Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 8/14/2018 2:38:28 AM EDT
Complete Dashcam Video of Illegal Arrest of Army First Sergeant CJ Grisham

Edit: here is the outcome since people asked:

On Why We Dropped Our Lawsuit Against Ermis
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Did he get promoted? Seems like a big bump.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
OP must not know difference between 1SGT and a MAJ.

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Cops gonna protect and serve. Other things to say, but wouldn’t want to make any lists on the peace time soldier at war subforums.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:54:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP must not know difference between 1SGT and a MAJ.

View Quote
Sorry I don't know about military rank should have been more careful. Fixed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
If I’m reading the date correctly this was back in 13. What was the outcome?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:56:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Civil servants serving their own perogative with civility.

Can we get the followup?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I'm reading the date correctly this was back in 13. What was the outcome?
View Quote
It's in the video description.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:01:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If I’m reading the date correctly this was back in 13. What was the outcome?
View Quote
On Why We Dropped Our Lawsuit Against Ermis

@Lightstriker @tyrex13 (outcome)
Pretty scary that he rally couldn't do anything, but the video has circulated a lot I see. Amazing what the few bad cops can get away with. Glad I came across it.

This isn't the country in Dallas but I bet I could take a walk with my AR and probalby not hve the cops called on me here, if I did they'd not give me issues I don't think. No I'm not looking for the attention lol juts saying I'd feel safe doing it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:02:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's in the video description.
View Quote
Only says his appeal will be heard back in 2016

ETA: Nvm, OP posted more.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know it sucked for the veteran but the cop was so stupid I did find it a bit entertaining, also how his teen son walks around like a boss filming it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:11:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag for outcome
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:12:00 AM EDT
[#13]
We’re beating this dead horse again?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:15:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:17:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Temple,TX hates Veterans.  Got it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:22:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We’re beating this dead horse again?
View Quote
It ain't dead they wish it were dead
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:24:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Jury must have, I wonder if they were soccer mom hams or something. Will look into it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:25:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You love to post that quote a lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
FIFY Warrior.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:27:50 AM EDT
[#22]
First I've heard of this.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I know it sucked for the veteran but the cop was so stupid I did find it a bit entertaining, also how his teen son walks around like a boss filming it.
View Quote
I never saw anyone get arrested by Ned Beatty before.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#24]
He's lucky they didnt search his butt.

It is Texas after all.

@extorris
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nick, as an officer, what would you have done in this situation?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait,  officer?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Second video has shitty audio
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#29]
LOL

Sigh... and they get an out of county retired judge from Travis?  Seriously, WTF
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#30]
"You are under arrest for resisting arrest"

How does that work exactly?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#31]
You’re fired! That’s what they should be hearing.

Every cop there should be protecting and serving merchandise as a Walmart greeter.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#32]
They went out looking for a problem and found one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Not sure what the law is in that state. If it's legal ok but man walking down the ride with a rifle now days seems like a bad move. People are going to call and you are going to get attention from the police. Probably not the smartest thing to do.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Another open carry uppity retard meets an over weight undertrained  local cop.  It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Was there a lawsuit?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Man if they were a couple guys looking for trouble, he seems to forget all about the other one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#37]
I’m not sure what the laws are where he’s at but carrying his AR with his son on his 10 mile Boy Scouts hike probably isn’t a good idea, just sayin. just because you can doesn’t mean it’s really a good idea. With it being Texas, I would lean heavily on it being perfectly leagle to do so.

And as for the cop, I think I’ll keep my comments to myself so that I don’t get banned. However, he could have handled that situation much better and avoided a lot of bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#38]
It's just an attitude some cops have.

30+ years ago I heard screwy shit all the time from the guys I worked with.

Hey, "they" owe us.  "They" are the common citizens walking the streets that need the protection of badge wearing gun carrying LEOs.  Why to "they" owe us?  Because we put our lives on the line every day for them.  Heard it so much it started to piss me off.  I told more than one of them if they felt that scared, that threatened, by doing the jobs they applied for then maybe they should resign and find a safer job.  Damn, that didn't go over well.  What the hell was wrong with me?  Why was I being so shitty with them?

Then there was the I've got a badge and a gun, you have to do what I say.  I remember watching another cop arrest a guy for public intoxication one night.  I pointed out the guy wasn't drunk.  The cop said, "Yeah, I know, but I'm tired of listening to his mouth."  I asked about the judge/trial that might follow (some people just pay the fine/court costs before the hearing with the justice of the peace/judge).  The other cop said, "Look, it's my word against his and I know the judge always takes my word for it."  Damn, that was some scary shit when I first heard another cop speak that idea out loud.

I could go on and on about people being beat up, people getting parking tickets when legally parked, people getting their cars towed for no good reason, people being assaulted by city/county employees and having it covered up by LEOs.  That 4 year period in my life forever changed my view of police and law enforcement and judges/courts.

I know there are good cops out there.  I worked with a couple.  I knew (or still think I knew) some good ones in other departments.  Unfortunately, back then (and maybe now) the good ones have no way of weeding out the bad ones and cleaning up the activities and reputation of the whole department.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not sure what the law is in that state. If it's legal ok but man walking down the ride with a rifle now days seems like a bad move. People are going to call and you are going to get attention from the police. Probably not the smartest thing to do.
View Quote
If it’s legal, it should be done MORE. The hand wringing ninnies need to understand the freedoms of an individual can’t be taken away because of ignorant feels.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#40]
I agree it should be done more. But we all know people get crazy when they see someone with a gun. The first thing they do is call the police. That is how the interaction starts. I see no problem with it. I just dont want attention drawn to me is all.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#41]
1st sgt should wear a tarp and run though the forest. Terrorizing Teasle...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Man if they were a couple guys looking for trouble, he seems to forget all about the other one.
View Quote
Watching the first video it looked ok until he put his hand on the AR. Grabbed it by the grip area.  Shit went downhill fast.

I think if he hadn't done that things would have come out differently.  Then he lied about it.

Cop did have an attitude but not knowing who he was coming in contact with and definitely outgunned I would be wary also.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fair enough. I got out of the army because of Fort hood and hate Texas.

I guess we are even.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Another open carry uppity retard meets an over weight undertrained  local cop.  It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.
View Quote
Exercising rights makes you an uppity retard?

A right unexercised is a right lost.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#45]
He let cop hold gun but then cop tries to remove from sling, first picture. Then Sergeant says wait and puts hand on buffer tube / butt stock and cop draws, 2nd picture.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#46]
He just couldn't keep his mouth shut.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not sure what the law is in that state. If it's legal ok but going to church now days seems like a bad move. People are going to call and you are going to get attention from the police. Probably not the smartest thing to do.
View Quote
Quoted:
Not sure what the law is in that state. If it's legal ok but speaking out about your views on government now days seems like a bad move. People are going to call and you are going to get attention from the police. Probably not the smartest thing to do.
View Quote
Quoted:
I’m not sure what the laws are where he’s at but talking about the Bible with his son on his 10 mile Boy Scouts hike probably isn’t a good idea, just sayin. just because you can doesn’t mean it’s really a good idea. With it being Texas, I would lean heavily on it being perfectly leagle to do so.
View Quote
Quoted:
I’m not sure what the laws are where he’s at but speaking out about his views on government with his son on his 10 mile Boy Scouts hike probably isn’t a good idea, just sayin. just because you can doesn’t mean it’s really a good idea. With it being Texas, I would lean heavily on it being perfectly leagle to do so.
View Quote
Fixed it for you guys...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kid could have shot him dead.  Cop has no concept of officer safety.  Clown shoes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Was there a lawsuit?
View Quote

Apparently he dropped it.  The second video has such shitty audio, I can't hear why he dropped the suit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top