Page / 15
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Background checks on Ghost guns.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't need a brace to have an AR pistol.  They aren't gonna have much luck classifying all AR pistols and other rifles that don't have stocks as SBRs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But stakeholders have speculated that the president could announce regulations on concealed assault-style firearms; prohibitions on firearm purchases for those convicted of domestic violence against their partners; and federal guidance on home storage safety measures.

Could someone explain what is meant by the bolded part?

"Concealed assault-style firearms" is what the left/media have been referring to braced AR pistols as.

About the only thing they can do to regulate them is classify braces as stocks; AR pistols become SBRs.

You don't need a brace to have an AR pistol.  They aren't gonna have much luck classifying all AR pistols and other rifles that don't have stocks as SBRs.

They'll get reclassified as AOW's ..... that'll be enough to effectively ban their importation as well.....imported AOW's are treated as dealer-samples
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They can't stop some guy in his shop milling out a receiver. However, anyone doing it on any significant scale will be raided by the ATF just like the manufacturers of "fuel filters", "solvent traps", and "Auto Cards" have been for years. The current major manufacturers of 80% frames/receivers will lose nearly all their business shortly when they are forced to serialize and sell their products as firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this sounds like unenforceable bullshit.

They can't stop some guy in his shop milling out a receiver. However, anyone doing it on any significant scale will be raided by the ATF just like the manufacturers of "fuel filters", "solvent traps", and "Auto Cards" have been for years. The current major manufacturers of 80% frames/receivers will lose nearly all their business shortly when they are forced to serialize and sell their products as firearms.

Or just wait until the EO is released and start selling "79%" receivers.  That whole thing is going to be a bitch to tackle legislatively unless they start classifying blocks of plastic or aluminum/steel as firearms.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like feel-good nothings to me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Signed at 1300hrs............in court at 1305!  It should be challenged IMMEDIATELY after signing.  Oh and fuck the faux president and his hooker too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yea what does that mean? What should I be panic buying?
View Quote

AR pistols
AK pistols
Braced pistols
Folding stock AKs/ARs/MBRs
Collapsible stocks
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
They'll use it to close the "gun show loophole" and make background checks mandatory. It's possible they try and also go after "ghost guns" as well to the same effect.

They need a win. I don't think they'll go after braces, that would be done via some interpretation of policy via the ATF

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck Joe Biden and his orders. He’s not my supervisor
View Quote

I couldn't have said it any better.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.  Bend over serfs and grab your ankles.
View Quote

Ayup. If Republican presidents issue EO’s infringing on the RKBA why would one be shocked when the Democrat does it.. the mind boggles.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good thing he didn't call them executive orders.

I've been told its not anti-gun if you don't call them EOs.
View Quote

Yep,just call it a "Memorandum" and everyone here will simmer down.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thank god they are finally taking action on "concealed assault-style firearms".

Wtf?

View Quote

Its the political term for Pistol Braces
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Executive action on guns lmao

No way that will hold up in all but the most flagrantly anti-constitution courts

Eat my ass Joe Biden, if you think I’m going to comply you can kiss my ass. And to my personally-assigned federal agent, you can kiss my ass too, and then kiss Joe’s assy lips.  Hot!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Add a (removable) handle to the side and reclassify as a paperweight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#14]
This story showing up all over the MSM... damn vultures are so anxious for gun control, makes me sick.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Identify as LGBBQWTF aluminum trophies.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup. They aren't gonna save us.
View Quote

Unfortunately it is too compromised or corrupt to follow the Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That could be an interesting mess.  If an AR pistol has to be registered as a SBR, do you need to keep the brace on or can you legally switch to a stock?  (Since it's a short-barreled rifle now.)  Does that make the hobbyist a manufacturer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he reclassifies AR pistols as SBRs, it would seem to be as likely that many more illegal SBRs would be made as those that would be converted back (which is also, legally, impossible, is it not?) or registered as SBRs.  In for a penny, in for a pound.

I'm not really that concerned.  I guess I just don't respect the feds since I came the personal realization that we're just a banana republic.

People will just switch out the SBA3 for rubber boot.

When society finally collapses, stocks will go on.

That could be an interesting mess.  If an AR pistol has to be registered as a SBR, do you need to keep the brace on or can you legally switch to a stock?  (Since it's a short-barreled rifle now.)  Does that make the hobbyist a manufacturer?

AR Pistols have been a thing for a long time before braces, they just looked like this,

The brace is more cosmetic. Without the brace, you use a longer tube if you want length. That makes them untouchable to the ATF.  It’s the brace that cosmetically looks like a stock that got everyone’s panties in a wad.  If its an SBR, you can attach a real stock.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Black market: engage
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I read this while pooping.
View Quote

Coinkydink!  High five!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Foreign import ban would be devastating
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

AR Pistols have been a thing for a long time before braces, they just looked like this,

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/68/88/4e/68884e92d0d19b724ac5ff6455b75fbc.jpg

The brace is more cosmetic. Without the brace, you use a longer tube if you want length. That makes them untouchable to the ATF.  It's the brace that cosmetically looks like a stock that got everyone's panties in a wad.  If its an SBR, you can attach a real stock.
View Quote
Just needs a "pistol hanging device" on the end.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
this sounds like unenforceable bullshit.
View Quote

Oh, it will be enforced. Slowly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Or just wait until the EO is released and start selling "79%" receivers.  That whole thing is going to be a bitch to tackle legislatively unless they start classifying blocks of plastic or aluminum/steel as firearms.
View Quote

The Ca style "precursor parts" is gonna become a thing.

Soon having a a trigger/barrel/slide will become a criminal act like buying sudafed.

They will clamp down on any mail order parts from parts to ammo.

Stocking up on parts should be a thing beyond just ghost guns.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We sure showed Mr Bumby Stock man the what for.
View Quote

Yep,showed him that we the vast majority of Republicans are OK with Republican gun control.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Foreign import ban would be devastating
View Quote

They know it and they'll do it. Losing ammo imports will be especially painful.

...and it will do absolutely nothing to make anyone safer; it's only a knife jab in the leg of the gun community just to make us hurt some for not believing as they do.

Fuck Biden.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So he's going to get the ATF to reclassify 80%s as firearms and braced pistols as SBRs?

Good thing there's no precedent for the ATF being directed by the executive branch to make arbitrary reclassifications.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So he's going to get the ATF to reclassify 80%s as firearms and braced pistols as SBRs?

Good thing there's no precedent for the ATF being directed by the executive branch to make arbitrary reclassifications.

I'd be a bit more concerned about the executive getting steered into taking that action after the items in question were used by the boyfriend of an FBI informant to hose down a crowd, after which the FBI left the shooter's home unguarded resulting in it getting burglarized and cleaned out.  

We are past the point where precedent means anything.   These people will do whatever they think they can get away with, or whatever they think will benefit them.

Quoted:
Quoted:
He can wad those executive actions up, hold them in his fist, then repeatedly plunge the fist deeply into his own anus.

He can probably do it.

But Hunter's an expert at it.

It's never a wrong time to point out that Hunter's laptop had pics of him screwing a dude on it, right?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Soon having a a trigger/barrel/slide will become a criminal act like buying sudafed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have qualified my statement with "via EO."  There is quite a bit on the table if they go the legislative route, although it's yet to be seen what they'll actually be able to accomplish with the current Congress.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Pray tell, which existing laws would these Executive Orders be related to?  Or are they dreamt up from whole cloth?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Thursday is tomorrow.
The real question is.....will FJB remember?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I just LOVE to read posts by the young and ignorant.

Trump WAS NOT the first president to tell the ATF to arbitrary classify some sort of firearm or accessory in a new manner.

When Clinton was in power, he instructed Lloyd Bentsen, then Sec. of the Treasury (in charge of ATF at the time), to reclassify the "Streetsweeper" shotgun and similar as Destructive Devices under the NFA.

In other words, this sort of dictatorial approach has been around for FAR longer than D. Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congress and constitution don’t matter? Go fuck yourself.

And fuck Trump too for the bump stock ban. Fuck all these politicians.

I just LOVE to read posts by the young and ignorant.

Trump WAS NOT the first president to tell the ATF to arbitrary classify some sort of firearm or accessory in a new manner.

When Clinton was in power, he instructed Lloyd Bentsen, then Sec. of the Treasury (in charge of ATF at the time), to reclassify the "Streetsweeper" shotgun and similar as Destructive Devices under the NFA.

In other words, this sort of dictatorial approach has been around for FAR longer than D. Trump.

No,Trump wasn't the first Republican to fuck us over. He was the first to play up the 2nd Amendment and pander the shit out of us and form a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro gun son though.

I can't think of any other Republican on my lifetime that pushed the 2nd so hard.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Why isn't Hunter in jail for his blatant drug use???? Or why wasn't he arrested for his firearm violations?

If these assholes don't have to follow laws then neither will I.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oh, it will be enforced. Slowly.
View Quote

Nailed it.

One traffic stop, and one call for service at a time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don’t wear a mask and don’t give in to this BS. Stand your ground and say F off. AZ just past a bill telling the federal government we will not recognize any additional federal firearms regulations
View Quote

The stupid mask shit is a deliberate red herring.   Do wear one - when you need to take advantage of the anonymity.  Hound lefties for wearing them incorrectly or for breaking any of a long list of rules, especially if you invented them  .
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will the supreme court continue to be silent on these executive actions?
View Quote

I'm sure they'll have our backs this time. Nine lawyers in black robes will save us.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good thing the courts threw out the bump stock ban. Hopefully they throw out whatever Slow Joe does here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing the courts threw out the bump stock ban. Hopefully they throw out whatever Slow Joe does here.

Only the 6th ruled against the Bumpstock ban-there's a ways to go before the courts final ruling. And they are still illegal.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Take as many scary words as you can think of, roll them all up into one phrase, and pretend it means something as you convince people to clamor for their liberty to be taken away.
View Quote

I did this once. I came up with:
"An ultra high-power, super military grade, extended capacity, fully semi-automatic AR15 assault weapon make-america-great-again baby-killer ghost gun." Better add "concealable" in there as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No,Trump wasn't the first Republican to fuck us over. He was the first to play up the 2nd Amendment and pander the shit out of us and form a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro gun son though.

I can't think of any other Republican on my lifetime that pushed the 2nd so hard.
View Quote

Reagan. He was a big supporter of the 2nd.

Just look at what he did in Kali and what he signed in 1986. He was just pushing the 2nd the wrong way.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow.

Joe Biden, is that you?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I should have qualified my statement with "via EO."  There is quite a bit on the table if they go the legislative route, although it's yet to be seen what they'll actually be able to accomplish with the current Congress.
View Quote

If a stock can be a machine gun then I am sure a slide or barrel can be deemed a firearm
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Shall not be infringed
View Quote

Well,by democrats anyway...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Do it retard, I don't give a shit. FJB
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Totally different scenario- Bumpstocks were banned by a Republican, so they were just silly range toys and shit. Now the democrats are looking at banning shit-COMPLETELY different scenario.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#44]
COMPLY
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
One more news article.  LINK

background check check on 80% receivers
regulations on concealed assault-style firearms
prohibitions on firearm purchases for those convicted of domestic violence against their partners
federal guidance on home storage safety measures

Let the litigation begin.  Didn't AZ just enact a Federal gun law preemption law?
View Quote

Great how none of those would have stopped the spa shooter or the Colorado grocery shooter. There were no 80% guns involved and none of the shooters were prohibited persons, last point is moot. Even if #2 was in effect the CO shooter would have just picked a 16" rifle and moved on.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It will probably be something like anyone who buys an unfinished firearm frame with the intent of turning it into a functional firearm must complete a NICS check before it can be shipped.  Lots of brave talk here, but you won't get your P80s without a check.  That's not really the worst thing, because they will have no idea which one you finished.  You may have 12 p80 G19s and one NICS depending on when you ordered them.  Also, some of them get misdrilled or otherwise ruined.
View Quote

Printer goes brrrrrr
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ayup. If Republican presidents issue EO’s infringing on the RKBA why would one be shocked when the Democrat does it.. the mind boggles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.  Bend over serfs and grab your ankles.

Well,Trump issued a "Memorandum"-not even close to the same thing as an EO.  Totally different.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#48]
man the greys are piling up in this thread and remarkably good restraint being shown.  Nothing worse than ignoring the shills and then people go quoting them in pee-pee contests.  Go GD go!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They'll use it to close the "gun show loophole" and make background checks mandatory. It's possible they try and also go after "ghost guns" as well to the same effect.

They need a win. I don't think they'll go after braces, that would be done via some interpretation of policy via the ATF

View Quote

By executive order ? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#50]
What are the odds at this point that I actually receive the GST-9 lowers that I backordered from 80 Percent Ams last August of 2020?

I’m thinking 0% and complete loss of my money?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top