Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 101
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Only two ours until the Raiders/Steelers game ––- 40 years since "That Piece of Shit" Reception.

Read the new book "The last of the Headbangers"  Great book on football in the 70s, no matter which side you rooted for

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish I had TV to watch the NFL.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Lions barely beat the Rams, get blown out by 49ers and losing to what everyone thought was the worst team.

Well, now it is being shown. The Lions are actually the worst team in the NFL.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
broncos gonna go down again this week

Nope.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Lions barely beat the Rams, get blown out by 49ers and losing to what everyone thought was the worst team.

Whoah, slow down, there. I'm pretty sure the Browns are worse.

Wanna fight about it?

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoah, slow down, there. I'm pretty sure the Browns are worse.

Wanna fight about it?  

Whatever, the Browns are going to blow Buffalo out by 16.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Lets see if buffalo will wake up in the second half
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Only two ours until the Raiders/Steelers game ––- 40 years since "That Piece of Shit" Reception.

Read the new book "The last of the Headbangers"  Great book on football in the 70s, no matter which side you rooted for

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8018/7657005858_dea57d97fb_z.jpg

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Bucs/Cowboys game was an s-show. Refs essentially changed the game with a bad call, Bucs should have had a fumble recovery touchdown.

ETA: Otherwise the refs called a decent game, though. Just a blatant mistake that would be easy on the field if you're watching the ball.

ETA2: Forgot that the ref threw his hat and tripped up Ogletree in the endzone too. That was kind of funny though...
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what Pill Villapiano called it in the book

However, the refs in this game stink ––- both ways.  That WAS a complete pass
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's ok man. You seem like a good guy, despite being a Raiders fan.

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Jaws just said that none of the 3 interceptions that Peyton Manning threw Monday night were his fault.

The fault llies with the recievers.

didn't see the game, but that is often accurate––there are many INTs that aren't the fault of the QB.  most common are balls tipped at the line of scrimmage, or perfect passes that receivers just don't catch.

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lions HC is of the Jeff Fisher mold. That's why they lose. You got Megatron against Tn defense. Through it and let him go get it. Better RB. We got a win but it was a lot of luck
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesus,the Cards are putting the stamp on the Eagles...at least at this point.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I get chills watching our defense play.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ray Horton is a genius.Talk about a transformation.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rhodes LIT HIM UP TWICE!!!!  My eyes are watering from the joy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#18]
It's 2012––why the fuck are NFL teams still playing on fields with baseball diamonds on them? That shit seems low-rent to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#19]
The Texans are DESTROYING the Broncos!!!

21-5 in the 2nd

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably the only person in Alleghany county wearing a Raiders Hat at the moment.

Yesterday at Dunkin Donuts, the shift manager offered me a free "Pittsbugh Team" (Yellow frosting and Black Jimmies for those of you in Cleveland) donut if I took my hat off in the store.  I paid for my donuts.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's 2012––why the fuck are NFL teams still playing on fields with baseball diamonds on them? That shit seems low-rent to me.

Because noone is going to spend $200+ million for a single-use stadium that's only used for 8 football games a year.  

All of the NFL stadiums have secondary uses during the year. They go from football field to concert venue, baseball field, hockey rink, motocross arenas, etc.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Shit ain't cheap, man.

Not every town is willing to milk the taxpayers for a brand new stadium (I'm looking at you, Cleveland).

BTW, there's talk of extending a sin tax in Cleveland, to pay for a retractable roof.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because noone is going to spend $200+ million for a single-use stadium that's only used for 8 football games a year.  

All of the NFL stadiums have secondary uses during the year. They go from football field to concert venue, baseball field, hockey rink, motocross arenas, etc.

Smart ones (like the Indianapolis Colts) do. Stupid ones (like the Cleveland Browns) don't, and leave piles of money on the table.

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#24]
No one said build a new stadium, just fix the field.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Go Cardinals defense!

93 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown to end the first half!
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Go Cardinals defense!

Looks like vick is taking a beating. Hopefully this will be a blueprint for the rest of the NFL to beat those classless fucks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably the only person in Alleghany county wearing a Raiders Hat at the moment.

Yesterday at Dunkin Donuts, the shift manager offered me a free "Pittsbugh Team" (Yellow frosting and Black Jimmies for those of you in Cleveland) donut if I took my hat off in the store.  I paid for my donuts.  
Well ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I've gotten shit multiple times for wearing Steelers stuff in Baltimore.

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go Cardinals defense!

Looks like vick is taking a beating. Hopefully this will be a blueprint for the rest of the NFL to beat those classless fucks.

He's going to feel this one in the morning,he's been a punching bag today.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go Cardinals defense!

Hopefully a dog will run out and piss on him when he's laying on the field.

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go Cardinals defense!

Hopefully a dog will run out and piss on him when he's laying on the field.

lawl

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart ones (like the Indianapolis Colts) do. Stupid ones (like the Cleveland Browns) don't, and leave piles of money on the table.  

Yep.  LP Field in Nashville is home of the TSU Tigers on Saturdays, concerts, World Cup Soccer, and the Music City Bowl, along with all sorts of other stuff.  It's been a big draw for the city.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Lions are a joke.

Fucking barely win against a shitty ass Rams teams. And lose to the fucking TITANS.

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
broncos gonna go down again this week

Nope.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Jaws just said that none of the 3 interceptions that Peyton Manning threw Monday night were his fault.

didn't see the game, but that is often accurate––there are many INTs that aren't the fault of the QB.  most common are balls tipped at the line of scrimmage, or perfect passes that receivers just don't catch.  

Wasn't the case in that game.  Manning just fucked up.

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Da rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaiiiiders.........

Fuck yeah......
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
FUCK YEA

Hating the Steelers for EXACTLY 39 and 3/4 years.  To the Mother Fucking Day.

Work is going to be hell tommorrow

ETA:  
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I really like RGIII, but he needs to shut up.

He is just aggravating a bunch of D linemen that he will be playing against later.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
FUCK YEA

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/dancap55/Oakland_Raiders_shield_1963.gif

Congrats... I have absolutely nothing good to say. That game shouldn't have even been close. The defense was a liability in the 2ns half. The offense gave the game away. Ben was great up until the pressure was on....
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Go Pats!
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#40]
The referees in the Jets/Dolphins game were horrendous. They need the real refs back immediately.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FUCK YEA

Congrats... I have absolutely nothing good to say. That game shouldn't have even been close. The defense was a liability in the 2ns half. The offense gave the game away. Ben was great up until the pressure was on....

I would say the offense was great til the pressure was on.

They are a poor football team. Poorly coached and sorely lacking talent at key positions .

They will be lucky to win 8 games this year.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

FUCK YEA

There's a somewhat subliminal message in faint lettering underneath "Raiders" in that pic...

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#43]
That WR for Raiders got knocked the fuck out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Lions are a joke.

Fucking barely win against a shitty ass Rams teams. And lose to the fucking TITANS.

Their special teams really dicked them today. Then their coach made sure they didn't go to OT.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FUCK YEA

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/584/full/2337.gif

In the thread where Aiden had someone do up Steve in silver and black with a eye patch, we had this one made up for his Raiders quote about the Raiders needing the help of "Sweet Jesus in a Tee Shirt Tuxedo".

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't the case in that game.  Manning just fucked up.

Looked damn good against the number one pass defense today though. Damn near brought the Broncos back and won. I have him on my fantasy team but benched him because that pass D was supposed to be so good, then he shreds them, naturally.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The referees in the Jets/Dolphins game were horrendous. They need the real refs back immediately.

No they don't. The back ups well be fine, just a little practice. Fuck the greedy unions.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Falcons might be for real this year. Then again they might choke the first playoff game they play.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That WR for Raiders got knocked the fuck out.

Clear helmet to facemask shot, no call. Probably will be quite the fine though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

Quoted:
FUCK YEA

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/584/full/2337.gif

There's a somewhat subliminal message in faint lettering underneath "Raiders" in that pic...  

I had to zoom the living hell out of that to even see it  
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top