while working? Our Techs have them but not sure about M-day and no clue about how fuelers operate.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Saint Victor 308 would fit also.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Betting he's within <10miles of the scenes dead in the water.

That's what the last news conference pointed to it being
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm a large semi-muscular man and I don't think I could start hucking bowling balls for distance and accuracy.  Bowling pins maybe...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, harden up and maybe go guard a Walmart or something, anything other than posting stupid, insulting nonsense in this thread.
Yeah, I'm a large semi-muscular man and I don't think I could start hucking bowling balls for distance and accuracy.  Bowling pins maybe...

Another thing to consider (that most non-bowlers don't even think of);

When a non-bowler considers how far they can throw an 8lb - 16lb ball that's ~8.6" in diameter, they're thinking of their ability to throw a baseball, basketball or football overhand, and a few might be thinking of a shot put style throw, when considering the weight.

Folks who've been bowling a loooong time OTOH (started in the 70s. Last competition was early 90s), have seen things like this, in person, and have a better idea of how far bowlers could potentially chuck bowling balls, if they chose to

Bowler hits the roof with bowling ball! 2016

Woman Smashes Bowling Ball Through Ceiling

The Most Hilarious Bowling Fails You’ll Ever See

You can find plenty more Shorts on YT (no idea how to post those).

Yes, even the women could chuck bowling balls a lot further than you'd think if they thought of it, and/or wanted to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, it is CNN and they pulled that out of their over used anus.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be Pmag 25 rounders then
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

yeah, looked like an AR-15 carbine.  and even 7.62x39 AR-15 would be too niche geeky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The 7.62x39 AR mags look like B rate movie props with that curve to them.

Quoted:

The mags dont look fatty fat fat like 308 mags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#31]
They are showing photos of the victims.

Lots of men, that probably mirror many of us.

Shit pisses me off.  They had to have been cut down because many of these guys could have overpowered the gunman if they were on even footing.

RIP.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

So that's like 100 square mile area  give or take
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Betting he's within <10miles of the scenes dead in the water.

That's what the last news conference pointed to it being
View Quote

What are they using for evidence that points to that?

So the news conference is pointing to they think he swims with the fishes in the river, but they just banned hunting in 4 towns.

That is going to be be really popular.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/height/675/https://media.salon.com/2013/02/car_shot.jpg

That is a lot of hate directed at that Tacoma.  I find interesting that the picture shows both entrance and exit damage from the shots. Did he circle  it while he was shooting it up?
View Quote

Isn't That the Tacoma that the LA PD lit up thinking that the Dormer Guy (Ex Cop who went nuts & killer) was in.  

Turned out LAPD shot the shit out of newspaper route folks - they didn't die & got a significant settlement.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm imagining the backlash from cancelling deer hunting.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Has the type of firearm he left in the Subaru been disclosed?

If it's not the rifle, I'd say he's still alive.

If it was the rifle, he's probably fish food.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So that's like 100 square mile area  give or take
View Quote

If you own property there for hunting, you pay a lot to hunt a short season.

It's a huge deal to screw over those land owners
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Be sure not to miss the live pressers that the ME dept of safety is giving throughout the day, the lady doing the signing is a hoot!
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Plainclothes cops were at the range close by the bowling alley and responded about 1.5mins after the dispatch radio call went out... Damn.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you own property there for hunting, you pay a lot to hunt a short season.

It's a huge deal to screw over those land owners
View Quote

Not disagreeing just making an observation .

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Plainclothes cops were at the range close by the bowling alley and responded about 1.5mins after the dispatch radio call went out... Damn.
View Quote

Just heard this.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

All they said is that it is a .308 AR-15 of the same type and caliber as what was used in the shootings.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

The rifle found in the Subaru apparently matches the .308 AR he bought earlier in the year.

Those blurry pics didn't make me immediately think, "Hey, that mag is NOT 5.56" though. Don't know if he had more than one rifle.

Don't know if they ever mentioned/confirmed what caliber casings were on scene.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So more "Falling Down" than "Fight Club", which is a pretty reasonable guess given what we've been told about recent events in his personal life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense to me. The details of his employment/retirement package will be informative.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This!

There were two kindle aged women in that truck. They were out delivering newspapers or something. Fucking keystone cops out in LA hopped out and started blasting. I don't think either women were hit, do that's a plus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!

What's pretty fucking damning about that is the fact that police were looking for a large black man.  Singular.  Yet they attempted to make kill shots on the driver AND the passenger in that vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

All they said is that it is a .308 AR-15 of the same type and caliber as what was used in the shootings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#48]
What’s the most sensible explanation for him abandoning his rifle?  

Seems like he’d want it to either off himself or fight the authorities. Maybe a different gun chosen for suicide?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What's pretty fucking damning about that is the fact that police were looking for a large black man.  Singular.  Yet they attempted to make kill shots on the driver AND the passenger in that vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!

Could've sworn it was also supposed to be a white vehicle vs shooting the crap out of a very blue truck.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Absolutely agree. For quite a few of those hunters, we're talking about their food supply. There will be hunting.
View Quote

You don’t know backwoods Maine. If people are hungry, they will and do poach meat as needed.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top