User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That entire movie sucked.

I kept waiting for the good part. Never happened.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seraphim Falls

That entire movie sucked.

I kept waiting for the good part. Never happened.

Been a long time, but I seem to remember thinking the first 30-60 minutes were decent.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Revenant.
View Quote

Good call.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No shit, Silverado's ending was classic western.  Every good guy gets to cap their own personal nemesis in a cinematic way and they ride off in to the sunset.

The only thing that would have made it better is if there was a threesome scene with Kevin Kline, Rosanna Arquette and Linda Hunt.

(Movie would have been better if there was a mid movie scene of Jake nailing Phoebe in a hay loft, but we're talking endings)
View Quote

I was hoping that most of the Magnificent 7 would live. Both movies.

And was hoping Augustus McRae would live for a sequel in Lonesome Dove. Him and Deets getting killed was a bummer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Dances With Wolves.
It either;
A: never ended
B: Had 16 endings.

It's like they couldn't figure out HOW to end it. Kind of like a song by The Police.

Dragged on WAY too long. I went to sleep in the theater.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Man on fire should have gone with the alternate ending.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Old Henry.

As soon as I saw the name on the gravestone toward the beginning of the movie I knew he'd turn out to be Billy the Kid and the wounded guy they helped would end up shooting him dead.

MOST. PREDICTABLE. MOVIE. EVER.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dances With Wolves.
It either;
A: never ended
B: Had 16 endings.

It's like they couldn't figure out HOW to end it. Kind of like a song by The Police.

Dragged on WAY too long. I went to sleep in the theater.
View Quote

Epic historical movies are often like that.  When you "get" what it's all about it is a beautiful thing.  The whole film is a documentary of a long-gone time in America.  I would have loved to live in the frontier days.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Believe at the end of the book and movie, there was an insect that was seen flying around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not mentioned yet, so here goes -

The Road. Probably the most depressing movie ever, and there is no end in sight. THe story didn't end, there was no light at the end of the tunnel, not even a train. Maybe that was the idea, but nothing happened. Maybe that was what made it so depressing, there was no end to the story. It just seemed to go on and on and

That whole story was such a shit storm of shit wrong with the world, the ending would have needed its own miniseries to undo all the fuckery that had happened to planet Earth. "Episode Five...crops start to grow again...", etc.

Believe at the end of the book and movie, there was an insect that was seen flying around.

Correct. There was an insect flying around at the end when it was implied that everything was dead.  

So the boy met up with the family, then there was the insect.  That all ment hope for the future
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Million Dollar Baby, loved it but the ending ruined it so bad for me I couldnt watch it again, but I did lose my dad around that time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The original Midway. They create a character for Charleton Heston, he leads the final attack, then crashes and dies trying to land. And back at Pearl Harbor Nimitz and Rochefort wax philosophical about what Heston's character might have thought about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Karate Kid III...spends the whole fight getting his ass kicked..."wins" in sudden death.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sunshine by Danny Boyle

Great until the Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Yep, first movie that comes to mind.  Gripping until that total WTF change of direction.

Angels and Demons was also really good until the lame plot twist.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He was blind the whole time!
View Quote

I don’t think he was blind the whole time. He just was blind at one point in time then “God” gave him his vision back.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Law abiding citizen

View Quote

I never understood why they made the bad guys win.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He was blind the whole time!
View Quote

NO. He was NOT blind. If anything he was partially blind. The only real suggestion he was blind was the bible being brail at the end, which can be misread since he knew the bible.

There's way too many indicators he was not blind. For example, at the beginning when he saw the road mobsters kill the people he kept going. Yet later in the movie in the bar he recognized the motorcyclists. How would he have recognized them if he never saw them?

When he was offered the room to stay in, how did he immediately walk over to the bed and set his bag down? Same scene, how did he accept the food tray and set it on the table without having seen the table before? Additionally, the very first fight scene, how would he be able to walk over and find the hand he cut off? It's not like the hand is flapping around.

At the end he repeated the bible word for word. This shows he memorized the bible and that's how he taught himself brail by already knowing what the Bible said, therefore he could read brail.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Blazing Saddles

Mel just isn't good at ending a movie
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#17]
All Quiet on the Western Front.  The original...
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"Titanic"

Who knew the damn boat was gonna sink?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Uggh....

The only one I can think of for now is that awful movie with Denzel Washington that premiered on HBOMax, "Little Things"...a bunch of build up and just major fail how it ended.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Million Dollar Baby, loved it but the ending ruined it so bad for me I couldnt watch it again, but I did lose my dad around that time.
View Quote

Yep, never had any interest watching it again
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Man on fire should have gone with the alternate ending.
View Quote

Man on fire ended perfectly.

Best movie ever made.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top