Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Being dead and then not being dead is about as big as a personal accomplishment as it gets.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obvious pick but he hasn't succeeded after the adversity yet.

Other than not staying dead.

Being dead and then not being dead is about as big as a personal accomplishment as it gets.  

The survival rate for CPR cardiac events outside of hospitals (typically defined as the patient lives to be discharged) is very low. Many who make it that far end up with some kind of disability.

Hamlin surviving and going back to football things is probably bigger than any on-field accomplishment we’ve seen.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The survival rate for CPR cardiac events outside of hospitals (typically defined as the patient lives to be discharged) is very low. Many who make it that far end up with some kind of disability.

Hamlin surviving and going back to football things is probably bigger than any on-field accomplishment we’ve seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obvious pick but he hasn't succeeded after the adversity yet.

Other than not staying dead.

It probably ups the odds by having the most professional responders and equipment at games from ppretty much anywhere or anytime. I see your point but he had better odds than most with professional help almost immediately.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That was nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume we're factoring in trade value.

How about your entire draft for Ricky Williams?

That was nuts.

Despite all of Ricky’s problems, he rushed for 10,000 yards in the NFL.

In 2003, Ricky rushed for 1853 yds at 4.8 ypc for the Fins.

Dude LOOOOOVES his weed
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]

As I previously broke down, Packers have 14 WR/TE on the roster right now. They combine for around ~120 career receptions... So they're gonna bring in a "veteran" who has 85 career receptions, but only 2 in the last 2 years combined. Also has terrible fumble fingers (9 fumbles).

Seems like a great fit for them, I have no issue with this.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Steelers all the way!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Steelers all the way!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Steelers all the way!!
View Quote
Need to get rid of dumlin and Canada first!
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Via WSJ, NBC is paying the NFL $110M for the rights to exclusively air one of the playoff games on Peacock. It will be for Saturday Jan 13th, primetime (Wild Card). The game will be broadcast in the two team's local markets on NBC, for the rest of the nation it will only be available on Peacock.

Me:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Bills signed Shane Ray
- part of Mizzou team that refused to play because racism
- pot bust before draft
- went in 1st round anyway
- a good year or 2 in Denver with Von Miller
- injury history
- played in canada
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Davante Adams via The Ringer : While he was in Green Bay, he existed in the shadow of Aaron Rodgers, with interviewers constantly asking him questions about the quarterback's heroics, rather than his own play. Adams would make one miraculous catch after another, only for Rodgers to receive most of the credit. While many did praise Davante's stellar play, he felt other narratives followed him, too, such as:

Davante's succeeding only because of Aaron.

After leading the league in receiving TDs, career high YPC, and a third straight 1st team All-Pro, "Now people can't say that. That'll never be the narrative ever again. It proved that I am me. A quarterback doesn't make me. ... I make me. And I can do it consistently at this level. That's why [last] season meant a lot. Even if I went and played like dog shit next year, they can't say it. Because now I've already proved it throughout the course of a season, played every game, and put together a resume that says I do not need... You can erase all the numbers. You can just write in: He didn't need Aaron Rodgers."
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Bills DEs
von miller  #2 overall
greg rousseau 1st round
shaq lawson 1st round(bills under ryan)
boogie basham 2nd round
aj epenesa 2nd round
shane ray 1st round

6 man rotation of 1s and 2s !!
Lowest rate of production to draft capital at one position evah!

plus
DT ed oliver #9 overall
DT jordan phillips 2nd round
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Davante Adams via The Ringer : While he was in Green Bay, he existed in the shadow of Aaron Rodgers, with interviewers constantly asking him questions about the quarterback's heroics, rather than his own play. Adams would make one miraculous catch after another, only for Rodgers to receive most of the credit. While many did praise Davante's stellar play, he felt other narratives followed him, too, such as:

After leading the league in receiving TDs, career high YPC, and a third straight 1st team All-Pro, "Now people can't say that. That'll never be the narrative ever again. It proved that I am me. A quarterback doesn't make me. ... I make me. And I can do it consistently at this level. That's why [last] season meant a lot. Even if I went and played like dog shit next year, they can't say it. Because now I've already proved it throughout the course of a season, played every game, and put together a resume that says I do not need... You can erase all the numbers. You can just write in: He didn't need Aaron Rodgers."
View Quote
So basically another man-child who wanted his ego stroked rather than being part of a successful championship team.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So basically another man-child who wanted his ego stroked rather than being part of a successful championship team.  
View Quote
I would say it was likely a multitude of things which included that. If I had to guess, I would say the order went: Money, living/playing in Las Vegas, biggest name/star of the team, playing with Derek Carr.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

What if I told you that ego stroking is a big part of successful championship teams?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Warren Sharp went OFF on Twitter (over 15 Tweets and still counting/going) about the disparity/unfairness in the 2023 schedule. I won't include all of them, but here's a look. Spends a lot of time on Rodgers/the Jets receiving a historically large rest/travel advantage as well as the Chiefs receiving a historically bad rest schedule.

That last Tweet was 2 minutes ago and he is still going.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Championship team?  Are you talking about the Packers or are you saying he’d should’ve taken less money and signed with a contender?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would say it was likely a multitude of things which included that. If I had to guess, I would say the order went: Money, living/playing in Las Vegas, biggest name/star of the team, playing with Derek Carr.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Packers could’ve matched the offer (IIRC, there were reports they at least came close) and he’d still be gone.  He wanted out of Green Bay.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#18]
A prospectus prepared for Josh Harris' bid to purchase the Commanders is predicting financial windfall with Snyder's removal.

A 43 page document titled "Commanders Investment Opportunity" and labeled "Privileged & Confidential", prepared by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and its advisors was obtained by ESPN. It predicts that the removal of Dan Snyder as owner will boost attendance, ticket sales and sponsorship revenue, as well as the team's prospects for a new stadium. The Commanders think Virginia "will offer the best incentive package - potentially up to $1.5 billion" for a new home, the document shows. That sum would nearly double the American-record $750 million in public funds the state of Nevada put toward a new Raiders stadium in 2017.

Last season, the Commanders made $173 million in local revenue -- dollars generated from tickets, sponsorships, parking and other team activities, according to the prospectus. In his base estimate, Harris projects that number will more than double to $380 million by the 2031-32 season - and could hit $466 million that year if the team builds a new stadium.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There's a lot to unpack there.
View Quote
Sure is. He is still going on about it. I can see he is tying it in to a book he's selling, but it is still pretty bad when you consider there are numerous mentions of things that have never happened before, and they are all happening in one season.

Some more he has been going on about, TLDR version:
  • 49ers have -20 rest days and play 4 teams coming off a bye. Includes playing the Bengals on a short week (after playing MNF) while the Bengals are coming off 14 days of rest.
  • Raiders play 6 games vs teams coming off MNF (short weeks). In the last 35 years, no one has done it 5 times let alone the Raiders 6.
  • Falcons have zero games with a rest advantage and have had the 4th and 6th worst net rest edges over the last 2 seasons.
  • Eagles have 1 game with a rest edge and it is in week 3 of the season. Near the end of the year they play the Bills, 49ers and Cowboys in 3 straight weeks (12-14) with a rest disadvantage in all 3 games.
  • Last year 22 teams had a +1/-1 rest disparity (within 1 game of equal between rest advantage/disadvantage games), this season it is down to just 13 teams. Last year only 5 teams were +2 or higher, this year 10 teams are +2 or higher.

"meanwhile, 6 teams play ONLY ONE game where their opponent has extra time to rest/prep for them:
NYJ, BAL, CHI, TEN, ARI, CLE

must be frustrating for those 4 teams to have to play SIX GAMES with that disadvantage, and look over to see there are 6 teams this year with that disadvantage in only ONE GAME"
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Championship team?  Are you talking about the Packers or are you saying he'd should've taken less money and signed with a contender?
View Quote
Green Bay.  They were legit NFC contenders for the couple of years prior to last.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bills DEs
von miller  #2 overall
greg rousseau 1st round
shaq lawson 1st round(bills under ryan)
boogie basham 2nd round
aj epenesa 2nd round
shane ray 1st round

6 man rotation of 1s and 2s !!
Lowest rate of production to draft capital at one position evah!

plus
DT ed oliver #9 overall
DT jordan phillips 2nd round
View Quote

It is crazy how much they invested in the defensive line.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Green Bay.  They were legit NFC contenders for the couple of years prior to last.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Championship team?  Are you talking about the Packers or are you saying he'd should've taken less money and signed with a contender?

They sure WERE.  #1 seed with the league MVP in back-to-back seasons.  They used that tremendous advantage to go 1-2 in those two postseasons including going one and done to a team that didn’t score an offensive TD.

It was obvious to anyone paying attention that the decline was coming.  And if that was the best they could do in that great position then them doing even worse seemed probable.  Combine that with Rodgers nearing 40 and his proclivity towards attention-whoring vagueness when it came to his future, the writing was on the wall.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#25]
The Pat McAfee Show is moving to ESPN.

The NY Post reporting that McAfee will be walking away from his 4yr $120M FanDuel contract in its second year and will join ESPN for more than 8 figures per year according to sources.

Edit: It is currently assumed that a portion of his show will continue to air on YouTube with the remainder moving to ESPN as well as having appearances on other shows and programming.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The NY Post reporting that McAfee will be walking away from his 4yr $120M FanDuel contract in its second year and will join ESPN for more than 8 figures per year according to sources.
View Quote

Bros killing it.

Hopefully it doesn't change how the show runs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Last week, when rumors were swirling, he said that he would retain creative control if he did sell. We'll see.

Edit: I would love to see them put him on a game broadcast. Go from WWE announcing to NFL color commentator.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Warren Sharp went OFF on Twitter (over 15 Tweets and still counting/going) about the disparity/unfairness in the 2023 schedule. I won't include all of them, but here's a look. Spends a lot of time on Rodgers/the Jets receiving a historically large rest/travel advantage as well as the Chiefs receiving a historically bad rest schedule.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwQ3AxUWAAQnwGW?format=png&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwRFcQrXgAAEiwz?format=jpg&name=small

That last Tweet was 2 minutes ago and he is still going.
View Quote

The NFL is going after the money over player safety and competitive fairness between teams.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The NFL is going after the money over player safety and competitive fairness between teams.
View Quote
All the new TV deals and special broadcasts are certainly a contributing factor.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bros killing it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bros killing it.

Doesn’t he curse a lot?

For that kind of money though I don’t think dude-bro cares if they do change the show.  At least not enough to decline “selling out.”
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They sure WERE.  #1 seed with the league MVP in back-to-back seasons.  They used that tremendous advantage to go 1-2 in those two postseasons including going one and done to a team that didn't score an offensive TD.

It was obvious to anyone paying attention that the decline was coming.  And if that was the best they could do in that great position then them doing even worse seemed probable.  Combine that with Rodgers nearing 40 and his proclivity towards attention-whoring vagueness when it came to his future, the writing was on the wall.
View Quote
My criticism was of Davonte's reasoning.  According to the article, he wanted the reporters to massage his balls after each game instead of A-A-Ron's. That's childish and immature. Now there are certainly adult reasons to want a trade, like thinking another team might be a better contender, or because you wanted more money. But that's not the reason the article cited.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Adams doesn't need Rodgers now, and anyone who has watched him play can tell you that, but he sure as hell needed Rodgers to keep trusting him & feeding him the ball in his first few years when he was inconsistent as hell. I'm sure he knows that, and I'm sure that statement isn't meant to throw shade at anybody except the haters, but it is kinda funny.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

For that kind of money though I don't think dude-bro cares if they do change the show.  At least not enough to decline "selling out."
View Quote
Even if things go to shit, as long as he retains the intellectual property rights to his show segment, and includes some opt out phrasing in the contract, he could always walk away and just go back to doing what he is doing now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Adams doesn't need Rodgers now, and anyone who has watched him play can tell you that, but he sure as hell needed Rodgers to keep trusting him & feeding him the ball in his first few years when he was inconsistent as hell. I'm sure he knows that, and I'm sure that statement isn't meant to throw shade at anybody except the haters, but it is kinda funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. I don' think he is throwing shade at Rodgers. Just stating he grew to be an elite WR which any team would be lucky to have.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My criticism was of Davonte's reasoning.  According to the article, he wanted the reporters to massage his balls after each game instead of A-A-Ron's. That's childish and immature. Now there are certainly adult reasons to want a trade, like thinking another team might be a better contender, or because you wanted more money. But that's not the reason the article cited.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sure WERE.  #1 seed with the league MVP in back-to-back seasons.  They used that tremendous advantage to go 1-2 in those two postseasons including going one and done to a team that didn't score an offensive TD.

But it wasn’t that he wanted to have “his ego stroked rather than being part of a successful championship team.”  He wasn’t going to be on a “successful championship team” regardless.  At least with the Raiders non-successful championship team he gets his ego stroked.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Tom Brady and Kim Kardashian?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#37]
DT Renell Wren, drafted by the Bengals in the 2nd round in 2019.
Played 11 games in 2019 before going on IR.
Placed on IR in the 2020 pre-season, missed the whole year.
Demoted to practice squad in 2021.
Bounced to Eagles practice squad in 2022.
Bounced to Steelers practice squad in 2022.

Announced today he is being moved to IR and will be out all of 2023.

Hope he was real smart with his money...
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Both Brady and Kim have denied the rumor.

The rumor began from an anonymous submission to a celebrity rumor site which spotted Kim touring homes in an exclusive Bahamas neighborhood using Brady's golf cart. Both Brady's and Kim's people have reported the two are both friends and business partners and that Kim had reached out to Tom for advice on purchasing a home in said neighborhood where Brady owns a home.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But it wasn't that he wanted to have "his ego stroked rather than being part of a successful championship team."  He wasn't going to be on a "successful championship team" regardless.  At least with the Raiders non-successful championship team he gets his ego stroked.
View Quote
Packers might have been a contender last year with a true No. 1 receiver.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it wasn't that he wanted to have "his ego stroked rather than being part of a successful championship team."  He wasn't going to be on a "successful championship team" regardless.  At least with the Raiders non-successful championship team he gets his ego stroked.

I’m talking about what actually happened though.  That’s getting into what “MIGHT have happened IF…”
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I think Adams left a hole too big to be filled by what we had to put on the field.

I don't blame a player who's put in his time with a rookie contract and then an actual contract wanting to go play somewhere else if thats what they want to do.

A lot of players get sick of Green Bay and don't want to go there in the 1st place. I wouldn't blame someone for that. Having tons of money and nothing to do has to get old.

Blaming the media for not being 'the star' is a low tier excuse, though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The rumor began from an anonymous submission to a celebrity rumor site which spotted Kim touring homes in an exclusive Bahamas neighborhood using Brady's golf cart. Both Brady's and Kim's people have reported the two are both friends and business partners and that Kim had reached out to Tom for advice on purchasing a home in said neighborhood where Brady owns a home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would hope so.  I mean what kind of rich and famous QB dates a worn out 40+ year old that’s done porn?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wut... last I knew he was banging some 20 something year old supermodel.  Why would he trade down?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wut... last I knew he was banging some 20 something year old supermodel.  Why would he trade down?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he misses having a girl richer than him.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would hope so.  I mean what kind of rich and famous QB dates a worn out 40+ year old that's done porn?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would hope so.  I mean what kind of rich and famous QB dates a worn out 40+ year old that's done porn?
Besides Garapolo?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I would hope so.  I mean what kind of rich and famous QB dates a worn out 40+ year old that’s done porn?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I knew Kim was married to Travis Barker?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wat?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Wat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wat?

Claiming that Green Bay hasn't been NFC contenders the last 3-4 years just as silly as claiming KC hasn't been Superbowl contenders over the same time frame. KC managed to punch through to the mountaintop. GB didn't. That doesn't mean they weren't contenders.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top