Page / 22
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that is sicking

I bet they won't prosecute him either.

View Quote

holder, the foreigner, and the folks left in charge in the army?

I doubt they will also.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
ma's kind of hot, I wonder how she got outside with no burka?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

does anybody else see this as only another smoke screen for the foreigner?

to watch the idiot on tv you would think he rescued the deserter his own self

we don't leave any Americans behind, ha

how about benghazi ass wipe?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barack Obama: Earning his Nobel Peace Prize every day!!!

This is a smoke screen for FBHO.  He needed a distraction and a "good deed" given the issues with the VA lately.  His flight into AFG on Memorial day did not do what he thought it would do.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fuck that piece of shit and his traitorous son!

Many good men died looking for that traitor, and now he comes home to fucking fanfare?
View All Quotes

He's going to have fucking hero's welcome...parades and all.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is a smoke screen for FBHO.  He needed a distraction and a "good deed" given the issues with the VA lately.  His flight into AFG on Memorial day did not do what he thought it would do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he also got a very cool reception at West Point

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Edited : What the fuck , I didnt even have this thread open

Fuck Bergdahl
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#9]

If this is true, he better face a court martial and get sent to the stockade for desertion
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Deserting? From that guy's story, it sounded like he was switching sides. Wtf.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VA scandal-

how obama has tried to fix it-

-photo op with military in afg
-photo op handing out challenge coins
-secure release of pow that was previously ignored
-renewed focus on afg drawdown/surrender
-westpoint speech

Next thing you know he'll be golfing in camo

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If it was so obvious that he deserted, why send anyone to look for him?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put the flags away, this coward deserves nothing but a quick trial and confinment for the rest of his life while contemplating the deaths of the fine men who were forced to search for him when he deserted.

Amen.

Or promote twice while in "captivity"?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Some points:
1. Like it or not, the war in Afghanistan is winding down. Prisoner swaps happen at the end of every war.
2. Even if he did desert, he should be tried by Court martial, and do his time, not rot in a cave forever, and remain a permanent MIA/POW
View Quote

He will be quickly discharged, quietly sent home and his POW medal sent to him by U.S. mail.

The Army's official story is he got lost on patrol and they promoted him twice. There's no way in hell  they can change their story now and court martial his ass without getting assraped by the public, Congress and the veteran's organizations.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put the flags away, this coward deserves nothing but a quick trial and confinment for the rest of his life while contemplating the deaths of the fine men who were forced to search for him when he deserted.

Amen.

One, hindsight is generally done with more info. Two, it's the government, brass not giving a fuck about guys on the ground and what they have to day is a tradition as old as government.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ma's kind of hot, I wonder how she got outside with no burka?
View Quote

You noticed that too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One, hindsight is generally done with more info. Two, it's the government, brass not giving a fuck about guys on the ground and what they have to day is a tradition as old as government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

Well in this instance, I think it likely fucked up any chance of prosecuting him.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Brainwash complete...

Release...
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
While I generally detest Rolling Stone, they did some excellent reporting on his willful desertion.  He had some nice things to say about America and the Army right before he deserted.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/americas-last-prisoner-of-war-20120607

Link left cold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
While I generally detest Rolling Stone, they did some excellent reporting on his willful desertion.  He had some nice things to say about America and the Army right before he deserted.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/americas-last-prisoner-of-war-20120607

Link left cold.

I am ashamed to even be american

this always pisses me off when i hear that or read somebody saying that

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well in this instance, I think it likely fucked up any chance of prosecuting him.
View Quote

Of course it did. He'll publicly be hailed as a hero, the people that say otherwise will be ignored or ridiculed, or shut up, and he'll fade into obscurity. Until his book and movie are done.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Of course it did. He'll publicly be hailed as a hero, the people that say otherwise will be ignored or ridiculed, or shut up, and he'll fade into obscurity. Until his book and movie are done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or worse...he blows up some Americans....

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he's been converted that far, I'd think his people would rather have him talking than bombing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Today, in my church, where they have been praying for his release for the last couple of years, the Minister actually said "We thank him for his service."

My family and I got up and walked out.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Today, in my church, where they have been praying for his release for the last couple of years, the Minister actually said "We thank him for his service."

My family and I got up and walked out.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#24]

WTF?  I wonder if his dad was a loon before all this happened and that's why his son became what he became.  Or if his father converted and became brainwashed by proxy with what was happening with his son.  I'm guessing a mix of both.  I wonder how much contact they had with each other via email, twitter, etc.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If he's been converted that far, I'd think his people would rather have him talking than bombing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make no Mistake....Bergdahl might not have many public appearances. Here's what I'm inclined to think:

There's at least one platoon's worth of guys that are pretty fucking pissed with him. As a 20+ year Combat Vet, and Retired Infantryman, I can tell you, we have a hierarchy of dedication, devotion and bond of trust that is directly proportionate as you move up the Table of Organization. Teams are tighter than Squads, Squadmates over guys in the Platoon, ect.
 To violate that trust, to take specific actions that are clearly prejudiced against the good of the order, the reprisal can often be magnified, and exceedingly disproportional.

Bottom line- Will BB get smoked by a pissed off former squaddie? Maybe...maybe not. He WAS a backfill IIRC, NOT Airborne Qualified, and a late ship. He never meshed in real tight with his peers from all accounts, so it's hard to say what level of animosity is out there.
IF BB and his Daddy are, who I suspect they are in terms of religion, politics and general opinion, well......Insh'Allah Motherfuckers. Reap what you sow, it'll catch up with you 'cause karma, she be one bad bitch.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He will be quickly discharged, quietly sent home and his POW medal sent to him by U.S. mail.

The Army's official story is he got lost on patrol and they promoted him twice. There's no way in hell  they can change their story now and court martial his ass without getting assraped by the public, Congress and the veteran's organizations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some points:
1. Like it or not, the war in Afghanistan is winding down. Prisoner swaps happen at the end of every war.
2. Even if he did desert, he should be tried by Court martial, and do his time, not rot in a cave forever, and remain a permanent MIA/POW

Bullshit.  Remember how Pat Tillman's death was handled?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some points:

you mean the friendly fire cover-up?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Brainwash complete...

Release...
View Quote

+1. I would be watching him very closely for the next few years.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#29]

I wouldn't put it past the deserter one bit to have planned his own capture
just to be used as a pawn to release Gitmo terrorists.

But it backfired
for a few years because one look into his family background and the
scheme became obvious to officials.

Just my own cynical realism talking
here though.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If we were releasing them as fast as we can, they would have been gone by February 2009.  This is just one more thing Obama doesn't care about, unless he can get some political advantage at home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't fucking matter.  We're releasing them as fast as we can in a effort to shut down Gitmo any away...

If we were releasing them as fast as we can, they would have been gone by February 2009.  This is just one more thing Obama doesn't care about, unless he can get some political advantage at home.
Yep,

This has been in the works for a while, this exchange.

Lets see, VA scandal, Shitsucki resigns on a weekend after Memorial Day...

Administration needs something to distract from VA and get some points.

So fast track the exchange for a piece of shit.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#31]
So if he's a "POW," then we need to treat the terrorists in Gitmo like enemy combatants rather than criminals.  This SHOULD put an end to the debate over "prosecuting" Gitmo detainees in a court of law.

Ironic, that the US didn't want to designate Boko Haram for fear of "elevating their status," and here we are raising the Taliban to the level of a sovereign nation.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I wouldn't put it past the deserter one bit to have planned his own capture just to be used as a pawn to release Gitmo terrorists.

But it backfired for a few years because one look into his family background and the scheme became obvious to officials.

Just my own cynical realism talking here though.

View Quote

Well, it seems plausible to me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#33]
The more I learn about this the more pissed I get.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#34]
He should be tried as a traitor and shot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yep,

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep,

yup.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I've yet to see a single Soldier, Sailor, Marine, or Airman that deployed have a single good word to say about him, here or anywhere else. When NONE of your peers are defending you, you might be having a bad time of it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So if he's a "POW," then we need to treat the terrorists in Gitmo like enemy combatants rather than criminals.  This SHOULD put an end to the debate over "prosecuting" Gitmo detainees in a court of law.

Ironic, that the US didn't want to designate Boko Haram for fear of "elevating their status," and here we are raising the Taliban to the level of a sovereign nation.
View Quote
That was what I was thinking.  The 0 Admin may have opened pandora's box with this one, especially since they bypassed Congress on this.

Admin claimed "medical necessity" but then sends out release saying he is Well and Walking...

GRRRRRR

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've yet to see a single Soldier, Sailor, Marine, or Airman that deployed have a single good word to say about him, here or anywhere else. When NONE of your peers are defending you, you might be having a bad time of it.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Logic bomb.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I seem to recall in the book 'No Easy Day' the author wrote about an assault on a compound his team conducted in search of Bergdahl based on intel received of his location.

He wasn't found at the location, but the team leader was hit by a PKM in the leg, which put the author in charge of the team.

In the book he talked about how the Dept. of State still had not classified the Haqqani network as a terrorist organization. (Didn't happen until 2012.)

We know of the soldiers lost from his unit searching for him, I wonder how many others were lost or wounded trying to find him?

Meanwhile, in mid 2013 the NYT outlined the 5 Taliban leaders released. 2 are wanted by the UN for war crimes because they killed thousands of Shiite's. Another was trying to work with Iran to secure weapons to fight the US in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Kid's a traitor and needs to be prosecuted for treason.
Kid's dad is an anti American douche who should  go live where his goat raping heroes live.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Pipe down. The professionals are in charge. There will be a hashtag for this and it will all be fixed.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#43]
word on the street from other articles are leadership in organizations is that Bowe was teaching the Taliban members tricks with explosives and countermeasures. one mentioned cell phone manipulation into a IED remote.

a lot more men than thought of could have been killed or injured due to his accomplishments.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#44]
And the crimes and misdemeanors of the Obama administration continue piling up.

I can smell the shit pile from my house.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Fifty bucks says we'll see the following under a DNC banner in 2016...

"Vote Bowe Bergdahl, Veteran, for Congress."
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

good point. I didn't even think about that. that is a total POW exchange.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the script, right from Showtime.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't surprise me. The left will laud him as a hero.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Just figured I'd randomly write that this shithead needs to be a fucking corpse.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#50]
May 28...his dad retweets a celebratory tweet by "Ahmad Khan" about killing Americans in Herat....

Very pro-American. I know everyone here does such things, right? Pretty normal, average American activity right there....
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top