BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Me too. I got my preorder in at the end of April. I'm glad that the Steam date hasn't slipped to the 12th.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish that guy would hurry up and get back from his food break...   but I guess it's good that he's not trying to eat while broadcasting live.  While playing the ARMA 2 DayZ mod a few years back I was in a TS channel with about a dozen people when I forgot to mute my mic as I took a bite of a nacho chip...  the 'CRUNCH' sounded exactly like your leg bone breaking and there was a lot of sudden cursing in channel before everyone figured out what happened!!

Reading around and checking my Steam pre-order it looks like it will release on Aug 9 in the US for PC, rather than the 12th.    

Yep, got my preorder in and can't wait.

Me too. I got my preorder in at the end of April. I'm glad that the Steam date hasn't slipped to the 12th.

Ya I think the "delay" shit was either
a) the devs are awful at communicating or hiring somebody that can
b) sony has been in charge of all marketing for some time, I doubt they give a shit about the pc user base throwing a fit
c) just worded horribly, 12th is global release and they didn't specify regional releases for the US and UK, etc.

Either way, devs are not social butterflies.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Stream is live again!

For the TL;DW crowd...   he found dinosaurs!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New, currently active livestream Link Nuked

ETA

Active live stream from Hitbox that shouldn't be taken down Link

Stream is live again!

How big were they?   I have yet to see any truly big creatures on the streams yet.

Cant wait until next week
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How big were they?   I have yet to see any truly big creatures on the streams yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

20+ feet tall.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been looking forward to this since it was announced.   Been watching the leaked videos (tons of people have the game now) and the outrage and trolling going on in game forums is hilarious.   People are melting down over this game.

there are a few things that I'm disappointed about, but overall the game still looks fun as hell
View Quote

Sums up my feelings as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Cool. Sounds like a modern version of Starflight. I loved Starflight.
View Quote

Great comparison!  Yes, I think No Man's Sky will be similar...   space exploration, trade, combat, discovery etc.   Sort of in the Star Control 2 genre as well.

BTW, Starflight 1 & 2 are both available on GOG.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:01:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be getting it...just not on launch. Maybe a few weeks
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:58:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll be getting it...just not on launch. Maybe a few weeks
View Quote

I mean... no rush, pretty sure there will still be plenty of planets haha. I'm grabbing it release day though since the wife is out of town until october so I have to get all my game time in by then.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish this game was coming to Xbox One.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Although critical of the game's replay-ability content, I went ahead and pre-ordered through GameStop to lock-in the extra 10,000 units, Rezosu Z65 multi-tool, and Alpha Vector ship.

I was equally critical of Overwatch's replay-ability, but it ended up being one of my favorite games. Here's to hoping this one is worth it (plus I had an extra $25 reward certificate so the game's only costing me $35).
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Hope none of you took PTO to play the game on the 9th on PC...

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/761694858562207744

Absolutely no doubt this is Sony pulling it's weight saying clearly that PS4 will get it 3 days ahead.  

It's a marketing ploy, to try to get people to buy it on the PS4 so they don't have to wait.

Kind of a shitty dick move considering it is 3 days out, and he didn't say a damn word about it until a couple hours ago.  How are people going to change their PTO for this now?

I don't have that problem, but if you read Reddit, a lot of people took time off and are now fairly screwed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Absolutely no doubt this is Sony pulling it's weight saying clearly that PS4 will get it 3 days ahead.  

It's a marketing ploy, to try to get people to buy it on the PS4 so they don't have to wait.

Kind of a shitty dick move considering it is 3 days out, and he didn't say a damn word about it until a couple hours ago.  How are people going to change their PTO for this now?

I don't have that problem, but if you read Reddit, a lot of people took time off and are now fairly screwed.
View Quote

I've been dying to play this game but there is no way I'd take a PTO for a video game, any video game. Adult responsibilities and all.

It does suck having to wait three more days though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:54:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've been dying to play this game but there is no way I'd take a PTO for a video game, any video game. Adult responsibilities and all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lot of people do take PTO for games they have been expecting for a while.  Most don't have kids tho .

That being said, it's still a dick move.  Been wanting to play so bad.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:51:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Reading up on current news via Reddit and here's some of the latest:

1. PC is delayed until the 12th (already mentioned above).
2. There will be a big update with bug fixes and new content right before the servers go live, so expect some things to be different from the videos of leaked copy streams.
3. Servers are being wiped with the update before the game is officially launched, so everyone who played early will have to start over and all discoveries are erased.
4. Lots of bans and crackdowns being handed out for people streaming leaked copies. The ban on leaking stuff ends 9pm PST on the 8th.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lot of people do take PTO for games they have been expecting for a while.  Most don't have kids tho .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's Sony too. That said the dev's excuse was because they're adding 21;9 support. Doesn't affect me, but makes me wonder why it was missing in a game like this in the first place. Especially since, if I recall correctly, development began on pc originally. I don't have any confidence in the game at this point. If it's at redbox I'll rent it on release day and if it doesn't live up to expectations I won't be picking it up on PC. If it does, and I grab it for PC and it isn't perfect it'll be a steam refund for me. This is a couple big delays now, don't want to give them money.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually a LOT of modern games don't have native 21:9 support. And most that claim to have it really just have a dynamic resolution with either a stretched, zoomed & cropped or otherwise wonky UI that was designed for a fixed 16:9 aspect ratio.

But as a 21:9 player myself I also agree that using it as excuse for a delay is just that, an excuse. They could have patched the game post release for the, what, 5% of players using a 21:9 monitor? I'm used to modern games not natively supporting 21:9, so it is no real skin off my nose if a game comes out and doesn't support it. I can still play the game, just with black letterbox bars on the sides.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Actually a LOT of modern games don't have native 21:9 support. And most that claim to have it really just have a dynamic resolution with either a stretched, zoomed & cropped or otherwise wonky UI that was designed for a fixed 16:9 aspect ratio.

But as a 21:9 player myself I also agree that using it as excuse for a delay is just that, an excuse. They could have patched the game post release for the, what, 5% of players using a 21:9 monitor? I'm used to modern games not natively supporting 21:9, so it is no real skin off my nose if a game comes out and doesn't support it. I can still play the game, just with black letterbox bars on the sides.
View Quote

Yup, I mean, overwatch didn't (still technically doesn't I guess). I absolutely think if it was just 21:9 support missing they would have patched it in. The way I'm looking at it though is if I were to preorder whatever new car is coming out that everybody wants:
*plunk money down for new car months ahead*
*go to dealership to pick it up"
"hey man is my car going to be ready in a couple weeks?"
"We have to stay tight lipped, but don't worry, it's in your best interest"
"Ok, that sounds weird but whatever man"
*Come to check car out 4 days out"
"Sorry sir, we um, have to push your delivery date back a few days..."
"Why?"
"Oh, um, we need an extra 3 days to put the floor mats in"
"That's weird, shouldn't those have been in there already?"
"We can't tell you, it's for the best driver experience"
"Ok, well then why is it still on the lift and why haven't any review cars been seen yet?"
"Oh, well we just want the best driver experience possible, we can't have it reviewed this far out yet either because we want it to be a surprise"

I mean, if this were Ubi more people would be flipping the hell out because they know a buggy release is to follow. It's a small indie studio putting out a game of huge scale and many promises yet people are totally cool with it and expecting a flawless game...
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#18]
This is Sony, thats all there is to it.  Hell, if it were up to Sony this would be a PS4 exclusive.  They are advertising it as "Get it Tuesday, August 9th, Only on PS4!"

Fuck Sony lol.

This is definitely something that could have been in the day 1 patch.  It's an excuse, and they can't just come out and say Oh, BTW, our Sony Overlords told us to delay your PC release.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is Sony, thats all there is to it.  Hell, if it were up to Sony this would be a PS4 exclusive.  They are advertising it as "Get it Tuesday, August 9th, Only on PS4!"

Fuck Sony lol.

This is definitely something that could have been in the day 1 patch.  It's an excuse, and they can't just come out and say Oh, BTW, our Sony Overlords told us to delay your PC release.
View Quote

Shhhh, whatever you do don't say that in the subreddit. The only explanation the fanboys will accept is that sony tricked poor sean murray and he fought the good fight. Worse yet there are many that actually buy the 21:9 excuse and are writing thank you letters. Can't make that up. I'll redbox it to see if it's trash on ps4, if it isn't I'll buy it on ps4 on sale later since the wife wants it too and doesn't wanna share (I guess I'm lucky she likes games, sucks to buy 2 copies though). If it isn't awful I'm grabbing the steam version for me and if it isn't 100% quality I'd expect from a game delayed this much it's getting refunded. These guys reaaallllyyy gave the whole PC community a nice big "FUCK YOU".
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Shhhh, whatever you do don't say that in the subreddit. The only explanation the fanboys will accept is that sony tricked poor sean murray and he fought the good fight. Worse yet there are many that actually buy the 21:9 excuse and are writing thank you letters. Can't make that up. I'll redbox it to see if it's trash on ps4, if it isn't I'll buy it on ps4 on sale later since the wife wants it too and doesn't wanna share (I guess I'm lucky she likes games, sucks to buy 2 copies though). If it isn't awful I'm grabbing the steam version for me and if it isn't 100% quality I'd expect from a game delayed this much it's getting refunded. These guys reaaallllyyy gave the whole PC community a nice big "FUCK YOU".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Sony lol.

The game looks amazing, so I am definitely getting it.  Just wish he'd fuck off with the delays.  I Was counting down, 3 more days...2 more days...now 5 more days.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I pre ordered it off steam, and its not showing up in my game library.  Anyone deal with this before? This is my first time pre ordering from steam.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I pre ordered it off steam, and its not showing up in my game library.  Anyone deal with this before? This is my first time pre ordering from steam.
View Quote

Shows instantly.  Either payment didnt go through yet, or its bugged, contact support.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Shows instantly.  Either payment didnt go through yet, or its bugged, contact support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I sent in a ticket.  When I go through the steam website and click on the game it says already in your library.  But when I open steam the only game I have there is DayZ.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks, I sent in a ticket.  When I go through the steam website and click on the game it says already in your library.  But when I open steam the only game I have there is DayZ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never mind, I logged out and back into my steam account, and now its there.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Never mind, I logged out and back into my steam account, and now its there.  Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't remember where it's at but sometimes you need to update licenses and it will pull everything you own to make sure the library is up to date.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Fuck Sony lol.

View Quote

As a proud member of the PC master race I should be mad, but when I found out PS+ was not needed to upload discoveries I decided to buy it for the PS4 instead.I'm too cheap to pay the $50 a year to play online when I can do that for free on a PC. My friends are all getting it for the PS4 as none of them have gaming rigs.  I understand it may very well be impossible to ever find your friends in game but none the less we may try.

Also stay away from my planets. You will know they are mine as they will all be called "Bonerland".
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#27]
PSN preload is live.

3.675 GB
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#29]

And that's why I'm waiting on reviews.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Day 1 patch notes are out.
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Im really liking some of these.  Increase carrying capacity and will be implementing base building.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Im really liking some of these.  Increase carrying capacity and will be implementing base building.
View Quote

The carrying capacity is the exciting part to me, inventory management looked extremely tedious from low capacity in all the streams.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The carrying capacity is the exciting part to me, inventory management looked extremely tedious from low capacity in all the streams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  That and having to open up your inventory and manually reload your weapon or shield looks frustrating too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Agreed.  That and having to open up your inventory and manually reload your weapon or shield looks frustrating too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, that looked infuriating, seems like they're on top of it. Looks like they addressed PS4 performance, not sure if I want to grab it on ps4 first in that case since it's looking like PC could actually be the weaker of the two at this point...
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup, that looked infuriating, seems like they're on top of it. Looks like they addressed PS4 performance, not sure if I want to grab it on ps4 first in that case since it's looking like PC could actually be the weaker of the two at this point...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im on XBone so I dont really have a choice.  I just hope my Laptop can play it decent enough.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Im on XBone so I dont really have a choice.  I just hope my Laptop can play it decent enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if the PS4 can do it a laptop should be ok, the minimum specs were an NVidia 4xx series (and whatever the amd equivalent is) with an i3 if I remember.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Patch is 800 MB.

You can feed animals and they'll poop resources? Sold!

Also, the final part was interesting:

Next up we’re adding the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters.
View Quote

Sounds cool

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Patch is 800 MB.

Sounds cool

http://i.imgur.com/lRYumAM.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Patch is 800 MB.

Sounds cool

Their PR is awful, and the delays have sucked, but I'll give credit where it's due. They seem very passionate about their work and they're adding things they didn't intend to originally. I remember the community brought up base building and the freighter idea and they said they never intended to and would MAYBE do it down the line, so having a community requested feature on short notice in the next planned update is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Patch is 800 MB.

Sounds cool

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Patch is 800 MB.

Sounds cool

Just read about this myself.  Here is the link to the info.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/news/
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I like the idea, but am definitely waiting so I don't get another Peter Molyneux experience. From the vids I've seen, it looks a little too indie for me, and unpolished.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like the idea, but am definitely waiting so I don't get another Peter Molyneux experience. From the vids I've seen, it looks a little too indie for me, and unpolished.
View Quote

Godus was pre-steam refund and I should of put those funds towards something else.  Live and learn from small studios with delays and funding "issues".
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I have it pre-ordered for PS4.

Looks awesome. We will see.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Godus was pre-steam refund and I should of put those funds towards something else.  Live and learn from small studios with delays and funding "issues".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kentucky Route Zero

Starforge

Starmade

And many more.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Day 1 Patch notes.  This game is going to be amazing.

Link

Beware these notes contain some spoilers. Here are some things our little team has been up to over the last four or five weeks:

The Three Paths – there are now new, unique “paths” you can follow throughout the game. You must start the game on a fresh save, with the patch, as early choices have significant impact on what you see later in the game, and the overall experience.

The Universe – we changed the rules of the universe generation algorithm. Planets have moved. Environments have changed biomes. Galaxies have altered shape. All to create greater variety earlier. Galaxies are now up to 10x larger.

Diversity – Creatures are now more diverse in terms of ecology and densities on planets.

Planets – we’ve added dead moons, low atmosphere and extreme hazardous planets. Extreme hazards include blizzards and dust storms.

Atmosphere – space, night time and day skies are now 4x more varied due to new atmospheric system, which refracts light more accurately to allow for more intense sunsets.

Planet rotation – play testing has made it obvious people are struggling to adjust to this during play so it’s effects have been reduced further…

Terrain generation – caves up to 128m tall are now possible. Geometric anomalies have been added. Underwater erosion now leads to more interesting sea beds.

Ship diversity – a wider variety of ships appear per star system, and are available to purchase. Cargo and installed technology now vary more, and ships have more unique attributes.

Inventory – ship inventories now store 5 times more resources per slot. Suit inventories now store 2.5 times more per slot. This encourages exploration and gives freedom from the beginning. We’re probably going to increase this even further in the next update, for people in the latter game phases, and will allow greater trading potential.

Trading – trading is deeper. Star systems and planets each have their own wants and needs, based off a galactic economy. Observing these is the key to successful trading. We still working on adjusting this based on how everyone plays, but all trading values have been rebalanced across the galaxy, giving a greater depth. A bunch of trade exploits were uncovered and have been removed

Feeding – creatures now have their own diet, based on planet and climate. Feeding them correctly will yield different results per species, such as mining for you, protecting the player, becoming pets, alerting you to rare loot or pooping valuable resources.

Survival – recharging hazard protection requires rare resources, making shielding shards useful again. Storms can be deadly. Hazard protection and suit upgrades have been added. Liquids are often more dangerous

Graphical effects – Lighting and texture resolution have been improved. Shadow quality has doubled. Temporal AA didn’t make it in time, but it’s so close

Balancing – several hundred upgrades have had stat changes (mainly exo-suit and ship, but also weapon), new upgrades have been added.

Combat – Auto Aim and weapon aim has been completely rewritten to feel more gentle in general, but stickier when you need it. Sentinels now alert each other, if they haven’t been dealt with quickly. Quad and Walker AI is now much more challenging, even I struggle with them without a powered up weapon.

Space Combat – advanced techniques have been introduced, like brake drifting and critical hits. Bounty missions and larger battles now occur. Pirate frequency has been increased, as well as difficulty depending on your cargo.

Exploits – infinite warp cell exploit and rare goods trading exploit among other removed. People using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves, but people are weird and can’t stop themselves ¯\_(?)_/¯

Stability – foundations for buildings on super large planets. Resolved several low repro crashes, in particular when player warped further than 256 light years in one session (was only possible due to warp cell exploit above).

Space Stations – interiors are now more varied, bars, trade rooms and hydroponic labs have been added

Networking – Ability to scan star systems other players have discovered on the Galactic Map, increasing the chance of collision. Star systems discovered by other players appear during Galactic Map flight

Ship scanning – scanning for points of interest from your ship is now possible. Buildings generate earlier and show up in ship scans

Flying over terrain – pop-in and shadow artefacts have been reduced. Generation speed has been increased two fold (planets with large bodies of water will be targeted in next update)

Writing – The Atlas path has been rewritten by James Swallow (writer on Deus Ex) and me.  I think it speaks to the over-arching theme of player freedom more clearly now. Early mission text has been rewritten to allow for multiple endings.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:48:37 AM EDT
[#44]
The whole idea of 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets and maybe 10,000,000 players seems kinda stupid.

I'll wait for reviews 2 weeks out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The whole idea of 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets and maybe 10,000,000 players seems kinda stupid.

I'll wait for reviews 2 weeks out.
View Quote

I can't believe I have to post this every page... IT'S A SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Yes, you can THEORETICALLY run into other people and that's the whole point. It's an exploration game centered around your own personal experience, not somebody else's, not PvP, not trading with people, not a MMO aspects. Don't want to be a dick but this is brought up on every page of every thread on every forum on the internet and it is the absolute equivalent of saying battlefield sucks because it isn't more like assassin's creed. I'm pretty pissed the game is delayed for pc, so I don't have a whole lot of love for the devs right now, I'm not defending the game, but the fanboys that blindly defend it and the people that hate it are on the same page because neither look at what the devs say the game is and take it at face value.

edit: Just to reiterate, everybody has an opinion and that's cool. It isn't going to be a game for everybody just like people prefer battlefield to call of duty to counterstrike etc. But "this looks stupid because I said so and can't use google" is the same as running into GD and starting the weekly "plastic pistols suck because I said so and praise be to JMB".
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:11:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link

Beware these notes contain some spoilers. Here are some things our little team has been up to over the last four or five weeks:
The Three Paths – there are now new, unique "paths” you can follow throughout the game. You must start the game on a fresh save, with the patch, as early choices have significant impact on what you see later in the game, and the overall experience.

The Universe – we changed the rules of the universe generation algorithm. Planets have moved. Environments have changed biomes. Galaxies have altered shape. All to create greater variety earlier. Galaxies are now up to 10x larger.

Diversity – Creatures are now more diverse in terms of ecology and densities on planets.

Planets – we’ve added dead moons, low atmosphere and extreme hazardous planets. Extreme hazards include blizzards and dust storms.

Atmosphere – space, night time and day skies are now 4x more varied due to new atmospheric system, which refracts light more accurately to allow for more intense sunsets.

Planet rotation – play testing has made it obvious people are struggling to adjust to this during play so it’s effects have been reduced further…

Terrain generation – caves up to 128m tall are now possible. Geometric anomalies have been added. Underwater erosion now leads to more interesting sea beds.

Ship diversity – a wider variety of ships appear per star system, and are available to purchase. Cargo and installed technology now vary more, and ships have more unique attributes.

Inventory – ship inventories now store 5 times more resources per slot. Suit inventories now store 2.5 times more per slot. This encourages exploration and gives freedom from the beginning. We’re probably going to increase this even further in the next update, for people in the latter game phases, and will allow greater trading potential.

Trading – trading is deeper. Star systems and planets each have their own wants and needs, based off a galactic economy. Observing these is the key to successful trading. We still working on adjusting this based on how everyone plays, but all trading values have been rebalanced across the galaxy, giving a greater depth. A bunch of trade exploits were uncovered and have been removed

Feeding – creatures now have their own diet, based on planet and climate. Feeding them correctly will yield different results per species, such as mining for you, protecting the player, becoming pets, alerting you to rare loot or pooping valuable resources.

Survival – recharging hazard protection requires rare resources, making shielding shards useful again. Storms can be deadly. Hazard protection and suit upgrades have been added. Liquids are often more dangerous

Graphical effects – Lighting and texture resolution have been improved. Shadow quality has doubled. Temporal AA didn’t make it in time, but it’s so close

Balancing – several hundred upgrades have had stat changes (mainly exo-suit and ship, but also weapon), new upgrades have been added.

Combat – Auto Aim and weapon aim has been completely rewritten to feel more gentle in general, but stickier when you need it. Sentinels now alert each other, if they haven’t been dealt with quickly. Quad and Walker AI is now much more challenging, even I struggle with them without a powered up weapon.

Space Combat – advanced techniques have been introduced, like brake drifting and critical hits. Bounty missions and larger battles now occur. Pirate frequency has been increased, as well as difficulty depending on your cargo.

Exploits – infinite warp cell exploit and rare goods trading exploit among other removed. People using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves, but people are weird and can’t stop themselves ¯\_(?)_/¯

Stability – foundations for buildings on super large planets. Resolved several low repro crashes, in particular when player warped further than 256 light years in one session (was only possible due to warp cell exploit above).

Space Stations – interiors are now more varied, bars, trade rooms and hydroponic labs have been added

Networking – Ability to scan star systems other players have discovered on the Galactic Map, increasing the chance of collision. Star systems discovered by other players appear during Galactic Map flight

Ship scanning – scanning for points of interest from your ship is now possible. Buildings generate earlier and show up in ship scans

Flying over terrain – pop-in and shadow artefacts have been reduced. Generation speed has been increased two fold (planets with large bodies of water will be targeted in next update)

Writing – The Atlas path has been rewritten by James Swallow (writer on Deus Ex) and me.  I think it speaks to the over-arching theme of player freedom more clearly now. Early mission text has been rewritten to allow for multiple endings.

Gee, funny that someone didn't see this coming

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

The Three Paths – there are now new, unique "paths” you can follow throughout the game. You must start the game on a fresh save, with the patch, as early choices have significant impact on what you see later in the game, and the overall experience.

I didn't. I was expecting a somewhat buggy release with a meh day 1 patch. Pretty decent amount of work since going gold, especially for a 12 or 15 man team or whatever they have. Guess we'll find out tonight if it lives up or not. It does seem as though this is stuff that should have been in the final version anyways. I'm thinking they probably went gold to get sony to stfu and then went on a lot of all nighters to get this stuff in.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I didn't. I was expecting a somewhat buggy release with a meh day 1 patch. Pretty decent amount of work since going gold, especially for a 12 or 15 man team or whatever they have. Guess we'll find out tonight if it lives up or not. It does seem as though this is stuff that should have been in the final version anyways. I'm thinking they probably went gold to get sony to stfu and then went on a lot of all nighters to get this stuff in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a good read on the console certification process and why you wind up with first day patches.

http://ramiismail.com/2016/08/patch-the-process/
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Very cool concept, but I'm afraid it will get boring fast.  

I'll wait for some reviews, and maybe a price drop.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuck all you haters, I've been following this game for a couple years, and I'm finally gonna get to check it out tonight.

i'm hyped.

gonna name all the planets I can.
Page / 11
Top Top