BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It even has a watermark.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
DOUBLETAP
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s an old people thing.

We had a Lear 45 that needed paint 2 years ago and they took the rather modern and nice paint job and changed it to 80’s straight lines and terribly boring tail numbers. All the colors suck and the design is amateur looking.

All of this was because they wanted it to look like our past (and older) planes with similar terrible paint jobs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Was TWA '2nd tier"?

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
Came here to post that the new AF1 livery looks like the TWA one.

Needs that gold cheat line.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Trump will likely never even use the new plane.  It is not scheduled for delivery until 2024.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Trump will likely never even use the new plane.  It is not scheduled for delivery until 2024.
View Quote
Not if he wins a third term.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The important improvement is all the crap they hopefully upgraded inside.  These planes are from the late 80s and rarely get lengthy overhauls.
View Quote
8000 and 9000 get lengthy overhauls every 18 months or so and have been getting them since they were put into service.  Work used to be done at Wichita now its down at San Antonio.

The PAG needs to get away from maintaining everything like a "flying museum" and keep things modern.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks okay to me, but I'm not picky.
I WOULD like to know the engine specs., which are classified information.
After 9-11,  Air Force One was said to have climbed like a Rocket after take off.
Versus the civilian model.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
After 9-11,  Air Force One was said to have climbed like a Rocket after take off.
View Quote
Its a 747-200 with 400 engines. Not classified, and it’s handed out with fact sheets during tours regularly. Tens of thousands of those floating around
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its a 747-200 with 400 engines. Not classified, and it’s handed out with fact sheets during tours regularly. Tens of thousands of those floating around
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have read that they are highly modified for more power.
?????
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not a fan.... I like the current paintjob. It is timeless, world recognizable, and the National Seals clearly sticks out and is clearly visible.

Trump's paintjob looks like a nationalized commercial airliner. The current paintjob looks clearly like something that belongs to the USAF.
View Quote
The current livery is based off Jackie O's design for AF1. Robins Egg Blue and blue pastel paints are straight up early 1960's designs that we shouldn't be using.  The PAG has stuck with it across multiple iterations of AF1's because of tradition.  Just because that's how something has always been done doesn't mean it has to always be that way.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I like it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
?????
I would be shocked to learn that was actually the case.  Its performance is more likely a factor of it usually flying rather short hops for a 747 and thus is a lot lower on fuel than most of its compatriots are.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Add hard points under the wing and call it good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would be shocked to learn that was actually the case.  Its performance is more likely a factor of it usually flying rather short hops for a 747 and thus is a lot lower on fuel than most of its compatriots are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
?????
I would think durability and reliability are more important than raw power in this situation.  Plus, I think the AF1 configuration is much lighter than any freighter or commuter jet, so they have a really good thrust to weight ratio.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I would have preferred an evolution of the current design; darker blues and the addition of red (like replacing that central white length section with red)
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like it better than the baby blue it is now.

ETA: that whole reverse flag because you are advancing and never retreating is some of the dumbest shit ever conceived by the hand of man.
View Quote
Saw a dude yesterday walking to his depressing cubicle wearing a brand-new, super tactical backpack with the Velcro on the back and one of those backward flags stuck squarely on the back of the pack.
Bit my tongue.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I dig it! Never been a fan of the baby blue.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Air Superiority Grey (that's a real thing) would send that unmistakable "we're here to party, but have no qualms about fucking up your little shithole" message.

Kind of like a reverse mullet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why not keep the top, and replace the baby blue bottom with red?  The layout has become sort of iconic, but the colors could use a tweak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why not keep the top, and replace the baby blue bottom with red?  The layout has become sort of iconic, but the colors could use a tweak.
You do realize I was only joking about that kind of troll earlier, right?

AF1 should not look like a Russian flag.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I like it.  Simple, classy.  Honestly, it's a lot better than I thought he'd do considering how much I hate his residence in NY.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Great!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
President Trump revealed the new proposed paint scheme to be used on the new Air Force One 747-800s.

I think it looks like a 2nd tier airline.  What do you guys think?
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/06/AP_19171608501985-1024x615.jpg
Was TWA '2nd tier"?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215624/0631579_jpg-1273569.JPG
Well they went bankrupt so...
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#25]
That is sweet looking.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The current livery is based off Jackie O's design for AF1. Robins Egg Blue and blue pastel paints are straight up early 1960's designs that we shouldn't be using.  The PAG has stuck with it across multiple iterations of AF1's because of tradition.  Just because that's how something has always been done doesn't mean it has to always be that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a fan.... I like the current paintjob. It is timeless, world recognizable, and the National Seals clearly sticks out and is clearly visible.

Trump's paintjob looks like a nationalized commercial airliner. The current paintjob looks clearly like something that belongs to the USAF.
We should repaint the (Red) White (and Blue) House.

Shit’s old and boring.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I like it, but would rather the bottom be in a dark navy blue...should be red white and blue in some form...not digging the black underside.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like it and love it even more because libs crying it looks like Trump's plane scheme
I never was a fan of the sissy sky blue.
I know they say it's supposed to be harder to see but is that actually true or even valid in todays high tech world
View Quote
This.  The previous scheme was yawn-inducing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't worry, gents and gals.

When Mayor Pete becomes Pres, he'll have the tail repainted with the rainbow flag.
View Quote
Not worried, because it will never happen.

ETA: needs this painted on the tail:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Are they taking applications for door gunner yet?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Came to post the same thing but with a Bald Eagle on the front  
View Quote
Maybe something like this painted  on the nose so it's what is seen from head-on?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Classy and timeless, looks like a Rolex.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Noice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#35]
oops
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Needs a shark mouth on the nose. Maybe a Melania pin up also.
View Quote
sorry - last post oops

here's my take... I agree with this post
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I second shark teeth and Melanie pinup.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it's not.... Raymond Loewy designed the paint job!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Tradition is exactly why we should be using it. I know she designed it during the 60s. That's what makes it look timeless.

Tradition is something we keep forgetting.
View Quote
Then we should go to a buffed aluminum if tradition is a driving factor.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pence-Trump 2024.  Pence resigns.  President Trump appoints Pence VP.  Moar WINNING!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Needs a shark mouth on the nose. Maybe a Melania pin up also.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#44]
I like it but I also like the present scheme.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top