BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 205
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Georgia's game with Mizzou is cancelled.
Georgia Tech's game with Pitt is cancelled.

Georgia's Governor should declare a state emergency and schedule Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate for this weekend!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51R5RRMS91L._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I never picked up more than pure dislike from UGA/GT during my short time living in GA
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I never picked up more than pure dislike from UGA/GT during my short time living in GA
View Quote
GT grads don't care as much about football in my experience.  It's an in state rivalry that they only win about once a decade.  If they were still in the SEC and had a better program the hate would be more visceral.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GT grads don't care as much about football in my experience.  It's an in state rivalry that they only win about once a decade.  If they were still in the SEC and had a better program the hate would be more visceral.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One sided rivalry isn't much of a rivalry.  UGA fans mostly seem to hate Mark Reicht so far as I remember
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked mark.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I liked mark.
View Quote

The ones that work for me always thought UGA was under performing under MR, and they were right.  

Unfortunately Nick Saban owns his assistants in a bad way but 2nd place sucks a lot less than the rest of CFB.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Mark always seemed like a guy that cared about his team and family . And to add to your comment. If you ain’t winning it ALL, your under performing.  UGA mindset. I guess not a bad way to think but who really stays on top if your not named Bama or Clemson.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

One sided rivalry isn't much of a rivalry.  UGA fans mostly seem to hate Mark Reicht so far as I remember
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Go Bucks! Beat Michigan.....again
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bobby Dodd didn't like getting his tail kicked on a regular basis
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I treat being a Gator in Atlanta like voting for Trump in Atlanta. I keep my head down and my mouth shut because everyone will hate me for it.

On that note, I'll be going to Gainesville for the UF game this weekend. Wish me luck on not getting Covid which would ruin my thanksgiving plans!
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

lol
True fans ride the ups and downs.
Guess you put that LSU T-shirt at the back of the closet?

I like Orgeron and hope he turns it around. LSU attracts too many great athletes not to. Honestly the loss of talent and coaches from last year were just too much to overcome. I’m still amazed most people still thought they would be good this year.
I don’t think anyone is that deep. Even Bama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LSWho LSWho
I wish they'd just cancel the entire season. Mercy rule and all that...

lol

I like Orgeron and hope he turns it around. LSU attracts too many great athletes not to. Honestly the loss of talent and coaches from last year were just too much to overcome. I’m still amazed most people still thought they would be good this year.

I think Orgeron caught lightning in a bottle last year.  Time will tell, but I’m not thinking he’s going to be a long term solution at LSU.  His teams don’t seem to be very disciplined and unless you’re far more talented than your opponents, you’re going to lose games that your team should normally win.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Only the SEC has any solid teams, so far as we've seen, and they are all getting postponed/canceled this week.  Big 12 is average fest at best, and B1G and PAC12 need to participate.  

Sorta wish the refs would mess with Leach/Kiffin more so we could have some sound bytes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspected you would.
In fact....and this is a true story.....when I read the post I had to doublecheck that WD posted that and not you.

Someone has to bring some energy to this thread.

It’s dead compared to previous years

Only the SEC has any solid teams, so far as we've seen, and they are all getting postponed/canceled this week.  Big 12 is average fest at best, and B1G and PAC12 need to participate.  

Sorta wish the refs would mess with Leach/Kiffin more so we could have some sound bytes

I’m sure SEC refs will rise to the occasion.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Shame.  Way too young.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#14]
UAB vs North Texas has been cancelled for this weekend. One of the teams has had a COVID outbreak.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:46:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Eason and Fromm had similar 2019 results
View Quote
No offense, but this is a very simplistic approach to looking at their last seasons in college, and only focuses on stats.

Truth.  2019 Was Fromm's worst year and he still had similar numbers to Eason.  Fromm was a better college QB than Eason.  Eason may have been considered a better Pro QB prospect, but he didn't outplay Fromm.
View Quote
This is delusional.

As far as Eason "outplaying" Fromm, he must have done something right...he was named the starter heading into 2017, and started the first game over Fromm.  Fromm only got in through injury, nothing more.

You guys comparing their Junior (final) seasons in college are only focusing on stats, and not considering anything else.  In 2019, Fromm threw for 2,870 over 14 games, versus Eason with 3,132 over 13 games.  That gives From an average of 205 yards per game, with Eason averaging 241 yards per game.  So, roughly 36 yards difference per game, no big deal?  That same year, Georgia averaged 408.9 yds per game, with 186yds in rushing...so Fromm accounted for roughly 50% of the offense.  Washington?  392 yards per game, with 149 yds per game rushing...meaning Eason was 62% of their offense.  That's a considerable difference.

Eason was a definitely a bigger part of the offensive picture for Washington, but you also have to consider the teams surrounding the QB.  In the 2020, Georgia had five offensive players drafted (six if you count Fromm).  Two offensive tackles were taken in the first round, the starting RB was taken in the 2nd round, a guard in the 4th, and TE in the 6th.  That's three players off the line, a running back, and TE.  Know how many Washington players were drafted in the '20 draft?  Two...one of those was Eason, and the other was a center taken in the 5th round.

Point is, Fromm was surrounded by considerably more talent, had an NFL caliber offensive line, and the #2 running back taken in the draft.  Stick Fromm at Washington and Eason at Georgia in '19, who do you think has the better year?  I know which one I'm picking...

Don't get me wrong, I think Fromm was a decent QB...but he absolutely peaked in '17.  He never really improved after his freshman year, and actually regressed in his final season.  But this idea that Eason isn't really any better because he put up similar numbers at Washington is downright foolish.

Of course, the argument could be made that Fromm never got any better because of Smart's system....and who knows if Eason would have declined as well, but that's a whole other debate.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:06:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think Orgeron caught lightning in a bottle last year.  Time will tell, but I’m not thinking he’s going to be a long term solution at LSU.  His teams don’t seem to be very disciplined and unless you’re far more talented than your opponents, you’re going to lose games that your team should normally win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LSWho LSWho

lol

"I don’t think anyone is that deep. Even Bama."

I guess LSU didn't want to find out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Feel 100%.  Had direct exposure Saturday and Sunday to two people that tested positive on Tuesday.  

The lady at the testing site came back and said "You're negative."  I told her she sounded like my wife.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess I need to change my avatar for 10-14 days.

Attachment Attached File

Monk

ETA: Or this one...
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Bottom one is perfecr
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
How bad is it? Runny nose? With only a 99.99% chance of survival, you're in our prayers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No offense, but this is a very simplistic approach to looking at their last seasons in college, and only focuses on stats.

This is delusional.  

As far as Eason "outplaying" Fromm, he must have done something right...he was named the starter heading into 2017, and started the first game over Fromm.  Fromm only got in through injury, nothing more.  

You guys comparing their Junior (final) seasons in college are only focusing on stats, and not considering anything else.  In 2019, Fromm threw for 2,870 over 14 games, versus Eason with 3,132 over 13 games.  That gives From an average of 205 yards per game, with Eason averaging 241 yards per game.  So, roughly 36 yards difference per game, no big deal?  That same year, Georgia averaged 408.9 yds per game, with 186yds in rushing...so Fromm accounted for roughly 50% of the offense.  Washington?  392 yards per game, with 149 yds per game rushing...meaning Eason was 62% of their offense.  That's a considerable difference.  

Eason was a definitely a bigger part of the offensive picture for Washington, but you also have to consider the teams surrounding the QB.  In the 2020, Georgia had five offensive players drafted (six if you count Fromm).  Two offensive tackles were taken in the first round, the starting RB was taken in the 2nd round, a guard in the 4th, and TE in the 6th.  That's three players off the line, a running back, and TE.  Know how many Washington players were drafted in the '20 draft?  Two...one of those was Eason, and the other was a center taken in the 5th round.  

Point is, Fromm was surrounded by considerably more talent, had an NFL caliber offensive line, and the #2 running back taken in the draft.  Stick Fromm at Washington and Eason at Georgia in '19, who do you think has the better year?  I know which one I'm picking...

Don't get me wrong, I think Fromm was a decent QB...but he absolutely peaked in '17.  He never really improved after his freshman year, and actually regressed in his final season.  But this idea that Eason isn't really any better because he put up similar numbers at Washington is downright foolish.

Of course, the argument could be made that Fromm never got any better because of Smart's system....and who knows if Eason would have declined as well, but that's a whole other debate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Eason and Fromm had similar 2019 results

Truth.  2019 Was Fromm's worst year and he still had similar numbers to Eason.  Fromm was a better college QB than Eason.  Eason may have been considered a better Pro QB prospect, but he didn't outplay Fromm.

This is delusional.  

Whatever man.  Eason was the starter at the begining of '17 because he was the starter in '16 and Fromm was a true freshman.  Yeah Eason was a bigger % of the Washington offense in '19.  Probably has something to do with playing in different offenses. Yep they had different levels of talent on their teams and they played against different levels of talent too.  Fromm played in 3 conference championship games, won the Rose Bowl, and played in the NCG (and should have won).  There are tons of random stats either of us could use to make our argument.  Comparing their college career stats isn't delusional or foolish.

Don't get me wrong, I think Fromm was a decent QB...but he absolutely peaked in '17.  He never really improved after his freshman year, and actually regressed in his final season.
I posted the same thing two weeks ago in this thread.  The lack of WR talent and the offensive play-calling were both huge factors in '19 also.

We're on the same side.  I've voiced my frustration with the QB fiasco at Georgia.

Stetson's no good as we've seen.  Mathis is no good, as we've seen.  Daniels is behind both of them on the depth chart.  My guess is he's not much better at this point.  Check out this video of film study that's not a highlight reel.  

The biggest factor as to why Georgia is in the position it's in is because the graduate transfer took most of the coaching attention and first team reps in a shortened spring and summer camp, started getting Heisman and 1st round buzz, and decided to opt out 3 weeks before the first game.  As you're well aware, neither Stetson or Mathis or Daniels were supposed to be the starter.  I don't think the staff wanted Fromm to leave early for the NFL.  The buck stops with Kirby so he's gotta take the blame.

Go Dawgs!

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How bad is it? Runny nose? With only a 99.99% chance of survival, you're in our prayers.
View Quote
So you saying my chances are slightly less than OSU's when they play MI?

So far symptoms are like a bad sinus infection.
Not fun for sure but not the worst thing by far.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So you saying my chances are slightly less than OSU's when they play MI?

So far symptoms are like a bad sinus infection.
Not fun for sure but not the worst thing by far.

Monk
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, GT grads have jobs.

That probably goes a long way to not caring why the trailer park on the other side of town is on fire every weekend in the fall.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Dude, the number one team in the country is playing on Friday! How can that not be a Don't Miss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dude, the number one team in the country is playing on Friday! How can that not be a Don't Miss?

Better?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/174498/2020cfbwk11fJoke_JPG-1682529.JPG

There ya go.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There ya go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better?

There ya go.

I still haven't finished Saturday's schedule as it is changing faster than the Biden vote count.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I still haven't finished Saturday's schedule as it is changing faster than the Biden vote count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better?

There ya go.

TTU/BU is getting some bets, line has swung 3 points overnight.  Big 12 pillow fight

Seems like most the quality teams have postponed or canceled this week
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

TTU/BU is getting some bets, line has swung 3 points overnight.  Big 12 pillow fight

View Quote

Michigan is still playing
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stand by my statement.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I stand by my statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stand by my statement.

I was waiting on that.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Eight Tennessee football assistants reject pay cuts proposed by Vols athletic department
Eight Tennessee football staff members rejected pay cuts that were proposed by the athletic department to help combat financial losses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, according to documents obtained by Knox News via a public records request.
The eight staff members are the only athletic department employees who were asked to accept a pay cut and declined, records show.

Wide receivers coach Tee Martin and running backs coach Jay Graham are the only football assistants who have accepted pay cuts.

Declining pay cuts were:
Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney
Defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley
Offensive line coach Will Friend
Quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke
Inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer
Outside linebackers coach Shelton Felton
Tight ends coach Joe Osovet
Strength and conditioning coach A.J. Artis

Tennessee’s athletic department expects a $40 million loss in revenue during this fiscal year, largely because of a pandemic-induced reduction in football revenue.
View Quote
Monk
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't recall anyone else rejecting cuts...
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Monk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Eight Tennessee football assistants reject pay cuts proposed by Vols athletic department
Eight Tennessee football staff members rejected pay cuts that were proposed by the athletic department to help combat financial losses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, according to documents obtained by Knox News via a public records request.
The eight staff members are the only athletic department employees who were asked to accept a pay cut and declined, records show.

Wide receivers coach Tee Martin and running backs coach Jay Graham are the only football assistants who have accepted pay cuts.

Declining pay cuts were:

Tennessee’s athletic department expects a $40 million loss in revenue during this fiscal year, largely because of a pandemic-induced reduction in football revenue.
Monk

Shelton Felton?

His parents must have hated him
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LSWho LSWho

lol

With COVID, I don’t think they really had a choice but to postpone.  If the bowls and playoff games aren’t pushed back, it jams quite a few consecutive games together for the SEC champion.  If they don’t reschedule the playoffs, maybe let Alabama play LSU instead of Florida since the two teams are both in the West?  It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Monk
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Declining pay cuts were:

Monk

I think people may start realizing college athletic departments don’t have an endless supply of money.   If a big time program like Tennessee is having money problems, God help smaller programs.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Shelton Felton?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Declining pay cuts were:

Monk

Shelton Felton?

I bet he knew how to fight by the time he got out of elementary school.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:I think people may start realizing college athletic departments don’t have an endless supply of money.   If a big time program like Tennessee is having money problems, God help smaller programs.
View Quote
I agree.
I am stunned the coaches didn't take some sort of pay cut.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LSWho LSWho

lol

Orgeron’s offense with Miles brennan at the helm (now out for the season due to an injury from Mizzou game) has been very productive.

LSU’s issues are 100% the result of shit defense. They players seem unmotivated and confused. I blame this on Pelini, but it’s on Orgeron if he doesn’t fix that problem.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think people may start realizing college athletic departments don’t have an endless supply of money.   If a big time program like Tennessee is having money problems, God help smaller programs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Declining pay cuts were:

Monk

Only like ~25 programs were in the black to begin with
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

https://medium.com/platform-sports-media/rumor-influential-michigan-football-boosters-finalizing-plan-to-pursue-urban-meyer-d9b4e1b3284a

No way it is true, but it is hilarious. Or it's the biggest hail mary of all hail mary's. Funny regardless.

Our season died a long time ago, so the next bit of entertainment we Michiganders can cling onto is to read what all the angry fans and alumni have to say.... and the ridiculous rumors.

According to a source that will remain nameless, the booster and other financial donors are preparing an offer that would make Meyer college football's highest-paid coach. The offer is expected to be in the ballpark of roughly $12 million per season, which is higher than current contracts owned by both Harbaugh ($8M) and Alabama head coach Nick Saban ($9M).
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84024/michigan_png-1682948.JPG

https://medium.com/platform-sports-media/rumor-influential-michigan-football-boosters-finalizing-plan-to-pursue-urban-meyer-d9b4e1b3284a

No way it is true, but it is hilarious. Or it's the biggest hail mary of all hail mary's. Funny regardless.

Our season died a long time ago, so the next bit of entertainment we Michiganders can cling onto is to read what all the angry fans and alumni have to say.... and the ridiculous rumors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84024/michigan_png-1682948.JPG

According to a source that will remain nameless, the booster and other financial donors are preparing an offer that would make Meyer college football's highest-paid coach. The offer is expected to be in the ballpark of roughly $12 million per season, which is higher than current contracts owned by both Harbaugh ($8M) and Alabama head coach Nick Saban ($9M).

Texas is hoping to get Urban this year
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I heard his wife was house shopping in Austin.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

heh
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Naw, that's Satan's wife.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 new strip clubs opened up right next to campus
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is for the winter vacation home. Main residence will be in A2
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Monk
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Declining pay cuts were:

Monk

Will Friend was one of my OL coaches at UAB. He was there under Neil Callaway.
Page / 205
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top