Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He seems to like choking offensive linemen during games.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He seems to like choking offensive linemen during games.

The NFL and the media:

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Via The Athletic : Aaron Rodgers, the Packers and the long succession: 'Just tell the truth, you wanted to move on'

Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst traded up four spots in the first round to draft the 21-year-old Love even with four years remaining on the contract of arguably the best player in franchise history.

Rodgers skipped his scheduled appearance on McAfee’s show.

“That’s when I went and poured myself a little glass of Anejo and waited for somebody to call me,” he told The Athletic last week.

Mostly about what could have been, bad communication, how relationships were souring/spoiling, playing the blame game, etc. Nothing earth shattering, but it's there for the interested people.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
According to sources, Jimmy G still has yet to pass a physical with the Raiders. His contract reportedly has an addendum related to his health status which would allow the Raiders to completely walk away from the contract. If Jimmy G isn't healthy the Raiders, reportedly, may be interested in Carson Wentz as a replacement.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
According to sources, Jimmy G still has yet to pass a physical with the Raiders. His contract reportedly has an addendum related to his health status which would allow the Raiders to completely walk away from the contract. If Jimmy G isn't healthy the Raiders, reportedly, may be interested in Carson Wentz as a replacement.
View Quote

Carr may not be perfect...but dumping him for Wentz at this point? Yikes.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#6]
The Michael Jordan route. Owner player.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.sheknows.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Tom-Brady-Rare-Interview.jpg

If Brady becomes part owner of the team, he can only come back to be QB with the approval of ALL 32 owners. One owner balks and he can’t be QB1. Florio discusses this at around 5:50 mark and makes some good points on why some owners may vote no.
Is Tom Brady a possibility for LV if Jimmy Garoppolo can’t play? | Pro Football Talk | NFL on NBC
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Mike McDaniel has Tua wearing a camera on his helmet at OTAs so he can review his play calls/play decisions from Tua's 1st person perspective.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jimmy G injured? That's never happened before.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mike McDaniel has Tua wearing a camera on his helmet at OTAs so he can review his play calls/play decisions from Tua's 1st person perspective.
View Quote

They going to cover the lens with vaseline to mimic what Tua sees after getting sacked?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Jamaal Williams' helmet visor at OTAs:

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They going to cover the lens with vaseline to mimic what Tua sees after getting sacked?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think they're going to be disappointed.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Brock Purdy began throwing again last week (recovering from his right elbow injury).

GM John Lynch, "He's had one [throwing] session thus far and we're incredibly encouraged by that. He's hitting all his marks and that doesn't surprise us, because he's putting in all the work. As for best-case scenario, we'll take it as it comes. The hope is he's ready for training camp. The hope is he's ready for the regular season."
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Via The Athletic : Aaron Rodgers, the Packers and the long succession: 'Just tell the truth, you wanted to move on'

Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst traded up four spots in the first round to draft the 21-year-old Love even with four years remaining on the contract of arguably the best player in franchise history.

Rodgers skipped his scheduled appearance on McAfee's show.

"That's when I went and poured myself a little glass of Anejo and waited for somebody to call me," he told The Athletic last week.

Mostly about what could have been, bad communication, how relationships were souring/spoiling, playing the blame game, etc. Nothing earth shattering, but it's there for the interested people.
View Quote

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10077751-nfl-rumors-aaron-rodgers-agent-told-packers-to-fire-gutekunst-or-trade-qb-in-2021

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Na, McDaniel has already demonstrated he doesn’t give a shit about Tua’s concussions back injuries.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490117/2cb8544e341d2f5b2ddb38e7298f8eed_jpg-2835548.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Na, McDaniel has already demonstrated he doesn’t give a shit about Tua’s concussions back injuries.
View Quote

Not like McDaniel will see it after all that vape smoke anyways
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Cutler took a bear in the Montana spring window.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Wonder what specs of his rifle is.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#24]

The REEEEEing on social media about it is amusing.

This made me laugh though:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I took a peek at the Instagram post comments and immediately noped out of them. Life's too short to waste on those people.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This made me laugh though:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/75DC2CAD-2623-4ACB-9AD6-477F02F27CF2_jpe-2836520.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Welcome to the boring depths of summer.

You know what that means…

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

I give Mina Kimes as much respect as I give Dan Orl and his opinions. Which is basically none.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Texans fans could use some good news.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

I agree with that crazy bitch. Traditionally, Dak has taken care of the ball. Last year he threw too many INTs, if it continues this year I will worry. I bet it was an aberration, and with a strong running game this year he drops back to the bottom in INTs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh no, where will I go no for anti American, hateful racist bullshit against white people?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oh no, where will I go no for anti American, hateful racist bullshit against white people?
View Quote
No worries.  Skip's already found a replacement.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Last season's XFL OPOTY QB Jordan Ta'amu is working out for the Vikings today
25 years old, 6'3", 214lbs
In 10 games he had 2.2k total yards, 17 total TDs, 7 total turnovers
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
It seems like it's really rare for a guy to catch on in the NFL after playing in these minor leagues.  Best I can recall was Cam Wake coming from the CFL.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You all ever hear Shannon talk when he gets fired up? It's absolutely brutal. Marble mouth mixed with complete nonsense. It's like a whole other undiscovered language.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It seems like it's really rare for a guy to catch on in the NFL after playing in these minor leagues.  Best I can recall was Cam Wake coming from the CFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that the HE HATE ME dude?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not super successful as far as wins while a starter, but I generally like the guy.  Might also be because I watched the famous BC/Miami hail mary game.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Flutie

edit:  the other guy in the picture is halfway famous too
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not super successful as far as wins while a starter, but I generally like the guy.  Might also be because I watched the famous BC/Miami hail mary game.  

https://i.postimg.cc/j22rhGDW/Doug-Flutie-Donald-Trump-Generals-football-press-conference.jpg
View Quote

Never heard of him
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Never heard of him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/j22rhGDW/Doug-Flutie-Donald-Trump-Generals-football-press-conference.jpg

Never heard of him

lulz
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Was that the HE HATE ME dude?
View Quote

No. That was Rod Smart from the original XFL
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I agree with that crazy bitch. Traditionally, Dak has taken care of the ball. Last year he threw too many INTs, if it continues this year I will worry. I bet it was an aberration, and with a strong running game this year he drops back to the bottom in INTs.
View Quote

That is because defenses figured out to simply drop back in coverage to force Dak to make reads.
If they continue to do it again this year, I expect his numbers to be the same.
Granted if they can improve the running game even just slightly more, it will help his passing as he can pass in basic coverage.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Last year Dak also led the NFL in INTs thrown that were NOT “turnover-worthy” meaning a lot of the INTs weren’t his fault.

Of course many people didn’t let a little thing like that get in the way of their Dak narrative.  The most obvious example was when the throw in the pic below resulted in a game-ending pick six and the usual suspects blamed it all on Dak for “throwing a horrible INT,” “choking,” “costing his team the game,” etc.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Warren Moon comes to mind
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You all ever hear Shannon talk when he gets fired up? It's absolutely brutal. Marble mouth mixed with complete nonsense. It's like a whole other undiscovered language.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How Many Lebron's You Know?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Last year Dak also led the NFL in INTs thrown that were NOT "turnover-worthy" meaning a lot of the INTs weren't his fault.

Of course many people didn't let a little thing like that get in the way of their Dak narrative.  The most obvious example was when the throw in the pic below resulted in a game-ending pick six and the usual suspects blamed it all on Dak for "throwing a horrible INT," "choking," "costing his team the game," etc.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/D8F917AC-2038-4FF7-B2B1-69D6E11D4708_jpe-2837436.JPG
View Quote
So, Mina compares Dak to Drew Brees on stats.  But the big difference of course is style.  Dak is one of several quarterbacks who put up big numbers as dual threat guys.  Then they get older and want to be pocket passers.  The question I have is this: Has anyone actually made the transition?  Off the top of my head, I can't really think of a guy who started as a dual threat guy who you could point to and say "wow, he's turned into a really great pocket passer."  Steve Young maybe?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So, Mina compares Dak to Drew Brees on stats.  But the big difference of course is style.  Dak is one of several quarterbacks who put up big numbers as dual threat guys.  Then they get older and want to be pocket passers.  The question I have is this: Has anyone actually made the transition?  Off the top of my head, I can't really think of a guy who started as a dual threat guy who you could point to and say "wow, he's turned into a really great pocket passer."  Steve Young maybe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last year Dak also led the NFL in INTs thrown that were NOT "turnover-worthy" meaning a lot of the INTs weren't his fault.

Of course many people didn't let a little thing like that get in the way of their Dak narrative.  The most obvious example was when the throw in the pic below resulted in a game-ending pick six and the usual suspects blamed it all on Dak for "throwing a horrible INT," "choking," "costing his team the game," etc.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/D8F917AC-2038-4FF7-B2B1-69D6E11D4708_jpe-2837436.JPG

I can’t speak to that.  I’d bang her, but that’s where my interest in anything regarding that woman ends.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.0584d2460896feb61d19d52bda3903bc?rik=GYh6ZhAuGMw3vw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
View Quote

Can’t say I blame Wilson.  Given the option of living in Denver or Philadelphia, it’s a no-brainer.

Hell, living in pretty much any city or town in the US instead of Philly would be a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

He did well with the Battlehawks before covid shut down the XFL last time. He was basically the 2nd best QB in the league behind PJ Walker who has gotten play time in Carolina.

IIRC, he was also a backup for Mahomes after that stint with the Battlehawks. It couldn't have hurt him to be on the practice field with Mahomes & Reid.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top