BCM
User Panel

Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Definitely a rough year.

Crazy those 9 losses were all by 8 points or less. 5 of those losses were to teams that ended up ranked #17 or higher so that’s a big boy schedule and no one blew them out.

As crazy as this may sound, Nebraska isn’t a bad football team. They just need to learn to win.
View Quote

Still not as tough a schedule as bama
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Ol’ Jimbo is doing ok at recruiting this year….just snagged another top 5  DL recruit from FL that decommitted from OU.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ol’ Jimbo is doing ok at recruiting this year….just snagged another top 5  DL recruit from FL that decommitted from OU.
View Quote

2 more 5* pending commitment from in state programs as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Byu?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The top three classes this time around will be from the SEC
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

And both the #1 and #2 class this year is looking to be better than any prior #1 class as long as Rivals has been keeping track of recruiting ranks.  A&M having 2 more 5* recruits will shoot them past Georgia to #1 and Bama has 3 more 5* recruits that will get them close to #1 as well (it'll be close on #1/#2 there).  

The SEC just took a deep breath and inhaled all the talent in the country this year.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And both the #1 and #2 class this year is looking to be better than any prior #1 class as long as Rivals has been keeping track of recruiting ranks.  A&M having 2 more 5* recruits will shoot them past Georgia to #1 and Bama has 3 more 5* recruits that will get them close to #1 as well (it'll be close on #1/#2 there).  

The SEC just took a deep breath and inhaled all the talent in the country this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've read recruiting gurus say that there statistically isn't much difference between 1-3 ranked classes, and some wont be able to sign as many due to previous classes...............I know a couple of recruiting followers state Bama has a few silent ones, so I'd imagine it will be neck and neck till early signing day......lots of talent out there
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely a rough year.

Crazy those 9 losses were all by 8 points or less. 5 of those losses were to teams that ended up ranked #17 or higher so that’s a big boy schedule and no one blew them out.

As crazy as this may sound, Nebraska isn’t a bad football team. They just need to learn to win.

A quick glance at Sagarin which is legit has Bama at 7 and Nebraska at 3. That includes Bamas game vs Georgia.

Indiana was 1
Auburn was 2 so they had the hardest SEC schedule.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A quick glance at Sagarin which is legit has Bama at 7 and Nebraska at 3. That includes Bamas game vs Georgia.

Indiana was 1
View Quote

Poor Indiana.

Big Ten East plus Iowa with Cincy as an OOC game

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/texas-jeff-banks-girlfriend-lawsuit-monkey-incident

Texas coach Jeff Banks, girlfriend face lawsuit over alleged monkey biting incident
View Quote

You got to acknowledge that assistant coaches have a very short leash at UT this year given the team's performance.  I have to believe ALL of Jeff Banks' good will has been used up with the negative press he is getting here.  If the dude sneezes without covering his mouth he's likely fired on the spot going forward.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Might possibly have the #1 class on 247 by the time this is over. Currently #2 behind Georgia with 3 less recruits.
The 3 star OL guy Nabou they got today too is a monster. 6-4 330lbs. Seriously underrated. Had offers from Washington, USC, Michigan, Texas and others.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Poor Indiana.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indiana was 1

Poor Indiana.

Weren’t they projected to be pretty good this year?
I guess you never know. I heard today Michigan was not ranked preseason and this is the first time ever a non ranked team made the playoffs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Weren’t they projected to be pretty good this year?
I guess you never know. I heard today Michigan was not ranked preseason and this is the first time ever a non ranked team made the playoffs.
View Quote

They started the 5th string QB against Michigan
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Again
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You sound very heart broken about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee, that'd be a shame. How awful that would be.

You sound very heart broken about it.

That's been life at Wisconsin for years. Can't get a decent QB for anything. And Mertz was supposedly a 4-star, LOL.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#16]
SEC Roll Call - Championship Week
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:39:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Definitely a rough year.

As crazy as this may sound, Nebraska isn’t a bad football team. They just need to learn to win. bench Martinez
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely a rough year.

As crazy as this may sound, Nebraska isn’t a bad football team. They just need to learn to win. bench Martinez

FIFY

Looks like that is taking care of itself with him being in the portal.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

In before they recruit a Nick Martinez to be the next 4 year starter
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Again
View Quote

2021 the top three was split between SEC, B1G and Pac-12.  
2020 the top three was SEC and AAC.  
2019 was the last time that the SEC owned the top 3 spots.  
2018 was again SEC, B1G and Pac-12.
2017 was SEC and B1G.

That covers all the talent currently playing.  SEC always has a team recruit one of the top classes, but its rare that they take nearly all the talent from a given class.  This is one of the rare years.  Big-12 has not had a top 3 recruitment class in the current talent pool.  That shows in the on-field performance.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Byu?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Byu?

Diet coke is their sin/drink of choice I hear
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mormon housewives have been getting into meth pretty good in the last few years.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mormon housewives have been getting into meth pretty good in the last few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not very mormon if they are doing hard drugs.  Of the mormons I know most practice but the "sinners" drink diet coke or an occasional glass of wine
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#24]
https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/abbott-burrows-hope-to-create-new-1b-endowment-for-tech/

1B state endowment to help TTU get AAU status among other things.  They really don't want us to have access to the PUF
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

2021 the top three was split between SEC, B1G and Pac-12.  
2020 the top three was SEC and AAC.  
2019 was the last time that the SEC owned the top 3 spots.  
2018 was again SEC, B1G and Pac-12.
2017 was SEC and B1G.

That covers all the talent currently playing.  SEC always has a team recruit one of the top classes, but its rare that they take nearly all the talent from a given class.  This is one of the rare years.  Big-12 has not had a top 3 recruitment class in the current talent pool.  That shows in the on-field performance.  
View Quote

What site are you pulling that from?
The 3 most popular are Rivals, ESPN and 247. I reference 247. Texas had the #3 class in 2018 and 2019 on 247.
Where were they on whatever site you’re using for those 2 years?

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What site are you pulling that from?
The 3 most popular are Rivals, ESPN and 247. I reference 247. Texas had the #3 class in 2018 and 2019 on 247.
Where were they on whatever site you’re using for those 2 years?

View Quote

I was looking at rivals
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They seem to recruiting a kid named Torres. Maybe they should rethink that?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#28]
OKC news reporting that both Ole Miss OC Jeff Lebby and Texas A&M S&C coach Jerry Schmidt are returning to Oklahoma

https://www.news9.com/story/61b019eb7549b50c51a33f9c/oklahoma-to-add-ole-miss-oc-jeff-lebby-former-sooner-strength-coach-jerry-schmidt-to-venables-staff

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Georgia has a few more in their pocket that haven’t signed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

OSU not even top 25? I don't believe it. Not surprised at Wisconsin and Minnesota being to 3 though.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, we won't have to worry about being soft anymore, so there is that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

OSU not even top 25? I don't believe it. Not surprised at Wisconsin and Minnesota being to 3 though.
View Quote

Shit when I was at tOSU I was too drunk to make it to the game and my dorm was adjacent to the stadium parking lot.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:31:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok, from bad to worse.

Those assholes at Ohio State figured out they need a defense in the Big 10, and rehired Jim Knowles from Oklahoma State. At least he's going to coach thru the Fiesta Bowl. Finally Oklahoma State's defense is really good, and poof, all gone.

Ok Gundy, what's your plan going forward? If anyone says Gary Patterson is available, I'm putting a curse on your household thru next year's bowl games........
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:12:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ok, from bad to worse.

Those assholes at Ohio State figured out they need a defense in the Big 10, and rehired Jim Knowles from Oklahoma State. At least he's going to coach thru the Fiesta Bowl. Finally Oklahoma State's defense is really good, and poof, all gone.

Ok Gundy, what's your plan going forward? If anyone says Gary Patterson is available, I'm putting a curse on your household thru next year's bowl games........
View Quote

Maybe y'all oughta treat your coaches better so they don't skip to the B1G big leagues.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Schmidt’s a good one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ok, from bad to worse.

View Quote

manny diaz and will muschamp are looking for work
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ok, from bad to worse.

View Quote

Tech just hired Tim Derhuter or however you spell it from Oregon, previously DC at A&M and HC at Fresno State

Just hoping to break a top 50 defense.... 2009 Hance/Meyers fired Leach/McNeil/Riley/and all we were 41st ranked defense
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Tech just hired Tim Derhuter or however you spell it from Oregon, previously DC at A&M and HC at Fresno State

Just hoping to break a top 50 defense.... 2009 Hance/Meyers fired Leach/McNeil/Riley/and all we were 41st ranked defense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, from bad to worse.

You really need better than just a top 50 if you ever want to win the Big12. Having to score 40+ points a game is a poor plan long term. And if you ever have playoff aspirations you probably want to be top 10. Get in the top 25 offensively and defensively and you’ll have a pretty damn good football team.

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You really need better than just a top 50 if you ever want to win the Big12. Having to score 40+ points a game is a poor plan long term. And if you ever have playoff aspirations you probably want to be top 10. Get in the top 25 offensively and defensively and you’ll have a pretty damn good football team.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, from bad to worse.

Top 50 would be about 80 spots better than we've been, some years.  

Top 30/40 defense with a top 10 offense might be a thing with Zach Kittley coming in as OC.  He is a Kliff disciple and did a solid job at Houston Baptist and Western Kentucky.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

butt hurt flows deeper than the red river
View All Quotes

Okie state fans are having a lot of fun with it
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

butt hurt flows deeper than the red river
View Quote
lol, an aTm fan talking about butt hurt!

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Kirby shouldn’t be SEC coach of the year with the way he was completely out-coached last Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Dabo’s now lost both coordinators.  

Ruh-roh.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can appreciate the symbolic "F U Lincoln Riley" from the senator having been victimized similarly by Les Miles in the past.

I choke saying this, but I think OU made a damn fine hire with Venables. They've got someone that loves the university, is loyal (to a fault), and is a defense minded coach. That's been OU's Achilles heel lately, and Venables will fix that. OU has never had issues scoring, they just couldn't outscore everyone.

The biggest hurdle is replacing O line coach Bedenbaugh. This year being the exception, they've been really good there for a long time.
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top