BCM
User Panel

Page / 242
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep
No way a 2 loss USC makes it. And a 1 loss TCU is in jeopardy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that the year OSU absolutely destroyed Wisconsin in the Big 10 game?  What killed TCU that season is the other teams were able to play-in to the post season...meaning, they were able to beat good teams to sneak into the CFP.  TCU ended the season with a win against a 9-loss Iowa, whereas Baylor beat a 2-loss (9th ranked at the time) K State.  If we've seen any consistency in the committee over the years, they have very short memories when it comes to wins (and losses)...it's always been what have you done lately.

LOl, what really sucks now if you are a TCU fan, TCU finally has its first realistic chance to get into the CFP...and the only thing potentially holding them back is the Big 12 championship game.  Lose, with a USC win, and Ohio State may slip in the #4 spot.  It's almost a no-win situation.  Their only hope if they lose is to make sure it's close...K State wins by more than two scores, and who knows. Of course, there is always the potential if both TCU and USC lose, TCU would drop no lower than 4th, with Ohio State jumping to 3rd....and that doesn't even consider if Georgia or Michigan drops an egg.  Now that I am going to the game Saturday, there's a very good chance Georgia decides to take the day off...who knows.

I think a one loss TCU gets in ahead of a one loss tOSU.  If USC loses, Buckeyes are back.

But you’re not on the committee….

Of course not, none of us are.

That's why "I think..."

What do you think?

Right or wrong, TCU historically doesn’t have a huge fanbase that buys tickets or makes a dent in the TV market. OSU does.  Honestly, between the two teams, OSU I think is the better team head to head and makes a better playoff team. I believe TCU has to win to stay in the mix.  USC as a blue blood is eye candy to bowl committees, but they’ve been down for a few years and they need to win to safely make it in.  This, imo, is from many years of seeing how things work in this sport.

Yep

Sucks the two CFP contenders with the toughest SOS get less margin than those who played weak sauce schedules
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sucks the two CFP contenders with the toughest SOS get less margin than those who played weak sauce schedules
View Quote

Blue bloods > game results
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Bob hasn’t hit the road yet…….. soon, very soon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tom Herman to FAU

Clapping mack brown is the only coach to land a decent job after being shitcanned from uT

guess saban doesnt want to bring him in as OC under the Saban Rehab Program

Bob hasn’t hit the road yet…….. soon, very soon

is he waiting until sunday so they know bama is officially out of the playoff?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#4]

well what do you know? the pac actually can schedule a game worth watching at a decent time. surprised they didnt make it 10:30 eastern

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

USC is gonna be pretty upset they aren't getting the blue blood pass those sweater puppies seem pretty blue bloody
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

USC is not a "blue blood"?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are, but they’ve under performed over the past few years.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Recent success > Current season results too apparently
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that the year OSU absolutely destroyed Wisconsin in the Big 10 game?  What killed TCU that season is the other teams were able to play-in to the post season...meaning, they were able to beat good teams to sneak into the CFP.  TCU ended the season with a win against a 9-loss Iowa, whereas Baylor beat a 2-loss (9th ranked at the time) K State.  If we've seen any consistency in the committee over the years, they have very short memories when it comes to wins (and losses)...it's always been what have you done lately.

LOl, what really sucks now if you are a TCU fan, TCU finally has its first realistic chance to get into the CFP...and the only thing potentially holding them back is the Big 12 championship game.  Lose, with a USC win, and Ohio State may slip in the #4 spot.  It's almost a no-win situation.  Their only hope if they lose is to make sure it's close...K State wins by more than two scores, and who knows. Of course, there is always the potential if both TCU and USC lose, TCU would drop no lower than 4th, with Ohio State jumping to 3rd....and that doesn't even consider if Georgia or Michigan drops an egg.  Now that I am going to the game Saturday, there's a very good chance Georgia decides to take the day off...who knows.

I think a one loss TCU gets in ahead of a one loss tOSU.  If USC loses, Buckeyes are back.

I could see TCU with a close loss getting in.

I don’t think they get in if K state wins by 10+
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why "I think..."

What do you think?

Right or wrong, TCU historically doesn’t have a huge fanbase that buys tickets or makes a dent in the TV market. OSU does.  Honestly, between the two teams, OSU I think is the better team head to head and makes a better playoff team. I believe TCU has to win to stay in the mix.  USC as a blue blood is eye candy to bowl committees, but they’ve been down for a few years and they need to win to safely make it in.  This, imo, is from many years of seeing how things work in this sport.

Yep

TCUs sos will be a positive if they do lose and the committee gets in that discussion. TCU is at 21 on Sagarin.

USCs sos wasn’t that great at 46.

As a comparison of the 2 teams looking in, OSU is weak at 44. Bama is at 28.

TCU and USC are in control of their own destiny. Neither get bumped with a win. But Utah and K-State are not easy outs.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Jon make NFL QB money for many years.

Maybe a life of leisure gave a bit too much free time to get hooked on self-destructive elements.

Just speculation but we all have seen that happen before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, I'd hate to be in Jalen Kitna's shoes

It's a shame.

I know Jon Kitna and his wife.  We all went to school together.  Religious people.

I remember when Jalen was born.  What a shame, but fuck CP and anyone associated with it.

Yeah, it makes you wonder where the kid went off the rails to get involved in something like that

Maybe a life of leisure gave a bit too much free time to get hooked on self-destructive elements.

Was reading a few different articles about him, sounds like he shared child sex abuse images on Discord.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

TCUs sos will be a positive if they do lose and the committee gets in that discussion. TCU is at 21 on Sagarin.

TCU and USC are in control of their own destiny. Neither get bumped with a win. But Utah and K-State are not easy outs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why "I think..."

What do you think?

Yep

Utah and K State are obviously the toughest teams in CCG's this weekend as well....

Nobody is talking about UGA or UM getting tossed if they lose their CCG, against lesser competition but the speculation about TCU and USC is endless

ETA:  Bama at 28?  Only current ranked win is against #24 Miss State
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it, but this does seem to factor in.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think history will look back at 4 team CFP as a shenanigan filled shitshow of committee decisions.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A close loss might not hurt them, but I’d put money on two scores dropping them out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

i have a hard time agreeing that OSU's sos is anywhere near USC's, and neither are close to TCU's

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A close loss might not hurt them, but I’d put money on two scores dropping them out.
View Quote

Losing CCG game by 2 scores should keep any team out but that ship sailed too
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Utah and K State are obviously the toughest teams in CCG's this weekend as well....

Nobody is talking about UGA or UM getting tossed if they lose their CCG, against lesser competition but the speculation about TCU and USC is endless

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why "I think..."

What do you think?

Yep

I think UGA and Michigan are set.  I doubt either will lose and if one does it probably won’t be by much.  That said, the game’s played on the field and not on paper.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One could also make the argument that Utah is better if they beat them again. 2 losses to the same team and I’m thinking the other team is better.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

One could also make the argument that Utah is better if they beat them again. 2 losses to the same team and I’m thinking the other team is better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With Utah it'd be a big time and valid argument.  Honestly they've been a very good program in recent history
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why "I think..."

What do you think?

Yep

That’s because Georgia and Michigan aren’t playing who they should be. Tennessee and OSU should be their opponents. Those games would be getting attention. Hence the format difference in how cc opponents are determined and the quality of the games.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think UGA and Michigan are set.  I doubt either will lose and if one does it probably won’t be by much.  That said, the game’s played on the field and not on paper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why "I think..."

What do you think?

Yep

The gripe is 2 12-0 teams are "set" and the other 12-0 team is questionable.... the one with the best SOS, and facing the highest ranked opponent who they've already played this season
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think history will look back at 4 team CFP as a shenanigan filled shitshow of committee decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s opinion based. That’s another reason the 12 team playoff will be better. At least it has some predetermined criteria to qualify and seed. Not all but some.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

i have a hard time agreeing that OSU's sos is anywhere near USC's, and neither are close to TCU's

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t know exactly how it’s calculated but Sagarin is considered legit. It’s darn sure no Colley Matrix.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It’s opinion based. That’s another reason the 12 team playoff will be better. At least it has some predetermined criteria to qualify and seed. Not all but some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

12 team is going to be way better, at least it should be but these folks could fuck up a sure thing.  Shoulda started with an 8 or 16 team playoff from the git go, but power that be don't like change
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The gripe is 2 12-0 teams are "set" and the other 12-0 team is questionable.... the one with the best SOS, and facing the highest ranked opponent who they've already played this season
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why "I think..."

What do you think?

Yep

Bingo
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bingo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why "I think..."

What do you think?

Yep

Bingo

TCU is gonna be claiming natties in 2014 and 2022 sooner or later
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don’t know exactly how it’s calculated but Sagarin is considered legit. It’s darn sure no Colley Matrix.

View Quote

Sagarin algorithm is good
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:It was actually a dig at our resident Tarheel fan who has quite the disdain for Duke.
View Quote
Everyone should have disdain for (fuck) dooke.
And for MW folks Minnesota as well.
This is the way.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Right or wrong, TCU historically doesn’t have a huge fanbase that buys tickets or makes a dent in the TV market. OSU does.
View Quote

Its clown-shoes for any of this to even remotely matter in a CFP selection.

That’s because Georgia and Michigan aren’t playing who they should be. Tennessee and OSU should be their opponents.
View Quote

Tennessee had their SEC Championship game back on Nov 5th, and OSU just had theirs last weekend.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Tennessee had their SEC Championship game back on Nov 5th, and OSU just had theirs last weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Right or wrong, TCU historically doesn’t have a huge fanbase that buys tickets or makes a dent in the TV market. OSU does.

That’s because Georgia and Michigan aren’t playing who they should be. Tennessee and OSU should be their opponents.

Then why is Utah playing USC again? And why are K-State and TCU playing again?

Hint: because they are the best 2 teams in those conferences.
LOL at Purdue being better than OSU and 10-2 Tennessee beat 9-3 LSU.

Perdue and LSU are being “rewarded” due to where they are located geographically.

Why is it so important to send the best teams to the playoffs and not the conference championships?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Perdue and LSU are being “rewarded” due to where they are located geographically.

Why is it so important to send the best teams to the playoffs and not the conference championships?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For Michigan its called a near-bye week
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

So would be playing OSU again
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where'd this confidence come from?  didn't ya'll lose like 120 straight?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meth and NIL money
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Meth and NIL money
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meth and NIL money

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 in a row has really raised your level of confidence.
I’ll be waiting for your melt when Purdue spanks Michigan tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and that's how OSU gets in
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The internet shitstorm that would create would be epic.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Harbaugh losing to an unranked opponent on the road as a heavy favorite?

Unpossible

And leave his ass in Indy so he can scrounge for the Colts jobs and be rejected
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's what the committee was attempting annually I wouldn't be surprised
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ve had the wrong 2. It’s going to be TCU, USC, OSU and Bama.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

UGA has lost the CCG and made the playoffs .... like literally a year ago
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Was reading a few different articles about him, sounds like he shared child sex abuse images on Discord.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a shame.

I know Jon Kitna and his wife.  We all went to school together.  Religious people.

I remember when Jalen was born.  What a shame, but fuck CP and anyone associated with it.

Yeah, it makes you wonder where the kid went off the rails to get involved in something like that

Does anything good happen on Discord?

I mean, I know some people use it for normal reasons but there is a lot of shit on there that keeps me far, far away.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I mean, I know some people use it for normal reasons but there is a lot of shit on there that keeps me far, far away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a shame.

Just a version of mIRC such things... chat rooms for nerdy mcnerd nerds
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Utah is not the second place team in the Pac12.

10-2 > 9-3

USC would be ranked higher than TCU if they played and beat UW and Oregon.

This is what happens when you don't have divisions nor have teams play full conference schedules.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way in hell.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a shame.

Buncha preverts

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

10-2 > 9-3

This is what happens when you don't have divisions nor have teams play full conference schedules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-2 > 9-3

While I'm sure they would, bet TCU would still have stronger SOS ... only top 4 team in the top 25 of SOS
Page / 242
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top