Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a website- backroadswest road trip- or something that had a SoCal San Andreas road trip.  That was pretty cool.  Took the better part of a day.

I straddled the fault in a couple places and jumped on it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet we run out of oil, ozone, fresh water, topsoil and toilet paper first.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#3]
May I point you to "Goodbye California" by Alistair McLean, published 1977?

Tectonically speaking, you're insane to live there.

(In the book, they 'helped' an earthquake with hydrogen bombs, along the fault lines, to relieve the pressure.)
((Underground. Relax. No one would EVER nuke kind, friendly, cancer-finding California. Would they?))
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a website- backroadswest road trip- or something that had a SoCal San Andreas road trip.  That was pretty cool.  Took the better part of a day.

I straddled the fault in a couple places and jumped on it.
View Quote

I'd laugh my ass off if a couple of guys got arrested over the weekend for tossing dynamite into any open crevice along the fault.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh, I live in the "Other California", and am prepared. I do drive state route 58 across Carizzo Plains sometimes and it always amazes me to be able to see the San Andreas fault line so clearly...... There are very pronounced dips across it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't they say this each year.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top