BCM
User Panel

Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the non gamblers a few questions:

The -7.5 means that Georgia has to beat UM by 8 to "win" the bet, correct?

What does the money line do?

And, the over/under is based on the combined points of both teams?

Thank you.
View Quote

Correct.

Money line is a bet on who will win the game, regardless of the score. A +220 means you would win $220 if you placed a $100 bet on Michigan to win the game.

Over under is the combined score.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For the non gamblers a few questions:

The -7.5 means that Georgia has to beat UM by 8 to "win" the bet, correct?

What does the money line do?

And, the over/under is based on the combined points of both teams?

Thank you.
View Quote

Yes Georgia has to win by 8 for you to win that bet if you bet on Georgia. Just add 7.5 points to Michigans final score. And don’t kid yourself thinking that 1/2 point isn’t important. Especially when it’s on a key football scoring number like 7. Georgia wins by 7 points 35-28 yet the bettors with that 1/2 point cover. I’ve had that happen several times this year. Couple weeks ago had Okie St -4.5 when they beat Oklahoma by 4. Ouch. I could have and should have bought that 1/2 point and taken Okie St -4 which is an option. Not going into those details right now.

The money line is a bet involving no point spread. Just pick the winner. Since Georgia is the favorite they will be listed with a minus (-) symbol in front of the number. Since Michigan is the underdog they will have a plus (+) symbol in front of their number.

Attachment Attached File

In the example above Georgia is the favorite listed at -280. That means for every $280 you bet you win $100.

Michigan is the underdog listed at +240. That means for every $100 you bet you win $240.

Huge difference and why underdogs that have a legitimate chance of winning are pretty good bets.

Sometimes you will even see both teams with a negative (-) moneyline. That’s normally in a small favorite situation. I believe the NCSt / UCLA point spread right now is NCSt -1 and both have - money lines.

Yes, the over/unders are the total score of both teams added together at the end of the game including overtime if played.

And if for whatever reason a bet on the point spread or over under lands on that exact number it’s termed a push and you get your money back. That’s another reason those 1/2 points are huge. There can be no ties.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The point I was trying to make isn't if they would/should be in the playoffs.

The point was they control their strength of schedule and the BS about them being a victim of their conference affiliation.

When I point out they could schedule 4 P5 teams as their out of conference schedule people give me the crazy look and say "nobody would be stupid enough to schedule 4 P5 games for their non-conference schedule".  But think of this:

Every single SEC team has to play 8 SEC games every year, generally schedules 1 P5, then gets 3 G5 games. (generally speaking)

Cincinati has 11 G5 games and 1 P5 in their schedule.  IF they scheduled all non-conference games as P5 schools they'd still have 8 G5 games and 4 P5 games, that's the most difficult they could make their schedule but for some reason that's worse than just playing a P5 schedule as an SEC/Big12/B1G team?  Common, they choose to play crap games and play the victim when they get left out in the cold with one loss like 2019 and 2020.  

I'm using Cinci here as the example, but UCF played this victim game for years too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And yet, they're playing in the College Football Playoffs and just about everyone else isn't. That is a program changer regardless of the outcome and should set them up nicely to go into the Big 12 and start playing money ball. Strength of schedule be damned, if we could have played that schedule and ended up in the CFP, I'd be buying CFP Aggie stuff, not lamenting my poor decision making in having a cream puff schedule.

We'll find out how smart they were after the bama game.

The point was they control their strength of schedule and the BS about them being a victim of their conference affiliation.

When I point out they could schedule 4 P5 teams as their out of conference schedule people give me the crazy look and say "nobody would be stupid enough to schedule 4 P5 games for their non-conference schedule".  But think of this:

Every single SEC team has to play 8 SEC games every year, generally schedules 1 P5, then gets 3 G5 games. (generally speaking)

Cincinati has 11 G5 games and 1 P5 in their schedule.  IF they scheduled all non-conference games as P5 schools they'd still have 8 G5 games and 4 P5 games, that's the most difficult they could make their schedule but for some reason that's worse than just playing a P5 schedule as an SEC/Big12/B1G team?  Common, they choose to play crap games and play the victim when they get left out in the cold with one loss like 2019 and 2020.  

I'm using Cinci here as the example, but UCF played this victim game for years too.

Nothing posted here is BS
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nothing posted here is BS
View Quote

You definitely have wb blocked.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Miami finally has a decent coach.  

It will be interesting to see who Oregon gets.  Kelly could be coming back.

Lots of changes in the PNW.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Sam Howell will play in the Duke’s Mayo bowl in Charlotte versus Lower Carolina.  This is the same venue and opponent as his first game at UNC.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

You think Oregon wants Kelly back?
He hasn’t set the world on fire at UCLA. They did improve this year but it makes me wonder. He was a hot commodity for a while.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sam Howell will play in the Duke’s Mayo bowl in Charlotte versus Lower Carolina.  This is the same venue and opponent as his first game at UNC.  

View Quote

Isn’t lower Carolina the favorite?
Is another SEC team gonna be your daddy 2 years in a row?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He hasn’t set the world on fire at UCLA. They did improve this year but it makes me wonder. He was a hot commodity for a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a lot of buzz for him and even Petersen.

The other options are going after Baylor, BYU, or even Oregon State's head coach.

Some have mentioned Campbell.  This could be a last shot for him to get a raise, but if he turned down 7m/yr for UW, he probably isn't going to bite on Oregon's offer
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd go after Aranda before underwhelming Kelly... he was better when they were able to buy players
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Chances are if you are/were a student at UoA during the Saban years you got to see a National Champ team while enrolled.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

60% of the students at UoA are from out of state. AL brings a national audience on TV.

Probably because not enough Alabama residents can color inside the lines to get accepted

Chances are if you are/were a student at UoA during the Saban years you got to see a National Champ team while enrolled.

National Champs but can they read English?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Howell is gonna go out like he started - whippin’ that SEC ass.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There is a lot of buzz for him and even Petersen.

The other options are going after Baylor, BYU, or even Oregon State's head coach.

Some have mentioned Campbell.  This could be a last shot for him to get a raise, but if he turned down 7m/yr for UW, he probably isn't going to bite on Oregon's offer
View Quote

I’d love for Aranda to go to Oregon.  In a year or two he will have the Ducks destroying usc.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/the-university-of-alabama-100751/overall-rankings
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/the-university-of-alabama-100751/overall-rankings

Harvard of the South
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'd go after Aranda before underwhelming Kelly... he was better when they were able to buy players
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can legally buy players now and Oregon has Phil Knights backing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53154/5C32B448-C8A6-4856-BFB7-C82D3A9A21B7_jpe-2194502.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53154/5C32B448-C8A6-4856-BFB7-C82D3A9A21B7_jpe-2194502.JPG

I saw on an SEC message board that every SEC team was favored in their bowls. Should have known better.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Previously they were paying handlers for recruits, thought Phil stopped giving O money but I don't keep up with the whacko coast too well
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I saw on an SEC message board that every SEC team was favored in their bowls. Should have known better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sacrificing some teams so others have more winnable matchups.  

I recall a 7-5 TTU vs. a 8(9)-3 (9th game was hurricane canceled FCS ) LSU

Mahomes kept us in it the first half
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#21]
why would a coach leave Oregon to go to Miami?  i dont understand this move at all.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
why would a coach leave Oregon to go to Miami?  i dont understand this move at all.

View Quote

Probably doesn't want to be forced to take jabs from doctors and wear a mask all the time
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's from Miami, played for UM from 89-92, and his dying mother is there now.

8m a year and highest assistant coaching budget in the ACC helps too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re about to see that everywhere.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And yet, they're playing in the College Football Playoffs and just about everyone else isn't. That is a program changer regardless of the outcome and should set them up nicely to go into the Big 12 and start playing money ball. Strength of schedule be damned, if we could have played that schedule and ended up in the CFP, I'd be buying CFP Aggie stuff, not lamenting my poor decision making in having a cream puff schedule.

We'll find out how smart they were after the bama game.

I get what you're saying.

I think we are going to have a front row seat to how big the differences are. If it goes the way we think it will, the G5 will probably never get another shot again. If it goes Boise St. versus OU, then who knows?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Correct.

Money line is a bet on who will win the game, regardless of the score. A +220 means you would win $220 if you placed a $100 bet on Michigan to win the game.

Over under is the combined score.
View Quote

Quoted:

Yes Georgia has to win by 8 for you to win that bet if you bet on Georgia. Just add 7.5 points to Michigans final score. And don't kid yourself thinking that 1/2 point isn't important. Especially when it's on a key football scoring number like 7. Georgia wins by 7 points 35-28 yet the bettors with that 1/2 point cover. I've had that happen several times this year. Couple weeks ago had Okie St -4.5 when they beat Oklahoma by 4. Ouch. I could have and should have bought that 1/2 point and taken Okie St -4 which is an option. Not going into those details right now.

The money line is a bet involving no point spread. Just pick the winner. Since Georgia is the favorite they will be listed with a minus (-) symbol in front of the number. Since Michigan is the underdog they will have a plus (+) symbol in front of their number.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/2929DA34-4F44-463E-9D29-FA123D5EAE5D_jpe-2194336.JPG

In the example above Georgia is the favorite listed at -280. That means for every $280 you bet you win $100.

Michigan is the underdog listed at +240. That means for every $100 you bet you win $240.

Huge difference and why underdogs that have a legitimate chance of winning are pretty good bets.

Sometimes you will even see both teams with a negative (-) moneyline. That's normally in a small favorite situation. I believe the NCSt / UCLA point spread right now is NCSt -1 and both have - money lines.

Yes, the over/unders are the total score of both teams added together at the end of the game including overtime if played.

And if for whatever reason a bet on the point spread or over under lands on that exact number it's termed a push and you get your money back. That's another reason those 1/2 points are huge. There can be no ties.
View Quote
Thank you both. I generally never bet on human beings, they're damn unreliable, but it might be fun to throw a little play money at it. Where does everyone bet?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Harvard of the South
View Quote

lol, Florida has been trying to claim that title for years.  They at least have the so-far-left-liberal-bullshit-crammed-down-your-throat-at-every-turn thing down pat.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thank you both. I generally never bet on human beings, they're damn unreliable, but it might be fun to throw a little play money at it. Where does everyone bet?
View Quote

Especially a bunch of college kids who may or may not be out on South Beach getting shithammered drunk the night before the game.

Put me down for $5.  I’m good for it.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FIFY.

Monk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New SEC Shorts is up. Hope is a cruel mistress Bitch, a God Damn cruel Bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnM64WLLzYo
FIFY.

Monk

I was waiting for the pepper spray to come out.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is zero (0) chance that LSU is not number one on that list.  Those coon asses don’t fuck around.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There is zero (0) chance that LSU is not number one on that list.  Those coon asses don’t fuck around.
View Quote

Didn't LSU famously drink all the available alcohol in the entire stadium before halftime one game a year or two ago?

ETA:  YEP, it was LSU fans and they drank the stadium dry before KICKOFF!!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/reports-lsu-fans-drink-rose-bowl-dry-of-beer-before-kickoff/
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol does it’s surprise anyone that it’s Nebraska.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They come and stay for the game...
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There is zero (0) chance that LSU is not number one on that list.  Those coon asses don't fuck around.
View Quote
I think Miami has had drunk people fall to their deaths during games.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#37]

I guess we know they can't hyperlink.

Fixed for you.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Harvard of the South
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harvard of the South

Most of those rankings are in the hundreds . Looks like cccf can finally compete against a school in something.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fans at Camp Randall enter the chat
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I figured it would be where it's cold topping the list...and I was right.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Did someone mention drinking?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was waiting for the pepper spray to come out.
View Quote
SEC Shorts might pepper spray Hope. I going to shoot that bitch.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif
View Quote

Alcohol abuse is slightly different than drinking
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No surprise Kansas is near the top.

You have to be shitfaced to watch that team play.....
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No surprise Kansas is near the top.

You have to be shitfaced to watch that team play.....
View Quote

Unless they were playing Texas or Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif
View Quote

Shit, if they only knew how much bourbon has been smuggled into Protective Stadium already.

I think @BamaBushmaster and I killed an unopened bottle of Buffalo Trace one game. There’s more than 3 drinks each in the bottle.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is my surprised face.....
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely a rough year.

Crazy those 9 losses were all by 8 points or less. 5 of those losses were to teams that ended up ranked #17 or higher so that’s a big boy schedule and no one blew them out.

As crazy as this may sound, Nebraska isn’t a bad football team. They just need to learn to win.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Definitely a rough year.

Crazy those 9 losses were all by 8 points or less. 5 of those losses were to teams that ended up ranked #17 or higher so that’s a big boy schedule and no one blew them out.

As crazy as this may sound, Nebraska isn’t a bad football team. They just need to learn to win.
View Quote

I read that they had the toughest schedule of all FBS teams this year. You are correct, they need to learn how to win.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Definitely a rough year.

View Quote

Transfer Portal may help them next year.
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top