Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Falcons aren't screwing over Matt Ryan.  They reportedly could have pulled the trigger on a deal yesterday, but have delayed the process in order to give the team that Matt prefers to be traded to more time to work it out.
View Quote
And to avoid paying a $7.5M roster bonus...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Some big names still unsigned:
Bobby Wagner
Terron Armstead
Tyrann Mathieu
Stephon Gilmore
Odell Beckham, Jr.
La'el Collins
Jarvis Landry
Za'Darius Smith
Jameis Winston
Calais Campbell
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Who’s this guy on GMF? Is he a former player?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who's this guy on GMF? Is he a former player?
View Quote
Nate Burleson left. Now the hosts are Kay Adams, Kyle Brandt and Peter Schrager. Neither Kyle/Peter played in the NFL. All of their regular analysts are former players though.

Edit: Photo didn't load for me the first time, that's Shaun O'Hara, yes, player. Giants Super Bowl team.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Florio over on PFT is saying that the Seahawks reached out to the Broncos first due to Wilson's request.

"The fact that this did not leak ... we had a month of negotiations between John [Schneider] and I and it didn't leak. It's a credit to John and a credit to the Seahawks, the Broncos, and Russ and his team," Broncos G.M. George Paton said Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
So all you stats/rankings/etc. guys....where are the Bills trending now with their recent adds?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And to avoid paying a $7.5M roster bonus...
View Quote

Well it is a roster bonus, and he won't be on the roster.  

Matt would have had to agree to pushing the bonus date back, so it was obviously in his best interest to do so.  

In hockey, trading vets to playoff teams is viewed as doing them a favor.  I prefer to view trading Matt in the same way.  The window for him to win a Super Bowl in ATL is over.  He deserves to win one though, so hopefully this gives him another chance.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So all you stats/rankings/etc. guys....where are the Bills trending now with their recent adds?
View Quote
Von Miller move was big, and was structured to effectively be about 3 years at $17M a year. This alone would be enough to celebrate free agency.

OJ Howard was a solid pick up at a really reasonable price due to his injury history. If he can stay healthy, then this was an excellent signing.

They have signed three defensive tackles so they are building some pass rusher depth for sure.

McKissic not turning around and going back to Washington would have been better. He would have been a good pick up at a good price.

So far you would have to grade them at an A or B in free agency.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Ron Rivera confident in new Commanders QB Carson Wentz, "You have questions, I don't."
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
@TacticalGarand44

SI's new mock has Christian Watson sliding down outside the top 50 to 55. I think he will still slide a little further as all the pro-days progress. Still thinking he's a 3rd round pick. Not a bad place to go though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@TacticalGarand44

SI's new mock has Christian Watson sliding down outside the top 50 to 55. I think he will still slide a little further as all the pro-days progress. Still thinking he's a 3rd round pick. Not a bad place to go though.
View Quote

That's okay. I'd rather he go to a good fit that needs him and can develop him than a max draft position reach. He still has work to do on his hands.

I wouldn't be sorry if he ended up in Green Bay with their second second round pick. With that speed and size there's not a corner in the League that wants to see him lined up, provided he's schemed well.

I saw a mock draft the other day (don't remember where) that had him going in the first round to the Chiefs. I think not.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Von Miller move was big, and was structured to effectively be about 3 years at $17M a year. This alone would be enough to celebrate free agency.

OJ Howard was a solid pick up at a really reasonable price due to his injury history. If he can stay healthy, then this was an excellent signing.

They have signed three defensive tackles so they are building some pass rusher depth for sure.

McKissic not turning around and going back to Washington would have been better. He would have been a good pick up at a good price.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#15]
There might be some positives to the Adams trade for GB.  A-a-ron does tend to throw it to Adams when he gets rattled, despite being double or triple covered.  If you surround A-a-ron with all mediocre receivers, maybe he'll throw it to the open guy?  

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There might be some positives to the Adams trade for GB.  A-a-ron does tend to throw it to Adams when he gets rattled, despite being double or triple covered.  If you surround A-a-ron with all mediocre receivers, maybe he'll throw it to the open guy?  

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nate Burleson left. Now the hosts are Kay Adams, Kyle Brandt and Peter Schrager. Neither Kyle/Peter played in the NFL. All of their regular analysts are former players though.

Edit: Photo didn't load for me the first time, that's Shaun O'Hara, yes, player. Giants Super Bowl team.
View Quote

Oh that sucks.  I liked Nate, they all seemed to have good chemistry.  I've know Brandt from his Jim Rome days.  I kept looking for a name on the screen but they never put it up.  Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oh that sucks.  I liked Nate, they all seemed to have good chemistry.
View Quote
He signed a deal to be on the CBS Morning Show, or whatever they call it now. He's gone big time generic mass media.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

When they lost to the 49ers despite SF never scoring an offensive TD wasn’t Rodger’s last pass trying to force the ball to Adams who was doubled when another WR was open for a first down in the middle of the field?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh that sucks.  I liked Nate, they all seemed to have good chemistry.  I've know Brandt from his Jim Rome days.  I kept looking for a name on the screen but they never put it up.  Thanks,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fan of Nate “I use to play football” Burleson!

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A fan of Nate “I use to play football” Burleson!

https://media4.giphy.com/media/7vlB0CU2BEs7e/200.gif
View Quote

Lmao...I only vaguley remember his name as a player.  But once Brandt left Rome, GMFB seemed a little fresher than the other football morning shows.  I was channel surfing at my desk and stopped on ESPN...it was a mexican woman and a black woman talking football.  Guess I'll listen to music the rest of the day.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This pleases me
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

When they lost to the 49ers despite SF never scoring an offensive TD wasn't Rodger's last pass trying to force the ball to Adams who was doubled when another WR was open for a first down in the middle of the field?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they lost to the 49ers despite SF never scoring an offensive TD wasn't Rodger's last pass trying to force the ball to Adams who was doubled when another WR was open for a first down in the middle of the field?

MVS in the center. Equanimeous St. Brown was on the left side of the field, running a similar route as Adams, but in single coverage, also had a step and would have been a better target.

Edit: Just went and rewatched the play. Rodgers was looking Adams from the snap. When he loads up the bomb, he is not under pressure at all, line is holding, MVS has just made his cut, St Brown is about to clear the safety on his side, Adams still has the corner and safety in front of him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJxi3c_WUAAvgEQ?format=jpg&name=small
MVS in the center. Equanimeous St. Brown was on the left side of the field, running a similar route as Adams, but in single coverage, also had a step and would have been a better target.
View Quote

Rodgers was having an off night ok?  Probably not enough healing crystals and cleansing enemas.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#25]

I still think Winston is a good fit for the Seahawks offense... /shrug
He could fill in for a year if they plan on taking Malik  in the draft and then make the switch in 2023.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Rodgers was having an off night ok?  Probably not enough healing crystals and cleansing enemas.
View Quote
Excellent point. His last Indian enema cleanse was reportedly in February/March of 2021... So it had been like 10 months. Needed another oil change.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Edit: Just went and rewatched the play. Rodgers was looking Adams from the snap. When he loads up the bomb, he is not under pressure at all, line is holding, MVS has just made his cut, St Brown is about to clear the safety on his side, Adams still has the corner and safety in front of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the exact play I was thinking of.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would appear to the untrained eye that Rodgers choked big time in that game, but I’ve been assured he’s blameless and the loss was entirely the fault of the special teams.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Championship teams are very rarely built through free agency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Broncos: Russell Wilson, DJ Jones, Randy Gregory

Chargers: JC Jackson, Khalil Mack

Raiders: Davante Adams, Chandler Jones

Chiefs: …

Championship teams are very rarely built through free agency.

That's fine and dandy, but bottom line is that the rest of the division has gotten MUCH better while the Chiefs are going backwards.

The Chiefs have a major need for good, starter quality players at RT, DE, WR, and CB. They have additional needs for quality depth players at WR, RB, S, and LB.

If they're lucky, they'll get 2-3 year one starters in the draft. The rest of those guys have to come from somewhere...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Davante Adams' yearly average is higher than 21 other teams have invested in their entire receiving corps' (at the moment).
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Davante Adams' yearly average is higher than 21 other teams have invested in their entire receiving corps' (at the moment).
View Quote

$28.25M (average) for the next 5 years for a WR that turns 30 next season.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have his guarantees and specifics been reported?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://i.gifer.com/URoP.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.gifer.com/URoP.gif
Still waiting to see the final numbers. Guarantees, signing bonus, structure, incentives, etc, etc, etc.

Edit:
Quoted:
No...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$67.5M.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

$67.5M.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$67.5M.

That's far from $28 a year for five years. I wonder how close he'll get to that top dollar.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's far from $28 a year for five years. I wonder how close he'll get to that top dollar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$67.5M.

There's also "guarantees" and then there are "guarantees". How much is guaranteed at signing and how much becomes guaranteed at certain dates, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$67.5M.

Yeah, the guaranteed amount is surprisingly reasonable.  It seems like he could have gotten more.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
22 overall
28 overall
53 overall
59 overall

That's a pretty solid roster of picks. Now should the Pack try and package them and move up, or draft 4 players?
View Quote

Draft 3-4. Word is the depth of this draft is good.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Lol, watch Adams just disappear next year, like every other receiver who leaves green bay and Rodgers.  Greg Jennings part 2.  So predictable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Demovsky] Per a source, the Packers we're willing to pay Adams equally to what the Raiders are with this new deal but Adams preferred to play elsewhere. Aaron Rodgers was aware of the developments with Adams as they unfolded in recent days.

I guess Adams figured if the Packers choked the past two seasons (#1 seed with the MVP QB and they couldn’t even reach the Super Bowl going one and done to a team that didn’t even score an offensive TD) then it’s unlikely they’d be able get it done next season.  And if you’re going to be a ringless 29 year old who is famous and just signed a $140M contract instead of living in a frozen Mayberry it’d be better to live in Vegas.  Or pretty much anywhere else for that matter.

Lol, watch Adams just disappear next year, like every other receiver who leaves green bay and Rodgers.  Greg Jennings part 2.  So predictable.

Jennings, Nelson, Walker, etc...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I hope the Packers trade up in the first to draft a QB.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Considering how poor of a draft it is for quarterbacks, people would lose their god damn minds. I like it. Do it for chaos.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jesus.  Settle down there satan.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's exactly what happens when Adams is hurt.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#44]
From the TB Times, Bucs QB coach Clyde Christensen, speaking about Brady's phone call after un-retiring:

"It felt like the morning after we had just lost to the Rams. He had a list. He said, 'Here's how we can be better.' I think he had been out of retirement 12 hours or so by then. The first thing he said was he didn't want to go out that way. He wanted to make sure we do everything to win it all next year."

"I think he couldn't picture himself not playing football. He's a football player. The problem is he's a football player at the top of his game. That's the bottom line."

The timing [of his un-retirement], however, wasn't coincidental. He announced he was coming back on the eve of the free-agent negotiating period. Brady knew his decision would have a positive impact on retaining players.

A few hours after Brady elected to return, center Ryan Jensen signed a three-year, $39 million contract. The Bucs retained cornerback Carlton Davis and guard Aaron Stinnie, and receiver Chris Godwin signed a three-year $60 million contract. They also landed Falcons free-agent receiver Russell Gage and Giants safety Logan Ryan. All wanted a chance to play with the future Hall of Fame quarterback.

"I do think probably with coming back so quick was him trying to beat free agency so you can assemble a team around him," Christensen said. "So you had a chance."

Lot more at the article: https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2022/03/18/why-tom-brady-returned-to-the-bucs/
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#46]

#1 off the board for Jags? Safe pick. Aidan did cut his pro-day short, after hearing what happened to Ojabo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#47]

This is amusing for a couple reasons. A: Seahawks in full tank. B: He complained in Cinci, was traded to the Hawks, Cinci went to a Super Bowl, Hawks cut him.

They save around $5M on the cap if it is a June designation.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Yikes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yikes.
View Quote

Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top