BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never pass up an opportunity to play this.
As always, share it with your neighbors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbRHY1l0vc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I never pass up an opportunity to play this.
As always, share it with your neighbors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbRHY1l0vc
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are you saying the missile was not launched and it's fake news?
View Quote
That's what it sounded like to me as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Several hours have gone by and no response from Trump yet?

Ruh, Roh

How long would a pre-staged, pre-planned massive air attack take to initiate?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Trump will not tip his hand.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Such an easy solution. China doesn't want us involved militarily in their hemisphere. So, have Japan, SK, and the US give them an ultimatum: either you depose Kim or we will

The situation would resolve itself rather quickly
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Trump drew a line in the sand.

Lil Kim just jumped across the line and peed on Trump's leg.

I'll make popcorn.
View Quote
Wonder if it will be different than Obama's line in the sand.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Several hours have gone by and no response from Trump yet?

Ruh, Roh

How long would a pre-staged, pre-planned massive air attack take to initiate?
View Quote
Sub launched nuclear first strike or conventional?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll make popcorn.
I highly doubt it.

(and I ride the MAGA train and am not, and never have been, a never trumper)
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
The only line in the sand that pussy ever drew was when his golf ball rolled into a bunker.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
  I'm talking the whole she-bang.

Cruise, nukes, bombers, everything.

Scorched earth type shit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Trump will have the next one intercepted. My 2cents.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I highly doubt it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll make popcorn.
I highly doubt it.

I'm not any train but find no fault in any action of Trump's (besides some tweets). I hope he does something that's not war or sanctions. Everyone says he plays 87 dimension chess. This is where we need it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only line in the sand that pussy ever drew was when his golf ball rolled into a bunker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides chem weapons in Syria. Sure
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we were going to go scorched earth (but not feeling like watching Seoul, our service members in theater, and Japan get fucked), we'd likely sub launch.

That would happen very fast.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#15]
This seems serious.
If Trump doesn't respond, then it might tell the world we are spineless and don't mean what we say. (Again)
If Trump does respond it could put us in a very costly war.

Either way, this isn't good. We can't have enemy countries doing ICBM flyovers of sovereign allied territory.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm not any train but find no fault in any action of Trump's (besides some tweets). I hope he does something that's not war or sanctions. Everyone says he plays 87 dimension chess. This is where we need it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll make popcorn.
I highly doubt it.

What something is available for him to do that isn't an act of war or sanctions?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#17]
OST.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What something is available for him to do that isn't an act of war or sanctions?
View Quote
My guess is he's on the phone with China telling them kill that motherfer and replace him with some sense, NOW
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did they actually IMPLEMENT this, or just pinky swear that they would? ChiComs are not known to be men of their word.
View Quote
Implemented.

PRC cut off majority of oil exported to NK (specifically by big Chinese state owned energy conglomerates), and they also pressuring the rest Chinese companies to do likewise. In addition, the largest legal exports that North Korea relies on is selling coal and other limited natural resources to China, even though China already has plenty of their own, they buy it to help them out. So right now the following has already been happening for a month: NK has a trickle of oil coming in and no legal products going out. Price of oil is already skyrocketing and once the full ramifications of this embargo/sanction hits the rest of the NK agricultural and industrial infrastructure will grind to a halt, their economy and society will break down. And then it will be coup time.

Remember how Trump said we let China get away with lopsided trade deals and we get nothing for it? And how he was toying with Chinese tariffs, which while painful to the US would be devastating to China? This is the result. China just earned their preferential trade deals by helping out with NK, instead of the usual Democratic Party way, which was to get bribed by China.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Implemented.

PRC cut off majority of oil exported to NK (specifically by big Chinese state owned energy conglomerates), and they also pressuring the rest Chinese companies to do likewise. In addition, the largest legal exports that North Korea relies on is selling coal and other limited natural resources to China, even though China already has plenty of their own, they buy it to help them out. So right now the following has already been happening for a month: NK has a trickle of oil coming in and no legal products going out. Price of oil is already skyrocketing and once the full ramifications of this embargo/sanction hits the rest of the NK agricultural and industrial infrastructure will grind to a halt, their economy and society will break down. And then it will be coup time.

Remember how Trump said we let China get away with lopsided trade deals and we get nothing for it? And how he was toying with Chinese tariffs, which while painful to the US would be devastating to China? This is the result. China just earned their preferential trade deals by helping out with NK, instead of the usual Democratic Party way, which was to get bribed by China.
View Quote
Thats heavy shit.  Seems like war would be Lil Kim's only viable path to staying in power
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This seems serious.
If Trump doesn't respond, then it might tell the world we are spineless and don't mean what we say. (Again)

Either way, this isn't good. We can't have enemy countries doing ICBM flyovers of sovereign allied territory.
View Quote
One way or another, we're way past the point of the North Korea situation having a happy ending.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#22]
What if it was a failed nuke launch?

what if a rouge element within NK fired to try start a war?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe I am reaching but didn't Trump say any launch against the U.S. would be met with fire and fury?

Aren't military bases (on Japan) considered extensions of the U.S.?

You know those guys were shitting and getting it on those bases when the alarms went of early in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This seems serious.

View Quote
On the contrary.

If Trump reacts militarily then he will look weak and easily provoked.   If he reacts with restraint then he will look considered and the threat against NK still remains in place.

Trump is smart enough not to react in a destructive way unless absolutely necessary.  

My bet would be on Trump saying some fairly stern stuff, as you might expect, but not reacting to the provocation militarily.  

He will be using this latest launch to apply more pressure to China to act.  China can I'll affford a conflict in the region.  A common area of concern is a good opportunity to build alliances and bridges against a common threat.  

If he wades in militarily then there is no going back and half-arsing it.  The bargaining position is lost.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This seems serious.

View Quote
I agree with all of this. Can't have someone slinging ICBMs with unknown payloads over an allied country. Unacceptable and personally, I think it has to be answered. How, I am not sure.

Imagine sitting in some room in Japan, trying to determine whether your country is under imminent threat of a nuclear strike. Now imagine that you might face that moment over and over again in the coming weeks and months.

That cannot be allowed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Trump will have the next one intercepted. My 2cents.
View Quote
Before it launches
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
One way or another, we're way past the point of the North Korea situation having a happy ending.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This seems serious.

Well what the hell do you call a bunch of long tube shaped objects in a wet high pressure environment spitting out projectiles?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope not. That is how wars get started. Also would put our economy in the shitter overnight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If China wanted this to stop, it would stop.

If China wanted Kim gone, he'd be gone.

Kim is doing/being exactly what China wants him to do/be.
This is why Trump ouhgt to tweet or make an off-hand comment at a press conference that he is looking at putting sanctions on China if they don't rein in Kim.
I hope not. That is how wars get started. Also would put our economy in the shitter overnight.
In the short run, sure. In the long run, it would excellent for our economy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#29]
The problem with North Korea is simple.

Peace is worse for their neighbors than continued cold war, or possibly than an all out hot war.

The South Koreans don't want unification.

The Chinese don't want to let millions of North Koreans in as refugees.

And North Korea is economically and industrially fucked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
China did reign in Kim, they agreed to crushing oil export embargo and refuse to buy any of the shit NK sales, which is kind of a big deal since China buys nearly everything NK sells. And China only did it because Trump pressured them to. The shit you're talking about happened months ago.

And hypothetically, if China did in fact control NK as a puppet, why a couple years ago did Kim Jung Un have all the Pro-China members of his ministry gruesomely executed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why Trump ouhgt to tweet or make an off-hand comment at a press conference that he is looking at putting sanctions on China if they don't rein in Kim.
China did reign in Kim, they agreed to crushing oil export embargo and refuse to buy any of the shit NK sales, which is kind of a big deal since China buys nearly everything NK sells. And China only did it because Trump pressured them to. The shit you're talking about happened months ago.

And hypothetically, if China did in fact control NK as a puppet, why a couple years ago did Kim Jung Un have all the Pro-China members of his ministry gruesomely executed?
If China actually followed through, it would be a huge deal.

China cut North Korean coal exports to zero, which accounting for like 75% of the North Korean economy, then BAM, trade with North Korea INCREASED 40%.

China is faking it while sneakingly supporting Kim Jong Un even more.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shoot a missile right over the capital Pyongyang for starters, right over NK, so lil Kim can soil his pants.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thats heavy shit.  Seems like war would be Lil Kim's only viable path to staying in power
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Implemented.

Quite the opposite. Nobody in NK is under any delusions they would win that war. In fact, the ONLY reason they are building bombs is to stop worrying about a serious threat of getting taken out by the US. The only thing they had to counter it in the past was holding Seoul ransom. Now they can hold the region ransom with longer range ballistic missiles possibly tipped with nukes. Soon they can hold CONUS for ransom too. The goal of this drive for nukes is self preservation and survival.

Should Kim give the order to initiate war, well it absolutely could happen. But its unlikely, as it would be the most irrational one Kim could make, it would be the most suicidal one he could give, and should he give it there is actually a very possible chance it could trigger an actual coup.

I love a good challenge but I wouldn't want to be Kim even for a billion dollars. He must be puking his guts out, chugging Maalax washed down with Xanax as he hides anxiety attacks induced by the panic of what is happening to him and the lack of good options he has left.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Shoot a missile right over the capital Pyongyang for starters, right over NK, so lil Kim can soil his pants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If an unstable were pointing a loaded gun at you, would you fire a round right past their ear to see if it scares them into stopping?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I highly doubt it.

View Quote
Right there with you. Been MAGA from the get go but Trump won't do shit on this.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I highly doubt it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll make popcorn.
I highly doubt it.

I'm on thee MAGA train and disagree. Didn't the Pentagon already said it wasn't a threat to the US? If so, that's a sign that we're not going to respond militarily.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If an unstable were pointing a loaded gun at you, would you fire a round right past their ear to see if it scares them into stopping?
View Quote
I'm talking about actions that are feasible and realistic. Put me in as President and I'll push a button to solve the problem.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#38]
We should start by making all of NK's subs disappear. Jam their abilities to signal and sink them. Poof!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Haven't read every page, has Japan commented on this?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Lil kimmie needs a noose.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Haven't read every page, has Japan commented on this?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#44]
My uneducated hillbilly opinion is that if "Someone" doesnt do something about this or answer back in a real way, NK called everyones bluff and shows weakness.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm talking about actions that are feasible and realistic. Put me in as President and I'll push a button to solve the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m guessing that’s why you are not President!

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quite the opposite. Nobody in NK is under any delusions they would win that war. In fact, the ONLY reason they are building bombs is to stop worrying about a serious threat of getting taken out by the US. The only thing they had to counter it in the past was holding Seoul ransom. Now they can hold the region ransom with longer range ballistic missiles possibly tipped with nukes. Soon they can hold CONUS for ransom too. The goal of this drive for nukes is self preservation and survival.

Should Kim give the order to initiate war, well it absolutely could happen. But its unlikely, as it would be the most irrational one Kim could make, it would be the most suicidal one he could give, and should he give it there is actually a very possible chance it could trigger an actual coup.

I love a good challenge but I wouldn't want to be Kim even for a billion dollars. He must be puking his guts out, chugging Maalax washed down with Xanax as he hides anxiety attacks induced by the panic of what is happening to him and the lack of good options he has left.
View Quote
Agreed...but it sounds like your factoring in Kim being rational.  If he was rational he'd probably would have turned over his slave-like population over to China's manufacturers and become the richest man on Earth a decade ago
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I say level the Kumsusan Palace with a salvo of some sort of stealth cruise missle. 

Then wait. 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm going to the basement...I have pretzels and pringles and caprisun down there

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jxsIW-4drxk/TKNgoZU4I8I/AAAAAAAAAGs/zc2Tpb6hfjE/s1600/Ellies+Basement.JPG
View Quote
Wall shackles & naked girls and you have priapism down there!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My uneducated hillbilly opinion is that if "Someone" doesnt do something about this or answer back in a real way, NK called everyones bluff and shows weakness.
View Quote
NK/DPRK didn't call anyone's bluff, this is a fresh round of betting. Let me catch you up:

The US convinces PRC to sanction/embargo DPRK in a way to destroy their nation unless they shitcan their nuke program. Next, instead of shitcanning, and instead of starting a war, DPRK launches a few missiles as saber rattling. US escalates and threatens outright nuclear war, DPRK backs off. Weeks later, today, DPRK ramps up round 2 of Post-sanction/embargo saber rattling. Now we're waiting on the US to raise the initial bet. And back and forth it goes until the US again raises to "If you launch anything offensively, we will destroy your country with nukes.", and then DPRK will again hit that impasse where its either shit or get off the pot and they'll fold again. And then this round of betting ends, the US wins the hand. Then they wait a few weeks and try it again, because Kim has no good options left.

Saber rattle enough times and Kim gets ousted in a coup.
If he tries to go to war, he will either die from us and/or he will get ousted in a coup.
Do nothing while DPRK internal economy, agriculture, industry grind to a halt, he will get ousted with a coup.
Surrender his nukes he will be ousted in a coup.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#50]
It has to have landed somewhere by now? Perhaps I missed it?
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top