Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn. I was about to order one of those. I may have to rethink that now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My skin is I'm trying to find out what's going on, why they bait and switch, why the lies and deceit, and asking PSA what's the reason then being railroaded. I don't know if the gentleman is on this forum.
View Quote

You seem to be confused about several definitions, like "bait and switch" and "railroaded".  Possibly also "gentleman".
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You seem confused about several definitions, like "bait and switch" and being "railroaded".  Possibly also "gentleman".
View Quote

I'm literally dying over here
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
link? i was about to order one - i guess i'll hold off
View Quote

All joking aside it really has been a shit show. Its been/being discussed on the AK side here.

Readers Digest Version: if you want the same rifle/kit Rob Ski tested and praised.. Make sure you get the premium kit. The freedom kit has questionable cast parts (the bolt carrier being the big one).
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn. I was about to order one of those. I may have to rethink that now.
View Quote

Damn.  A third party unsubstantiated attack on PSA can be harmful to your health.  Or business.  Is PSA an Arfcom sponsor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

All joking aside it really has been a shit show. Its been/being discussed on the AK side here.

Readers Digest Version: if you want the same rifle/kit Rob Ski tested and praised.. Make sure you get the premium kit. The freedom kit has questionable cast parts (the bolt carrier being the big one).
View Quote

their blems are in stock, but non-blems completel rifles are out of stock.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
So they shipped something "A" that was advertised as being something "B" and when he returned something "A" they gave him his money back instead of sending him something "B"?  

Is that right?  If so, I'm not seeing a problem.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Serious question... I thought AK's were not known for accuracy and are wanted for the dead nuts reliability.  Would the cast parts really make a difference as long as it goes bang? Or do cast parts break a lot easier than billet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are you literally shaking?
View Quote

No, literally a slight tremble.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Literal or figurative?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't give a shit about trash can guns.

Literal or figurative?

Both. I think. Literally.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sounds like he got fired as a customer.

Read up on the Pareto Principle.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of the really early barreled receiver kits. There were no "premium" or "freedom" lines at that point. There was just one line.

I haven't been in the AK section much. What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Serious question... I thought AK's were not known for accuracy and are wanted for the dead nuts reliability.  Would the cast parts really make a difference as long as it goes bang? Or do cast parts break a lot easier than billet?
View Quote

They wear easily and can crack
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Was there a spillway involved?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread may be short lived.  Lemme pee in this corner to leave my mark.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So they sold something "A" that was advertised as being something "B" and when he returned something "A" they gave him his money back instead of sending him something "B"?  

View Quote
If you bought a car and it didn't have the rims you wanted on it, then you took the car back to get the correct rims put on it, and they just gave you the money back on the car instead without asking what you wanted to do, would u mad bro?

I think I would be.  Especially if they didn't refund what I paid for a transfer fee and shipping back and forth.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Someone needs to make an AK receiver from a trash can.  Literally.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn't Rob Ski try a box of replacements and they all failed?
OOPS corrected by follower Arfcommer later
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"mushrooming" on the carrier tail where the hammer hits is the biggest flaw Ive seen.

Id personally avoid the "freedom" kit and opt for the "premium" which Rob Ski tested if I were in the market for a solid AK from PSA. No cast parts. All billet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#21]
When did he no they weren't sending a knew one and how soon before you new about it? 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#22]
has anyone literally cross posted this to ak47.net?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#23]
It appears that someone who posts on some other gun forum feels he had a problem with PSA and the OP literally brought the story here to ARFcom.

This is literally a case for The Waaaaambulance.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Was there a spillway involved?
View Quote

Not just a spillway but an espill and a weir too!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't give a shit about trash can guns.
View Quote

Thank you for removing any doubt as to the veracity of your opinions.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So they shipped something "A" that was advertised as being something "B" and when he returned something "A" they gave him his money back instead of sending him something "B"?  

View Quote

The problem is it wasn't PSA's to keep.

That being said, there is definitely missing information in this story.  Probably a huge miscommunication our misunderstanding.

PSA's hilarious boilerplate response isn't very helpful, either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Didn't Rob Ski try a box of replacements and they all failed?
View Quote

Youre confused with DDI maybe?

Rob liked the PSA AK.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I own some "trash can guns" and they are really quite nice.    My vepr will hold its own or better with anything!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you bought a car and it didn't have the rims you wanted on it, then you took the car back to get the correct rims put on it, and they just gave you the money back on the car instead without asking what you wanted to do, would u mad bro?

I think I would be.  Especially if they didn't refund what I paid for a transfer fee and shipping back and forth.
View Quote

I was going to type out a thoughtful reply but I got about halfway through it and deleted it.

That is an absolutely horrible analogy. That is all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've been following the PSA AK thread on theakfiles, and it's a total shit show.
View Quote

That place reminds me of the apes from 2001, surrounding a monolith shaped like an AK.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't buy American made AK's. I don't think we have learned to make the parts yet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was going to post this same with brakes instead of rims.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Best bet is to always wait for GenII or III on anything gun related...

I lucked out with my last purchase from them. 9mm Colt AR lower and bolt that has been flawless after minor tinkering.

At least they refunded the money. They lost a RMA of mine for about 3 months. I totally forgot about it as it was a relatively cheap item but when I remembered I called them up. To their credit he put me on hold for a few minutes to figure things out then explained what happened. Apparently it got chucked in a bin and receiving never notified CS to send me a new one. No big deal. A few days later I had a new one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Someone needs to make an AK receiver from a trash can.  Literally.
View Quote

Didn't someone literally make one out of a shovel once here? It was pretty super.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I was going to type out a thoughtful reply but I got about halfway through it and deleted it.

That is an absolutely horrible analogy. That is all.
View Quote
Let's hear it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It appears that someone who posts on some other gun forum feels he had a problem with PSA and the OP literally brought the story here to ARFcom.

This is literally a case for The Waaaaambulance.
View Quote

I'm trying to shred some light on the situation, ask questions to get answers from a company that most of us here have bought something from. I was interested in this item, and seeing what's transpiring who wouldn't want answers? AR15 GD is the best place to ask this question !
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#38]
How dare they give him a full refund!!!

The nerve of them!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You seem to be confused about several definitions, like "bait and switch" and "railroaded".  Possibly also "gentleman".
View Quote

Or larceny.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#40]
If he literally got his money back then he should get on down the road. Consider it lucky.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That place reminds me of the apes from 2001, surrounding a monolith shaped like an AK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been following the PSA AK thread on theakfiles, and it's a total shit show.

Thaank you, omg they like literally sneeze cosmoline!

In all seriousness, the derp is off the charts in that place
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Let's hear it.
View Quote

1. Wheels (not rims) are personal preference and you are charged to upgrade/change them. The dealer/manufacturer doesn't just swap wheels because you decide after using the car you don't like them.
2. It would be fantastic if a dealership gave you the full purchase price back for what is now a used vehicle.
3. In the other case (brakes) mentioned above, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be happy to get full purchase price back after they found something defective on a new vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#43]
There is a lot of missing information, especially from PSA's perspectives. I would guess this is a customer being fired.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#44]
But....

How do you create the initial solid billet that then is machined to shape?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Just buy an Arsenal and forgo all the bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

1. Wheels (not rims) are personal preference and you are charged to upgrade/change them. The dealer/manufacturer doesn't just swap wheels because you decide after using the car you don't like them.
2. It would be fantastic if a dealership gave you the full purchase price back for what is now a used vehicle.
3. In the other case (brakes) mentioned above, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be happy to get full purchase price back after they found something defective on a new vehicle.
View Quote

1.If they claimed you were getting solid 24k gold wheels/rims/whatthefuckeveritdoesn'tmatter and you found out later that they were brass plated, tough shit huh?

2.It would be fantastic if you wanted them to do that.  What if the item has appreciated in value?

What if samsung walked in your house and ripped your TV off the wall?  As long as they gave you a refund right?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#47]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The situation presented is that the person involved didn't want and didn't agree to a refund.

So you should be able to think of one person.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they sold something "A" that was advertised as being something "B" and when he returned something "A" they gave him his money back instead of sending him something "B"?  

This is where they fucked up.

Someone sends in a product for an RMA, but when they instead just ship him a refund without explanation, and without covering his costs, they have just robbed him of whatever money he paid for shipping and transfer.

Nevermind whether or not they claimed to have no cast parts, as that is an entirely different bait/switch problem, it's the fact that they screwed him out of money.

And refusing to give an answer when the customer demands to know why they sent a refund instead of honoring their warranty is yet another problem that deserves a thread of its own.

"Fired as a customer" is bullshit when the company refuses to honor their warranty, and winds up costing the customer time/money with no return on that investment.

I expect someone to come along and lock this thread shortly.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#50]
So much drama, lol. 
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top