User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really a sequel, but continuation of the story...

Restaurant at the End of the Universe
View Quote

Based on the BBC miniseries
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Good suggestions already.  A sequel to The Talented Mr. Ripley.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One problem is a lot of things I would like to see a "squeal" of, should not have been made as they were in the first place.  I don't necessarily want a sequel - I want a reboot that is actually parallel to the source material.  Take WWZ - the movie was crap and I think about 10 seconds of it related to the book.
View Quote

This right here...

I would want WWZ done as a big-budget series that follows the book exactly.  Each chapter gets one or more episodes.  

Each chapter also gets a different director that is particularly suited to the type of chapter being filmed....  John McTiernan directs the Chinese submarine chapter....  Michael Bay directs the Battle of Yonkers...  get some great Bollywood director to do the chapter where the Indian soldier tries to move against the fleeing crowds to blow up the passage...  same for some great Japanese directors to direct the two chapters that follow the Japanese characters...  etc.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@Riter

Yup, pretty interesting back story to the making of the movie too, how they had to payoff and deal with the street gangs in NY during filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iWGBfUQsyY

https://spotterup.com/american-cult-film-warriors-based-on-400-bc-event-called-the-anabasis-the-persian-expedition-2/
View Quote

Interesting. Now can it be re-done but with hoplites?  I think it would have to be filmed in Europe where the people are skinner. No McD/BK diet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dredd.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Always wanted Master and Commander sequals.
View Quote

Yep, but to many years has gone by for original cast.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Back to the future...going back to 1985.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]
+87 to Master and Commander.

I'd also like to see Denis Villeneuve make the entire Dune series, or at least the ones written by Frank Herbert himself.

I think I'd also enjoy a Star Wars sequel trilogy, maybe picking up a generation or so after RotJ and checking in with the New Republic and how it dealt with Imperial Remnants or something. I can't believe something like this hasn't happened yet.

ETA:
Quoted:

Uhm... I don't know man.  Given the state of hollyweird these days, after Book and Wash are already dead.  I'm thinking a sequel is going to be VERY disappointing.

Firefly was a masterpiece.  I re-watch it probably every year or two.  I don't think I could stand to see how badly they'd mess it up with a sequel.
View Quote

Concur. What Firefly needs are prequels. There are character origin stories that need to be told.

But after Joss Whedon said that he'd really have sided with the Alliance I think he'd screw it up bigly.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
The Sopranos "Pine Barrens" episode.  "He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator."  Never heard a peep about him after that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Blazing Saddles
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Asian Sluts 7. There was a lot more story for them to explore.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mr Brooks where his daughter becomes a killer.
View Quote

Yes!
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Last of the Mohicans
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How about a remake of "The Keep" and a sequel based on the rest of the related stories?https://images.adrise.tv/tvPrRnsVLdFe0XS_bZxmWuahBsU=/400x574/smart/img.adrise.tv/57a8a8ac-55b3-44d1-94b8-359aa8e701d2.png
View Quote

I just watched that again a few weeks ago.  It’s an neat premise that really got hammered in production.  Would have been interesting to see what the long version would have been like.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Salt was on tonight.

That one was ripe for a sequel too.

Basically how they ended the movie... implying her job was just getting started.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Dredd.
Remo Williams.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Hannibal should be an ongoing story.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Heat 2

Hell Michael Mann wrote a great book that's part prequel, part sequel to the movie.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pulp Fiction 2 with Jules Winnfield walking da earth and getting into adventures.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Sopranos "Pine Barrens" episode.  "He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator."  Never heard a peep about him after that.
View Quote
His place looked like shit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Battle Los Angeles
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top