Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a chin strap when I first started using nasal pillows with a CPAP.  Breathing through your nose while sleeping becomes natural after awhile.  Prevents waking up in the middle of the night with your throat on fire too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Drink more water during the day. (I try to drink a gallon)

And then stick your tongue to the roof of your mouth.

Worked for me....50 years of mostly breathing thru my mouth....i now(6 years) I am a nose breather. One day i got gaggy and then everything "flipped "

Water and nose breathing fixed all kinds of stuff.

I don't get sinus infections anymore or get stuffy or allergies or...the list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Snoring with mouth closed

Snoring is produced by collapse of soft tissues in the back of the throat. Taping one's lips shut has no effect on this.  There are appliances which fit in the mouth that can keep the jaw forward in an attempt to open the airway.  It works for some people.  CPAP works by forcing the airway to remain open, hence the name Continuous Positive Air Pressure.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Rank internet idiocy of the first water.

good way to kill yourself at the worst.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Its actually a thing and theres decent science behind it
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
And OP’s idea of a dance party:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys make fun all you want. It’s worked great for me. Sleep straight through the night without waking myself up every 5 minutes from snoring.

I have a trimmed beard and just buy medical tape. Works fine and is cheap.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do Breathe Right strips do anything for you?  They work great for me. My sinuses are otherwise usually closed up. I do use Navage from time to time.
View Quote

I recently started using Breathe Right Nasal Strips and it made a HUGE difference for me.  I can feel the difference as soon as I put it on, and it fades over a hour after taking it off in the AM.   I don't know if I still mouth breathe at night, but for me its like removing a serious restrictor plate on an intake.  I have a noticeable lowering of my blood pressure, too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How will you get your recommended dose of spiders?
View Quote

Lmao
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I already don’t sleep with my mouth open and very rarely snore. I’m also a healthy body weight and pay attention to my health.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I recently started using Breathe Right Nasal Strips and it made a HUGE difference for me.  I can feel the difference as soon as I put it on, and it fades over a hour after taking it off in the AM.   I don't know if I still mouth breathe at night, but for me its like removing a serious restrictor plate on an intake.  I have a noticeable lowering of my blood pressure, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do Breathe Right strips do anything for you?  They work great for me. My sinuses are otherwise usually closed up. I do use Navage from time to time.

Nice. I love them.  Buy them at Costco and save a ton of money. They absolutely make it easier to breathe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you train yourself to nose breathe during the day, eventually you will do it at night too.
View Quote

This.

As a young man I did this so I could stop being a mouth breathing hillbilly. No joke.

It worked, but it takes discipline.

Now when I'm sick I also feel like a failure

????
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking back, I would have been wise to tape mine shut while awake many times.
Many.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I used elastic from a sewing store and some safety pins to make a strap to hold my jaw closed while I slept. Always meant to sew it together, never did get around to it.
Was having problems with my jaw partially dislocating during the night, then having to work it back into place in the morning so I could eat breakfast. Finally healed up so it would stay in place during the night. Now I have to wear a CPAP mask, which I'm still not used to, still feel like I'm going to suffocate the first couple of minutes after I put it on. But at least I'm not  a walking zombie anymore from lack of oxygen while I sleep.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top