Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
JFC, I was just perusing audible and saw that War and Peace is 60 something hours long. That's a no from me dawg.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She has the skills to crossover. She just wants to help people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is what she does specialized to the healthcare industry, or would the skills she have cross over to any corporation?

She has the skills to crossover. She just wants to help people.

Get her into the ammo business and help us prepare for the 'loo?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When’s new job start?
View Quote

Monday
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]

It's an old picture. He looks like this now:

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's an old picture. He looks like this now:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKDeKIgMAVFtkSk/giphy.gif
View All Quotes

But more scattered
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#8]
So we're keeping the same staffing through May.

Fuckin awesome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And when you ask them, "How much should we post?"
Ooh, they only answer "More! More! More!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1DJFNSideQ
View Quote

Fortunate Son (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)

Frog Leap did it better.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
JFC, I was just perusing audible and saw that War and Peace is 60 something hours long. That's a no from me dawg.
View Quote
I read most of War and Peace years ago.  I quit with a couple hundred pages to go because I got tired of Tolstoy's preachiness.  He needed an editor as much as Ayn Rand did.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fuckin awesome.
View Quote

Just found out one of my wife's co-workers has been layed off, and pay cuts may be coming.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fuckin awesome.
View Quote
Is that good because you're not laying off, or bad because you need to hire but can't?

At my company they keep throwing new projects on top of our existing ones and keep promising new stuff to customers but we're in a hiring freeze.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just found out one of my wife's co-workers has been layed off, and pay cuts may be coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin awesome.

yikes
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is that good because you're not laying off, or bad because you need to hire but can't?

At my company they keep throwing new projects on top of our existing ones and keep promising new stuff to customers but we're in a hiring freeze.
View Quote

I want the people back we laid off.

Working by myself is becoming a drain mentally and physically.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Well after not having A/C the last two summers with black pleather seats I pulled the trigger.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
yikes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin awesome.

yikes

We are now in a complete spending freeze, pending the outcome.

Joy
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a weird desire to try falafels and Mediterranean foods.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like 2 more weeks here.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looks like 2 more weeks here.
View Quote

And den
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Our governor said two more weeks then said something like he was trying to walk it back. Who fuckin knows.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Y'all ain't too slutty this week.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, here goes...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#28]

For post 10,000, I’m going to tell y’all about my granddad and my M1 carbine.  Kinda long but whatever.  I briefly told y’all about it when I first came to this thread but I don’t think I put up any pics.  

My granddaddy left home in his mid teens, I can’t accurately describe his relationship with his dad without painting one of them as a “bad”, which neither of them were, but they both were hard people, which led to head butting.  His dad came through the depression, as well as other hard times, so he was not very forgiving or patient.  My granddad put the mules up one night and they stated fighting, so to keep one of them from getting hurt (mules were their livelihood) granddaddy departed them by putting one out to pasture.  When his dad came home and saw one of the mules out, he got mad (at a fault) and wouldn’t let my grandad explain, so instead of arguing, my grandad left, went up the road to his uncles and lived for a short while.  His dad told him that he would come home when he got hungry.  A few months later, his brother was sent up the road to tell my grandad to come back home.  Granddaddy said, “tell him I’m not hungry yet”.  Both were too stubborn to reconcile at the time, which they did a little later fortunately.

During this, Pearl Harbor happened and granddaddy joined the Navy at 17 and was assigned to the USS Downes, which was sunk at PH and rebuilt and recommissioned in California.  He always said he felt lucky bc most of his ship were veterans, he was one of a few new guys.  He was also one of the only southerners, so his Navy nickname was “Reb”.  I don’t know much about his Navy time but he was a “torpedo man”. ??  I believe he was in the ship from 43-45, fighting in Eniwetok, Truk, Iwo Jima, Guam, Anatahan, Sargihan, the Philippines, and other places.  

After the war, he went back home to S. Ga, farmed and owned a general store, then started the contracting business I own today with my brother.  As a kid in the early 90s, I would go to his house, and he would tell me about the war.  “Son, a boy your age ought not to hear these sorta things, but I’m gonna tell you anyway.”  He told me about bodies being hung up in propellers, islands going from post card beautiful one day to smoking ash pits over night, a storm that scared him more than any battle, whales, picking up crashed pilots in the ocean, and drinking beer on Jap islands after battles.

So onto my rifle.  Dad was born in 50’.  So sometime around 58-62, daddy says they were home, and my grandads mom called, asking if she could throw away a duffle bag that had been in a barn or building or whatever.  Daddy says granddaddy screamed “No” into the phone and hung up.  He and my dad went over to her house and he got the duffle bag, unpacked it, and this carbine was in there.  I don’t know if it was assembled or not, but it was packed away in the bag.  He started subtly crying and daddy, being very young and naive, asked what was wrong.  Granddaddy replied, “son, the man that had this rifle didn’t need it anymore”.  Daddy knew his dad for 46 years and says it may possibly be the only time he ever saw him emotional.  I don’t know why granddaddy forgot about the rifle at the time or how he actually obtained it.  I do know it was on a beach somewhere, and sometimes granddaddy would have to run a small boat onto these beaches after a battle, but I don’t know much about this, I just have to assume that’s how he got it.  

So daddy had the rifle all of my life and last year he came by the house and said “here, put this in your safe”.   So I guess it’s mine now.  It’s a Saginaw receiver with Saginaw S’G’ on the receiver, which is supposed to be slightly more rare than others.  Serial number puts it prior to May 43’.  It has an Inland barrel and RMC Rock-Ola stock.  It’s been shot some by my dad and by me as a kid, but it just sits in the safe now.  I don’t know if there’s any paper work on it or not, if there is, my dads lying, thieving, definition of evil brother has it, along with any and all other military records or information that I’ll never see.  And being he doesn’t have children, he’ll probably set all my grandads stuff on fire before he dies just so no one else will get it.  Whatever.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

TL;DR and all that, I still love you guys!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Cool gun.

Awesome story thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#31]
awesome!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

For post 10,000, I’m going to tell y’all about my granddad and my M1 carbine.  Kinda long but whatever.  I briefly told y’all about it when I first came to this thread but I don’t think I put up any pics.  

My granddaddy left home in his mid teens, I can’t accurately describe his relationship with his dad without painting one of them as a “bad”, which neither of them were, but they both were hard people, which led to head butting.  His dad came through the depression, as well as other hard times, so he was not very forgiving or patient.  My granddad put the mules up one night and they stated fighting, so to keep one of them from getting hurt (mules were their livelihood) granddaddy departed them by putting one out to pasture.  When his dad came home and saw one of the mules out, he got mad (at a fault) and wouldn’t let my grandad explain, so instead of arguing, my grandad left, went up the road to his uncles and lived for a short while.  His dad told him that he would come home when he got hungry.  A few months later, his brother was sent up the road to tell my grandad to come back home.  Granddaddy said, “tell him I’m not hungry yet”.  Both were too stubborn to reconcile at the time, which they did a little later fortunately.

During this, Pearl Harbor happened and granddaddy joined the Navy at 17 and was assigned to the USS Downes, which was sunk at PH and rebuilt and recommissioned in California.  He always said he felt lucky bc most of his ship were veterans, he was one of a few new guys.  He was also one of the only southerners, so his Navy nickname was “Reb”.  I don’t know much about his Navy time but he was a “torpedo man”. ??  I believe he was in the ship from 43-45, fighting in Eniwetok, Truk, Iwo Jima, Guam, Anatahan, Sargihan, the Philippines, and other places.  

After the war, he went back home to S. Ga, farmed and owned a general store, then started the contracting business I own today with my brother.  As a kid in the early 90s, I would go to his house, and he would tell me about the war.  “Son, a boy your age ought not to hear these sorta things, but I’m gonna tell you anyway.”  He told me about bodies being hung up in propellers, islands going from post card beautiful one day to smoking ash pits over night, a storm that scared him more than any battle, whales, picking up crashed pilots in the ocean, and drinking beer on Jap islands after battles.

So onto my rifle.  Dad was born in 50’.  So sometime around 58-62, daddy says they were home, and my grandads mom called, asking if she could throw away a duffle bag that had been in a barn or building or whatever.  Daddy says granddaddy screamed “No” into the phone and hung up.  He and my dad went over to her house and he got the duffle bag, unpacked it, and this carbine was in there.  I don’t know if it was assembled or not, but it was packed away in the bag.  He started subtly crying and daddy, being very young and naive, asked what was wrong.  Granddaddy replied, “son, the man that had this rifle didn’t need it anymore”.  Daddy knew his dad for 46 years and says it may possibly be the only time he ever saw him emotional.  I don’t know why granddaddy forgot about the rifle at the time or how he actually obtained it.  I do know it was on a beach somewhere, and sometimes granddaddy would have to run a small boat onto these beaches after a battle, but I don’t know much about this, I just have to assume that’s how he got it.  

So daddy had the rifle all of my life and last year he came by the house and said “here, put this in your safe”.   So I guess it’s mine now.  It’s a Saginaw receiver with Saginaw S’G’ on the receiver, which is supposed to be slightly more rare than others.  Serial number puts it prior to May 43’.  It has an Inland barrel and RMC Rock-Ola stock.  It’s been shot some by my dad and by me as a kid, but it just sits in the safe now.  I don’t know if there’s any paper work on it or not, if there is, my dads lying, thieving, definition of evil brother has it, along with any and all other military records or information that I’ll never see.  And being he doesn’t have children, he’ll probably set all my grandads stuff on fire before he dies just so no one else will get it.  Whatever.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/8F6B2BAA-2AB5-4000-AB24-F9BE44BE26CA_jpe-1390584.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/FB4ED4D8-BFF8-43FF-827C-991FE8EF7D36_jpe-1390586.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/A8B37301-6C8C-40AD-94EE-AE631532FEE6_jpe-1390587.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/22B622DB-DE93-4688-8012-6E2E2807F048_jpe-1390588.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/3612DF91-6693-4C58-9C9F-651D894E5C8D_jpe-1390589.JPG

View Quote

Thank you for posting and being part of our group.

You should still get it out and shoot that thing once in a while, maybe on your grandads birthday.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Monday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When’s new job start?

Monday

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin awesome.

I hope this doesn’t come yalls way.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bought a MD390 straight from China.
Hopefully when it comes it won't have the super rona on it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You should still get it out and shoot that thing once in a while, maybe on your grandads birthday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/8F6B2BAA-2AB5-4000-AB24-F9BE44BE26CA_jpe-1390584.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/FB4ED4D8-BFF8-43FF-827C-991FE8EF7D36_jpe-1390586.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/A8B37301-6C8C-40AD-94EE-AE631532FEE6_jpe-1390587.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/22B622DB-DE93-4688-8012-6E2E2807F048_jpe-1390588.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/3612DF91-6693-4C58-9C9F-651D894E5C8D_jpe-1390589.JPG

This is a good idea!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how they get ya.

Hopefully an MD-UV390, because there is also an old model called the MD390 and that ain't what ya want.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's how they get ya.

Hopefully an MD-UV390, because there is also an old model called the MD390 and that ain't what ya want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how they get ya.

Yes the UV one with GPS.

I don't even know why but I did.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Uh, yeah, usually we just post tit gifs for this sort of thing.

Great story

And I promise you aren't missing out on any paperwork

Curious that the bayonet lug's gone.
ETA: heh, durrr, no it isn't.  I shouldn't be paying so much attention to this conference call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great story

ETA: heh, durrr, no it isn't.  I shouldn't be paying so much attention to this conference call.

Idk, I read that many carbines didn’t have the lug factory installed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Great story

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great story

Thanks for mentioning it, bc it’s caused me to do some research.  This has a type 1 band on it, where the type 3 lug wasn’t installed until into 44’.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I might do something stupid.

Attachment Attached File

#deejthefuckout
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I mean if you feel like doing something stupid, that would be boss level
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

You're gonna make a YouTube video at a used car lot, buy a Prius, and get rear ended by a semi?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep, at least you’re not a coward and trying to hide the stupid
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just have MD 20-20.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

fixed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're gonna make a YouTube video at a used car lot, buy a Prius, rear end a semi and get rear ended by a semi?

fixed

Thanks. You're a good person.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top