BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No chance, Kirby is going down with the USS Bennett...all hands aboard.

What makes all of this worse, Bennett still has another year of eligibility.  If he comes back, at the very least you lose Daniels, and possibly Beck or Vandagriff.  At some point, highly rated QB's are going to start avoiding Georgia and Smart...and I don't blame them one bit.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If gus malzahn knows anything about CCCF and bowl games, it's losing. UF by 7+ even being in a shambles. ??
View Quote

Malzahn is 2-5 in bowl games.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He’s been at Iowa St for 5-6 years now and is yet to play in a conference championship game. Wasn’t that 1 of your qualifications?
View Quote

ISU beat OU last year during the regular season and lost to OU in the conference game.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ISU beat OU last year during the regular season and lost to OU in the conference game.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s been at Iowa St for 5-6 years now and is yet to play in a conference championship game. Wasn’t that 1 of your qualifications?

Ahhh I didn’t realize that. Guess that’s why they were expected to be a title contender this year. Why the falloff? Injuries?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wish I could afford the tickets and my 85 year old father have the ability to travel. I’d take him in a heartbeat........ he’s been a Bama fan since he was a young man but he’s too old to go anymore
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got our tkts for the RV lot and game at the Cotton bowl.

I wish I could afford the tickets and my 85 year old father have the ability to travel. I’d take him in a heartbeat........ he’s been a Bama fan since he was a young man but he’s too old to go anymore

Got a coworker that took his 75 year old dad to his first Auburn game a few weeks ago.  It definitely earned him some points.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ahhh I didn’t realize that. Guess that’s why they were expected to be a title contender this year. Why the falloff? Injuries?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question. ISU had like 20 starters returning and I don't think they had that many injuries.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I foresee a season ending "injury" to Bennett during preps for Michigan.   Then JT Daniels comes in to save the day.
View Quote

*Laughs in Aiden Hutchinson
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I foresee a season ending "injury" to Bennett during preps for Michigan.   Then JT Daniels comes in to save the day.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Just heard that Brent Venables has left the local airport on the OU jet. Looks like a done deal now.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am amazed my Hogs are in a New Years Day bowl after the last nine years of misery.

Sam Pittman is my Coach of the year.
View Quote

He’s done a good job there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just heard that Brent Venables has left the local airport on the OU jet. Looks like a done deal now.
View Quote

Saw the same.  It’ll be interesting to see how he works out.  Quite a few interesting coaching changes this year.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Saw the same.  It’ll be interesting to see how he works out.  Quite a few interesting coaching changes this year.
View Quote

It will. I hate to see him leave. His defense was about the only bright spot for Clemson this year.
Question now is who does Dabo replace him with?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

OU's AD just tweeted that the deal is done. Plane just left to return to Norman.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It will. I hate to see him leave. His defense was about the only bright spot for Clemson this year.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Exactly. The only way that would work fairly would be to put all the teams in a computer and let it decide the games. Set the program so you run thru every team in the other conferences 1 time each before you repeat the cycle. It would take 15 years or so to play everyone but so what.

Then you would have true conference vs conference records.
I know they do that with bowl games but it’s just not a true representation due to optouts.

It would work until the computer told Saban he was playing Utah, Michigan and Clemson in the same year.
View Quote

Saban would be the least likely coach to complain about that schedule.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe Kirby so he can get another championship ring ?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

OU's AD just tweeted that the deal is done.
View Quote
Now OU needs to hire someone to pull him off the field after every play!
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Now OU needs to hire someone to pull him off the field after every play!
View Quote

Brent's not as intense as he was, ten years ago.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

60% of the students at UoA are from out of state. AL brings a national audience on TV.
View Quote

Probably because not enough Alabama residents can color inside the lines to get accepted

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity what did that set you back?
View Quote

RV lot: 150

Can arrive at 8am Thursday and leave by 5pm Saturday

Tkts lower bowl were 3 hundred and change plus fees
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Probably because not enough Alabama residents can color inside the lines to get accepted

View Quote

I almost posted something similar
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:No chance, Kirby is going down with the USS Bennett...all hands aboard.

What makes all of this worse, Bennett still has another year of eligibility.  If he comes back, at the very least you lose Daniels, and possibly Beck or Vandagriff.  At some point, highly rated QB's are going to start avoiding Georgia and Smart...and I don't blame them one bit.
View Quote

Gee, that'd be a shame. How awful that would be.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Gee, that'd be a shame. How awful that would be.
View Quote

You sound very heart broken about it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Local news covering the OU plane landing with Venables on board...

KWTV if anyone is interested
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That 16 team playoff everyone has been clamoring for is coming..............then it will be "16 isn't enough"............
View Quote

Chances of #16 beating #1 and running the field is nearly impossible. It isn't basketball.
Chances of #8 running the table is slim as well. Realistically, look at this year- OU, ND, OSU, tOSU, Baylor, Ole Miss - honestly have a chance of winning 3 against the top 3?
Maybe tOSU, but not the rest.

Also, expand the playoffs and it's time to eliminate meaningless bowl games where the best players are opting out.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:49:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might not be the only coordinator Dabo is replacing this year.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Venables has asked Todd Bates, Clemson's DT coach, to join him. Haven't heard if he has accepted the offer, though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

60% of the students at UoA are from out of state. AL brings a national audience on TV.

snicker
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Incorrect, if it was the same as other situations, then you would be down where you make contact with the ground…..but it isn’t like that.  

He also dipped his hips a little.  The rule doesn’t say it is downed when you make contact with the ground, it is where you start the action.

Ball Declared Dead
ARTICLE 3. A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound their whistle or declare it dead:
a. When it goes out of bounds other than a kick that scores a field goal after
touching the uprights or crossbar; when a ball carrier is out of bounds; or when a ball carrier is so held that their forward progress is stopped. When in question, the ball is dead (A.R. 4-2-1-II).
b. When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except the hand or foot, touches the ground or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise falls and loses possession of the ball as they contact the ground with any part of their body, except the hand or foot [Exception: The ball remains alive when an offensive player has simulated a kick or at the snap is in postion to kick the ball held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule] (A.R. 4-1-3-I).
c. When a touchdown, touchback, safety, field goal or successful try occurs; or when a free kick or a scrimmage kick that is untouched by Team B beyond the neutral zone touches the ground in Team B’s end zone (Rules 6-1-7-a, 6-3-9, and A.R. 6-3-9-I).
d. When, during a try, a dead-ball rule applies (Rule 8-3-2-d-5).
e. When a player of the kicking team catches or recovers any free kick or a
scrimmage kick that has crossed the neutral zone.
f. When a free kick, scrimmage kick or any other loose ball comes to rest and
no player attempts to secure it.
g. When a scrimmage kick or a free kick is caught or recovered by any Team B player after a valid or invalid fair-catch signal by a Team B player; or when an invalid fair-catch signal is made after a catch or recovery by Team B (Rules 2-8-1 through 3).
h. When there is a return kick or a scrimmage kick is made beyond the neutral zone.
i. When a forward pass is ruled incomplete.
j. When, before a change of team possession on fourth down or a try, a Team A fumble is caught or recovered by a Team A player other than the fumbler
(Rules 7-2-2-a and -b and 8-3-2-d-5).
k. When a live ball not in player possession touches anything inbounds other
than a player, a player’s equipment, an official, an official’s equipment or
the ground (inadvertent-whistle provisions apply).
l. When there is a simultaneous catch or recovery of a live ball.
m. Whentheballbecomesillegalwhileinplay(inadvertent-whistleprovisions
apply).
n. When a live ball comes into possession of an official (inadvertent-whistle provisions apply).
o. When a ball carrier simulates placing their knee on the ground.
p. When an airborne pass receiver of either team is held so that they are prevented from immediately returning to the ground (A.R. 7-3-6-III).
q. When a ball carrier’s helmet comes completely off.
r. When a ball carrier obviously begins a feet-first slide. (A.R. 4-1-3-III)

I would argue that if we can call it a fake slide, then obviously there were signs that it is the beginning of a slide….

Still the thing I hate about faking a slide is that it causes a judgement call by the players/refs that can lead to penalties or inadvertent stoppage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but the slide is "started" where a player makes contact with the ground, in the same manner that they would be considered down in other situations. They are not down until something other than the hands or feet touch the ground.

All he did was drag a foot and the defenders assumed he was going to slide because that's what QBs usually do. Gotcha!

Incorrect, if it was the same as other situations, then you would be down where you make contact with the ground…..but it isn’t like that.  

He also dipped his hips a little.  The rule doesn’t say it is downed when you make contact with the ground, it is where you start the action.

Ball Declared Dead
ARTICLE 3. A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound their whistle or declare it dead:
touching the uprights or crossbar; when a ball carrier is out of bounds; or when a ball carrier is so held that their forward progress is stopped. When in question, the ball is dead (A.R. 4-2-1-II).
b. When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except the hand or foot, touches the ground or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise falls and loses possession of the ball as they contact the ground with any part of their body, except the hand or foot [Exception: The ball remains alive when an offensive player has simulated a kick or at the snap is in postion to kick the ball held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule] (A.R. 4-1-3-I).
c. When a touchdown, touchback, safety, field goal or successful try occurs; or when a free kick or a scrimmage kick that is untouched by Team B beyond the neutral zone touches the ground in Team B’s end zone (Rules 6-1-7-a, 6-3-9, and A.R. 6-3-9-I).
g. When a scrimmage kick or a free kick is caught or recovered by any Team B player after a valid or invalid fair-catch signal by a Team B player; or when an invalid fair-catch signal is made after a catch or recovery by Team B (Rules 2-8-1 through 3).
h. When there is a return kick or a scrimmage kick is made beyond the neutral zone.
j. When, before a change of team possession on fourth down or a try, a Team A fumble is caught or recovered by a Team A player other than the fumbler
apply).
n. When a live ball comes into possession of an official (inadvertent-whistle provisions apply).
p. When an airborne pass receiver of either team is held so that they are prevented from immediately returning to the ground (A.R. 7-3-6-III).

I would argue that if we can call it a fake slide, then obviously there were signs that it is the beginning of a slide….

Still the thing I hate about faking a slide is that it causes a judgement call by the players/refs that can lead to penalties or inadvertent stoppage.

It is like that though. Some of you are trying to push the goal posts back for where a slide begins. Where is that going to stop? Oh he leaned back while he ran that was a fake slide call it dead?

The beginning of a feet first slide is the moment they actually are on the ground sliding. The "beginning" distinction is to spot the ball where they start sliding instead of where forward motion ceases.

The action is the slide itself. Not some body language leading up to that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:10:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Except I gave very solid arguments.

UGA lost to the only good team they played.
UGA is Bama’s bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

UGA has lost 7 times in a row to Bama.

The argument earlier in this thread was that ND doesn’t belong because they have a history of always losing in the playoffs.

Following the exact same logic (UGA has an ongoing history of losing to Bama) and looking at who UGA has beaten Click To View Spoiler UGA doesn’t belong

Then who should be in that spot?

LOL good luck with that. I think I’m up to 4 replies with no answer. The ridiculous thing about that is this is just a forum where we post our opinions that at the end of the day don’t have any bearing on the decisions that will be made. It just makes for conversation concerning a subject that we all have an interest in. The opinion of anyone that ND or Baylor or Oklahoma St etc deserve a chance all have positives and negatives.

It's just butthurt "not UGA!!." There isn't a solid argument for any other particular team taking the last spot, but not Georgia damn it!

Personally, I hope we see ND slide in 4th. Bama vs. ND is still my favorite championship. That half time comment from Kelly about Alabama not coming back out on the field has a special place in my heart.

Except I gave very solid arguments.

UGA lost to the only good team they played.
UGA is Bama’s bitch.

You're not giving an argument FOR a #4 team. You're only saying why you think it shouldn't be UGA.

All the options have lost at least one game. Which one of those deserves the #4 spot, and why? I don't give a shit who it is, but all your posts on the subject come off as "anyone but UGA because the damn SEC and that's not fair!"

Like I said earlier I'd prefer ND sliding in at 4 so Alabama could embarrass the fuck out of them again.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on give Bama some credit. Their “scholar athlete” during the SEC championship had a 3.2 GPA in Communications.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:47:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ok, I'll bite.  Looking at Georgia's schedule this year, where are the 10 wins?  Keep in mind, now, Cincy struggled to beat Navy (3 wins), Tulsa (6 wins), Indiana (2 wins), and Tulane (2 wins).  That's four struggles against teams that won a total of 13 games, with none of them having winning records.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ok, I'll bite.  Looking at Georgia's schedule this year, where are the 10 wins?  Keep in mind, now, Cincy struggled to beat Navy (3 wins), Tulsa (6 wins), Indiana (2 wins), and Tulane (2 wins).  That's four struggles against teams that won a total of 13 games, with none of them having winning records.  

Clemson - Their offense was one of the worst in the entire country. They struggled to beat Boston College, Syracuse and Georgia Tech...failing to score 20 points in any of those games. Cincinnati's defense ranks in the top 10 nationally in 7 defensive categories.

UAB, Scar, Vandy - Scar struggled with Ecu and Troy. Vandy's one of the worst teams in the entire country. Uab is probably the better of the three.

Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, Tenn - All four of these teams could probably beat Cinci. In fact, I think they would likely lose two out of those four...which is why I said 10 games and not 12.

Uf, Missou, Csu and Gt - Uf is a dumpster fire, Missou is barely a P5 program, Gt was a few plays from being winless and Csu is Csu.

As far as Cinci struggling with Navy, Tulsa, Indiana and Tulane. Indiana was a better team before they lost Penix. Navy, well I guess you have a point there...but every good team struggles every now and then.

Ohio St and Oklahoma St also struggled with Tulsa. Oklahoma struggled with Tulane.

Results in a bowl game last year are absolutely irrelevant to this year, especially considering the number of opt-outs and injuries on that Georgia squad.  

Irrelevant? I disagree. Not because I think last year's result is indicative of what would happen if they played tomorrow. I just don't think you can ignore it completely and claim that Cinci would not stand a chance, when we've seen year after year that G5 teams like Ucf, Cinci and Houston can bite much more talented programs with the right coaching.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been to Michigan.  I wouldn’t throw stones in a glass house.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Wakey glad we get to play y’all. I think y’all are no Doubt are the solid #2.  Maybe our starter QB will sprain his ankle from a skateboard or something and we can play a power 5 QB against y’all . Making for a good game in the 4th quarter.  Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know Tony Elliott's name has been mentioned for both the Duke and Virginia openings but haven't heard much more than that here so far.
Dabo has had a good run keeping his staff together but this year might be the end of that too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#38]
With the coaching chaos, Saban wins another title, retires and Dabo comes on home to Mama.

Actually, did ya'll see this?

Dabo at the Raiders
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It is like that though. Some of you are trying to push the goal posts back for where a slide begins. Where is that going to stop? Oh he leaned back while he ran that was a fake slide call it dead?

The beginning of a feet first slide is the moment they actually are on the ground sliding. The "beginning" distinction is to spot the ball where they start sliding instead of where forward motion ceases.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but the slide is "started" where a player makes contact with the ground, in the same manner that they would be considered down in other situations. They are not down until something other than the hands or feet touch the ground.

All he did was drag a foot and the defenders assumed he was going to slide because that's what QBs usually do. Gotcha!

Ball Declared Dead
apply).

the problem is that everyone knows if the player (especially a qb) gets hit while he's on the way down in a slide but before he actually hits the ground the defense would get flagged.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
With the coaching chaos, Saban wins another title, retires and Dabo comes on home to Mama.

Actually, did ya'll see this?

Dabo at the Raiders
View Quote

If he ever had aspirations to coach in the NFL now would be a good time if he’s losing both coordinators. He can always return to college football if he doesn’t like it. He wouldn’t have any problem getting a job. You would think Venables would have known more about this though if planned and possibly been his successor at Clemson. I’m going with he stays at Clemson.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

--snip--
View Quote

Which Clemson offense are you referring to...early season Clemson, or the Clemson that averaged 36pts the last 5 games?  I know everyone bailed on Clemson, as they haven't been as dominant as recent years, but they are still a very solid team.  They managed 3 losses by an average of just over 7 points, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them as a -3 (or more) over Cincinnati right now.  Clemson would almost certainly be 11-1 with Cincy's schedule, with the only toss up the Notre Dame game....and realistically could be 12-0, even with their early season offensive struggles.

Its very easy to fall in love with these G5 teams based on one result a year in a random bowl game, but one game a year isn't the same as a full SEC, B10, or even ACC schedule.  You also have to face the reality....most of the time, its just another bowl game that few people really give a damn about.  Sure, its likely the Super Bowl for Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, or even Boise State....but with opt outs, do you honestly believe these teams are putting 100% of their talent (and effort) on the field?

Don't get me wrong, I take nothing away from these teams pulling off wins in bowl games...but suggesting this somehow equates to becoming competitive for 10+ games in a Power 5 conference is silly.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Something the bama coaches clearly did a great job at was coaching up their DBs to take the PI call instead of giving up a big play downfield or a TD.  I don’t like it and think it’s bullshit but all the teams do it (mine included) and it’s obviously within the rules. PI should be a spot foul like in the NFL instead of 15.  Yeah, I know it assumes the receiver makes the catch.  I also think PI on an underthrown ball is bullshit.  The DB is (most of the time) naturally in a position behind the receiver.  If the QB doesn’t make a good throw, why should the offense be rewarded?  A DB can’t magically get out of the way and allow a receiver to get back to a poorly thrown pass.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  They could have taken the same view of themselves as the rest of the NCAA.  The view that their entire conference is shit "off week" games for bigger conferences.  

If they took that view and scheduled their 4 out of conference games as 1 Big10, 1 Big12, 1 Pac12, and 1 SEC game they would have a good schedule.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are a victim of conference affiliation.
That will soon be corrected. But then how strong will the new Big12 honestly be?

Bullshit.  They could have taken the same view of themselves as the rest of the NCAA.  The view that their entire conference is shit "off week" games for bigger conferences.  

If they took that view and scheduled their 4 out of conference games as 1 Big10, 1 Big12, 1 Pac12, and 1 SEC game they would have a good schedule.
And yet, they're playing in the College Football Playoffs and just about everyone else isn't. That is a program changer regardless of the outcome and should set them up nicely to go into the Big 12 and start playing money ball. Strength of schedule be damned, if we could have played that schedule and ended up in the CFP, I'd be buying CFP Aggie stuff, not lamenting my poor decision making in having a cream puff schedule.

We'll find out how smart they were after the bama game.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

lol

Michigan money line is +220
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit I'm all over Michigan +7.5 when I can get that

That line will move QUICKLY

Agree.
It will unfortunately be under 7 by the time my conservative ass book opens it.

lol

Michigan money line is +220
For the non gamblers a few questions:

The -7.5 means that Georgia has to beat UM by 8 to "win" the bet, correct?

What does the money line do?

And, the over/under is based on the combined points of both teams?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Something the bama coaches clearly did a great job at was coaching up their DBs to take the PI call instead of giving up a big play downfield or a TD.  I don’t like it and think it’s bullshit but all the teams do it (mine included) and it’s obviously within the rules. PI should be a spot foul like in the NFL instead of 15.  Yeah, I know it assumes the receiver makes the catch.  I also think PI on an underthrown ball is bullshit.  The DB is (most of the time) naturally in a position behind the receiver.  If the QB doesn’t make a good throw, why should the offense be rewarded?  A DB can’t magically get out of the way and allow a receiver to get back to a poorly thrown pass.

View Quote

he's right you know.jpg

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I expect Marion Hobby might be the first call.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

the problem is that everyone knows if the player (especially a qb) gets hit while he's on the way down in a slide but before he actually hits the ground the defense would get flagged.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ball Declared Dead
apply).

Yeah but gaming the rules to your advantage is part of playing.

I think many of the rules have gone too far. They're too risk and injury adverse. Scale the rules back and make the QB think twice about hoofing it down field.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And yet, they're playing in the College Football Playoffs and just about everyone else isn't. That is a program changer regardless of the outcome and should set them up nicely to go into the Big 12 and start playing money ball. Strength of schedule be damned, if we could have played that schedule and ended up in the CFP, I'd be buying CFP Aggie stuff, not lamenting my poor decision making in having a cream puff schedule.

We'll find out how smart they were after the bama game.
View Quote

The point I was trying to make isn't if they would/should be in the playoffs.

The point was they control their strength of schedule and the BS about them being a victim of their conference affiliation.

When I point out they could schedule 4 P5 teams as their out of conference schedule people give me the crazy look and say "nobody would be stupid enough to schedule 4 P5 games for their non-conference schedule".  But think of this:

Every single SEC team has to play 8 SEC games every year, generally schedules 1 P5, then gets 3 G5 games. (generally speaking)

Cincinati has 11 G5 games and 1 P5 in their schedule.  IF they scheduled all non-conference games as P5 schools they'd still have 8 G5 games and 4 P5 games, that's the most difficult they could make their schedule but for some reason that's worse than just playing a P5 schedule as an SEC/Big12/B1G team?  Common, they choose to play crap games and play the victim when they get left out in the cold with one loss like 2019 and 2020.  

I'm using Cinci here as the example, but UCF played this victim game for years too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#49]
New SEC Shorts is up. Hope is a cruel mistress.

SEC Shorts - SEC teams return to the Bowl Dance
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
New SEC Shorts is up. Hope is a cruel mistress Bitch, a God Damn cruel Bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnM64WLLzYo
View Quote
FIFY.

Monk
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top