Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am a cheap bastard at heart.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
David_ESM and Clay....y'all fucking me up without your avatars..what gives? Y'all go broke or just mad at Arf? Do we need an NFL Discussion Thread GoFundMe set up to get y'alls memberships back?

Maybe H-K could make one of his value bets and gift some memberships

Log out and log back in @ClayHollisterTT

#BillsMafia

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

#BillsMafia

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384430/FodvNWWWcAAHQnw_jpeg-2806760.JPG
View Quote

That one is so much better than the furry one from a couple pages back.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm not really sure what's going on under the hood, but this seems to track with my perception.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
So the success of the bills first round draft pick depends on getting significant production out of a tight end that can't block.

At first I thought this would mean developing a 2 tight end offense where Knox and Kincaid both get a lot of work.

But it sounds now like they're going with a simpler approach, Kincaid will just be a bigger Cole Beasley playing slot receiver.
Knox will still be the one tight end.
Since the current offense was built with Cole as a specialized slot who wasn't often expected to do wideout things it sounds very feasible.

My question is this though - has it ever worked elsewhere in the league?

Has anybody who is physically a tight end been a star while someone else played tight end?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

#BillsMafia

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
David_ESM and Clay....y'all fucking me up without your avatars..what gives? Y'all go broke or just mad at Arf? Do we need an NFL Discussion Thread GoFundMe set up to get y'alls memberships back?

#BillsMafia

Damn brother, you didn’t have to do that but it is greatly appreciated.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/56121F4B-D3ED-4C74-814D-2C47BD552A87_jpe-2806812.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#BillsMafia

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/56121F4B-D3ED-4C74-814D-2C47BD552A87_jpe-2806812.JPG

Good to see that avatar back in the wild
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Edit: So far this year, the Colts have released a Super Bowl MVP quarterback, a league MVP quarterback and drafted a quarterback 4th overall.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#BillsMafia

Many thanks to you to.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt (net worth $21.7B) has been revealed as one of the limited partners in the Josh Harris Washington Commander purchase group.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So the success of the bills first round draft pick depends on getting significant production out of a tight end that can't block.

At first I thought this would mean developing a 2 tight end offense where Knox and Kincaid both get a lot of work.

But it sounds now like they're going with a simpler approach, Kincaid will just be a bigger Cole Beasley playing slot receiver.
Since the current offense was built with Cole as a specialized slot who wasn't often expected to do wideout things it sounds very feasible.

Has anybody who is physically a tight end been a star while someone else played tight end?
View Quote

Travis Kelce to the white courtesy phone, please.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Edit: So far this year, the Colts have released a Super Bowl MVP quarterback, a league MVP quarterback and drafted a quarterback 4th overall.
View Quote

Two things I'm surprised at:

1. Matt Ryan sucking.

2. Nick Foles never finding a home in the NFL.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Minshew has now taken his spot on two different teams while also going to his old stomping ground in-between.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

But he is the one TE most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ever watch him play? He plays slot receiver almost all the time, even if he's the only "TE" on the field.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Receiving talent is the ONLY variable that will make that draft pick worth it. Good receiving talent is very valuable and expensive. Traditional TEs that focus primarily on blocking have a low value dime a dozen skill set that's not worth a top-100 draft pick.

The supplemental pass pro and downfield blocking roles that TEs often fill can also be split between TEs, RBs, and FBs depending upon the personnel grouping, on-field situation, and offensive scheme.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Aaron Hernandez.

ETA: really only had the one strong season - 900 yds and 7 TDs. Forgot that he only played 30 something games. Closest I could think of that would be a similar situation.

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Aaron Hernandez.

ETA: really only had the one strong season - 900 yds and 7 TDs. Forgot that he only played 30 something games. Closest I could think of that would be a similar situation.
View Quote

It's easy to forget the Patriots had Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez on the same team. It's not a stretch to say that if Hernandez hadn't gone off the deep end, Brady and the Patriots probably would have had another Super Bowl ring or two on top of what they ended up with.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You ever watch him play? He plays slot receiver almost all the time, even if he's the only "TE" on the field.
View Quote

Ok, that's basically what Kincaid did in college and another way to use him effectively.

But that takes Knox out of the game.
Spending the first round pick to REPLACE Knox isn't very cost effective.

If the Chiefs left Kelce in AND played a traditional in-line tight end it would be what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

1. Matt Ryan sucking.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Matt Ryan sucking.

QB Rank by QBR

25 2022
1 2016 MVP SB 28-3

Matt Ryan has been on a steady decline since 2016 when he won MVP and went to the SB where they were up 28-3 and lost. His ranking among his peers has gotten worse each season.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

QB Rank by QBR

25 2022
1 2016 MVP SB 28-3

Matt Ryan has been on a steady decline since 2016 when he won MVP and went to the SB where they were up 28-3 and lost. His ranking among his peers has gotten worse each season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Matt Ryan sucking.

QB Rank by QBR

25 2022
1 2016 MVP SB 28-3

And that’s the painful truth. A lot of people tried to blame the Falcon’s ills on everyone but Ryan, he got rattled in the SB loss and never was the same after.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

QB Rank by QBR

25 2022
1 2016 MVP SB 28-3

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Matt Ryan sucking.

QB Rank by QBR

25 2022
1 2016 MVP SB 28-3

I didn't say Matt Ryan didn't suck, I said I am surprised he did suck. Dude was a top 5 QB for many years and, as you said, he's gotten worse every year since the SB. I don't know how that happens.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvYqPNQaYAAbreK?format=png&name=900x900

I'm not really sure what's going on under the hood, but this seems to track with my perception.
View Quote
Dolphins have two of them.  Nice
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Cam Newton, on Josina Anderson's podcast

Cam said that his fashion and hair choices have hindered his job opportunities and career longevity in the NFL.

"People have hinted towards to say like, 'Cam, we want you to go back to the 2015 clean-cut Cam. But that was a different me. Right now, where I'm at, it's about embracing who I am."

"Cam, you scarin' people the way you look.' And I would say, yo, like I'm not gonna name names, but there's other quarterbacks that's in the league that don't look like me, but they got long hair. They don't scare them, do they?"

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cam Newton, on Josina Anderson's podcast

Cam said that his fashion and hair choices have hindered his job opportunities and career longevity in the NFL.

"People have hinted towards to say like, 'Cam, we want you to go back to the 2015 clean-cut Cam. But that was a different me. Right now, where I'm at, it's about embracing who I am."

"Cam, you scarin' people the way you look.' And I would say, yo, like I'm not gonna name names, but there's other quarterbacks that's in the league that don't look like me, but they got long hair. They don't scare them, do they?"

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.ba9e3675298324e94cc8d8b21d937936?rik=nUsNhh%2f6R8%2fvgg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
View Quote

What’s wrong with this?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ok, that's basically what Kincaid did in college and another way to use him effectively.

If the Chiefs left Kelce in AND played a traditional in-line tight end it would be what I'm looking for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steelers ran two tight ends at times with good success.(more of a running team for most of it)

Heath Miller and a few other teamed with him.

Current Steelers Pat friermouth and new teammate Darnell Washington will supposedly be used at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I didn't say Matt Ryan didn't suck, I said I am surprised he did suck. Dude was a top 5 QB for many years and, as you said, he's gotten worse every year since the SB. I don't know how that happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Matt Ryan sucking.

QB Rank by QBR

25 2022
1 2016 MVP SB 28-3

I realize that but it shouldn't be surprising he did suck when he's been on the decline every year since his MVP year. To be fair following up an MVP year year another two top 10 finishes isn't horrible. Its really hard to maintain a high level of play year after year. Instead of bouncing back he kept going downhill to being a basically bottom 10 starting QB when the Colt's signed him. Thats why I don't think his 2022 season was all that surprising. Finishing 25th is about right for the path he's been on.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Falcons will most likely use 2 TE packages as base this year with Pitts and Jonnu.  Heck, I could see them use 22 personnel (2 TE and 2 RB) a bunch.  With CP and Bijan both good receivers, they can go from a 22 set to 4 wide with the same personnel.  That will be fun to defend.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Falcons will most likely use 2 TE packages as base this year with Pitts and Jonnu.  Heck, I could see them use 22 personnel (2 TE and 2 RB) a bunch.  With CP and Bijan both good receivers, they can go from a 22 set to 4 wide with the same personnel.  That will be fun to defend.
View Quote

CP has been in the league a decade and has 289 career receptions. Jonnu has been in the league six years and has 169 receptions. Why are they suddenly going to become receiving threats?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Holy crap. lol

I question his longevity, but there’s no doubting his toughness or intensity.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Holy crap. lol

I question his longevity, but there’s no doubting his toughness or intensity.
View Quote

Yea, just saw that as well. Knowing his family tragedy, Id imagine that pain was nothing in comparison
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#32]
30-year-old man-child who never grew up.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Holy crap. lol

I question his longevity, but there's no doubting his toughness or intensity.[/quote

Dude is old school tough.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#34]
"Justin Fields is going to be in the MVP conversation this year because he finally has the right people around him to allow his talents to excel." - Dan Orlovsky
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Justin Fields is going to be in the MVP conversation this year because he finally has the right people around him to allow his talents to excel." - Dan Orlovsky
View Quote

Yeah and Carson Wentz is going to be mvp and a superstar.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Saturday ESPN published an article which mentioned that the Commanders may have inquired about Andrew Luck returning to the NFL and playing for them in 2022.

Saturday night Jim Irsay Tweeted, "If any NFL Team, attempted to contact Andrew Luck (or any associate of him)... to play for their Franchise - it would be a clear Violation of the League's Tampering Policy."

Now it has been confirmed that the Colts are investigating whether any tampering officially occurred.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Saturday ESPN published an article which mentioned that the Commanders may have inquired about Andrew Luck returning to the NFL and playing for them in 2022.

Saturday night Jim Irsay Tweeted, "If any NFL Team, attempted to contact Andrew Luck (or any associate of him)... to play for their Franchise - it would be a clear Violation of the League's Tampering Policy."

Now it has been confirmed that the Colts are investigating whether any tampering officially occurred.
View Quote

Huh? Is he still under contract?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
He retired while under contract. Which means he is always under contract until a deal is worked out with the Colts.

Edit: I believe he still had 3 years remaining when he retired.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Just like how the best two Detroit Lions players of all time, who preferred to retire in their early 30s rather than continue playing for the Lions, are still “under contract”
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

He obviously doesn’t have to take drug tests.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yup.

Just like how the best two Detroit Lions players of all time, who preferred to retire in their early 30s rather than continue playing for the Lions, are still “under contract”
View Quote

Stafford is playing for the Rams
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

@Hunter-Killer   Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders, right?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Correct.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Jalen Hurts contract lists the following yearly salaries:
2023: $1.01M
2024: $40.0M
2025: $42.0M
2026: $51.0M
2027: $51.0M
2028: $51.0M
2029: $99.99M (Option Year)
2030: $99.99M (Option Year)
2031: $99.99M (Option Year)
2032: $99.99M (Option Year)
2033: $99.99M (Option Year)
2034: $99.99M (Option Year)
2035: $99.99M (Option Year)

With it there is an addendum which states each option year becomes eligible after exercising a certain year's option. Example: Upon exercising the 2024 option, the 2029 option becomes eligible. Upon exercising the 2025 option, the 2030 option becomes eligible.

The $99.99M salaries are just place holders. They can be reduced. The reason they are such a high number is because they could not be increased if they were set too low (ie $10M couldn't be bumped up). Effectively this opens the door for the Eagles to continuously extend the contract (with Hurts' agreement) for up to an additional 7 seasons without doing an extension. It's called a "Discretionary Conversion Addendum".
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Schedule rumors. Reportedly the 2023 season will include the first ever Monday triple header for Christmas Day.

When Christmas fell on a Monday in 2006 and 2017 the league scheduled double headers, but this year they will bump it up due to how successful Christmas Day game ratings have been recently. The NFL did a Christmas Day triple header in 2022, but obviously that was on Sunday. Last year's Christmas Day Packers Dolphins game ended up being one of the 10 highest rated regular season games of the season.

In 2024 Christmas will skip forward to Wednesday. Might be an odd day to schedule games on
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#46]
The Eagles and Chiefs will face off in 2023. It will be the 6th time the previous Super Bowl quarterbacks faced off the following year. The last time it occurred was 2017 between Tom Brady and Matt Ryan. The Super Bowl winning quarterback has won 4 of the 5 rematches. The 1 opposing victory was Jim Kelly's win over Troy Aikman in 1993.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Orlovsky would fail epically if he did.

I like Fields but he isn't in the MVP conversation barring numerous miracles.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
NFL loves to play follow the leader. Since Jalen Hurts had a breakout year last year, everyone's now trying to pick the next Jalen Hurts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
NFL loves to play follow the leader. Since Jalen Hurts had a breakout year last year, everyone's now trying to pick the next Jalen Hurts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Orlovsky is different.

Hell, even after TG abandoned the SS Wentz, Orlovsky was STILL doing mental gymnastics to explain away Carson Wentz’s struggles.

I think the vast majority of these guys just say dumb things for clicks, but I’m starting to suspect Orlovsky just might be a moron.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Orlovsky is different.

Hell, even after TG abandoned the SS Wentz, Orlovsky was STILL doing mental gymnastics to explain away Carson Wentz’s struggles.

I think the vast majority of these guys just say dumb things for clicks, but I’m starting to suspect Orlovsky just might be a moron.
View Quote

The only QB for the longest time that ran backwards out of the end zone is a moron?

Unpossible.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top