User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Playing devil’s advocate:
It’s possible that 1 or 2 felt pressured or he actually got rapey

The rest may have felt “uncomfortable” but are like yeah! He was inappropriate and needs to PAY!!

But their story is close enough that they feel like it happened exactly the same to them or simply are smart enough to get in on the getting

1m
Each?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What I keep coming back to is that EVERY woman (all 14 so far) has confirmed that Watson contacted them through either Instagram, text message, or phone calls. The vast majority of them include two or all three (like this 14th one, Instagram, text and phone calls).

So now we have 14 women, who all claim to have digital evidence of contact and making arrangements with Deshaun Watson over the last 13 months.

Then half of them met Watson in a hotel, or at a spa or somewhere that could likely have confirmation of Watson's presence.

If this goes criminal, they may also be able to get Watson's phone's GPSS records to confirm his presence for EVERY case.

So if you believe these woman are liars and just after the money, you still have to agree to the un-deniable truth (assuming all these digital records are revealed in court) that Watson was booking a new masseuse, almost exclusively through Instagram, every couple of weeks.

Even during the NFL season when he has 24/7 access to the Houston Texans physical therapists and massage therapists. Even when he is busy practicing, attending meetings, traveling to other cities, playing games. Even with the COVID lockdown and COVID NFL bubble policy and contact tracing.

If that doesn't send your red flag sky high, then you're just denying reality.

The rest may have felt “uncomfortable” but are like yeah! He was inappropriate and needs to PAY!!

But their story is close enough that they feel like it happened exactly the same to them or simply are smart enough to get in on the getting

1m
Each?

I saw some people talking about an equal lump sum for all of them, but I can't imagine the girls that got raped would be okay with getting paid the same as the girls that simply had a request made.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I saw some people talking about an equal lump sum for all of them, but I can't imagine the girls that got raped would be okay with getting paid the same as the girls that simply had a request made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What I keep coming back to is that EVERY woman (all 14 so far) has confirmed that Watson contacted them through either Instagram, text message, or phone calls. The vast majority of them include two or all three (like this 14th one, Instagram, text and phone calls).

So now we have 14 women, who all claim to have digital evidence of contact and making arrangements with Deshaun Watson over the last 13 months.

Then half of them met Watson in a hotel, or at a spa or somewhere that could likely have confirmation of Watson's presence.

If this goes criminal, they may also be able to get Watson's phone's GPSS records to confirm his presence for EVERY case.

So if you believe these woman are liars and just after the money, you still have to agree to the un-deniable truth (assuming all these digital records are revealed in court) that Watson was booking a new masseuse, almost exclusively through Instagram, every couple of weeks.

Even during the NFL season when he has 24/7 access to the Houston Texans physical therapists and massage therapists. Even when he is busy practicing, attending meetings, traveling to other cities, playing games. Even with the COVID lockdown and COVID NFL bubble policy and contact tracing.

1m
Each?

If, in fact, any were raped at all...
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Playing devil's advocate:
It's possible that 1 or 2 felt pressured or he actually got rapey

The rest may have felt "uncomfortable" but are like yeah! He was inappropriate and needs to PAY!!

1m
Each?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rest may have felt "uncomfortable" but are like yeah! He was inappropriate and needs to PAY!!

1m
Each?

Stupid is expensive.

He's a wealthy, attractive, young athlete. If he really just wanted a woman to jerk him off he could have it handled easily without having to book a new random masseuse every week through Instagram. So even if your scenario is true, and some of these women are taking advantage, it is because Watson was an idiot to begin with.

However, I would question why he needed a new woman every time if they were actually willing. A number of the suits accuse him of trying to make a 2nd appointment, or asking for them to be available weekly, etc. So sounds like if he had a willing woman or two, he wouldn't need to hit up a new one every time right?

Of course there could be many others who we will never hear from who were willing. /shrug
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1m
Each?

It is not unusual in class action lawsuits for people to get varying amounts of the sum based on the variance in the extremity of the issue. This would come down to the jury/judge to award the varying amounts they decide on to the parties involved.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

have more texts and insta messages been released? or just those initial two ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Waton's attorney's statement:

“I want to emphasize at the outset that we and Deshaun recognize that sexual assault and harassment are not only unlawful, but morally wrong. It takes courage for women to come forward to report being mistreated, particularly when they attach their names to a lawsuit. We do not take these allegations lightly. However, fairness to the accused is equally as important.

“Opposing counsel has orchestrated a circus-like atmosphere by using social media to publicize 14 ‘Jane Doe’ lawsuits during the past seven days in a manner calculated to inflame the public and malign Deshaun’s otherwise sterling reputation. In addition, the tactic of refusing our requests to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult. Anonymity is often necessary as a shield for victims but opposing counsel has used it as a sword to publicly humiliate Deshaun before the truth-seeking process can even begin.

“I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false. And in the one case in which we have been able to identify a plaintiff, we have strong evidence showing the allegation is false. In January of this year, a woman attempted to blackmail Deshaun by demanding $30,000 in exchange for her ‘indefinite silence’ about what she stated was a consensual encounter. It is our belief this woman is the plaintiff in Cause No. 2021-15613. (Please see the attached declaration by Bryan Burney.) This calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well.

“We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man.

“Again, we are taking the allegations very seriously but we ask only that people not rush to judgment, that people not be unduly influenced by opposing counsel’s antics, and that they let fundamental fairness to both sides rule the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

What if his arrangements for “massage therapy” were never about massages at all... that really is a thing, you know...
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
"We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct."

HOW MANY MASSAGE THERAPISTS DOES THIS MAN NEED?!

Dude has 24 accusers. Dude has access to DOZENS of the best physical and massage therapists in the world through the NFL. And we still have "numerous unsolicited comments" from "many" other therapists he worked with?

They are massage therapists, not rolls of toilet paper. You don't need a new one every couple of days Deshaun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What if his arrangements for "massage therapy" were never about massages at all... that really is a thing, you know...
View Quote
I look forward to hopefully seeing dozens and dozens of Instagram DMs and text messages related to these appointments.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I look forward to hopefully seeing dozens and dozens of Instagram DMs and text messages related to these appointments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if his arrangements for "massage therapy" were never about massages at all... that really is a thing, you know...

But you do realize that “massage” therapists are often, and have been for decades, associated with fronts for prostitution, right?

Not that there aren’t also zillions of legitimate massage therapists out there, of course...

It seems pretty obvious that Watson was focused on the former.  Whether or not he tried to push those from the latter into the former category is certainly possible, but we don’t ha ve any actual evidence either way.

What’s sad is the whole “#metoo”, and the number of outrageously false claims out there, particularly against celebrities, makes me less likely to believe these kinds of claims.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I also like the blackmail defense. One typically needs to have done something in order for a person to have leverage to blackmail them.

This woman contacted him in January. Months ago. Before all the allegations and law suits. When there were ZERO accusers out there.

I know that doesn't prove guilt, but it sure makes it sound like the attorney just admitted Watson may have been up to something.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But you do realize that "massage" therapists are often, and have been for decades, associated with fronts for prostitution, right?

Not that there aren't also zillions of legitimate massage therapists out there, of course...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you do realize that "massage" therapists are often, and have been for decades, associated with fronts for prostitution, right?

Not that there aren't also zillions of legitimate massage therapists out there, of course...

I do. And that's why I would love to see these messages and what they said about certain services.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

$$$$ = accusers.  You are smart enough to know that.  The Duke LaCrosse case fell apart so quick because of only 1 girl.  But she had the backing of everyone, including the media and rolling stone magazine.
View Quote

The Duke Lacrosse case fell apart because the whole thing was a lie. There were two girls there and the other one said it was a lie. There was also a shit ton of evidence that showed it was lie.

Could some of these women be making this up for a payday? Possibly.

If this goes to court and there's proof shown that he messaged all these women and setup appointments where they are the only two present it's going to end badly for him.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's why I said "allegations."

Also, we treat robbery under violence and robbery under threat as one and the same. It's of sound logic to conclude that verbal/emotional coercion to perform sexual acts is rape.

Though I do agree that sucking a dude's dick to get a movie role isn't rape. Threatening to destroy a woman's career so she'll be compelled to suck your dick is rape.
View Quote

That has a threat of physical harm element to it. My opinion would be different if they claimed "he told me to do this or he'd beat me/kill me."
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've stuck just with the "sexual assault" term for that reason.

I know "oral rape" is a legal term and could be applicable, but for the great majority of all these suits it is exposure and moving his penis to make contact with the women's hands. It is definitely criminal and deviant behavior, but should not be lumped in with vaginal/anal rape.

However, even just (feels dirty to even say "just" these actions) the exposure and moving his penis into contact and requesting sexual services should be enough to see him never play a down of football again.

The NFL supposedly likes to protect the shield and the brand. They reportedly are more than just about football (social movements, etc). They completely fucked up the Ray Rice situation. They likely over-reacted to the Elliott situation because of that. But you see countless players who have domestic violence incidents and other such that just resign with new teams. It's a joke.

Now we'll see if they really "care" in the near future.
View Quote

I agree, I'm not trying to minimize anything he is alleged to have done, if true it's all disgusting. My main gripe with using the word rape in regards to stuff like this is that it minimizes what rape victims have gone through.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct."

Dude has 24 accusers. Dude has access to DOZENS of the best physical and massage therapists in the world through the NFL. And we still have "numerous unsolicited comments" from "many" other therapists he worked with?

They are massage therapists, not rolls of toilet paper. You don't need a new one every couple of days Deshaun.
View Quote

It will be shown that these persons were fat and ugly
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Stupid is expensive.

He's a wealthy, attractive, young athlete. If he really just wanted a woman to jerk him off he could have it handled easily without having to book a new random masseuse every week through Instagram. So even if your scenario is true, and some of these women are taking advantage, it is because Watson was an idiot to begin with.

However, I would question why he needed a new woman every time if they were actually willing. A number of the suits accuse him of trying to make a 2nd appointment, or asking for them to be available weekly, etc. So sounds like if he had a willing woman or two, he wouldn't need to hit up a new one every time right?

Of course there could be many others who we will never hear from who were willing. /shrug
View Quote

What really sucks about something like this is that if nothing can be done criminally, then to a wealthy guy like Watson it's basically expensive hookers with extra steps.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Watson needs to hire a new lawyer and/or PR team because they are making him look even worse.

The ONLY reason he saw any of these woman is because his usual masseuse was unavailable due to COVID?

Watson has not once ever treated ANY female with anything but the utmost respect?

It's hard to imagine any non-Watson leghumper buying both of those statements.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting, if they really do have evidence of blackmail that would put a huge question mark on the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I also like the blackmail defense. One typically needs to have done something in order for a person to have leverage to blackmail them.

This woman contacted him in January. Months ago. Before all the allegations and law suits. When there were ZERO accusers out there.

I know that doesn't prove guilt, but it sure makes it sound like the attorney just admitted Watson may have been up to something.
View Quote

Well, if the theory here is that Watson is contacting IG massauses because they're actually hookers, then something she could blackmail him with probably did occur.

That said, you're in a room naked with a masseuse 1 on 1. She can claim anything she wants and currently the #metoo and #believeallwomen types will take it as gospel. Simply the threat of dragging your name through the mud could be used as blackmail, even if nothing could be proven.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Interesting, if they really do have evidence of blackmail that would put a huge question mark on the whole thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opposite for me. If one of these women was trying to blackmail him in January, before any cases/suits were filed or revealed. Before anyone band-wagoned. It tells me that he was likely doing bad things worth being blackmailed over. Especially since no mention of it was ever made publicly and he apparently (based on that statement) never filed charges for blackmail/extortion.

Meanwhile you still have 23 other women right now, so even if you removed one, it wouldn't invalidate their claims. And even her act of extortion shouldn't effect a civil suit much, only a potential criminal charge with that individual.

Then the defense of needing to find dozens of WOMEN, many of whom are NOT licensed therapists (suits by a cosmetician, two estheticians, unlicensed massage therapists), on Instagram because his ONE regular masseuse was not working due to Covid? /facepalm
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, man.  Even if one of them was blackmailing him for a quick payday without having to deal with the fallout of forever being known as "that girl that..." it wouldn't even come close to all the evidence the plaintiffs possess if the lawyer has what he claims to have.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That said, you're in a room naked with a masseuse 1 on 1. She can claim anything she wants and currently the #metoo and #believeallwomen types will take it as gospel. Simply the threat of dragging your name through the mud could be used as blackmail, even if nothing could be proven.
View Quote

Going out on a limb here.

If you're a celebrity, you probably shouldn't be naked in a hotel room with any woman you met on Instagram that you contacted for "services". Especially when your public excuse of those services (a massage) isn't even their field (two estheticians and a cosmetician).
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I dunno, man.  Even if one of them was blackmailing him for a quick payday without having to deal with the fallout of forever being known as "that girl that..." it wouldn't even come close to all the evidence the plaintiffs possess if the lawyer has what he claims to have.
View Quote

Bold claims of overwhelming evidence turning out to be nothing have happened quite a lot in the last few years.

Getting paid to be a victim seems like a growth industry.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you're a celebrity, you probably shouldn't be naked in a hotel room with any woman you met on Instagram that you contacted for "services". Especially when your public excuse of those services (a massage) isn't even their field (two estheticians and a cosmetician).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i could only imagine the amount of times these guys get hit up on insta by thirsty hoes.

are you familiar with the No Jumper podcast with Adam 22??

look up his interview with selena powell and aliza jane where jane talks about blowing SEVEN NBA PLAYERS one after another in a hotel room...
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#27]
"We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man."

"I have met people who I haven’t sexually assaulted." - Deshaun Watson
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Bold claims of overwhelming evidence turning out to be nothing have happened quite a lot in the last few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the lawyer doesn't have what he claims to have it will soon be known and his reputation and possibly his career will be ruined.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If the lawyer doesn't have what he claims to have it will soon be known and his reputation and possibly his career will be ruined.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude may very well be the, if not one of the, most famous lawyers in Texas.

If he didn't have copies of the Instagram DMs, texts and phone records BEFORE filing the suits, he is dumb as hell and should have never managed to reach his level of success already.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man."

"I have met people who I haven’t sexually assaulted." - Deshaun Watson
View Quote

Haha, IKR?

It'd be like you being accused of murdering a valet who parked your car and your lawyer defends you by saying "we've received numerous comments from valets that said David was a great customer and did NOT murder them."
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Haha, IKR?

It'd be like you being accused of murdering a valet who parked your car and your lawyer defends you by saying "we've received numerous comments from valets that said David was a great customer and did NOT murder them."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I have met people who I haven't sexually assaulted." - Deshaun Watson

Haha, IKR?

Even Ted Bundy had a loving wife who believed he was innocent until the end.
I think Bill Cosby's wife is still claiming he was innocent.

It would be stranger if they COULDN'T find a woman to say he was a decent man. Would have meant he was out there sexually assaulting errybody!

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#32]
According to the news, they just filed number 16. It was some woman who did body contouring. His M O was the same.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
According to the news, they just filed number 16. It was some woman who did body contouring. His M O was the same.
View Quote

I've got county clerk website on bookmark. BRB.

Edit: Yep, I see a 15th and 16th filed for today. I'll get to work on loading them up.

Double Edit:
15th: https://pdfhost.io/v/WpbPxIuZa_Suit_15PDF.pdf
16th: https://pdfhost.io/v/freNpWzHe_Suit_16PDF.pdf

Off to read them, summarize and update the 1st page.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
are you familiar with the No Jumper podcast with Adam 22??

look up his interview with selena powell and aliza jane where jane talks about blowing SEVEN NBA PLAYERS one after another in a hotel room...
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#35]
#15: October 2020, Houston body contouring and skin tightening services

Single mother who works at a Spa. Boss asked her to do a massage for Watson. She has never done a massage working for that spa before. Boss told her she may have to sign a NDA because of the client's profile. She did not sign one.

Watson did not arrive until 7pm once the spa was empty. This is when she discovered it would be Deshaun Watson. Entered the room, got naked, laid face down. She began massaging his lower legs as she was instructed. Watson asked her what she was doing and told her to "come up" to his inner thighs and around his butt.

Watson asked her to go deeper, to touch his anus and testicles. She declined. Watson then flipped over exposing his penis and told her to massage his inner thighs and stomach. Says she was terrified and was forced to brush his penis while massaging those areas as he did not cover himself. Watson told her not to be scared to touch him. She said that was not what she was paid to do and Watson told her that is what he was paying for. She again declined and quickly finished. Watson only paid her 1/3rd of his bill.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#36]
#16: May 2020, Houston wellness therapy services

Contacted through Instagram. Watson asked if she was a massage therapist, she told him no, she was a certified personal trainer. Usually helped with therapy and massages were not her specialty. He booked her anyways and said he wanted her to focus on his groin and glutes and lower abdominals.

Massage took place at Deshaun Watson's home. Watson messaged her (evidence) saying she could come dressed in "casually relaxing attire" and "you don't have to be full professional".

Watson laid face down on a table just with a towel covering himself. Massage went normally. Then Watson flipped over onto his back and the towel fell off fully exposing himself. He then moved his penis onto her hand. She says Watson had pre-ejaculation leaking which was on her hand.

Watson said, "I hope you do not mind if we continue the massage like this." She says she froze, felt disgusted and confused and stuttered saying, "I do not know. I do not know.". She decided to end the massage and told Watson it was time to go. Watson got up, fully nude and asked if he could hug her. She declined and Watson responded, "Oh c'mon, I saw your Instagram. I know what you're working with." She again said it was time to go. Watson replied, "Aww okay. Well, if we had time, would we do what we do?" She immediately left.

When she got home she called her mother and best friend and explained what happened and said she was traumatized by the event. Watson texted her later asking her if she was okay. She did not respond. Four weeks later Watson contacted her again trying to book another appointment. She said she was too busy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If this is true, which if he contacted them how they say he did then a pattern should be quick and easy to verify, the guy is a fucking retard. $156M could afford him a stable of hookers to do his "massages", but nope, not for him. Rules don't apply to him
View Quote

I think it is more about power than sex.  Hookers would not be as exciting because there would be no risk, no adrenaline.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody seems to care when claims seem to be unfounded any more...

down the memory hole it goes...
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#39]
So, once again, neither the 15th or 16th victims are massage therapists. From memory we have 6 or 7 that were not massage therapists, and then 1 or 2 that were unlicensed massage therapists.

The 15th suit is the very first one in which she had no contact with Watson prior to or after the event. No Instagram or texts or phone calls. Was all negotiated through her boss.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think it is more about power than sex.  Hookers would not be as exciting because there would be no risk, no adrenaline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this is true, which if he contacted them how they say he did then a pattern should be quick and easy to verify, the guy is a fucking retard. $156M could afford him a stable of hookers to do his "massages", but nope, not for him. Rules don't apply to him

"Like every serial killer already knew: eventually fantasizing just doesn't do it for you anymore."
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A MSM "journalist" or some random blogger: sure.

One of the most famous lawyers in Texas: no.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I agree, I'm not trying to minimize anything he is alleged to have done, if true it's all disgusting. My main gripe with using the word rape in regards to stuff like this is that it minimizes what rape victims have gone through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know "oral rape" is a legal term and could be applicable, but for the great majority of all these suits it is exposure and moving his penis to make contact with the women's hands. It is definitely criminal and deviant behavior, but should not be lumped in with vaginal/anal rape.

However, even just (feels dirty to even say "just" these actions) the exposure and moving his penis into contact and requesting sexual services should be enough to see him never play a down of football again.

The NFL supposedly likes to protect the shield and the brand. They reportedly are more than just about football (social movements, etc). They completely fucked up the Ray Rice situation. They likely over-reacted to the Elliott situation because of that. But you see countless players who have domestic violence incidents and other such that just resign with new teams. It's a joke.

I agree. Having to see a penis or being touched with one is a far cry from a true violent sexual assault. It is illegal and immoral behavior, but calling every form of sexual misconduct "rape" cheapens the word.

It mostly sounds like this dude is the Louis CK of football.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nope, I go for evidence....and in this case looks like shenanigans are being played.  All of the women are "Jane Doe" and the lawyer won't reveal their names for discovery.  Also looks like a blackmail case is possibly connected.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Deshaun-Watsons-lawyer-releases-statement-on-sexual-assault-allegations-Clemson-Football-37619
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Media sensationalism + money.  They want to make a good guy into a bad guy.  Watson asked for a trade, is loaded thanks to his contract,  has been very vocal against the Texans, and like I said, the attorney suing him lives on the same street as the Texans owner. Plus to go from 1 to 12 to 22 seems a little odd to me (given that they tried a settlement and one of the accusers is from the time between then and the lawsuit).

White Knighting a NFL thug

LOFL

Based on his ridiculous "to me, having watched Watson play at Clemson, this screams Duke LaCrosse case" post it seems likely he is white knighting him because Watson played at Clemson and he doesn't want to believe he'd do that regardless of the evidence.

I've watched Watson for a long time, even before he came to Clemson.  I base my opinion solely on what I know, which could be wrong. Having known 2 people close to the Duke LaCrosse scandal, it piqued my radar.....add to that the reputation of the attorney, and we'll, you get the idea.  Watson could be totally guilty, and if so deserves whatever punishment he gets.  But right now it doesn't pass the smell test to me.

You're an obvious Watson leghumper.  There could be video evidence corroborating every single accusation AND Watson could confess that it's all true and it still probably wouldn't pass your "smell test."

"The videos are fake! The confession was coerced!"

Nope, I go for evidence....and in this case looks like shenanigans are being played.  All of the women are "Jane Doe" and the lawyer won't reveal their names for discovery.  Also looks like a blackmail case is possibly connected.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Deshaun-Watsons-lawyer-releases-statement-on-sexual-assault-allegations-Clemson-Football-37619

I love how you start your post with "nope" and then immediately proceed to demonstrate how it's actually "yup."
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I agree. Having to see a penis or being touched with one is a far cry from a true violent sexual assault. It is illegal and immoral behavior, but calling every form of sexual misconduct "rape" cheapens the word.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't he just jerk himself off with a girl in the room or something along those lines?

The allegations against Watson are a LOT worse than that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

16 suits. 15 of them were messaged through Instagram, or text messages, or called on the phone. There will be evidence of all of that. That's a big stack of digital evidence waiting to be seen in court.

Why should their names be revealed outside of court? They are potentially victims of sexual assault. Their lawyer has already received death threats against himself, his staff and even his children. Do you think sexual assault victims should be exposed to potentially millions of people doubting and accusing and harassing them?

Meanwhile Watson's defense is his 1 normal masseuse was shut down for Covid, so he had to contact TWENTY FOUR other women, mostly through Instagram, to give him massages. But those massages had to ONLY be around his upper legs, buttocks, groin and abdomen. No lower legs. No arms. No shoulders. No neck.

Meanwhile half of the women were not licensed massage therapists, with a large percentage not even being in the massage field. Admitting they told Watson they were never trained or licensed to do massages, but he was okay with them doing it anyways.

He did not go through the teams licenses, high dollar, physical therapists or masseuses. He didn't go to large massage parlors/businesses. He went to a bunch of women on Instagram...
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sorry the word NFL hurt you. You can ignore the NFL part if it makes you feel better.

Let's rephrase it, "A popular and wealthy young celebrity was accused of sexual assault by 22 women."
View Quote

The quarterback with the lowest Wonderlic score of his draft class.

Am I in before the  NFL changes its name to "No Forced Lovin'?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder how many massage therapists have caved over the years and got paid extra for a happy ending?

I bet they are kicking themselves in the ass now for not refusing and getting in on this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lawyer has repeatedly talked about vetting the accusations. If he neglected the part where a chick tried to blackmail Watson then took the case anyways it taints the rest of his cases IMO. If he was unaware, he didn't vet very well and it at least makes him look slightly incompetent and that lady shady.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

100% but we discussed that in the old thread, lol.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top