Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shotguns must be banned!!!!!!!!!111
View Quote
Even the fudds would get involved then. Well, maybe once it made it to double barrels.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are you a voting member?
View Quote
If you try to engage people in debating gun control on social media, there are things you can do to really screw with them.

One is to counter their arguments with liberal sources.  Since the left does so much twisting of the data, and fabrication in their journalistic hit pieces, you can spend some time searching and bookmarking various articles and pages that blatantly conflict each other, then use links to those to counter a lot of the garbage the other side posts on social media.  Instead of them just dismissing you as some brainwashed drone of the NRA, Trump, and FOX news, they find themselves in situations such as the Huffington Post saying that the claims they just made, are false.

Another is to respond to accusations of you being another NRA drone, by stating that you were an NRA member at one time, but you cannot agree with the current NRA leadership and left the organization, so you are one of the majority of gun owners that do not support the NRA or agree with the policies of their leadership (one of the gun owners that the left keeps claiming that you support 'common sense gun control').

Each person has to make their own decision on which path to take.  If they have ever given the NRA a dime, they have a right to complain about the shitty job that the current leadership has been doing, and the lobbying that has varied from "are they doing ANYTHING?" to "DAMN, they just fucked us over".
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Even the fudds would get involved then. Well, maybe once it made it to double barrels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama did a photo op with an over and under.

Biden made his statement about 'two blasts from a shotgun'.

Feinstein has repeatedly (since the 2004 expiration of the 1994 AWB) introduced bills to 'reinstate the AWB' that (if you read through the fine print and definitions) would ban all pump shotguns and semi-auto shotguns.

They have been trying to quietly go after shotguns for a while (a few pump shotguns were covered by the 1994 AWB), but they know that if they go after the double barrels, they will alienate the skeet and trap Fudds, who tend to be more likely to have money.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How can we help fund the fight?  Can someone send me an IM, or better yet, OP include instructions in his post?
View Quote
I know Gun Owners Foundation has helped Nolo in the past.

https://www.gunowners.com
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Feinstein has repeatedly (since the 2004 expiration of the 1994 AWB) introduced bills to 'reinstate the AWB' that (if you read through the fine print and definitions) would ban all pump shotguns and semi-auto shotguns.

They have been trying to quietly go after shotguns for a while (a few pump shotguns were covered by the 1994 AWB), but they know that if they go after the double barrels, they will alienate the skeet and trap Fudds, who tend to be more likely to have money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fowling pieces have always been items of luxury for the ruling class.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not many people have the wherewithal to fund Geeseman and Bear safaris.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Give em hell.
View Quote
With pitchforks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it gives you a choice between saying "fuck those assholes, they ain't getting a dime from me", or saying "fuck those assholes, they are only getting just enough money to let me do what I can to fuck them over from the inside, then they aren't getting another penny".

I can definitely understand the motives behind both options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can catch one of the times they are running a heavy discount on the life membership, and have the cash at the time, you can buy the right to vote against them, then sit back and withhold any further funding of their huge paychecks and half-assed lobbying.
So, pay them so I can not pay them?  No thanks, I'm going to skip straight to the "Not paying" part.
Yeah, it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it gives you a choice between saying "fuck those assholes, they ain't getting a dime from me", or saying "fuck those assholes, they are only getting just enough money to let me do what I can to fuck them over from the inside, then they aren't getting another penny".

I can as well. But, I chose last year to do an EP Life membership. I'll have it paid off soon. I did that because I want voting rights. We need to stack the BoD in our favor and change the NRA from the inside.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Let them go after scoped rifles and shotguns.

Ar this point, fuck the fudds. Let them be felons next.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can as well. But, I chose last year to do an EP Life membership. I'll have it paid off soon. I did that because I want voting rights. We need to stack the BoD in our favor and change the NRA from the inside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can catch one of the times they are running a heavy discount on the life membership, and have the cash at the time, you can buy the right to vote against them, then sit back and withhold any further funding of their huge paychecks and half-assed lobbying.
So, pay them so I can not pay them?  No thanks, I'm going to skip straight to the "Not paying" part.

You'd have about as much of a chance at success trying to stack the Democratic party in our favor.

The NRA cannot be fixed, and those that believe otherwise are only fooling themselves.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The sad thing is, I have probably paid for enough yearly and gift memberships to buy a Life if I had it in all together at one time. Some years it was struggle to pay even a yearly (3 teen age boys can wolf some food down) and I could afford one now, but as long as the current leadership  is in, they won't a dime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get it paid off, and vote!
The sad thing is, I have probably paid for enough yearly and gift memberships to buy a Life if I had it in all together at one time. Some years it was struggle to pay even a yearly (3 teen age boys can wolf some food down) and I could afford one now, but as long as the current leadership  is in, they won't a dime.
I know those feels.

I was fortunate enough that an Arfcommer paid for my life membership back when they were running it for $300.

I will ask you to please reconsider, though.  We need more of us that suffer from BRD voting so we can change their culture.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
 Tell  you what, the next time you get to vote on Wayne LaPierre let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a voting member?
 Tell  you what, the next time you get to vote on Wayne LaPierre let me know.
Think of it like the Electoral College
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whether bump stocks were used and the governments games concerning their use on October 1, 2017 in LV is NOT a trivial matter and must be run to ground.

I would like to point out that even if bump stocks were used it does not impact case at hand...  The government with a straight face claims that if one person does evil with a device or item than it must be banned from existence?  Why stop there?  Insert any device, how about one that kills people everyday of the year?

What if DOJ published this rule?  What's to stop them?

In order to prevent drunk drivers from hurting themselves or anyone else, your automobile has been declared illegal by DOJ and in 90 days you must turn your automobile in to us or destroy it or we will fine you a quarter of million dollars and put you in prison for ten years....
View Quote
It's a matter of time. Possibly not in my lifetime- although those smarter than I say it will absolutely happen in 20 years. When self-driving cars become mainstream......you will either be forced to turn them in or your insurance will price you out of ownership.

It's coming.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gave Nolo and the gang a shout out on TTAG

Latest Lawsuit Against Trump Bump Stock Ban Seeks to Open ATF Registry
View Quote
Shared on FB.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#16]
If we can save ONE LIFE, we must round them all up! Get them off the streets of America!

If I could, I would say turn them in, Mr. and Mrs. America.

They should ALL be registered, subject to background checks.  They should not be allowed anywhere near a school, hospital, or political office! Attempting to conceal one should carry legal penalties that will land you in PRISON!

Oh! this is a gun thread? I got it mixed up with the Illegal Alien/We Need A Wall thread.

My bad
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Sub
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's a matter of time. Possibly not in my lifetime- although those smarter than I say it will absolutely happen in 20 years. When self-driving cars become mainstream......you will either be forced to turn them in or your insurance will price you out of ownership.

It's coming.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whether bump stocks were used and the governments games concerning their use on October 1, 2017 in LV is NOT a trivial matter and must be run to ground.

I would like to point out that even if bump stocks were used it does not impact case at hand...  The government with a straight face claims that if one person does evil with a device or item than it must be banned from existence?  Why stop there?  Insert any device, how about one that kills people everyday of the year?

What if DOJ published this rule?  What's to stop them?

In order to prevent drunk drivers from hurting themselves or anyone else, your automobile has been declared illegal by DOJ and in 90 days you must turn your automobile in to us or destroy it or we will fine you a quarter of million dollars and put you in prison for ten years....

It's coming.....
Probably. The sheep will eat it right up, too.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#19]
no·ta be·ne
/?nod? 'bene/
verb
Latin
verb: nota bene

observe carefully or take special notice (used in written text to draw attention to what follows).

jaqufrost, I can assure you the questions being asked of DOJ and ATF are extremely important.  I am convinced by recent events.

Sharyl Attkisson and Katie Pavlich you might want to dust off your files on Fast & Furious;  Who at DOJ/FBI was aware/participating in that operation and who was also active on October 1, 2017?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You'd have about as much of a chance at success trying to stack the Democratic party in our favor.

The NRA cannot be fixed, and those that believe otherwise are only fooling themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

while I will continue to hope a peaceful solution can be done with votes. if  the current leadership has some sort of accident or something I would be pleased.  very very pleased.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Do we have NOLOs twitter handle?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do we have NOLOs twitter handle?
View Quote
@ATFReport
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gave Nolo and the gang a shout out on TTAG

Latest Lawsuit Against Trump Bump Stock Ban Seeks to Open ATF Registry
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
 Wayne has it rigged, you don't get to vote against him anyway.  Until he's gone, its business as usual.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wayne has it rigged, you don't get to vote against him anyway.  Until he's gone, its business as usual.
How cute, you actually think Wayne is the problem, not the machine that protects him and manipulates NRA elections to their benefit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Just critiqueing here:

Hopefully we can get another constitutional judge soon and the bumpstock ban will be overruled.  By facts alone the whole thing sounds unconstitutional to me.  What concerns me is that what's her name will will probably vote in her sleep coma and who knows what will happen then.

The "camel's nose under the tent"  and the "from a slide to a straight dropoff analogies" sounds like too many "feels" and "conjectures" to me, almost like fake news.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just critiqueing here:

Hopefully we can get another constitutional judge soon and the bumpstock ban will be overruled.  By facts alone the whole thing sounds unconstitutional to me.  What concerns me is that what's her name will will probably vote in her sleep coma and who knows what will happen then.

The "camel's nose under the tent"  and the "from a slide to a straight dropoff analogies" sounds like too many "feels" and "conjectures" to me, almost like fake news.
View Quote
Only ~2% of Federal appeal make it to the Supreme Court.  Hopefully we win at lower levels without needing to go there as it's extremely hard to get heard.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't know if Nolo posted this but we filed a preliminary injunction in the bumpstock case a couple days ago

https://www.scribd.com/document/397756745/Bumpstock-Codera-Preliminary-Injunction
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't know if Nolo posted this but we filed a preliminary injunction in the bumpstock case a couple days ago

https://www.scribd.com/document/397756745/Bumpstock-Codera-Preliminary-Injunction
View Quote
Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Please let us know when it is granted.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Awesome
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I posted this earlier today and it looks like a lot of people didn't understand what I was getting at. Basically, the "harnessing recoil energy" language in the bump stock rule, along with the "readily converted" language could combine to make the popular Hi-Point carbines meet the new definition of a machine gun.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2187241/?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#33]
So how long does it take to get a decision on the injunction? After reading it, it looks like it's logically unassailable, but I guess it comes down to whether the judge is favorable to gun rights or not. I think the points about the lack of lawful authority to sign it are good, and this case as a whole will tell us if we live in a nation of laws or a nation of political whim.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#34]
To Nolo and Wolf, and anyone involved thank you!!

Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

Thanks for posting. I’ve been slow on the posting of filings. Lots of lawsuits going on at the moment.
View Quote
Thank you, gentlemen.

Your work is greatly appreciated.

God bless you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Briefing scheduled issued. DOJ response 2/1. Our reply due 2/8.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Late to the party, but, IN! GO GET 'EM, Nolo and Wolf!!!!!! (and everybody else that is working on this mess!)
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good point. Didn't realize pumps would be banned, it really is Fudd legislation then. Scary stuff.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Good point. Didn't realize pumps would be banned, it really is Fudd legislation then. Scary stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All they need is compliant Attorney General determine that 12 Gauges have no sporting purpose and are now considered large bore destructive devices, they have done it before.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Huzzah!
Thanks NOLO and Wolfwood  
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's lightning-fast for court, isn't it? I was thinking it would be touch and go to get anything actually heard before the ban goes into effect, I'm happy to be wrong!
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All they need is compliant Attorney General determine that 12 Gauges have no sporting purpose and are now considered large bore destructive devices, they have done it before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

USAS-12, Streetsweeper, and one other model that I don't remember off the top of my head.

However, it seems that somebody in the industry figured out (too late to use the reclassification of those three shotguns) that when the feds reclassify shotguns to DDs, and declare an amnesty to get them in the NFA registry, the amnesty applies to all types of NFA devices, including full-auto.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

USAS-12, Streetsweeper, and one other model that I don't remember off the top of my head.

However, it seems that somebody in the industry figured out (too late to use the reclassification of those three shotguns) that when the feds reclassify shotguns to DDs, and declare an amnesty to get them in the NFA registry, the amnesty applies to all types of NFA devices, including full-auto.
View Quote
Nope. No amnesty for MGs from the '86 ban. Other NFAs could have amnesty though, as they can be registered at any time. You just don't get a trip to a federal prison for having a 12ga this whole time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
To Nolo and Wolf, and anyone involved thank you!!

View Quote
Doing God's work. Thank you gentlemen!
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top