Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Didn't it turn out he wasn't even present when the gang rape he was crucified in the court of public opinion for occurred?
View Quote
He was one of numerous individuals to have sex with her that night (1 of 3 football players). She was a drunk 17 year old at a college party. There are many mitigating circumstances that make the legal charges a no (she reportedly was telling people she was 18 and was instigating the sex), but it doesn't clear him of being a creep who had sex with a questionable drunk girl, who arrived to a party with other high school girls, while seemingly aware he had an STD at the time.

From a football standpoint, why? It just isn't worth it. The controversy and potential PR issues over a punter who has never kicked a single ball in the NFL?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Also he admitted to fucking the minor before the gang rape event, so he's not really 100% innocent. She was legally of a minor age.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking do it. I dare you.

Didn't it turn out he wasn't even present when the gang rape he was crucified in the court of public opinion for occurred?

Also he admitted to fucking the minor before the gang rape event, so he's not really 100% innocent. She was legally of a minor age.

She was 17 years old (IIRC, she told people she was 18) and at a college party.

If you want to condemn him for that, have at it.  I won't though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

From a football standpoint, why? It just isn't worth it. The controversy and potential PR issues over a punter who has never kicked a single ball in the NFL?
View Quote

Three main reasons as I can see it.

1. Potentially acquiring a Pro Bowl level punter for the league minimum (or not much more).

2. You are very much in win-now mode and for you that trumps "a potential PR issue."

3. You are the Jets.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

1. Potentially acquiring a Pro Bowl level punter for the league minimum (or not much more).

2. You are very much in win-now mode and for you that trumps "a potential PR issue."

3. You are the Jets.
View Quote
1: Every punter coming into the league is at minimum.
2 & 3: On Reddit I said this was a desperate garbage franchise move.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Drunk people at college parties fuck. That’s kinda the point of college parties. *

*I have done no independent research on the facts of this case. I’m taking the facts presented at face value.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1: Every punter coming into the league is at minimum.
2 & 3: On Reddit I said this was a desperate garbage franchise move.
View Quote

Maybe he should go be Teamies with DeShaun?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Running the train on a girl knowing you have an std is peak douchebag behavior.  Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean, I was wrong for condemning him in the court of public opinion. But contributing to the delinquency of a minor is still a thing, no? And the pretext phonecall made it seem like he admitted to giving her STDs, so wither way, his judgment is questionable.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#9]

During "pre-practice conditioning," said Rodgers, before Tuesday's session, he tweaked his calf. It happened during the team's routine of using medicine balls and sleds in order to get players loose for the practice session.

"I haven't done it before," Rodgers said of the pre-practice routines the Jets use. "I haven't done it in 18 years. So but obviously there's some science behind it."

Presumably, the science isn't to cause calf strains.

Asked specifically how it happened, Rodgers said, "I don't know. Just running, I guess."

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Albert Breer is reporting that the vote for the new kickoff rule had 12 to 14 "no's" on Monday but Roger Goodell personally lobbied to ownership overnight and flipped a number of the teams.

Final vote was 26-5-1. The Ravens, Patriots, Bengals, Bears and Lions voted against it, and the Raiders abstained.

All procedure/rule votes require 24 to pass.

Edit: Reportedly Denver was one of the vote flippers as Sean Payton was initially backing his Special Teams coach to vote no.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]
After reporting that Goodell's extension thru 2027 was almost complete, Jim Irsay stated "apparently" Goodell's time as commissioner will end at that point (2027).

Irsay wants to expand the league office beyond just a Commissioner, stating that he could see the NFL having a business end CEO and having a separate Commissioner.

"Obviously we've done a great job of growing it but I think with gaming and mainly overall entertainment, we should be making movies like Blindside, probably even involved with making movies like Air Jordan which I think Skydance made. There's just a lot of opportunities out there and a lot of people monetize our brand that shouldn't. I mean fantasy football, secondary ticket markets, the list goes on."

"As we look forward into the future, you really want to make sure you put the game first always and at the same time our business is expanding really outside of just football. We're an entertainment brand that people respect and understand. We think we can significantly do more going forward and that speaks to the structure of how you set up from the very top in 2027 and beyond, and I think we have to really talk about that."

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I mean, I was wrong for condemning him in the court of public opinion. But contributing to the delinquency of a minor is still a thing, no? And the pretext phonecall made it seem like he admitted to giving her STDs, so wither way, his judgment is questionable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were both drinking at an off campus party and she told people she was 18.  Unless it was his house and/or he was personally supplying her with alcohol, how is that “contributing to the delinquency of a minor”?

I’m not saying it’s definitely NOT.  Just that if it is, why?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They were both drinking at an off campus party and she told people she was 18.  Unless it was his house and/or he was personally supplying her with alcohol, how is that "contributing to the delinquency of a minor"?

I'm not saying it's definitely NOT.  Just that if it is, why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were both drinking at an off campus party and she told people she was 18.  Unless it was his house and/or he was personally supplying her with alcohol, how is that "contributing to the delinquency of a minor"?

I'm not saying it's definitely NOT.  Just that if it is, why?

Contributing chlamydia to a minor. And to all his buddies who shared the minor.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#14]
The Washington Commanders trademark application was DENIED by the USPTO.

Reasons included:
  • "Likelihood of Confusion" due to an existing trademark on "Commanders' Classic" which is the yearly college football game between Air Force and Army.
  • "Prior-Filled Applications" of pending trademarks for "Washington Space Commanders" and "Washington Wolf Commanders" which could cause further "Likelihood of Confusion" after being registered.
The Commanders could file a further response arguing no "Likelihood of Confusion" with "Commanders' Classic" since an entire NFL team/organization is not likely to be confused with a single college game, or the Commanders can attempt to buy out the rights or sign a co-existence agreement with Air Force/Army.

For the pending trademark applications, the applicant (McCaulay) has previously said he "has no intention to stand in the way of the Washington NFL team" and has sent a letter to Daniel Snyder opening the door to discussions about trademark issues.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Reasons included:
  • "Likelihood of Confusion" due to an existing trademark on "Commanders' Classic" which is the yearly college football game between Air Force and Army.
  • "Prior-Filled Applications" of pending trademarks for "Washington Space Commanders" and "Washington Wolf Commanders" which could cause further "Likelihood of Confusion" after being registered.
The Commanders could file a further response arguing no "Likelihood of Confusion" with "Commanders' Classic" since an entire NFL team/organization is not likely to be confused with a single college game, or the Commanders can attempt to buy out the rights or sign a co-existence agreement with Air Force/Army.

For the pending trademark applications, the applicant (McCaulay) has previously said he "has no intention to stand in the way of the Washington NFL team" and has sent a letter to Daniel Snyder opening the door to discussions about trademark issues.

View Quote

To me (I'm not a fan of them )
I'd prefer a "Washington Redtails"
Use that helmet style with the big R on it we saw floating around the web

Whether they're the Redtails squadron, or redtail hawks, cool.
A P-51 flyby every home game would be pretty fuckin nice
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Reasons included:

View Quote

Just go back to being the Redskins and be done with it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really can't give a shit about that though, at those ages. It happens all the time at every school around the country. Kids want to go get drunk & party with what are essentially just older kids, they're eventually gonna fuck.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

3. You are the Jets.
View Quote

Pro bowl is understating it.
Has the talent to be the best ever.
Totally flipped the field in his first Bills pre-season punt.
One concern in the draft was he didn't hold in college(he was th PK)
Reports out of Bills cam were that he was fine holding.

That b-tch is a clear case of a female deciding to have sex then afterward deciding it was rape.
This is why we don't just #believewomen.
She snuck in the back. Avoiding any possible age check at the door.
Stated clearly multiple times she was 18.
Didn't just consent to sex, went after it.
I got the vibe from the reports that the sex with Araiza was oral. Not clear, though.

I hope he has a great career and her, and her pirate lawyer never see a cent.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They were both drinking at an off campus party and she told people she was 18.  Unless it was his house and/or he was personally supplying her with alcohol, how is that “contributing to the delinquency of a minor”?

I’m not saying it’s definitely NOT.  Just that if it is, why?
View Quote

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong in all of this.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#20]
The Broncos brought in Elliott Fry, Brett Maher and Parker White to tryout for replacing Brandon McManus.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Broncos brought in Elliott Fry, Brett Maher and Parker White to tryout for replacing Brandon McManus.
View Quote

Maher?
But why?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Chiefs voted yes to the new rule...
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. Folded like a cheap XXXL suit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Maher?
But why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maher?
But why?

He is the most accurate very long range kicker in NFL history.

Of course the trade off is you hold your breath on PATs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the owners were the voters?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems unlikely an NFL owner’s HC that won two Super Bowls in the past 5 years (and is the favorite to win it again in 2023) would be emphatically against a rule change and the owner would basically say “fuck you, I know better” and vote in favor of the rule change.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It seems unlikely an NFL owner’s HC that won two Super Bowls in the past 5 years (and is the favorite to win it again in 2023) would be emphatically against a rule change and the owner would basically say “fuck you, I know better” and vote in favor of the rule change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It also seems that’s what happened.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible, but unlikely.

Unless you think its more likely that the Chiefs' owner told Andy Reid "fuck you" than it is Andy Reid isn't really all that opposed to the rule change.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Possible, but unlikely.

Unless you think its more likely that the Chiefs' owner told Andy Reid "fuck you" than it is Andy Reid isn't really all that opposed to the rule change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible, but unlikely.

You’ve never known a scenario where a manager disagreed with an owner, and the owner made a decision without saying Fuck You?

Reid was asked his opinion on the rule change. He responded from a viewpoint of a coach and a fan of the game. The Hunts voted as business owners, accounting for future lawsuits for injuries, TV contracts with respect to the pace of the game.

I’m not sure what your assertion actually is. That Reid was lying in his response? That Hunt hates Reid?

On my farm, my decisions are the course of action because I write the checks. I take my farm hand’s opinion into account frequently, because he’s smart and experienced. That doesn’t mean when I decide differently from his opinion that I’m saying “Fuck You.”  Or that he was insincere in his opinion.

Your whole statements seems to be “ This thing that happened, it might have happened, but it’s unlikely.”
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You’ve never known a scenario where a manager disagreed with an owner, and the owner made a decision without saying Fuck You?

Reid was asked his opinion on the rule change. He responded from a viewpoint of a coach and a fan of the game. The Hunts voted as business owners, accounting for future lawsuits for injuries, TV contracts with respect to the pace of the game.

I’m not sure what your assertion actually is. That Reid was lying in his response? That Hunt hates Reid?

On my farm, my decisions are the course of action because I write the checks. I take my farm hand’s opinion into account frequently, because he’s smart and experienced. That doesn’t mean when I decide differently from his opinion that I’m saying “Fuck You.”  Or that he was insincere in his opinion.

Your whole statements seems to be “ This thing that happened, it might have happened, but it’s unlikely.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible, but unlikely.

What I posted was “…the owner would basically say “fuck you, I know better” and vote in favor of the rule change.”  I can’t imagine an NFL owner telling his HC, that recently won two Super Bowls and is the favorite to win the next one, literally “fuck you.”

Well, other than Jerry Jones.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What I posted was “…the owner would basically say “fuck you, I know better” and vote in favor of the rule change.”  I can’t imagine an NFL owner telling his HC, that recently won two Super Bowls and is the favorite to win the next one, literally “fuck you.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible, but unlikely.

Well your statement is false on its face.

The Chiefs are not contenders.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible, but unlikely.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#34]

McManus found a new home pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#35]
John Harbaugh on the new kick return fair catch rule, said the Ravens voted against the rule change because, "We thought there were better ideas."

"The fair catch rule, we had a chance to weigh in on that with all the special teams coaches. We had a long talk and discussion about that. We weren't for it. We voted against it. We think it's going to create more high-speed head trauma than not having it in there. That's our position on it. But we'll see. They want to give it a shot and take a look at it."
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#36]

I'm assuming this is going to be for the typical too much contact/drilling beyond what is allowed that we have been seeing for a couple teams each year.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Last season there were 6 kickoff returns for a touchdown.
There were ~2,700 kickoffs over 272 games (~10 per game).

That means there was one kickoff return per every 45 games (~1 every 3 weeks).
Furthermore, that is just one return per every ~450 kickoffs.

More than likely, you went the entire season without ever seeing a kickoff return except on a highlight replay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One time in maybe 30? 50? Something interesting will happen. The rest of the time I'm watching with one eye and the other eye is on my phone or computer screen.
Last season there were 6 kickoff returns for a touchdown.
There were ~2,700 kickoffs over 272 games (~10 per game).

That means there was one kickoff return per every 45 games (~1 every 3 weeks).
Furthermore, that is just one return per every ~450 kickoffs.

More than likely, you went the entire season without ever seeing a kickoff return except on a highlight replay.

I would normally agree but this game was glorious.
Bills vs. Patriots: The Greatest Kickoff Return Game Ever? | Hines' Double Touchdown Day
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm assuming this is going to be for the typical too much contact/drilling beyond what is allowed that we have been seeing for a couple teams each year.
View Quote
It was for a "meeting violation". An NFL observer believed that one of the "optional early offseason meetings" was a violation because the 15 minute special teams meeting was visible on the Patriots internal schedule. In the opinion of the NFLPA, placing the meeting on a formal schedule converted it from "optional" to "mandatory".

Placed a 15 minute special teams meeting on the schedule and a 3rd party observer decided they should lose two OTAs for it? What a crock of shit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Replacement refs were worse.

Regular refs still aren't as good as we'd want though, as you're aware.
View Quote

Nothing like enforcing coverage calls in the last 3 minutes of a game.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Replacement refs were worse.

Regular refs still aren't as good as we'd want though, as you're aware.

I really am impressed how consistently inconsistent the are.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible, but unlikely.

He ain't evah gonna live that down is he?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Does Brady's alliance with Satan carry over to ownership?
Or did that finally expire at retirement as a player?
View Quote

In used to think the same about joe montana.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't he just say he wanted the attention?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Didn't he just say he wanted the attention?
View Quote
He apparently has learned from the best while under Rodgers in Green Bay. Say a bunch of shit that can easily be mis-understood or mis-construed and then complain when the media/people do exactly that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#48]

He's the 2nd return guy to give that answer this week... Makes me think of all the return guys I have seen over the years who try to field punts inside the 5 yard line instead of letting it go, or not calling fair catch when they should and getting creamed/fumbling, and how those guys vanish from the league really quick.

You're an undrafted walk on special teamer who bounced between 5 different fucking semi-pro minor leagues (IFL, FCF, TSL, ELF, USFL) in less than 3 years. You're making league minimum and frankly a sneeze away from being replaced. You'll fucking fair catch the ball when they tell you to if you don't want to be back in the fucking European League of Football playing for the Polish Wroclaw Panthers again.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Patriots LB Raekwon McMillan was just placed on IR with a torn Achillies.

Fucking poor guy. Was drafted by the Dolphins in the 2nd round in 2017. Was ranked as high as the 2nd best LB on some draft charts. Tore his ACL in 2017. Tore his ACL in 2021. Now tore his Achillies in 2023.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Patriots LB Raekwon McMillan was just placed on IR with a torn Achillies.

Fucking poor guy. Was drafted by the Dolphins in the 2nd round in 2017. Was ranked as high as the 2nd best LB on some draft charts. Tore his ACL in 2017. Tore his ACL in 2021. Now tore his Achillies in 2023.
View Quote
Damn it.  I liked the kid even though he went to the Patriots. Probably the end of his career.

He tore his ACL in 2017 on a Fucking kickoff coverage... starting linebacker playing special teams. Fans were pissed.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top