BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 248
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why exactly do you think Ferrari would be targeted? Back when there was the RB/MERC revelry the concern was the protection of HAM - a major value not only for a major player dollars wise but to break Schumachers record.  Exactly why would they be selectively enforcing against Ferrari? To what gain? Ferrari can’t get out of their own way no one has to impede them.

I’m not saying they don’t make ridiculous calls at times but you only seem to point out Ferrari
View Quote

lets forget about Ferrari for one second.  lets say the penalties that Leclerc gets are valid. I am willing to admit that, in both cases.

now, how do you explain no penalties or even investigations during the SAME session for what I just showed you in the videos ?

I don't think Ferrari is targeted by the way. I just think some others get away with almost anything.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

How is it selective enforcement when neither driver was punished?

One element of ruling, writing this as a "steward" for another sport, is that we cannot consider intent.  

A steward cannot know what a driver is thinking.  They can speculate, but that has no legal standing.  All they can do is rule based on the physical evidence to determine a consequence.

Physical evidence can suggest intent but nobody knows if a driver is being vindictive other than the driver himself.  He is the only one that knows what he is thinking.
View Quote

it is compared to others who have been punished in the same session. Not because of their intent, but what they or their team did, and causing another driver to lose time. The intent doesnt matter at all.

let's admit that they can't punish verstappen for the reasons you describe. How do you explain that hamilton impeding on verstappen wasnt even investigated ?

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Max finishing 20+ seconds ahead of Checo after only 24 laps.
View Quote

A big part of that was tire conservation.  Neither car was in danger of being passed so might as well take it easy and avoid problems.  Leave Checo way back as a blocker in case Max's tires start to go.

Excellent team strategy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Leclerc blaming himself for not being good enough under mixed conditions and drying track. Yeah, we saw that.

Apparently he and sainz have different set up. Leclerc      had less downforce.
View Quote

Leclerc wasn’t great in the sprint shootout either.  Barely making it out of S1, while Sainz had the fastest time, on his one and only lap.  Sainz ahead in S2 and S3 also.  Being able to pull together a mega lap in qualifying aside, he’s losing it.  Something is going on inside his head, and he’s the one who needs to fix that.  Ferrari can’t fix him.  Even if Ferrari makes a mistake, he needs to have the mental toughness to deal with it.  If he can’t pull it together and consistently beat his teammate, his value is going to drop, both for Ferrari, and any other team.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
People in Italy are really mad at the Verstappen/Hamilton impeding that was not even investigated.
Nicola Castiglione also very surprised about it :

#F1 #GP #AUSTRIA SCANDALOSO NON DARE LA PENALITA' - SOTTO GLI OCCHI DI TUTTI #impending #verstappen

Clearly vertappen did this move for only one reason. On purpose impeding .
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Mercedes tends to treat their own farts as works of art and this weekend is ending the dream that they will be able to make much progress this year.

So…Toto’s patented shit stirring campaign has begun in earnest now that the “head down, hard work” message is out of steam.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mercedes tends to treat their own farts as works of art and this weekend is ending the dream that they will be able to make much progress this year.

So…Toto’s patented shit stirring campaign has begun in earnest now that the “head down, hard work” message is out of steam.
View Quote

I’d wait for silverstone though/ the RB ring is atypical for various reasons.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lets forget about Ferrari for one second.  lets say the penalties that Leclerc gets are valid. I am willing to admit that, in both cases.

now, how do you explain no penalties or even investigations during the SAME session for what I just showed you in the videos ?

I don't think Ferrari is targeted by the way. I just think some others get away with almost anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why exactly do you think Ferrari would be targeted? Back when there was the RB/MERC revelry the concern was the protection of HAM - a major value not only for a major player dollars wise but to break Schumachers record.  Exactly why would they be selectively enforcing against Ferrari? To what gain? Ferrari can’t get out of their own way no one has to impede them.

I’m not saying they don’t make ridiculous calls at times but you only seem to point out Ferrari

I am on the same page - my last sentence was I am not saying ridiculous calls aren’t made at times

Ham is about the only consistent person calls fall in favor For though
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not counting them out, but just noting that there has been a decided change in rhetoric this weekend. I’m interpreting it as a tell.

We really have no idea how each car is going to react to the new tires. There might be some chances for glory, but I think we can confidently say that RB and Max should win both championships.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’m not counting them out, but just noting that there has been a decided change in rhetoric this weekend. I’m interpreting it as a tell.

We really have no idea how each car is going to react to the new tires. There might be some chances for glory, but I think we can confidently say that RB and Max should win both championships.
View Quote

Oh yeah, I was convinced of the last part after 3 races
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Watched on replay as I work weekends. While the track dried out, the late switch to slicks seemed tarded. With 4 laps left, how much time will you make up VS the inters?

Too short of a race to gain time. I think the top 7 stayed on the inters.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Watched on replay as I work weekends. While the track dried out, the late switch to slicks seemed tarded. With 4 laps left, how much time will you make up VS the inters?

View Quote

Some times you are forced to cover what the guy behind you does.

Meaning that if you dont pit you MAY lose a place due to his increased pace.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hulk was ~3 seconds faster per lap and was falling backwards quick on the inters. For once, the Haas strategists earned their wages.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, making the call to go to slicks must be painfull for the team and driver.

One lap too early and you go off track.

One lap too late and the other guy has passed you by.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Grand Prix Sunday has started on ESPN
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Watching F1TV and Laura isn’t hosting! I hope that isn’t permanent and she’s just on holiday.

I enjoy watching Laura.. ??
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#18]
That moment of silence was powerful..
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone saw the jet pack guy crashing on the track ?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Louie with fingers in his ears, Stick them up your ass instead
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wasn’t on F1TV - what channel are you watching?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Louie with fingers in his ears, Stick them up your ass instead
View Quote

Saw that too - first thought was asshole…
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I just hosted the jet pack

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB_cHGt1w1I
View Quote

Ouch. Glad he’s okay, he’s young enough he still bounces versus going squish..
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wasn’t on F1TV - what channel are you watching?
View Quote

French pay Tv canalsat
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB_cHGt1w1I
View Quote

Well, don't they say if you can walk away, it's still a good landing?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#28]
All I want from this race if Alonso on the podium..

Think it’s possible?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Damn he tried
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Ugh KMag
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#31]
LEC going to kill is tires trying to pass Max but he has to try something try Max will walk off again.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Explain to me the starting grid? Wasn't the sprint race supposed to set position? I was on the road Friday so haven't been following this race closely. Perez got screwed by the track limits from friday?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Ferrari should let saint through and try
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Hulk dropping like a stone. The race pace of that Haas is so bad.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ferrari should let saint through and try
View Quote

They should but they won't.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Stupid Ferrari making the wrong call again.

That or they know sainz has no chance anyway and want to preserve leclerc morale
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Ferrari doing Ferrari things
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Come on Norris
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Hulk F
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn, Hulk out
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#41]
HULK!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Incompetent Vasseur.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#43]
The virtual safety car coming AFTER some drivers already passed the pit lane is a real shame
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Well done ferrari ! Brilliant.

You just fucked sainz
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Hamilton 5 sec penalty lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Ferrari suck so bad. I know Ferrari is Ferrari but I just don't know why anyone would want to race for them. That team is poison.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Sainz in beast mode today but Verstappen is just too fast for anyone else today
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Shit I thought the race started later
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Lewis complaining about track limits is rich
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Max losing a second a lap, needs to pit
Page / 248
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top