Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 78
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You need to understand why hitler dressed up a bunch of germans as poles and attacked a german position just before WW2 started.
View Quote

Hitler would never kill his own troops. It's illogical.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
More peace and love impacting us tonight. How many here think America is bombing us with cruise missiles tonight? Show of hands please.

Please appreciate my last words may be coming from me sitting in my bathroom where there aren't any windows, so I can ridicule you Pootie Poo ball lickers. Yeah you are the disgrace to America. Yeah no shit Biden sucks. Make a god damn intelligent argument besides, "Well if xxx did xxx it must not be!"

God Bless America!

????? ???????!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like a great false flag by Russia judging by how so many here want it to be blamed on America. That's just my OPINION.

Don't get too upset... I am still waiting for actual facts and evidence like everyone else in the world.

Russia slammed two missiles into our city at 1am. One by a large bus stop/market that didn't hurt anyone. The other in a residential neighborhood fucking up about 60+ homes. We don't know the actual death toll as they are still digging.

Russia is nothing more than a terrorist state. Fuck Putin as his ball lickers. No way they would do something irrational.

"Russian forces carried out a missile strike on the city of Dnipro on the night of 28–29 September, killing at least three and injuring five civilians".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/29/7369561/index.amp
View Quote

Theyd still be alive if Ukraine had simply surrendered.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
So 27 pages in and any proof we blew it up?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like 8 or 10 GD posters swear. Good enough?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. NATO hasn’t revealed whether it was an Akula class or Yasen class, nor will it reveal whether it was Denmark or the UK that was tracking it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

IDK, can this be fixed in a few weeks? From what I've read it looks like its pretty well fucked and inoperative for near future and possibly permanently.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have routinely killed their own citizens and blown up their own buildings in false flag attacks.  Disabling a pipeline in a way that can be fixed in a couple of weeks is very low stakes compared to their past operations.

IDK, can this be fixed in a few weeks? From what I've read it looks like its pretty well fucked and inoperative for near future and possibly permanently.
Pipelines are easy to fix.  You removed the damaged section and replace it and then you drain it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck Putin
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Noticed that all of the neo-cons sucking Ukrainian dick are all never_Trumpers.

Fascinating
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I hate to ask this question, but wasn’t this Nord Stream 1 pipeline shut off already??    Were the Russians still selling oil to Germany?  I thought Europe was cut off from Russian oil (they obviously are now).
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no proof anyone blew it up. It just blew up. And everyone is pointing fingers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hate to ask this question, but wasn’t this Nord Stream 1 pipeline shut off already??    Were the Russians still selling oil to Germany?  I thought Europe was cut off from Russian oil (they obviously are now).
View Quote

Yeah it was already off.

The main people that benefit from this financially are all the countries sending gas to Europe, be it from their own production or by re-selling them Russian gas they bought at a discount. So thats your list of probable suspects if it wasn't an accident.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah it was already off.

The main people that benefit from this financially are all the countries sending gas to Europe, be it from their own production or by re-selling them Russian gas they bought at a discount. So thats your list of probable suspects if it wasn't an accident.
View Quote
You aren't getting it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pipelines are easy to fix.  You removed the damaged section and replace it and then you drain it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have routinely killed their own citizens and blown up their own buildings in false flag attacks.  Disabling a pipeline in a way that can be fixed in a couple of weeks is very low stakes compared to their past operations.

What about when they've filled w/ salt water and potentially sit filled w/ it for months or more?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Yeah, I don't really see what Russia gains here. But they do loose their on/off switch.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What about when they've filled w/ salt water and potentially sit filled w/ it for months or more?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not an issue.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, I don't really see what Russia gains here. But they do loose their on/off switch.
View Quote
It's been explained to you multiple times. You just don't believe it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Russia has a dedicated fleet that is specifically focused on attacking undersea infrastructure such as communication cables and pipelines.

It's a part of their warfighting doctrine.

View Quote
So do we, I mean not "attacking" more like exploiting.  But we're on the 3rd generation of subs dedicated to the task. And they are extremely capable.

You thought NRO was secretive, nobody even knew NURO was a thing until the mid 90s.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nope. NATO hasn't revealed whether it was an Akula class or Yasen class, nor will it reveal whether it was Denmark or the UK that was tracking it.
View Quote
The Yasen are legitimately quite.  I don't think there are any in the baltic normally
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's been explained to you multiple times. You just don't believe it.
View Quote

Yeah I do reject the false flag hypothesis since its an uber shitty false flag.

Like a good false flag would be Ukrainians blowing up something near and dear to the hearts of Russians, or blowing up something inside Russia as retaliation etc etc. i.e. something with some actual "emotional value" for Putin to manipulate, you know for mother Russia. I very much doubt the actual citizens of Russia don't give one flying fuck about a pipeline thats used to the fill the pockets of the oligarchs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Putin knows that Russia will be under sanctions that make that pipeline worthless, forever.
View Quote

IDK that he "knows" that. But not having that switch makes his position to negotiate harder. Pretty sure his plan was to turn off gas, wait for winter and start making offers to turn it back on. Now whether or not would have worked is debatable, but that option is off the table for him now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm pro-Trump and pro-Ukraine, as are many others here.

The idea that one precludes the other is bizarre.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was your previous screen name?

I get what you are saying… but is he wrong ?

When cornered, some monkeys fling poo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah it was already off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it was already off.

Ok, but they saw giant gas bubbles escaping from the damaged pipe.  So Germany must have been still getting some
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

IDK that he "knows" that. But not having that switch makes his position to negotiate harder. Pretty sure his plan was to turn off gas, wait for winter and start making offers to turn it back on. Now whether or not would have worked is debatable, but that option is off the table for him now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Putin knows that Russia will be under sanctions that make that pipeline worthless, forever.

Or he uses one of the existing  pipelines Gazprom took offline.

The options aren't nearly as limited as made out

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Can the "who done it" be narrowed down by process of elimination? I'm guessing only a few nation state's have the resources and technology to carry out such a mission.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Can the "who done it" be narrowed down by process of elimination? I'm guessing only a few nation state's have the resources and technology to carry out such a mission.
View Quote
Resources and technology to blow something up under water?  Pretty much anyone with 1940s era technology can accomplish that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh wait, there are other pipelines from russia to germany up there? If so that changes things. AFAIK nord stream was the only one straight from russia to germany.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Who Was Behind the Nord Stream Pipeline Attack? | @glennbeck
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh wait, there are other pipelines from russia to germany up there? If so that changes things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wait, there are other pipelines from russia to germany up there? If so that changes things.

Guy I know at Orlens seems to think Yamal-Europe just needs compressors. Gazprom dismantled a few years ago. It and the Ukrainian system was the distro for Europe for decades.

Rus been doing the same Fuck Fuck game with Druzbha oil pipeline.

Both go through Poland. The Nord stuff was a political bypass to make Germany beholden - tho they were also very efficient

If next week Russian gas became palatable, the technical issues would resolve shit short.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Noticed that all of the neo-cons sucking Ukrainian dick are all never_Trumpers.

Fascinating
View Quote

Ahh, here’s where the Z-Boys went.

Sorry your shitty empire is getting blown to hell.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The Yasen are legitimately quite.  I don't think there are any in the baltic normally
View Quote

According to the former sonar technician from “Sub Brief,” Russian subs are very quiet when they are first commissioned, but get louder as they age because Russia doesn’t properly maintain them. The Baltic sea is tiny and they were definitely being tracked by NATO, but it will be decades before the intel is declassified.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Resources and technology to blow something up under water?  Pretty much anyone with 1940s era technology can accomplish that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being a SCUBA diver, I didn't realize it was so easy to dive so deep and blow something up!

Almost 2,000 oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. Won't be pretty if this becomes commonplace.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh wait, there are other pipelines from russia to germany up there? If so that changes things. AFAIK nord stream was the only one straight from russia to germany.

https://eegas.com/images/FSU_Pipelines-2014-03_eng.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People should look up EU projects of common interest.

Anyway, it sounds like some kind of industrial accident and every side is blaming the other for propaganda rights.

Also, the Izzies and Turks are making up to get gas into Europe. It will take years to run it from the Leviathan field in the Med and tie it in if it gets the go ahead.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Anyway, it sounds like some kind of industrial accident and every side is blaming the other for propaganda rights.

Also, the Izzies and Turks are making up to get gas into Europe. It will take years to run it from the Leviathan field in the Med and tie it in if it gets the go ahead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea - peeps prior mentioned the TransMed, TAP, the new Baltic Pipe, the Gassco lines like Norpipe that are all now much more important.

The drone flights around various installations (as DKProf posted) kinda concerning

I'd be a lot more accepting of an accident if it wasn't now 4 nearly simultaneous energetic breaches some miles apart

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Why would Russia attack their own pipelines rather than the direct competitors of them?

Listen, the Ruble is worth 55  times less than the Euro. No one would willingly pay the costs of gas produced by companies that pay overhead in Euros when gas supplies with Ruble overhead production costs are an alternative.

This is literally a leg of the great reset.

Another leg is the total destruction of the internet so that it can be replaced by a Chinese style state controlled net.

This attack creates the dialectical possibility for the destruction of the internet.

Russia isn’t pushing that shit, the WEF is. Thought I’m sure that Russia is a willing participant.

The stupid people here are taking a side. The smart people count beans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But what about The Baltic Pipe? It comes online partially next month, delivering natural gas from Norway to Poland. Should NATO immediately begin a 24/7 guard on that pipeline?

Why would Russia attack their own pipelines rather than the direct competitors of them?

Listen, the Ruble is worth 55  times less than the Euro. No one would willingly pay the costs of gas produced by companies that pay overhead in Euros when gas supplies with Ruble overhead production costs are an alternative.

This is literally a leg of the great reset.

Another leg is the total destruction of the internet so that it can be replaced by a Chinese style state controlled net.

This attack creates the dialectical possibility for the destruction of the internet.

Russia isn’t pushing that shit, the WEF is. Thought I’m sure that Russia is a willing participant.

The stupid people here are taking a side. The smart people count beans.

The German paid for nordstream 1. This was Russian period. Anyone who thinks Biden has the cabinets to blow it, and that the rest of the Baltic countries who monitor such things claim it’s Russia. This Russia agiprop stuff is just rediculous. Biden blows up major German asset that was shut off permanently by Russia anyway, the volume of gas will tell a lot. It coincides with German weapons shipments decisions to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Putin had a hissy fit.

Biden isn’t going to escalate.

Russia shut it off for supposed maintenance weeks ago.

NATO monitors Russian ships/subs in area afraid target was internet cables but pipeline goes boom?

Think real hard here guys.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The moment the attack took place, the internet was flooded with those identical, silly clips from February of Joe Biden saying he would "end" the Nord Stream project.

The usual useful ones took that and ran with it.
View Quote

GEEZ it’s almost like someone coordinated it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get what you are saying  but is he wrong ?

Arf isn't the only place on the internet I hang out. Interestingly, the left seems to think that most on the left are anti Ukraine believe it or not, and most on the right think that pro-Ukrainians are left wing.

I think the reality is this issue seems to cross party lines. IMO it's sad that there's leftists that have a stronger belief in self defense than many on the right.

-Edited for clarity because I screwed up
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Being a SCUBA diver, I didn't realize it was so easy to dive so deep and blow something up!

Almost 2,000 oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. Won't be pretty if this becomes commonplace.
View Quote
It's absurdly easy to build a mini-sub that can place explosives.  You don't even have to build one, they are for sale on the open market.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Arf isn't the only place on the internet I hang out. Interestingly, the left seems to think that most on the left are anti Ukraine believe it or not, and most on the right think that pro-Ukrainians are left wing.

I think the reality is this issue seems to cross party lines. IMO it's sad that there's leftists that have a stronger belief in self defense than many on the right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The traditional Kremlin left-wing propaganda dissemination paths remain open and active. We just see the fruits of the newer ones here. They very effectively play off the cynicism and institutional distrust of anyone on the fringe. They've been practicing and refining their approaches for decades.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The traditional Kremlin left-wing propaganda dissemination paths remain open and active. We just see the fruits of the newer ones here. They very effectively play off the cynicism and institutional distrust of anyone on the fringe. They've been practicing and refining their approaches for decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I posted some stuff from Rand in another thread (you've probably already seen it, if not let me know) and it outlines the concerted effort of the Kremlin to push its narrative to both the left and the right. It's really fascinating. Of course when I posted that, it was pointed out to me that Rand is not reliable, because they also said that Russians had a disinformation campaign during the 2016 and 2020 election...which is 100% true, like it or not.
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top