Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/17/2022 9:01:21 PM EDT
Salvation Army stuck their dick in their mouth awhile ago; have they learned a lesson?

Tis the season.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
No,
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Not likely in the manner they need to.

If you're short on places to donate money, I've got a list of groups who don't want you dead.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't give to them anymore.  Then again, I didn't give much to them before.

Most charities are a scam.  United Way is the worst.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
They won’t get a smile/wave from me, much less a dime
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Salvation Army stuck their dick in their mouth awhile ago; have they learned a lesson?

Tis the season.
View Quote

Please refresh my memory. And I think the expression is "stepped on their dick".
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny, I almost started this exact thread earlier today. A large store I frequent had SA bell ringers out front today and I wondered if the woke fucksticks running it had been replaced or not.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Please refresh my memory. And I think the expression is "stepped on their dick".
View Quote

Not in this case.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope. They went full CRT. Fuck them until they are dead.

And yes, back when I was single and at a company that gave out $10k Christmas bonuses, I'd drop $500 in the bucket. Never again.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ll pass on donating money to my enemies.

Just found out the church I go to has an ongoing food pantry ministry. I’ll be donating there instead.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tis the season.

https://www.outkick.com/donations-dwindling-after-salvation-army-asks-white-people-to-apologize-for-their-skin-tone/
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not likely in the manner they need to.

If you're short on places to donate money, I've got a list of groups who don't want you dead.
View Quote

Do share.  A lot of people are going to be in need this winter I think.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m sure to let the bell ringer know why I don’t donate anymore.
99% don’t have a clue.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Fthem
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Lol.  No.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Get Woke, Go Broke.
Fuck 'em
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I recently saw a Salvation Army bucket somewhere. It was empty.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]
No more donations.

Not apologizing.

Fuck you Salvation Army.

That being said I'd donate to St Jude especially if a pmag was on the line.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't realize until recently that the Salvation Army is a denomination of protestant churches, and not just a charity.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tis the season.

https://www.outkick.com/donations-dwindling-after-salvation-army-asks-white-people-to-apologize-for-their-skin-tone/

Never forget
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#21]
No, they have not learned. Don't give them jack.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.
View Quote

Kind of like Ebenezer Scrooge telling off the charity solicitors?
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#23]
My Sheriff is a friend of mine. We let HIM tell us what the kids in our area need and we go shopping and deliver the items to HIM. I will NEVER donate another penny to any organization that has an administrative structure bigger than the local tire shop.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Basically if you're white, you're racist..........the same crap they are teaching your children if they go to public indoctrination camps

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Salvation Army: "It's not true, claims about the Topic of Racism are false!"

Also Salvation Army: Here's a 67 page mini-book called "Lets talk about Racism"

pg 3, paragraph 1
There is an urgent need for Christians to
evaluate racist attitudes and practices in light
of our faith, and to live faithfully in today’s
world

pg 25, paragraph 5
At this time, either alone or in a group,
take time to lament. Acknowledge the Church’s
complicity with racism and discrimination (past
and present) and engage in confession and
lament of our shortcomings, both personal and
corporate, for not actively fighting against racism

pg 26, paragraph 3
Perhaps you don’t feel as if you
personally have done anything wrong, but you
can spend time repenting on behalf of the Church
and asking for God to open hearts and minds to
the issue of racism.

pg 58, paragraph 8
Stop denying that White privilege exists
and learn how it supports racial inequity.
You may not feel privileged, but it is likely
that you have been excused from numerous
negative experiences, as well as benefitted
positively simply because of your Whiteness.
Denial of White privilege keeps the current
systems affected by racism in place, and we
must begin to change that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.

Not sure I understand this.
The salvation army chose to pontificate and tell people to bend the knee. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Just to keep GD honest, the Salvation Army took back that guide and policy over a year ago. Yes, they learned their lesson. Help or don't as you please but be honest. OP knows better than to perpetuate what he knows is no longer true.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Didn't learn and denied it

Then Doubled down by saying it was misinformation by anti-CRT/anti-woke critics

Then pulled the offending "if you are white--u racist/if you say you don't see color and are white --u racist/you white--you have priviledge and r racist/ magazines and books with pics of white people are racists/apologize for being white, u racist white bastard" document........because everyone else misinterpreted those words

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just to keep GD honest, the Salvation Army took back that guide and policy over a year ago. Yes, they learned their lesson. Help or don't as you please but be honest. OP knows better than to perpetuate what he knows is no longer true.
View Quote
Why did they have it in the first place? Did they retract it only when caught? Until those get answered fuck them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He asked if they learned their lesson.  Pretty straightforward question.

Edit: You can't un-ring the bell
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#31]
We used to give to the SA. They lost me last year with their woke BS.

I can find better things to do with money than fund that nonsense.

There are far better local people to help out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

They published it, taught it, and when it became public (with backlash) they first tried to deny it was theirs.  Then they moved to "it was unauthorized".  They pulled it because it was hurting the donation bucket, not because they learned their lesson.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

OP here, I don't know, that is the purpose of the thread.

If SA have figured out the problem, show evidence and I will donate.

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And to Keep this comment honest, they pulled it not because they realized they were wrong but with the excuse that everyone else people misinterpreted the document's message.

So no they didn't learn their lesson.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I didn't realize until recently that the Salvation Army is a denomination of protestant churches, and not just a charity.
View Quote

Yep. They’re Protestants, it’s not a Christian organization.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was simply posting the reason for the question that a poster made.
Whether or not the SA has reversed positions is unknown to me because nobody has posted a link showing otherwise (including one from the SA).
If they have reversed their position and the donations are still down - then they have done a piss poor job of getting their reversal position out...
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, not even close.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The salvation army chose to pontificate and tell people to bend the knee. Am I missing something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.

Most of the SA bell ringers that I see look like middle aged recovering addicts and alcoholics, probably Salvation Army clients who don't know or care about woke politics.  They usually greet me and are more courteous than the employees of the store they're standing in front of.  Telling them off would do nothing but expose you as an angry, hostile person.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Most of the SA bell ringers that I see look like middle aged recovering addicts and alcoholics, probably Salvation Army clients who don't know or care about woke politics.  They usually greet me and are more courteous than the employees of the store they're standing in front of.  Telling them off would do nothing but expose you as an angry, hostile person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.

Op asked if they've learned their lesson, by most accounts I have not seen redemption on the SA . I personally haven't been outright hostile to any Salvation Army workers so what's your point?

If they didn't step on their dick I wouldn't be in this thread but obviously they drank the woke Kool aid and decided to shit on white people who had zero to do with raising money.

I'm not giving a donation to my enemy.  Ever.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tis the season.

Or, stuck their dick in a fan.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Op asked if they've learned their lesson, by most accounts I have not seen redemption on the SA . I personally haven't been outright hostile to any Salvation Army workers so what's your point?

If they didn't step on their dick I wouldn't be in this thread but obviously they drank the woke Kool aid and decided to shit on white people who had zero to do with raising money.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.

My point? Open the quote tree and read the post that I first replied to.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Progressives never learn lessons, just new reasons to be wilfully blind.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#44]
How many Salvation Army Santas will be robbed, stabbed and or murdered in NYC, Chicago, L.A., Detroit, D.C., San Francisco, Etc……?

You get what you fucking deserve!
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 3:34:16 AM EDT
[#45]
I am saving my donation for the December AFCOM St. Judes drive.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 3:39:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.

I'm not making your side of the discussion for you. Again, what is your point?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 4:49:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Wife and I used to drop our change in the bucket all the time before they came out with that pamphlet. Never again. We no longer donate to or shop at their stores, either. I also downloaded the complete pamphlet for posterity when it came out because I expected them to backpedal right away, and no organization promoting true racism should be able to just walk away from it. There's no "taking it back" just because the consequences weren't what you wanted.

We have kept a growing boycott list that started when wokeness exploded in 2020 and we noticed companies getting on the bandwagon. None have been removed from it. Since we don't get a voice our money speaks for us.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They may have pulled the guide and said they took it back but do you really believe that their leadership did an about-face on principles or because it hurt their bottom line?

It's always about the money.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ooooooh, they took it back? Yeah, sure. Hear that fellas? They took it back so it's ok now. It's like it never happened. They took it back.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.

His point is that the lashing out at the bell-ringer probably isn't the way for you to get your point across, since they are probably just volunteering to help others.

How do you even have to ask that question...multiple times? But go ahead, ask me what my point is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top