Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy did Robinson have to sign with the fuckin rams? Packers now? Falcons? Why the rams……
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
[Demovsky] Per a source, the Packers we're willing to pay Adams equally to what the Raiders are with this new deal but Adams preferred to play elsewhere. Aaron Rodgers was aware of the developments with Adams as they unfolded in recent days.
View Quote

I guess Adams figured if the Packers choked the past two seasons (#1 seed with the MVP QB and they couldn’t even reach the Super Bowl going one and done to a team that didn’t even score an offensive TD) then it’s unlikely they’d be able get it done next season.  And if you’re going to be a ringless 29 year old who is famous and just signed a $140M contract instead of living in a frozen Mayberry it’d be better to live in Vegas.  Or pretty much anywhere else for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Broncos: Russell Wilson, DJ Jones, Randy Gregory

Chargers: JC Jackson, Khalil Mack

Raiders: Davante Adams, Chandler Jones

Chiefs: …
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Chiefs: … PatBritJack Mahomes
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

These guys are all stunned but 'Rodgers knew all along'.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lol WOW

who’s more mad, packers fans or Bass!?
View Quote

This trade is an oddity, but it's the big picture that's getting frustrating.

First and foremost, the Chiefs are failing to handle business internally. Extensions for Hill and Brown were very clear cut items on the to-do list. Both should have been done a month + ago. As of right now, neither are done, and the price tags are going up. Hill in particular is going to cost much more than he would have this time last week.

The Chiefs went into this offseason with an iffy roster and lots of holes to fill, and so far, they haven't addressed any of them. Charvarious Ward is a significant loss. Bryon Pringle isn't exactly a household name, but he was a big ST piece, and he was the only work horse WR behind Hill, and he is now gone. It doesn't look like Ingram is coming back, either. Meanwhile, as the roster gets worse, the available building blocks are dropping out of the market and it really feels like they are almost exclusively going to AFC playoff caliber teams.

All that, and this is who they are facing this season:

And you know what the tone deaf media dorks posted tonight?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I mean, last offseasons drama was about involving Rodgers more in these decisions... And we all assumed their fates were tied together, so it would make sense for him to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys are all stunned but 'Rodgers knew all along'.

I mean, last offseasons drama was about involving Rodgers more in these decisions... And we all assumed their fates were tied together, so it would make sense for him to know.

Hmm.

I wonder if Adams was signaling he wanted to leave, Rodgers thought to himself, "Do I really want like 1 or 2 rebuilding years at this stage in my career? Do I really think Gute and Co. can get out of cap hell AND get weapons? yikes.."
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#12]
[Schultz] #Raiders have submitted an offer for 5x Pro Bowl FA CB Stephon Gilmore, per source.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Well, Atlanta and New Orleans are both Democratic shitholes, so presumably, they're used to it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:40:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, Atlanta and New Orleans are both Democratic shitholes, so presumably, they're used to it.
View Quote
All Watson has to do is come out big in favor of BLM.  Wokeness is a hierarchy of victimhood, and black trumps woman every time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:00:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Has there ever been a 10 day non-draft period where the #2, #3, and #4 teams in a division improved (at least on paper) THIS much?
View Quote

I can't recall a crazier free agency period in the past decade. Or the past EVER.

The AFC west alone is enough action for any given year.

This is madness.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:20:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I can't recall a crazier free agency period in the past decade. Or the past EVER.

This is madness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has there ever been a 10 day non-draft period where the #2, #3, and #4 teams in a division improved (at least on paper) THIS much?

This is madness.

Even the Redskins traded for a QB with a Super Bowl ring*.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:01:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm disappointed by losing Adams, but there wasn't going to be room in the cap for him. Hopefully use those picks to either get a veteran, draft a couple receivers, or both. Not Julio Jones.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder what AJ Green is asking for.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:24:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm disappointed by losing Adams, but there wasn't going to be room in the cap for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm disappointed by losing Adams, but there wasn't going to be room in the cap for him.

So you think Rob Demovsky is lying?

Quoted:
[Demovsky] Per a source, the Packers we're willing to pay Adams equally to what the Raiders are with this new deal but Adams preferred to play elsewhere.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
[Demovsky] Per a source, the Packers we're willing to pay Adams equally to what the Raiders are with this new deal but Adams preferred to play elsewhere.

So you think it would be smart to pay a 30 year old WR 28 million a year?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:28:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wonder what AJ Green is asking for.
View Quote

A better memory and/or listening skills.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:34:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Whether or not it would be smart (I don’t think it would be) is a separate issue from whether or not the Packers had cap room.  Demovsky has been covering the Packers since the 90’s and he says according to his “source” the Packers were willing to pay Adams what the Raiders did, but Adams wanted to leave.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#24]
22 overall
28 overall
53 overall
59 overall

That's a pretty solid roster of picks. Now should the Pack try and package them and move up, or draft 4 players?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Last summer

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Courting Watson so heavily doesn't seem prudent to me. If the Falcons trade Ryan and Watson becomes the new QB then is suspended 6-8 games due to the civil suits who do they have to replace him for those games?  Looks to me like they are willing to give away too much to get someone who hasn't played for over a year and has a big black cloud hanging over his head.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
22 overall
28 overall
53 overall
59 overall

That's a pretty solid roster of picks. Now should the Pack try and package them and move up, or draft 4 players?
View Quote
For a team so focused on the draft and develop method, it's like Christmas to have 4 picks in the first 2 days. It'll be fun to see what gutekunst does with them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I still can’t believe the Falcons turned into this much of a dumpster fire pretty much over night.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Championship teams are very rarely built through free agency.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Courting Watson so heavily doesn't seem prudent to me. If the Falcons trade Ryan and Watson becomes the new QB then is suspended 6-8 games due to the civil suits who do they have to replace him for those games?  Looks to me like they are willing to give away too much to get someone who hasn't played for over a year and has a big black cloud hanging over his head.
View Quote

It doesn’t make sense at all. They aren’t a QB away from winning it all. They are 2-3 years of drafts and free agency from being a competitive team. Trading away premium picks on talent void roster is baffling.

There’s no way this trade makes the Falcons a better team. It just starts the rebuild process all over with a handicap of losing picks and possibly players to get a QB making just as much as the one they already have on the roster.

Ok well, I guess they rebuild through free agency like the Jags.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#32]
[Rapoport] From @GMFB: The #Bucs continue to be active, signing another old friend of Tom Brady's. Sources say former #Giants captain Logan Ryan has agreed to terms with Tampa, giving them a leader in the secondary. Ryan won two Super Bowls with Brady and the Patriots

[Dov Kleiman] The best part about Logan Ryan signing with the Bucs? they basically get Logan Ryan for free. He has about $5 million left from his contract with the #Giants that is offset so the Bucs can just sign him to a 1-year deal worth the minimum and get a starting Safety.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 2022 season will be a throw-away anyways. Calvin Ridley is already suspended for the whole year.  They barely have the cap space to field a team and will eat $40 million in dead money by trading Ryan.  They are also still dealing with dead money from Julio.  Next year, they will have over $120 million to play with in free agency.  This move is for the future; not for 2022.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#34]
[Anderson] Not in a million years did I see Matt Ryan's exit being like this. But here we are. Franchise legend. Great leader, never points the finger, honest to a fault, exemplary human. Recognized inner city initiatives and helped fund those for the community in ATL. Good dude
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

So another F you to Ryan? Man guess they are all about winning hearts and minds.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The 2022 season will be a throw-away anyways. Calvin Ridley is already suspended for the whole year.  They barely have the cap space to field a team and will eat $40 million in dead money by trading Ryan.  They are also still dealing with dead money from Julio.  Next year, they will have over $120 million to play with in free agency.  This move is for the future; not for 2022.
View Quote

Any trade of Ryan will likely have to be post June 1st. That saves them $15m on the cap hit. Then Watson gets suspended, the team loses a bunch of games, and you just gave the Texans a top pick in a draft with multiple QB prospects.

The smarter move would be just to trade Ryan. Tank the season and use your own pick to draft a QB and get him on his rookie contract with all that cap space.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I guess Adams figured if the Packers choked the past two seasons (#1 seed with the MVP QB and they couldn’t even reach the Super Bowl going one and done to a team that didn’t even score an offensive TD) then it’s unlikely they’d be able get it done next season.  And if you’re going to be a ringless 29 year old who is famous and just signed a $140M contract instead of living in a frozen Mayberry it’d be better to live in Vegas.  Or pretty much anywhere else for that matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Demovsky] Per a source, the Packers we're willing to pay Adams equally to what the Raiders are with this new deal but Adams preferred to play elsewhere. Aaron Rodgers was aware of the developments with Adams as they unfolded in recent days.

Lol, watch Adams just disappear next year, like every other receiver who leaves green bay and Rodgers.  Greg Jennings part 2.  So predictable.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So another F you to Ryan? Man guess they are all about winning hearts and minds.
View Quote

If Ryan doesn’t walk away with grace so a Black QB can take his place then he’s just another white nationalist.

Obvious sarcasm aside I still can’t figure out WTF they are thinking with this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
[Anderson] Not in a million years did I see Matt Ryan's exit being like this. But here we are. Franchise legend. Great leader, never points the finger, honest to a fault, exemplary human. Recognized inner city initiatives and helped fund those for the community in ATL. Good dude
View Quote

I agree with all of that. What bothers me the most is what I mentioned a few pages back, it seems like having a black QB in Atlanta is more important than anything else. All the optics and injustices be damned.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Watson to Atlanta was a done deal yesterday.  The delayed announcement (and delayed bonus payout) is to allow time to work out a trade for Matt.  There are multiple teams interested, and the Falcons are trying to send Matt to his desired destination.

To those that think this trade makes no sense for the Falcons, I strongly disagree.  

It will take a couple of years for the Falcons to rebuild, wasting Matt Ryan's remaining years.  By the time that they build a competitive team, they will be looking for a new QB.  QB is the toughest position to draft.  How many wasted 1st round picks on the next franchise QB have turned into busts?  This not only waste draft capital, but also 3 years for each miss.  Falcons get a better QB that is ten years younger than Matt.  This gives you a lot more runways to rebuild the team.

Blank is tired of looking at a half empty stadium.  A new QB fills seats; especially a black QB in Atlanta.  While it shouldn't matter, it does in ATL.  Mike Vick is still a hero there, even though Matt Ryan was 10 time better.

Also, DW is a hometown kid, friend of Arthur Blank, former Falcon ball boy.  His family was given a Warrick Dunn foundation home when he was 11.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey Matt, you've been a stand up member of the team and the community, but the first chance we get to toss you to the curb for a guy who wants his bum fingered and should be suspended, we're going to do it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Watson to Atlanta was a done deal yesterday.  The delayed announcement (and delayed bonus payout) is to allow time to work out a trade for Matt.  There are multiple teams interested, and the Falcons are trying to send Matt to his desired destination.

Blank is tired of looking at a half empty stadium.  A new QB fills seats; especially a black QB in Atlanta.  While it shouldn't matter, it does in ATL.  Mike Vick is still a hero there, even though Matt Ryan was 10 time better.
View Quote
I agree with all of this. Atlanta will likely have the easiest time selling Watson (accused of sexually assaulting two dozen women) to their fan base of any team in the league.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Good news for HK, although it is only a single year.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rams, bucs, pats are a few teams that may beg to differ.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#45]
David Ojabo collapsed at Michigan pro day clutching his left leg. Likely lost millions as a result
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're both wrong.

There's no way to take nothing and turn it into a Super Bowl champion in a single season.

Bucs had most of the pieces already in place. Defense was complete, had Godwin and Evans already. Already had the offensive line built. They brought in Brady who brought in Gronk and Fournette, and that was enough to get it done.

Rams drafted Donald, brought in Ramsey, drafted Kupp, brought in OBJ and Woods. Spread out over multiple years as well.

The league is designed for parity, but it is still a process, and Champions typically win on all fronts, at the right time, for everything to align. Draft, free agency, trades, even UFA's/walk ons.

The closest to an all-drafted Super Bowl team (in recent history) that I can think of would be the Seahawks. Their 2010-2012 drafts may have been one of the single greatest 3 year draft stretches of all time. But even then, Marshawn came via Buffalo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You're both wrong.

There's no way to take nothing and turn it into a Super Bowl champion in a single season.

Bucs had most of the pieces already in place. Defense was complete, had Godwin and Evans already. Already had the offensive line built. They brought in Brady who brought in Gronk and Fournette, and that was enough to get it done.

Rams drafted Donald, brought in Ramsey, drafted Kupp, brought in OBJ and Woods. Spread out over multiple years as well.

The league is designed for parity, but it is still a process, and Champions typically win on all fronts, at the right time, for everything to align. Draft, free agency, trades, even UFA's/walk ons.

The closest to an all-drafted Super Bowl team (in recent history) that I can think of would be the Seahawks. Their 2010-2012 drafts may have been one of the single greatest 3 year draft stretches of all time. But even then, Marshawn came via Buffalo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're both wrong.

Rams haven't and won’t have a first round pick for a decade. Yes you do have to draft pieces but they also poached a ton of talent.

Bucs also got JPP, Suh and other pieces in FA.

Your boy bill has been grabbing talent from around the league for years, they just got lucky enough to draft TB12.

So everyone is right and wrong ??
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh stop.  As a lifelong Falcons fan, I love Matt Ryan.  He is the best QB in franchise history and represented the organization with nothing but class.  He is also a professional, and knew that his days were numbered in ATL when they got a new GM and head coach and were forced to rebuild due to over-extended cap hits (his included).

The Falcons aren't screwing over Matt Ryan.  They reportedly could have pulled the trigger on a deal yesterday, but have delayed the process in order to give the team that Matt prefers to be traded to more time to work it out.

If Matt winds up winning a championship in Philly (his home town) instead of closing out his career by getting killed behind a rebuilding Falcons offensive line, is that an "F you to Ryan"?
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top