BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love them and took a bunch of medievel history in college.
So mu favorites. The Vikings, Robin and Marian, Robin Hood with Costner, The Kingdom of Heaven, The Crusades (1939), The Name of the Rose, King Arthur, Ivanhoe, especially the T V version.

Prince of Thieves is the crap Robin Hood. The real Robin Hood is the 1991 TV version with Patrick Bergin, Uma Thurman.

nah...Go with Robin Hood..Men in Tights...best version yet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There is a good one with Charleton Heston I think its called The Tower .Takes place in medevil normandy.

The War Lord (1961)
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So mu favorites. The Vikings, Robin and Marian, Robin Hood with Costner, The Kingdom of Heaven, The Crusades (1939), The Name of the Rose, King Arthur, Ivanhoe, especially the T V version.

Prince of Thieves is the crap Robin Hood. The real Robin Hood is the 1991 TV version with Patrick Bergin, Uma Thurman.

nah...Go with Robin Hood..Men in Tights...best version yet.

Spoken by someone who hasn't even seen the Patrick Bergin Robin Hood.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
What was that movie set in the 30 years war, these mercenaries find a village in a hidden valley.  It was a 70's movie, Michael Caine was in it.....

The Last Valley   Good movie.

Also, a more recent movie

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Monte Python and the Holy Grail

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
A Man For All Seasons is s little bit late, but catches the end of the period.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What was that movie set in the 30 years war, these mercenaries find a village in a hidden valley.  It was a 70's movie, Michael Caine was in it.....[div]
[div]The Last Valley   Good movie.
[div]

It is a good movie but does the Thirty Years' War (1618–1648) fall under a Medieval movie thread?
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Kingdom of Heaven, but watch the director's cut.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ah, good choice.  As usual the book was better but the movie's pretty good.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't listen to these guys. For the best midevel movie ever just watch The Black Knite.  It was Martin Lawrence's best movie.

All kidding aside,Max von Sidow was in a great sub-titled flick about The Crusades during the Black Death. Awesome movie.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This one has still got it after all these years...

Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?
Griselda: Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!
Hawkins: They *broke* the chalice from the palace?
Griselda: And replaced it with a flagon.
Hawkins: A flagon...?
Griselda: With the figure of a dragon.
Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.
Griselda: Right.
Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?
Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!
Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
Griselda: Just remember that.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041259/

Your quotes are from the  The Court Jester with Danny Kaye, but your IMDB link is to Bing Crosby's  "Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"
Both are good movies, but I like "The Court Jester" better. I wish Netflix had it available.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Nobody has said "The Lion in Winter" yet?

Damn good movie. Not a sword swinging movie, but incredible dialog and drama between amazing actors.

Peter O'Toole as Henry II, Katharine Hepburn as his wife, Anthony Hopkins as his son, the war hungry Richard the Lionheart and Timothy Dalton as the suave young King of France.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Season of the Witch had it's moments.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Season of the Witch.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#15]

VALHALLA RISING

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#16]
At the risk of adding something new that isn't exactly Crusades (but still might be up your alley): Taras Bulba
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#17]

The song starts at 2:50.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Was watching Ironclad last night on Netflix.  Decent.  Anyone know of anymore movies set in Medieval times.  Would also help if they are on Netflix, but let me know.

Thanks!
skink

One of my fav's is "Hearts and Armour"; yes, it's magical, something of a love story, and probably along the lines of a Buffy world, where women beat up men, .....ALTHOUGH the opening rape scene shows why one shouldn't leave their village, but then again........

............it shows the story from the other side of view, of a Moorish Prince.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I really enjoyed Arn: a Knight Templar. It is instant Netflix, it is subtitled because it is swedish i believe also. Worth the 3 hours it took me to watch it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I really enjoyed Arn: a Knight Templar. It is instant Netflix, it is subtitled because it is swedish i believe also. Worth the 3 hours it took me to watch it.

This.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top