BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are 1st round contracts typically fully guaranteed?
View Quote
Last year they all were. The year before it was 28 of them and the remainder were guaranteed for 3 years. I imagine they will all be guaranteed again this year and from now on since last year set the precedent.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
While cleaning out some old stuff I found this gem.

#4 and #5 were so horrifically wrong that they should both count as two losses each.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why does he make it sound like this was a huge contract negotiation? All the totals are already set by the NFL. The only discussion to be had is arranging the signing bonus/cap numbers/language.
View Quote

Because it’s Adam Schefter.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Because it's Adam Schefter.
View Quote
It's 100% a shill post. Blowing smoke for Rosenhaus and the Eagles execs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Dak's cap hit this year is just $26.8M, but with a $89M deadcap.
Next year he is due just $34M in cash with a $59.5M cap hit, but with a $62M deadcap due to $27.4M still on the book from his signing bonus and an additional $35.5M in restructured bonus.
If he completes the final 2 seasons on his contract, there would still be another $36.5M in deadcap sitting on void years.

Cowboys really hoping he performs well in 2023 and signs a reasonable extension/restructure next off-season.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's Adam Schefter.

“BREAKING NEWS: David_ESM was the first ARFCOMMER in the NFL thread to reach an agreement to submit his 2022 taxes, per source.  Deal negotiated by Andrew Andrews, Matthew Matthews, and Michael Michaels with IRS officials Joe Blow, John Doe, and Rusty Shackleford.”
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I kept saying wait for the numbers. Lamar's $260M deal only contains $135M guaranteed at signing. It's actually only $2M more than the initial offer that was reported months ago ($133M).

Lamar ended up taking what was essentially (less than 5% variation in all the total numbers) the exact same deal that had been available to him since last off-season. The only thing he gained was the prestige of just inching ahead of Jalen Hurts in yearly value and a higher signing bonus (which is already included in the guaranteed money anyways).
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#10]
According to an anonymous NFL General Manager, who spoke with Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post, Bill Belichick traded down with the Steelers, "just to fuck the Jets."

"They [the Steelers] should have had to give up a third and not a fourth to move up there. ... Belichick did it just to fuck the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take."

The Jets ended up taking Will McDonald IV at 15, a spot much higher than most teams had him projected. Speaking about that selection, the GM said, "I think the trade totally blindsided them. They were scrambling."

From a personnel executive from a mid-1st round team, "Bill will try to screw them [the Jets] over any chance he gets. He knew exactly what he was doing."

Jason La Canfora: It did not take a rocket scientist to realize that the Jets, after acquiring the now-plodding Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers last week, had some major issues along the offensive line and that protecting him would be a premium objective. Several evaluators through the draft process identified Jones as potentially the best offensive line prospect; I was among those who had originally mocked him to the Jets at No. 13.

That selection, however, was part of the compensation the Jets used to acquire Rodgers - they paid a price far steeper than any other team would have considered - and in the end it cost them the chance to get Jones, whom they coveted.

The Jets took offensive linemen with their next two picks, which came in the second and fourth rounds. With little out there on the free agent market, we'll see if Rodgers's blind-side - or front-side - protection becomes a cause of concern in New York.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
According to an anonymous NFL General Manager, who spoke with Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post, Bill Belichick traded down with the Steelers, "just to fuck the Jets."

"They [the Steelers] should have had to give up a third and not a fourth to move up there. ... Belichick did it just to fuck the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take."

The Jets ended up taking Will McDonald IV at 15, a spot much higher than most teams had him projected. Speaking about that selection, the GM said, "I think the trade totally blindsided them. They were scrambling."

From a personnel executive from a mid-1st round team, "Bill will try to screw them [the Jets] over any chance he gets. He knew exactly what he was doing."

Jason La Canfora: It did not take a rocket scientist to realize that the Jets, after acquiring the now-plodding Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers last week, had some major issues along the offensive line and that protecting him would be a premium objective. Several evaluators through the draft process identified Jones as potentially the best offensive line prospect; I was among those who had originally mocked him to the Jets at No. 13.

That selection, however, was part of the compensation the Jets used to acquire Rodgers - they paid a price far steeper than any other team would have considered - and in the end it cost them the chance to get Jones, whom they coveted.

The Jets took offensive linemen with their next two picks, which came in the second and fourth rounds. With little out there on the free agent market, we'll see if Rodgers's blind-side - or front-side - protection becomes a cause of concern in New York.

View Quote

I love still seeing Bill fuck the Jets..
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Morons...

Two USC journalism students covering the NFL draft were arrested while boarding a plane back to Los Angeles for the theft of more than $1,000 worth of first round draft pick jerseys.

Video surveillance captured the two students entering restricted draft areas at 1:20 a.m. last Friday. They were recorded entering the "talent waiting room" and then leaving with a "fuller" bag. Three jerseys were discovered missing from the room. The jerseys were the 1st round selection jerseys belonging to the 49ers, Cowboys and Vikings.

"These jerseys are used to give to players selected in the first round of the NFL draft and have a very sentimental meaning," wrote Kansas City police Det. Craig Leach in a police report. Police searched the students' baggage and found the Cowboys and 49ers jerseys, according to the probable cause statement form filed by police. The missing Vikings jersey was not mentioned among the recovered items.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
They aren't wrong
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Morons...

Two USC journalism students covering the NFL draft were arrested while boarding a plane back to Los Angeles for the theft of more than $1,000 worth of first round draft pick jerseys.

Video surveillance captured the two students entering restricted draft areas at 1:20 a.m. last Friday. They were recorded entering the "talent waiting room" and then leaving with a "fuller" bag. Three jerseys were discovered missing from the room. The jerseys were the 1st round selection jerseys belonging to the 49ers, Cowboys and Vikings.

"These jerseys are used to give to players selected in the first round of the NFL draft and have a very sentimental meaning," wrote Kansas City police Det. Craig Leach in a police report. Police searched the students' baggage and found the Cowboys and 49ers jerseys, according to the probable cause statement form filed by police. The missing Vikings jersey was not mentioned among the recovered items.
View Quote

I guess maybe they just threw away the Vikings jersey.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kind of funny, but you have to admit, it's a little wacky how much he hates them. I'd like to know what they did to piss him off so much. Did they take pics of him in the shower or something? Kill his dog? Did the owner sleep with Bill's wife? What was it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#18]
If you're bored and miss football here's one of greatest comebacks I've ever seen.

Dolphins vs. Ravens INSANE Ending: Dolphins Make Wild 21-Point Comeback!

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dak's cap hit this year is just $26.8M, but with a $89M deadcap.
Next year he is due just $34M in cash with a $59.5M cap hit, but with a $62M deadcap due to $27.4M still on the book from his signing bonus and an additional $35.5M in restructured bonus.
If he completes the final 2 seasons on his contract, there would still be another $36.5M in deadcap sitting on void years.

Cowboys really hoping he performs well in 2023 and signs a reasonable extension/restructure next off-season.
View Quote

Dak isn’t signing any thing “reasonable”.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you're bored and miss football here's one of greatest comebacks I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-K_YZXPkq4
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Here you go

"The Comeback" (Oilers vs. Bills 1992 AFC Wild Card)
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck bro, how old do you think I am?  
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
oops. Weird double.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I gave up at halftime and went to get  a sub.
Didn't have anything better to do so I turned the game back on while I ate it.
Nice accident!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nice accident!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice accident!
it was a really fun second half to watch. I almost turned it off at halftime and I'm so glad I didn't.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#25]
No.  The "comeback" starts at 28-3.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I guess maybe they just threw away the Vikings jersey.
View Quote

Lol.. they weren't willing to risk doing time for those.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Here's something a little more recent...f'n Jags!

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Maybe he should be suspended to start this season for posting while on crack. A membership says he doesn't break 3.5K yards.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Dak isn’t signing any thing “reasonable”.
View Quote

Yup, Jerry is going to overpay.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Here's something a little more recent...f'n Jags!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssT--WaJ2A
View Quote

Great game.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Nah, Steelers comeback against the Bengals in the closing minutes was the best, epic and puzzling.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nah, Steelers comeback against the Bengals in the closing minutes was the best, epic and puzzling.
View Quote

Epic in it's ugliness..TJ Watt playing out of his mind, Burrow was not that far removed from an appendectomy...and McPherson choking on a chip shot.

Best part for the AFC North, Pittsburgh has been making all the right moves this offseason.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Some crazy guy got paid..
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Some crazy guy got paid..
View All Quotes

Almost as much as the +2000 bet on the Vikings’ comeback against the Colts.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No.  The "comeback" starts at 28-3.  
View All Quotes

Wondered how long that would take
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nice accident!
View Quote

I was mowing through some (chicken) fingers while my dad and grandad were yelling at the TV. Contrary to popular belief, they were not at the game....
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#39]

"We're going to rely on our coaches - Jim Caldwell, Frank Reich, Thomas Brown - to decide when it's right," Fitterer said. "We don't have a timeline. We're not saying, 'Hey, this guy's gonna start the first game or we're not going to play him at all this year.' When the time is right or we felt like he's got enough of a mastery of the offense where he can go out and operate this and be successful, that's when he'll be out there."

"We went out and signed Andy Dalton for a reason. He played as a rookie. He's got a lot of experience. He understands his role and he can play good football. If Andy's the guy to start the season, and he's the starter right now heading into the season, then he'll be the guy. When Bryce is ready or Matt Corral is ready whoever it may be, that'll be the time they go in. We say it's open competition, but Frank did say, 'Hey, Andy's he's our guy right now. He'll walk into the season as the starter and then as you know, the young guys compete underneath him, then they'll go in when they're ready."

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"We're going to rely on our coaches - Jim Caldwell, Frank Reich, Thomas Brown - to decide when it's right," Fitterer said. "We don't have a timeline. We're not saying, 'Hey, this guy's gonna start the first game or we're not going to play him at all this year.' When the time is right or we felt like he's got enough of a mastery of the offense where he can go out and operate this and be successful, that's when he'll be out there."

"We went out and signed Andy Dalton for a reason. He played as a rookie. He's got a lot of experience. He understands his role and he can play good football. If Andy's the guy to start the season, and he's the starter right now heading into the season, then he'll be the guy. When Bryce is ready or Matt Corral is ready whoever it may be, that'll be the time they go in. We say it's open competition, but Frank did say, 'Hey, Andy's he's our guy right now. He'll walk into the season as the starter and then as you know, the young guys compete underneath him, then they'll go in when they're ready."

View Quote

If Andy Dalton starts 6+ games for the Panthers next season that will make 5 seasons in a row in which he started 6+ games for 5 different teams.

That has to be a record for a QB, right?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-K_YZXPkq4

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/87D543F5-C33B-475C-95CD-45D86133DAC9-476.gif

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1lgLXsO2Ag

Attachment Attached File

I almost turned it off when the Oilers scored in the second half, I told my wife one more drive to see what happens and then I started to billieve.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If Andy Dalton starts 6+ games for the Panthers next season that will make 5 seasons in a row in which he started 6+ games for 5 different teams.

That has to be a record for a QB, right?
View Quote
Shit, just starting 1 game with 5 different teams in 5 consecutive seasons could be a record for all I know.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
it was a really fun second half to watch. I almost turned it off at halftime and I'm so glad I didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice accident!

How old? Im guessing Gen Z or newer based on the reading comprehension...kzin was talking about the Bills/Oiler game
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#44]
David_ESM and Clay....y'all fucking me up without your avatars..what gives? Y'all go broke or just mad at Arf? Do we need an NFL Discussion Thread GoFundMe set up to get y'alls memberships back?

Maybe H-K could make one of his value bets and gift some memberships
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
David_ESM and Clay....y'all fucking me up without your avatars..what gives? Y'all go broke or just mad at Arf? Do we need an NFL Discussion Thread GoFundMe set up to get y'alls memberships back?

View Quote
Fixed. Didn't notice it expired.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am a cheap bastard at heart.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

How? My shit went all retarded and I lost the green arrow?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't use the green arrow, I just come direct to the NFL Discussion Thread link...

I may be spending too much time in here...
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

I always scroll for your posts for stats, etc and spot by the avatar. I was ribbing you in selfishness
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#50]

I want this to be true.

Edit: File under, "How to be warmly welcomed by everyone in Philadelphia".
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top