BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Reagan. He was a big supporter of the 2nd.

Just look at what he did in Kali and what he signed in 1986. He was just pushing the 2nd the wrong way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No,Trump wasn't the first Republican to fuck us over. He was the first to play up the 2nd Amendment and pander the shit out of us and form a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro gun son though.

I can't think of any other Republican on my lifetime that pushed the 2nd so hard.

Reagan. He was a big supporter of the 2nd.

Just look at what he did in Kali and what he signed in 1986. He was just pushing the 2nd the wrong way.

I don't remember Reagan pushing the 2nd as hard as Trump did. Trump brought it up every chance he got, and loved the cheering when he did.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They'll use it to close the "gun show loophole" and make background checks mandatory. It's possible they try and also go after "ghost guns" as well to the same effect.

They need a win. I don't think they'll go after braces, that would be done via some interpretation of policy via the ATF

View Quote

"Needing a win" is for politics and elections and shit.

They've moved past that onto the "consolidation of power" and "boots on necks" phase.   You know, in case you missed that whole "we're gonna arrest people who traveled to our opponent's rally and/or put them on the no fly list" and other obnoxious bullshit lately.

If they push something through, it will be something intended to have some specific effect, not just some propaganda victory.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]
"Concealable assault-style firearms" - defined

Four House Democrats sent a letter to President Biden asking him to take executive action to regulate concealable assault-style firearms, like the weapon used in the recent shooting in Boulder, Colorado, which killed 10 people...
"Concealable assault-style firearms that fire rifle rounds pose an unreasonable threat to our communities and should be fully regulated under the National Firearms Act consistent with the intent and history of the law. The recent tragedy in Boulder, Colorado where 10 people including a police officer were killed is one in a string of deadly incidents involving this style of weapon," the letter to Mr. Biden said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-gun-control-executive-action-house-democrats/
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Or just wait until the EO is released and start selling "79%" receivers.  That whole thing is going to be a bitch to tackle legislatively unless they start classifying blocks of plastic or aluminum/steel as firearms.
View Quote

Looks like a gun to me!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck Joey.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Some people mention Trump in every post in every thread. Lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah,much better to ignore Trump fucking us on gun control and pretend it never happened. You know,treat it like the 2nd Amendment Coalition.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]

I expect they are going to focus on serial numbers. No serial number and paper trail=felony. Next somebody will say that they need a list of all the guns that are already in circulation that don't have a paper trail to the owner. They will swear it is something other than Universal Registration. That is exactly why we have to make it clear we are very opposed to more gun laws, "universal background checks".
We should all recognize the plan for what it really is by now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd just like to say I'm happy to see the vast majority (maybe everyone? ) of this site finally come together and be pissed about gun control.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Remember the Flat Plate AR?

Pepridge Farms remembers...

There is also a handy blueprint drawing out there for machining a bolt together AR lower from some .125 inch aluminum flat plate and some like 1.25x2.5 inch barstock.

Fusion 360 has a free license available for hobby use.   Even has a CAM package available for those with CNC equipment to generate Gcode or export STLs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I expect they are going to focus on serial numbers. No serial number and paper trail=felony. Next somebody will say that they need a list of all the guns that are already in circulation that don't have a paper trail to the owner. They will swear it is something other than Universal Registration. That is exactly why we have to make it clear we are very opposed to more gun laws, "universal background checks".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"The plan" has been the slow erosion of the 2nd Amendment one piece at a time.

And that is why some of us get pissed when the Republicans help with that fucking erosion.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just wait until the EO is released and start selling "79%" receivers.  That whole thing is going to be a bitch to tackle legislatively unless they start classifying blocks of plastic or aluminum/steel as firearms.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fi%2F264308247023-0-1%2Fs-l1000.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Looks like a gun to me!

OMG, HE'S GOT A BLOCK OF TOFU!  SOMEONE CALL THE ATF!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Does the 2A’s intended purpose go into effect tomorrow?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what the ignore list is for. That one particular dipshit who mentions it every post is just a grey line to me. Some people just aren't worth reading.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/Racb091da0d22436a80cfb4a5bda60c5f?rik=RTUrz5%2fvWdSJVw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thefirearmblog.com%2fblog%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2017%2f05%2fIMG_8836.jpg&ehk=Vh91PXIiepXjLwgcZ1Hcx5kS%2bq6JuCXpRsrKzNk9s2U%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

There is also a handy blueprint drawing out there for machining a bolt together AR lower from some .125 inch aluminum flat plate and some like 1.25x2.5 inch barstock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/Racb091da0d22436a80cfb4a5bda60c5f?rik=RTUrz5%2fvWdSJVw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thefirearmblog.com%2fblog%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2017%2f05%2fIMG_8836.jpg&ehk=Vh91PXIiepXjLwgcZ1Hcx5kS%2bq6JuCXpRsrKzNk9s2U%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

There's plans for lots of things out there that you can make.

All fine and dandy until you get caught with what you made.

Just because hillary,hunter,lerner,holder,etc. can ignore the law and not have any issues,doesn't mean us little people can as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah,much better to ignore Trump fucking us on gun control and pretend it never happened. You know,treat it like the 2nd Amendment Coalition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why focus on the smaller infringements of the past instead of the very real much bigger threat that faces us today ?

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

And 2x4's, spools of printer polymer, black iron pipes, 2-part resins, etc....
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fusion 360 has a free license available for hobby use.   Even has a CAM package available for those with CNC equipment to generate Gcode or export STLs.
View Quote

Is that plasma cut steel plates welded together?

Bolt together flat plate aluminum AR lower was the one I remembered.

Bare minimum would be a hacksaw, scale/ruler, scribe, compass or dividers, center punch, and an electric drill.  

With a cnc wood router, you could knock it all out in a single set up and only one tool change (drilling holes vs cutting out pieces).
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There's plans for lots of things out there that you can make.

All fine and dandy until you get caught with what you made.

Just because hillary,hunter,lerner,holder,etc. can ignore the law and not have any issues,doesn't mean us little people can as well.
View Quote

Well, philosphically speaking.

What is that saying about the older somebody gets the less of a threat the words "life in prison" becomes.

The push seems to be ever more about trying to intentionally bring people to considering that saying.

Many folks out there are gonna just stop caring.   About any of it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pray tell, which existing laws would these Executive Orders be related to?  Or are they dreamt up from whole cloth?
View Quote
wiped?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How is it even remotely legal to regulate firearms through an EO?
View Quote

“Sporting purposes” and other import restrictions. I would say AK pistols are in more danger than AR pistols
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

EOs aren’t even this guy.

Bills become laws when they go through the ENTIRE process.

Decrees are written by dictators and kings. Our POTUS is neither as laid out in our Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"Sporting purposes" and other import restrictions. I would say AK pistols are in more danger than AR pistols
View Quote

"Concealable assault-style firearms" - defined

Four House Democrats sent a letter to President Biden asking him to take executive action to regulate concealable assault-style firearms, like the weapon used in the recent shooting in Boulder, Colorado, which killed 10 people...
"Concealable assault-style firearms that fire rifle rounds pose an unreasonable threat to our communities and should be fully regulated under the National Firearms Act consistent with the intent and history of the law. The recent tragedy in Boulder, Colorado where 10 people including a police officer were killed is one in a string of deadly incidents involving this style of weapon," the letter to Mr. Biden said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-gun-control-executive-action-house-democrats/

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I read this while pooping.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#25]
That's fine, but he'll have to get the seal of approval from Texas judge first.

Executive Orders cannot create new law. To my knowledge, about the only thing Biden can do it ban imports. That would suck but, ironically, probably benefit us in the long run because it would encourage domestic competition and lead to an expansion of our manufacturing base.

He might be able to get away with requiring P80 buyers to go through a background check but it is iffy. The definition of a firearm under the Gun Control Act of 1968 includes the frame or receiver but does not really define what that is. I'm sure there is some case law out there that does. ATF appears to have just made up their own definition. Either way, I don't see how they could prevent private citizens from 3D printing their own frames in the privacy of their home. That would require a legislative change to the GCA of 1968.

They will also have a tough time banning braces for a couple reasons. Things like the American Disabilities Act come to mind, plus the recent success with the bumpstock case.

Federal storage requirements with the force of law - lol, not happening via an EO.

Basically, this is virtue signaling from the executive branch. I'm sure one of the 2A advocacy groups will be challenging these EOs in court not long after the ink dries, with positive results. This isn't the 1990s any more. The gun rights movement is stronger than ever with more judicial advocates than ever. This is far from bad news. Good news actually, because it gives us an opportunity to resolve some grey area issues permanently in court, like braces.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#26]
FJB
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Choo choo...

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#28]
An Overreach then a Supreme Court Battle. Probably classify everything as NFA items forcing you to register and pay a tax... magazines included. A waiting period with no end date. Whole bunch of fun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is that plasma cut steel plates welded together?

Bolt together flat plate aluminum AR lower was the one I remembered.

Bare minimum would be a hacksaw, scale/ruler, scribe, compass or dividers, center punch, and an electric drill.  

With a cnc wood router, you could knock it all out in a single set up and only one tool change (drilling holes vs cutting out pieces).
View Quote

They could be welded/spot welded/brazed together. The M1 Carbine had a stamped sheet metal trigger housing that was brazed together.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: GD spelling illiterate
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's fine, but he'll have to get the seal of approval from Texas judge first.

Executive Orders cannot create new law. To my knowledge, about the only thing Biden can do it ban imports. That would suck but, ironically, probably benefit us in the long run because it would encourage domestic competition and lead to an expansion of our manufacturing base.

He might be able to get away with requiring P80 buyers to go through a background check but it is iffy. The definition of a firearm under the Gun Control Act of 1968 includes the frame or receiver but does not really define what that is. I'm sure there is some case law out there that does. ATF appears to have just made up their own definition. Either way, I don't see how they could prevent private citizens from 3D printing their own frames in the privacy of their home. That would require a legislative change to the GCA of 1968.

They will also have a tough time banning braces for a couple reasons. Things like the American Disabilities Act come to mind, plus the recent success with the bumpstock case.

Federal storage requirements with the force of law - lol, not happening via an EO.

Basically, this is virtue signaling from the executive branch. I'm sure one of the 2A advocacy groups will be challenging these EOs in court not long after the ink dries, with positive results. This isn't the 1990s any more. The gun rights movement is stronger than ever with more judicial advocates than ever. This is far from bad news. Good news actually, because it gives us an opportunity to resolve some grey area issues permanently in court, like braces.
View Quote

Why couldn't Biden reclassify pistols like the Draco and M92 as NFA items?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#31]
FJB with a rusty fencepost.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can never forget it.  But we have to realize it’s not germane to this new problem.  By bringing it into discussions where it’s not needed fractures the cohesion of the overall community that would fight new infringement.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quick! Panic buy everything!
View Quote
Lol

If you haven't panic bought the last 5-10yrs you were dumb.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd just like to say I'm happy to see the vast majority (maybe everyone? ) of this site finally come together and be pissed about gun control.

View Quote

indeed. Just wish they were more ... consistent.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread is glowing hard
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"But muh bumpstocks..." TDS 'tards hardest hit

When the SCOTUS inevitably pusses out an refuses to slap down the executive branch, will arfcom mods (some of whom suffer from muh bumpstock TDS) lock 80% threads?
View Quote
It's not a 80% once it's milled.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Does the 2A’s intended purpose go into effect tomorrow?
View Quote

You going duck hunting and olympic target shooting or something?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I want my cake back.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Lol, gun control isn't about stopping crime, just like it isn't about saving lives, the children, or any other nonsense.
View Quote

It's about saving lives. Politicians lives. They can't go 100%commie send them to the gulags until they get our guns.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#40]
ZFG
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Welp, I guess I have to get an 80% Glock now.  Any preferred brands or vendors?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thank god they are finally taking action on "concealed assault-style firearms".

Wtf?

View Quote
They probably mean AR pistols/AK pistols.......but you know they will try to make it mean ALL firearms before its all said and done with.  Unless they crack down on the people who sell the kits I don't see how any of these is enforceable.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Everyone needs to follow any of those EO and other anti-gun unconstitutional laws the same exact way those breaking into the southern border follow our immigration laws and the way those same illegals follow our voting laws.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yea what does that mean? What should I be panic buying?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank god they are finally taking action on "concealed assault-style firearms".

Wtf?

Yea what does that mean? What should I be panic buying?

Rifles without a stock. Braces are going to be reinterpreted, and maybe the definition of a handgun. I don't think you can ban AR/AK pistols outright as it is law but they are probably going to do away with braces.

Solution - In 2024 Republicans need a majority and pro gun president. Remove SBR and SBS from the NFA. Will they do that? Doubtful.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So he's going to get the ATF to reclassify 80%s as firearms and braced pistols as SBRs?

Good thing there's no precedent for the ATF being directed by the executive branch to make arbitrary reclassifications.
View Quote

And wasn't that action deemed unconstitutional just a few days ago.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/federal-bump-stock-ban-blocked-by-divided-appeals-court
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why focus on the smaller infringements of the past instead of the very real much bigger threat that faces us today ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't see the hypocrisy?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We can never forget it.  But we have to realize it’s not germane to this new problem.  By bringing it into discussions where it’s not needed fractures the cohesion of the overall community that would fight new infringement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The goddamn Germans got nothing to do with it!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This thread is glowing hard
View Quote
Glad others noticed.  This whole site will be glowing more than ever over the next few months.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
this sounds like unenforceable bullshit.

They can't stop some guy in his shop milling out a receiver. However, anyone doing it on any significant scale will be raided by the ATF just like the manufacturers of "fuel filters", "solvent traps", and "Auto Cards" have been for years. The current major manufacturers of 80% frames/receivers will lose nearly all their business shortly when they are forced to serialize and sell their products as firearms.

They will regulate anything that includes an attachment point or indexing mark for a jig IMO.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I will respect gun laws when the government starts upholding immigration laws.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top