User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
lol
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Dre had a chair. Life post divorce and stroke hasn't been kind. He probably has had a helluva ride. Always liked him.

There's people in suburbia more "gangsta" than him. His shit and most of their acts are more fake than a WWF wrestler.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Arfcom continues its decline
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Best Satire Thread of the Week right there!!  

Well Played Sir!  Well Played Indeed!!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought that was a great show. Awesome music, looked like they were having lots of fun.

Best Satire Thread of the Week right there!!  

Well Played Sir!  Well Played Indeed!!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

BIGGER_HAMMER

You're weird. Sorry you didn't enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How many non-whites are coaches or higher-up in the front office? Heck, compare the number of white starting quarterbacks with the number of white players overall.  Even in the NFL, the whites are running the show, and making money off the backs of the 'brothas".  I guess the NFL does look like America?

Now, cornerbacks, the "brothas" are running the show like a damn mafia.  Worse than the old Railroad Porters Union.  Ain't no white guy getting to play corner in this here NFL.  

Y'all act like racism doesn't exist, just because you're not racist (but if you are, go hide under a rock). There are people out there who are worse people than you are, by a lot.  
View Quote

Let me push back a little bit on some of your points.

The reason that whites are running the show in the NFL is because whites invented the sport, created the teams, organized it into a league, and then built it into a successful business.  The players (both white and black) are simply skilled labor.  Whites are not making money off the backs of "the brothas", it's the other way around.  You could have 1500 of the greatest athletes on Earth all running 4.25 forty yard dashes and jumping over buildings.  That doesn't mean that they are going to be able to take their athletic talent and turn it into any viable business, much less a multi-billion dollar business like the NFL that will pay them the insane salaries that they get today.  The other thing to understand about the white run NFL is that it's a meritocracy.  The players used to be all white.  Once it became clear that blacks on average were faster and better players.....the NFL became a mostly black league.  The benefits of winning football games are so great and the cost of losing is incredibly high.  I'd argue that if the owners thought any particular coach, executive, or quarterback would be the best choice to help them win football games, they would be immediately hired.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dre had a chair. Life post divorce and stroke hasn't been kind. He probably has had a helluva ride. Always liked him.

There's people in suburbia more "gangsta" than him. His shit and most of their acts are more fake than a WWF wrestler.
View Quote

Your sort of right. People are too stupid to see that the NFL is just patronizing black culture to keep the money flowing. They don't really buy into it. If they did, they would go all in and have Cardi B put on a show instead of a bunch of old, pathetic fat crotch grabbers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I am over 40 and liked it. I grew up with that as Hip Hop. As a music fan, besides the words, the stuff was actually decent "music". Melodies and structurally put together great. Nowadays it is just garbage.

No idea who the Lamar rapper was. He was horrible.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Uhhh I thought it was kinda bad ass. But I was also raised on NWA & Death Row. I liked the last half where dancers were kinda in what looked like Prison garb. Must be a shout to Suge?!
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:06:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What diversity?
View Quote
They had their token Caucasian in the performance.

Even had a beard as he is a big boy now

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:11:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree with Lone Nut's comments about performance . This coach sueing about not getting hired over a white guy is BS. The insane amount of money involved means they hire the best guy they think is going to win games .Stop , Period . There's too much at stake. Have you ever heard a black player with a good winning Coach say well he's OK but I wish he was black . People want to win and people with literally millions of dollars on the line must win.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a 21st century version of a Stepin Fetchit show.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:13:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They had their token Caucasian in the performance.

Even had a beard as he is a big boy now

View Quote

One thing I learned from watching the Superbowl is that all white men are required to have beards now for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Went and watched it because of this thread.

That shit banged.  I've seen Snoop/MM/50 live.

This was actually pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#14]
“All you n***as out there, Take your guns that you using to shoot each other And start shooting these b***h-ass mother-f**king police.  That’ll impress a mother-f**king n***a like me.”  (From the song, “Police,” by Snoop Dogg & J5 Slap.)

Released 3 WEEKS AGO. I really am in complete shock as to how many people still watch this CRAP and then just go “Oh it was great!! Best halftime show ever!!!” NFL IS THE GREATEST!!!!

Fn idiots.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

“All you n***as out there, Take your guns that you using to shoot each other And start shooting these b***h-ass mother-f**king police.  That’ll impress a mother-f**king n***a like me.”  (From the song, “Police,” by Snoop Dogg & J5 Slap.)

Released 3 WEEKS AGO. I really am in complete shock as to how many people still watch this CRAP and then just go “Oh it was great!! Best halftime show ever!!!” NFL IS THE GREATEST!!!!

Fn idiots.
View Quote

Its the cultural indoctrination. The brainwashing of the weak minded. They don't even realize what it really is they are consuming, but they love it.  

Like the Chinaman who grows up in China eating dogs. He thinks roasted puppy is delicious.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:29:11 AM EDT
[#16]
We're they trying to make Compton look better in the world's eyes?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

One thing I learned from watching the Superbowl is that all white men are required to have beards now for some reason.
View Quote

Being clean shaven sucks
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Four pages and not one mention of Snoop throwing up the Crip sign and all the crip walking? I grew up listening to them but that was pathetic.
View Quote

I just figured it was arthritis.

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 2:41:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Im just here to see the closet racists post dumbass comments.

No… not all of you, but you know the comments im talking about when you see em
View Quote

Why would you think that a half time show would bring out closet racist comments?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 2:41:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Diversity?

Yeah right!

(Idiots are easily entertained)
ETA:
Perhaps that is a bit harsh as I didn't watch it. I apologize.

To each their own.

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Exactly. The Rap/Hip Hop genre is just filthy, degrading, bad sounding, racist, misogynist, violent and hateful music. And its not racist to say that. Because black people produced some of the best music on the planet. For at least 50 years.

You can go back to the 1920's with performers such as Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, Muddy Waters and the great black music continued right up to the 1970's under the Motown label. Then it started its degenerate slide. Now its just bad music. And a bad sound -  compressed, stupidly rhyming, loud and no dynamic range.

And what about Bilge's long curly straight blond hair? Is that not a cultural appropriation of Europeans? Any concerns about that?
View Quote

I wonder what Dr. King would say today about "Black  Culture & Entertainment Values"...

I don't think he'd be down & grooving with it...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:21:31 AM EDT
[#22]
As a child of the 80s and 90s, this was probably one of the best halftime show I've seen in I don't even know how long. I genuinely can't even remember a half time show I enjoyed last.

50 Cent was a nice surprise but I was losing interest in the rap scene as he was coming up so he doesn't do a ton for me. He was more my younger brothers' speed but I don't mind him since he still showed talent compared to the current day shit.

They could have cut Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar, given the time to the other sets, and the show would have been improved immensely. Mary J. Blige's set really was really out of place with the down tempo pieces and Lamar was their weak attempt to bridge real hip hop with modern trash.

Did not appreciate the substitution of "22" for "95". "95" was arguably better. Should have kept it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:23:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
63 years on this planet and have NEVER watched a single faggot ball game on tv and never will.Have fun watching that filth.
View Quote

Ok Boomer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:23:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
63 years on this planet and have NEVER watched a single faggot ball game on tv and never will.Have fun watching that filth.
View Quote

Good for you. So glad you dropped in to tell everyone.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:26:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Brought back HS and early college memories for me.  50cent got fat or is holding a bunch of water.  Kinda looks like too much test.
View Quote

He's $1.50 now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:30:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I like this post.  It lets me see who supports the commies and willingly supports BLM and the democrats.  

Fuck the NFL!!!!!!!  

View Quote

Thank You. Exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:37:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like this post.  It lets me see who supports the commies and willingly supports BLM and the democrats.  

Fuck the NFL!!!!!!!  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:57:06 AM EDT
[#28]
They had a shot at making one of the best halftime shows ever. With acts that famous and talented, it's hard to go wrong.

But they did. The show was horrible. They tried to make it look like they were on rooftops but ended up looking like shoeboxes. It was poorly put together and totally lackluster. Such a waste of talent.

Gen X weeps.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:52:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I cringed in horror when they started dancing on top of the Impalas.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Stepped in to post this.  Prince is the GOAT and an actual talented musician.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah... didn't watch any of it. NFL ruined the game with their woke ass bullshit. I actually don't watch any sports these days for various reasons, mostly driven by grown men crying about not being paid enough to play a damn game.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Didn't watch the halftime show and don't care.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#33]
I had to catch it on youtube as I have to get up early for work.

It wasn't bad at all.  Other than Kendrick Lamar, I listened to all that stuff in high school.

50 Cent starting out upside down was pretty cool, same as he did for the in da club video back in the day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They had a shot at making one of the best halftime shows ever. With acts that famous and talented, it's hard to go wrong.

But they did. The show was horrible. They tried to make it look like they were on rooftops but ended up looking like shoeboxes. It was poorly put together and totally lackluster. Such a waste of talent.

Gen X weeps.
View Quote

While I grew up and loved Dre, Snoop , and MM the actual production was just not great. I agree with you completely. I guess they were going for a block party vibe but it just didn’t land. Too many random dancers with zero choreography. Because it was always going to be just the lip synced hits the two trump cards were choreography/production and surprise guest and Fat 50 was not it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Didn't watch the SB but just watched the halftime show.

Not bad but Pepsi needs a refund.
View Quote

Somebody should have pointed out to Pepsi that some of the demographic that they're aiming for places a different meaning on the phrase "I'm going to the store to grab a case of soda." than they might hope.

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Im just here to see the closet racists post dumbass comments.

No… not all of you, but you know the comments im talking about when you see em
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I like how the token Caucasian bowed down before dre took over. It was quite fitting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Notice all the masks? Me either.
View Quote

yep-- and just like that you can sit 1" from a gobal, 70k+ audience without a mask....hmmmm
we are, and have been, being played.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#39]
That Looks Uncomfortable as F**k! - NFL Half Time Show
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Didn't watch 1 second of the stupidass bowl..........why anyone tunes into that woke mess is beyond me.  As an aside, my 6th graders basketball team won a multi county YMCA championship today! Now that was real entertainment.  Its refreshing to watch a game (of any sport) where the players involved are there because they want to play for the love of the sport itself.........not the money + bullshit.
View Quote

I’ll use the nhl for an example since I typically only watch the nhl but there is no comparison to middle school hockey and the pros.  I don’t go to the local rink to watch kids play because they don’t have the skills the pros do. Money and sport has nothing to do with it.  The skill does

I hate to say it but in regards to boycotting things your fighting a losing battle. If I only walked into non woke, non blm supporting, non lgbt supporting buildings I wouldn’t have a job to pay for any monthly expenses.  While I can appreciate the convictions of the guys and girls who don’t go into those places of business it is getting harder and harder not to by the simple fact there is so many people who support them.

At the end of the day we only get 60-80 years on this earth some more some less. You might as well try to enjoy the time you have.  No one’s going to stand at your grave and say “dad or pap was a good man he never went into Starbucks or watched a half time show”.

And before anyone says anything I’ve voted straight R since the day I could vote.

Last point. If you think everyone of the guys in the nfl (or any pro leagues) support the woke, sj, and lgbt movements you’d be wrong. A lot of these guys are just trying to make a buck before their bodies are shot to support their families
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The wife turned it on to see it, right before end of the 2nd half. Long enough for me see “END RACISM” in the end zones, on a field with a HUGE majority of black millionaires, then see a halftime show with more black millionaires, a 100% all black cast/dancers, with one single white millionaire who is all but black. Had to walk out of the room. Yeah, how about three years later, and still 100% FRNFL strong.
View Quote

And yet, a white guy who credited God and family for everything good in his life won the MVP award.

How dare they.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And yet, a white guy who credited God and family for everything good in his life won the MVP award.

How dare they.
View Quote

Did Stafford get the MVP ?

We went to bed as soon as the game ended.
The half time show sucked donkey balls.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I’ll use the nhl for an example since I typically only watch the nhl but there is no comparison to middle school hockey and the pros.  I don’t go to the local rink to watch kids play because they don’t have the skills the pros do. Money and sport has nothing to do with it.  The skill does

I hate to say it but in regards to boycotting things your fighting a losing battle. If I only walked into non woke, non blm supporting, non lgbt supporting buildings I wouldn’t have a job to pay for any monthly expenses.  While I can appreciate the convictions of the guys and girls who don’t go into those places of business it is getting harder and harder not to by the simple fact there is so many people who support them.

At the end of the day we only get 60-80 years on this earth some more some less. You might as well try to enjoy the time you have.  No one’s going to stand at your grave and say “dad or pap was a good man he never went into Starbucks or watched a half time show”.

And before anyone says anything I’ve voted straight R since the day I could vote.
View Quote

I think the thing is, I don't boycott per se. IDGAF what other people do. I just can't bring myself to lend support to something I don't agree with when I have choices. Football is not vital to my life. I can live quite well without it. It's not like it's food. Even then, I spend my money at businesses that I feel most closely represent my priorities.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#44]

That’s a 51 yr old R&B singer and actress.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I was entertained.

That's what's its all about.

Football entertainers and music entertainers.....

If they would just shut up thinking they are somebody and just entertain we'd be on to something.

Well paid entertainers...........
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think the thing is, I don't boycott per se. IDGAF what other people do. I just can't bring myself to lend support to something I don't agree with when I have choices. Football is not vital to my life. I can live quite well without it. It's not like it's food. Even then, I spend my money at businesses that I feel most closely represent my priorities.
View Quote

@homesteader375

I’m with you and in some regards we are the same. I try to buy American.  I try and support the local conservative owned restaurant. I may watch 3-4 nfl games per year and admittedly I watch a lot of nhl. I don’t shop at dicks sporting goods due to them getting rid of guns.  I guess my main point is if you only buy or frequent places that agree with your views it gets incredibly stressful trying to keep track of what to do and what not to do.

Business wise I can’t pick or choose who my customers are or who they support.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That’s the best one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Out of all of his songs Eminem chooses moms spahgetti.....

That’s the best one

He chose that one because he just opened up a restaurant (chain?) called "Mom's Spaghetti"

He's getting paid to advertise his own business.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#48]

To be accurate, those need to be New Balance, and the jeans have to be hemmed shorts! (Jort's?)
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#49]
I love that some folks feel the need to drop into threads like this to announce they don't watch football.

Like "Well, okay then."

Not a huge football fan myself but I'll watch the playoffs if the Packers are in it and I'll catch the Super Bowl for the spectacle. Those who boycott shit are no better than the cancel culture on the left as must live a miserable life. JMHO.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Garbage! I turned that shit off when I seen who was on stage.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top