Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/4/2023 9:50:59 AM EDT
As part of my morning routine, I start with a cup of coffee and work my way into preparing ham, eggs, oatmeal, strawberries and blueberries, a banana, and a couple packages of figs.

Just the same old way of scrambling eggs with pepper was starting to get bland.

I looked over at the spices and realized I hadn't tried Goya Adobo seasoning.  A few sprinkles of it on the huevos and I was glad I made the change.

So, tell me your favorite way to cook your eggs so I can have more ideas for the future.

Feel free to try the above seasoning too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I like to punch a hole in a piece of bread and fry them up inside of that with lots of butter.

I don't use salt or pepper, the butter is plenty of flavor.

Slap a piece of ham on top, good to go.

If I do them scrambled, same thing, if they taste bland it's because you didn't use enough butter.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Scramble eggs in a bowl with a little bit of milk or cream (scramble longer than you think)

Place eggs in cool SS skillet with a title oil or butter. Turn on burner. Let eggs heat up with the pan. Once you see the eggs start to cook around the edges, stir with fork.
Add Tony Chachere's seasoning. Cook until desired consistency.
Top with salsa or hot sauce. Maybe chives
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been on an omelette kick lately.  Ham or sausage, slices olives, jalape os and tomatoes, cheese, and some marinara depending on what's in the fridge.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Eggs Over Tokyo
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Sriracha!
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#6]
"Toad in the hole" or "eggs in a basket" is good.

Red Robin seasoning can be good on eggs.

Normally I eat scrambled eggs with rice, that may seem weird to some. The rice is a better starch for me than bread and helps me keep my weight down.

Sometimes I cook the eggs with some peppers, green onions, whatever I have laying around. Also eggs with some Cholula hot sauce is pretty damn good.

But my favorite of all: eat a couple pancakes or waffles with real maple syrup. Then slap some eggs over easy on that plate, seasoned with salt/pepper, throw some good hot sauce on there too. The runny yolk mixes with the little bit of left over syrup, the hot sauce, everything. You get the perfect balanced bite. I recommend this highly.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
No one has mentioned frying them in the bacon grease yet?

For shame, for shame…

?? + ?? = ??
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I brown butter on low heat while I beat the shit out of my eggs, then whip some sour cream and cumin in, then scramble on low heat and add cheese when there’s a little liquid left.

My favorite is frying eggs in butter on very low heat, covered, with a little fresh cracked pepper, and don’t break the yolk. It’s really good for sandwiches.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Butter melted in the pan. I put some diced green peppers and smoked sausage and cook for a minute. Then add 3 eggs that are scrambled with turmeric, slap ya mamma seasoning, and fresh ground black pepper.

I usually add some grated cheese at the end. Many times I will pour it over 1/2 of an avocado that’s already in the bowl.

Almost zero net carbs, lots of fat and protein, keeps you full for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Sunny side or over easy for me, with some bacon grease in the pan and a few dashes of tobacco on top.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought some egg rings a while back.  They make perfect round egg "patties".

After you crack the egg, break the yolk but don't scramble it.  Make sure both the pan and ring are hot and coated with oil.

Pour the egg into the ring, and spoon hot oil over the top of the egg to cook the top a little.  After a few minutes you can free the egg from the ring and flip it to cook the top side better.

These go great on toast with sausage, bacon, ham or spam.  If you want you can get English muffins and basically make a McDonald's sausage mcmuffin.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For shame, for shame…

?? + ?? = ??
View Quote

I've never had great luck with that compared to butter.

Doesn't taste as good either, make them too bacony.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#14]
If you scramble eggs, substitute a spoonful of Ranch Dressing for the milk. Its really good that way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame, for shame

+  =

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you scramble eggs, substitute a spoonful of Ranch Dressing for the milk. Its really good that way.
View Quote

Soy bean oil eggs? Gross.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame, for shame

+  =

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

I want eggs, not egg textured bacon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Scramble. Mix with cheddar cheese, a little salt and pepper. Cook until desired consistency is reached - i personally hate runny eggs so I go leathery. Douse liberally with favorite salsa.

Bonus, add cooked chorizo and place in a soft burrito wrapper. Yum!
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#21]
So many of these replies sound amazing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I use heavy whipping cream.
Also bacon grease for cooking.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame, for shame…

?? + ?? = ??

I’m sorry, my screen must be malfunctioning. It says “too bacony,” which is a heresy of the highest order. Nobody in their sane mind would say such a thing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’m sorry, my screen must be malfunctioning. It says “too bacony,” which is a heresy of the highest order. Nobody in their sane mind would say such a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame, for shame…

?? + ?? = ??

Unlike most of GD, I prefer more than one flavor in my cooking.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Egg cooking thread just to flex on the poors.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Over-easy
Scrambled in-the-pan, with copious amounts of Frank's Hot Sauce
Creamed (white sauce) eggs over toast
Soft boiled in a cup
Omelets with a side of hash browns
Poached/eggs benedict
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Might sound gross to some, but runny eggs over taco meat on top of toast covered in salsa and cheese is fucking delicious..
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#28]
I used to only do "sunny side up" covered in tabasco.

Lately I've been scrambling them with red onions and red bell pepper with plenty of butter. I add a little bit of milk and Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce before whisking. Sometimes add cheese and rye toast.

Try some worcestershire sauce, and thank me later.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Chorizo, egg and O'Brian potato burritos.

Cook O'Brian potatoes in  separate skillet.

Cook fresh tortillas.

Cook chorizo in another...I like it with just a bit of crust.

Whip eggs in bowl with a splash of half & half. Beat until frothy.
Add to chorizo skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes about halfway. I pull them when there's just a bit of moisture still present on the surface and place in bowl to prevent further cooking.

Cheese of choice optional.

Serve with homemade pico de gallo and tamatillo chili de arbol salsa.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#30]
My normal breakfast is a sausage egg and cheese sandwich on toast. If I feel like some different I just do breakfast burritos.

Cook some ground sausage, once cooked throw in 3 eggs, some diced onion, throw in anything else I have like jalapenos, green peppers what ever. Stir until the eggs are cooked throw it on tortillas then add salsa and cheese.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Found this at a hispanic market and it is pretty good on eggs and or hash browns.

Dave
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#32]
4 eggs every morning stirred well in microwave. Salt/pepper, large pinch of grated cheddar. No way compares to any style egg in skillet but sustains life. Apprx cooking time total is 150 seconds in 3 stages. Wet but not runny after cheese is mixed in after end of cooking cycle. Followed by 16 oz of doctored coffee consumed in 2 sequential cups of 8 oz each.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Chorizo, egg and O'Brian potato burritos.

Cook O'Brian potatoes in  separate skillet.

Cook fresh tortillas.

Cook chorizo in another...I like it with just a bit of crust.

Whip eggs in bowl with a splash of half & half. Beat until frothy.
Add to chorizo skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes about halfway. I pull them when there's just a bit of moisture still present on the surface and place in bowl to prevent further cooking.

Cheese of choice optional.

Serve with homemade pico de gallo and tamatillo chili de arbol salsa.
View Quote

This fuckin’ guy knows how to party. We can be buds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Scrambled egg and slice of low sodium ham (or bacon) on a toasted bagel slathered with mayo. Duke's, of course, and Mrs.Dash seasoning.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Just a little of Tony's Creole Seasoning on eggs.  Too much and it's salty as hell.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Medium heat, plenty of butter, melt. Whip two of the highest quality eggs you can get farm eggs or store bought (pasture raised, organic) with a tablespoon or two of heavy whipping cream, Mexican cream or crème fraîche. Gently scramble and take off heat while just a little wet as they will continue cooking. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. You can fold in some minced chives.

Usually I just fry eggs over easy though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Crack 3-4 eggs in a bowl, add about 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or half n half, sprinkle some Jack Daniels steak seasoning in.
Heat the pan on medium heat with a good amount of butter. While the pan is heating, beat the eggs well.
Don't over stir the eggs when they are cooking.  Right before your final stir, toss in some Monterey Jack cheese.  Top off with Valentinas hot sauce.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Spanish style fried eggs are best
Then bacon fried eggs
Eggs on a hole are good.
If you dont so gordon ramsey style scrambled eggs then you are wrong. Season how you want but watch his scrambled egg video
Quiche is a good break from the norm. For me its just sausage, bacon, cheese, and eggs in a pie crust. If you do t have a pie crust put half a box of jiffy mix dry in the pie pan and mix in a half cup of cream into the eggs
Breakfast burritos are a great way to make up a huge mess of breakfast and freeze it for meal prep
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Eggs, bacon and toast (English muffin, bagel, whatever) is the most efficient breakfast ever devised. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 1 to clean up.

Bacon in the pan. Fry until you like it.

Put the bread in the toaster such that it will come out when the eggs are done.

When the bacon is done, put it on a paper towel to drain. Or don’t. Crack in 2-5 eggs and cook to your preference.

Eat your breakfast like a man and have your woman clean the pan and dishes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Poached with salt & pepper and some toast.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Whisk up an egg and break a Pup-Peroni into bits and then cook, oh wait, that's my dog's breakfast.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#42]
You guys eat a lot
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I want eggs, not egg textured bacon.
View Quote

forgive them, they know not,  most people buy store eggs which have no intrinsic flavor so they need gussy them up with bacon sweat

were they to ever have actual eggs they would never commit such heresy
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You guys eat a lot
View Quote

Jeez yeah, "ham, eggs, oatmeal, strawberries and blueberries, a banana, and a couple packages of figs."

Most days I'll pour a cup of coffee and have (1) slice of toast with butter on it.  If I'm extra hungry I'll scramble one egg to go with it.
"strawberries and blueberries, a banana, and a couple packages of figs" is lunch.  Dang.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I use a hot sauce fermented by my neighbor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll grab mushrooms, onions and butter and sautée them. Sometimes I'll add a red bell pepper too. Once that's done I'll pull the veggies and throw in a cut up sausage to brown while I whisk 3-4 eggs.

The sautéed stuff gets reintroduced to the sausage, I add some cream cheese to the mixture, then add the eggs and scramble til it's good enough.

It's not a fancy way of cooking but it fills the void.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been doing Ham,Egg and Cheese Bagels for a couple of weeks now instead of omelettes/scrambled
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Those look awesome! Care to share what’s on them?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Over medium is my normal . W a piece of ham or sausage n toast .

Today it was just corn bread that I made fresh . Still good . I do scrambled with the GF  a couple days a week .

I want to start poaching
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Over medium is my normal . W a piece of ham or sausage n toast .

Today it was just corn bread that I made fresh . Still good . I do scrambled with the GF  a couple days a week .

I want to start poaching
View Quote

Monica.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top