Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
On hand to throw out the first pitch at the LSU game today. Someone asked why a homeless guy was throwing out the first pitch.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On hand to throw out the first pitch at the LSU game today. Someone asked why a homeless guy was throwing out the first pitch.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/225557_541165252590813_221141044_n.jpg  

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They are good Christians as well. I dont watch the show but do support what they do. I think more than 1 of the group are preachers.

Phil came to our church one day a few years ago as a guest speaker.  He's good people and has a wonderful message as well as a great speaker.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Best darn show on tv now. Mountain man makes me laugh. I  have a hard time hearing and understanding gobwin though so its probably good he doesn't talk that much. Jase wife is really hot!
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Float like a butterfly
Sting like a flea

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I DVR the whole series and it is watched by the whole family, even my 4 and 7 year olds like uncle Si
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One of my new favorites, wish I would have been watching since episode 1.

Seasons 1 and 2 are free for a limited time on Xbox Video. Also, season 3 episodes are free using the A&E app ( Apple, not sure about Android).
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Fake and scripted but still funny.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Been watching their hunting DVD's for years.....I think it is great. One of the most entertaining 'family friendly' shows i have ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I see all the praise it gets here and other places

get customers talking about it too on a regular basis

So I forced myself to watch 3 episodes

but as much as I try I just can't get into and really don't like it

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fake and scripted but still funny.

Your right but if you watch the hunting DVDs that are obviously not scripted or fake they are hilarious to.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#13]
The impression I get is that the situation's and shit they do is obviously set up and staged for the purposes of TV.....but if you have watched the majority of the 18 or 19 duck hunting video's they have all acted the exact same way since way before they were famous.  So I would say the situations are setup but the dialogue is consistent with everything I have ever seen from them.  They are just funny.....that's the bottom line jack.  Except maybe Willie.....he is not nearly the "yuppie" they make him out to be on the show.  

These guys are absolute dead eye shots when it comes to duck hunting (except maybe Si, but he is still pretty darn good).  It literally rains ducks and their skill really shines when you see them Teal hunt and have big groups come whizzing in full speed and not a single one leaves out of 15 or so. They shoot so many that Jase will take some crazy long shots and drop birds that, if you have ever duck hunted, there is no way you would even think about shooting at unless you were an idiot and wanted your buddies and anyone around you hunting to bitch at you about.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The impression I get is that the situation's and shit they do is obviously set up and staged for the purposes of TV.....but if you have watched the majority of the 18 or 19 duck hunting video's they have all acted the exact same way since way before they were famous.  So I would say the situations are setup but the dialogue is consistent with everything I have ever seen from them.  They are just funny.....that's the bottom line jack.  Except maybe Willie.....he is not nearly the "yuppie" they make him out to be on the show.  

These guys are absolute dead eye shots when it comes to duck hunting (except maybe Si, but he is still pretty darn good).  It literally rains ducks and their skill really shines when you see them Teal hunt and have big groups come whizzing in full speed and not a single one leaves out of 15 or so. They shoot so many that Jase will take some crazy long shots and drop birds that, if you have ever duck hunted, there is no way you would even think about shooting at unless you were an idiot and wanted your buddies and anyone around you hunting to bitch at you about.

Do you think the fact that they are professional waterfowlers who hunt everyday of season has anything to do with them shooting good?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think the fact that they are professional waterfowlers who hunt everyday of season has anything to do with them shooting good?

Ummm......point being what?  Because it's impossible to still be average or suck at something just because you do it a lot 3-4 months a year?  Take sex for example....I would guess that you, like most people, have had a fair amount of sex in your life.  That doesn't mean you can fuck like John Holmes and there is actually a pretty good chance you are not even above average at it.  Having your brother hold a video camera at the end of your bed does not make you a "professional".  Obviously you haven't watched many hunting video's or actually duck hunt because you would know that being a "professional" doesn't mean shit in some cases.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm......point being what?  Because it's impossible to still be average or suck at something just because you do it a lot 3-4 months a year?  Take sex for example....I would guess that you, like most people, have had a fair amount of sex in your life.  That doesn't mean you can fuck like John Holmes and there is actually a pretty good chance you are not even above average at it.  Having your brother hold a video camera at the end of your bed does not make you a "professional".  Obviously you haven't watched many hunting video's or actually duck hunt because you would know that being a "professional" doesn't mean shit in some cases.

I have spent countless days killing water fowl and two of my friends have their own TV shows so I have some basic understanding of it all. I know being a professional means instead of working a normal job your out scouting and killing birds. So while most people get 2 days a week of hunting your doing it 7. Granted I have seen videos of guys that are horrible shots. Point is its like a printer repair man framing a dog house compared to a full time contractor. I would hope the contractor is far better at it since he does it all day every day. All that aside the duckmen are studs. I also live a sex free existence, hard to pull the poon surfing arfcom in my moms basement.

Link Posted: 3/4/2013 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Benelli's Duck Commander on Outdoor Channel was a much better show.

Capitalism baby, I say make they money.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I love all the benelli love on the show
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude you know Chad and the other guys? They are awesome and seem like a cool bunch to hang around. I like the predator hunting show they do also.

Link Posted: 3/4/2013 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone know how large Robertson's property is?  Best info I've found on the internet says 1600 acres.  I would have guessed more.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are good Christians as well. I dont watch the show but do support what they do. I think more than 1 of the group are preachers.

There's videos on YouTube of both Phil and Jase preaching. There is another brother, not shown on the show, who is a preacher.

Alan Robertson. I was just at a function last Thursday where he was the speaker. Nice message and hilarious as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Tried watching it once or twice and turned it after 10 minutes or so.  Maybe I missed the funny and should give it another chance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I used to watch buck commander.  It was the same thing, except throw in some major league baseball players.  It was more about them fucking around with their buddies rather than hunting.  But that's the best part of hunting isn't it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll admit I couldn't get into it at first, now I watch every episode.  One of my favorite scenes was when they were building the racing mower.  Spent most of the day building one before someone piped up about just buying one ready to race.  Willie asked "Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" to which Godwin replied "I didn't want to go back to making duck calls."  

That's southern humor there...
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Benelli's Duck Commander on Outdoor Channel was a much better show.

Capitalism baby, I say make they money.

8.7 million viewers for the season premier. More viewers than American Idol or Modern Family.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-duck-dynasty-returns-425292

(Ok this article claims to tie Modern Family)

This is a bunch of rednecks, with some silly scripting, beating out Simon Scrowl and a host of profession gay actors. I like Ed O'Neil and Ty Burrell, but not enough to watch that show.

Yeah, it beats selling hunting videos.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude you know Chad and the other guys? They are awesome and seem like a cool bunch to hang around. I like the predator hunting show they do also.

Yes Belding is from around here and I have hunted with him for 13 years or so. Like the swan hunts and stuff are from here. Every year we normally make a few trips and go hunting with him. His premiere parties are the funniest shit ever. Belding is like the biggest smartass ever and loves to have battles of the wit. Always good for lots of laughs in the blind. Not to mention always hooks ya up with free gear.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Love me some duck dynasty.  While you can tell it is scripted, it seems very genuine to who they really are.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Jase: You get that from that pile right there?

Si: Yeah.

Jase: Well, Si, thats a coon turd.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I just got my NRA ballot in the mail today to elect Board members. Willie is running for a position. Of course he was one of the 25 I voted for.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#32]
While this show is scripted, the hunting DVDs are not.
They act the same in those as they do in the DD episodes.  Also, a friend of mine who went to and graduated from Louisiana Tech said they are always around there helping raise funds and making appearances, he said the same thing which tells me that's just how they are.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 12:14:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
While this show is scripted, the hunting DVDs are not.
They act the same in those as they do in the DD episodes.  Also, a friend of mine who went to and graduated from Louisiana Tech said they are always around there helping raise funds and making appearances, he said the same thing which tells me that's just how they are.

I can't stand unreality TV but watched all of these recently. My wife said "Who are those guys with the disgusting beards" She complains that there's nothing to watch on TV because she doesn't like liberals and violent shows. I told her this was basically the Brady Bunch with beards. I've caught her  watching it on her own  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top