Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There's still time for a plot twist, but as it stands right now, Trey Lance is looking like one of the very worst draft picks ever.
View Quote

Ki-Jana Carter will be hard to beat.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell say hi.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell say hi.
View Quote

Ki-Jana tore his acl on his first carry in the nfl, and did it behind the line of scrimmage without contact.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Top 10 has 7 AFC teams.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Not a bad list but I'd probably put the LA Rams in the middle class.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Stafford is still an enormous question mark.
Jalen Ramsey gone.
Bobby Wagner gone.
Leonard Floyd gone.
Allen Robinson gone.

The Rams have the smallest active roster in the NFL. Entering the draft they only had 44 players on the roster. They had 14 draft picks (after trades, 10 of them came in rounds 5-7). Which bumps their roster to 58 of the 90 preseason limit. They are going to have to sign/deal/find 32 players to fill out the roster.

Meanwhile they are coming off the worst performance by a defending Super Bowl Champion in NFL history.

Not a lot to be high/up on for the Rams right now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jalen Ramsey gone.
Bobby Wagner gone.
Leonard Floyd gone.
Allen Robinson gone.

The Rams have the smallest active roster in the NFL. Entering the draft they only had 44 players on the roster. They had 14 draft picks (after trades, 10 of them came in rounds 5-7). Which bumps their roster to 58 of the 90 preseason limit. They are going to have to sign/deal/find 32 players to fill out the roster.

Meanwhile they are coming off the worst performance by a defending Super Bowl Champion in NFL history.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jalen Ramsey gone.
Bobby Wagner gone.
Leonard Floyd gone.
Allen Robinson gone.

That is the cost of an all in approach by the FO. They got a ring and a years long recovery process.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is the cost of an all in approach by the FO. They got a ring and a years long recovery process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jalen Ramsey gone.
Bobby Wagner gone.
Leonard Floyd gone.
Allen Robinson gone.

I think McVay and Stafford can get it done. But Dave is right, there are more questions than answers right now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Steelers should be another line down.

This upcoming season is going to be different.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

The ring is pretty special and worth a few down years.

Of course if you do it and don’t get the ring you are a dumbass. It is a big gamble.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Of course if you do it and don’t get the ring you are a dumbass. It is a big gamble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We mocked them pretty hard for their strategy until it paid off. You’re absolutely right. A title is worth multiple down years.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We mocked them pretty hard for their strategy until it paid off. You’re absolutely right. A title is worth multiple down years.
View Quote

It all depends on how your roster is constructed and who your QB is. I think if you have a top tier young QB it is a bad move but for a team like the Jets it makes sense to go all in.

KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati are probably going to compete for the next 5+ years if they don’t spend recklessly.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Top college teams have NFL quality players. The USFL and XFL are like college teams with the best players removed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watching a USFL game for the first time.  I like that personal fouls are reviewed.

I am watching Houston/Bama. I bet any top 15 college team could defeat either team.

Top college teams have NFL quality players. The USFL and XFL are like college teams with the best players removed.

Yep, that, and they slow...
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Well looky there - the Chiefs are solidly NOT in the "contender" category!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jalen Ramsey gone.
Bobby Wagner gone.
Leonard Floyd gone.
Allen Robinson gone.

View Quote

Is it mandatory to get up to 90?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is it mandatory to get up to 90?
View Quote
Mandatory? Not at all. But would be a complete waste not to enter camp with the maximum player number allowed. The end goal is 55 (official roster) + 16 (practice squad). So 71 players end up retained.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ki-Jana tore his acl on his first carry in the nfl, and did it behind the line of scrimmage without contact.
View Quote

Looking back it was crazy teams were taking a RB #1 overall.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#20]

I have no idea how this model works outside of the regular season.

My understanding is that it is based on a system of calculating weekly matchup odds relative to each other.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mandatory? Not at all. But would be a complete waste not to enter camp with the maximum player number allowed. The end goal is 55 (official roster) + 16 (practice squad). So 71 players end up retained.
View Quote

53 unless it just went up.

I know that's standard wisdom but I'm wondering.
80 to make 70 would seem fine.
I guess it amounts to 10 'free' longshots.
At NFL budgets the cost of 10 short, minimum rate contracts and camp space is approximately nothing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I assume we're factoring in trade value.

How about your entire draft for Ricky Williams?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]

That's cute how it has the Bills ahead of the Bengals, who got a thorough ass-whippin' by whom, in the playoffs a few months ago?

Rhetorical question, Bill-y Bobs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's cute how it has the Bills ahead of the Bengals, who got a thorough ass-whippin' by whom, in the playoffs a few months ago?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bills beat KC this past season.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

53 unless it just went up.
View Quote
Had to check it again. The Covid rules messed it all up a bit. The weekly roster is 53, but teams can carry up to 55 by elevating two additional practice squad members each week. Those players automatically get dumped back to practice squad level after that week's game.

Edit: It also looks like the practice squad might have gone back down from 16 to 14. It only remained at 16 while there were active Covid protocols.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

So did the Bengals.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Via ESPN : How one Super Bowl loss helped define Matt Ryan's legacy

There's some good stuff in there, I kind of just cut and copy/pasted bits together to give you the main point/TLDR:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So did the Bengals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So did the Bengals.

Because KC isn’t a contender.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares who beat who.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#30]

This is the best photo they could get?

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bills might have just been emotionally exhausted but it didn’t look like they even belonged on the same field as the Bengals. And that was at home. The Bengals are a real problem in the AFC.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is the best photo they could get?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwMZWp6WIAsh5dk?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Obvious pick but he hasn't succeeded after the adversity yet.

Other than not staying dead.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati are probably going to compete for the next 5+ years if they don’t spend recklessly.
View Quote

Not sure why you've got KC there. They're clearly not contenders.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wasn't it in the pre-season as well?
View Quote

I believe you are correct. It was his first carry.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looking back it was crazy teams were taking a RB #1 overall.
View Quote

He was the next Barry Sanders.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I assume we're factoring in trade value.

How about your entire draft for Ricky Williams?
View Quote

That was nuts.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being dead and then not being dead is about as big as a personal accomplishment as it gets.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bills might have just been emotionally exhausted but it didn’t look like they even belonged on the same field as the Bengals. And that was at home. The Bengals are a real problem in the AFC.
View Quote

Yeah, these aren't the Bengals of years past. They're just crushing my Titans & it's not even close, IMO. Gonna be an interesting year with them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Being dead and then not being dead is about as big as a personal accomplishment as it gets.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#41]
On TickPick, the week 1 return of Brady to New England (vs the Eagles) has an average price of $1,176. It is 96% higher than the 2nd most expensive game of the season. On Vivid Seats it is 49% higher than the 2nd most expensive game.

SeatGeek has the average price of a 2023 NFL game at $331 currently. Up from $307 at the same time last year. The Patriots currently average $560 a ticket for the entire season, inflated by week 1. The Raiders (who were #1 in 2022) are in 2nd at $468.
  • The Jets have seen a Rodgers boost, rising from 29th in 2022 to 14th most expensive currently.
  • Even with Rodgers gone, the Packers have the 6th most expensive ticket average. It did drop 13%, but is still $110 per ticket higher than the Jets.
  • The Bears avg ticket price has increased by 50% up to $363, right behind the Packers $384.
    The Commanders ticket prices have risen by 22% since the Harris purchase announcement. With an increase in overall ticket sales by 151%.
  • The Bengals have gone to two straight AFCCG but they have the 3rd cheapest ticket price at $179 (up from 1st cheapest in 2022).
  • The Bucs prices have fallen by 50% with Brady gone, down to $179. It makes them the 2nd cheapest in the NFL.
  • The Colts are the cheapest seat in the NFL this season at $150 per ticket.
  • The Chiefs are now the 3rd most expensive ticket in the NFL, up from 10th last season.
  • The Saints have fallen from 8th most expensive to 23rd. Meanwhile the Falcons have risen from 31st to 19th and the Panthers have risen 63% from last season to $317.
  • Of the 5 most expensive games, with NE vs PHI at #1, the Raiders account for games 2 thru 5. Of the top 10 most expensive, home Raiders games account for 7 of the 10 total games.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Buffalo Bills quarterbacks Josh Allen, Kyle Allen and Matt Barkley joined the Toronto Blue Jays batting practice before the NY Yankees game on Monday night.

Josh Allen, "It was fun to get back out there. I was telling some [of] the coaches I miss shagging balls and spitting seeds and just talking with the guys. That's some of the best memories I had in high school. Just sitting here and talking with the guys, they're so chill and they're so focused on what they've got going on here in Toronto. It seems like they've got a good vibe in the locker room which is very fun to see. As a player and a leader in our locker room, to understand and see some different vibes, it was really cool to see what they've got going on."

Home Runs:
Josh Allen - 4
Matt Barkley - 5
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Burrow claims the Bengals’ Super Bowl window is “as long as I’m there,” but realistically their odds drop significantly after Burrow becomes the highest paid player in NFL history.  Or, if they kick the can down the street, at least after the bill comes due.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Free agent Ndamukong Suh unlikely to sign before training camp. Speaking on NFL Total Access Suh said, "I have no desire to be in a training camp. I will come in and watch and look and give some advice, but when Week 1 happens, I'll be ready."

Suh, now 36 years old, didn't join the Eagles last season until November, playing in only 8 of their regular season games.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Free agent Ndamukong Suh unlikely to sign before training camp. Speaking on NFL Total Access Suh said, "I have no desire to be in a training camp. I will come in and watch and look and give some advice, but when Week 1 happens, I'll be ready."

Suh, now 36 years old, didn't join the Eagles last season until November, playing in only 8 of their regular season games.
View Quote

I know he played OK but was he that relevant? I can't remember who knocked Purdy out of the game, was that him?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I know he played OK but he that relevant? I can't remember who knocked Purdy out of the game, was that him?
View Quote

No that was Reddick.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No that was Reddick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know he played OK but he that relevant? I can't remember who knocked Purdy out of the game, was that him?

No that was Reddick.

Suh was definitely a good guess though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Doesn't look like it by the stat line.

11 games (8 reg + 3 post season): 1 sack, 12 combined tackles, 0 TFL, 0 FF, 0 FR, 5 QB hits. PFR "Approximate Value" of 1. He averaged exactly 8 each season over the 5 previous (w/MIA, LAR, TAM).

Of course, that is only on the field. He could have been a valuable locker room and training asset, and the Eagles only paid him $2M (not much more than vet minimum). At that price it could entirely be worth it for the intangibles (on the right team).
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The irony in your incessant spamming is that there is only ONE supporting argument for why the 2022 Chiefs could/should have had good odds to win the Super Bowl with that roster:

There was, for some, a reasonable expectation that Patrick Mahomes might do something Tom Brady was NEVER capable of.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The irony in your incessant spamming is that there is only ONE supporting argument for why the 2022 Chiefs could/should have had good odds to win the Super Bowl with that roster:

There was, for some, a reasonable expectation that Patrick Mahomes might do something Tom Brady was NEVER capable of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Broskie, you gotta lean into it and eat some humble pie. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top