Oh the irony.
View Quote
This?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully he will be exonerated.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:36:25 AM EDT
[#3]
No you can't protect your property with deadly force in MN, but given the looters/Rioters are burning the businesses down after they loot them in seems to be a pretty good case for self defense.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:57:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You Loot, We Shoot!
View Quote

That is the policy in Texas.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That seems unreasonable under the circumstances.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That seems unreasonable under the circumstances.

What do you expect from a leftist city? They expect you to just submit to the crowd and hope they don't kill you
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:59:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:01:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don’t get it.

Why in the hell would  I risk my own freedom by fending off hoards of savages to protect the inventory of my business?  Didn’t this guy have insurance?  Shooting one of these animals, and then having to deal with the inevitable shitstorm that would follow.........just to save money for Statefarm?  Doesn’t make any sense to me.  Am I missing something here ?  

Is looting and rioting an exclusion insurance companies use to fuck busy owners ?  Would the business owners loses be covered ?
View Quote

It's not unrealistic to think that he was in fear of his life in that atmosphere with a crowd of rioting arsonists.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yup. Imagine seeing this and STILL not concluding that cops are the biggest threat to freedom imaginable. Fuck those fucking cunts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A small business owner in his shop that has been abandoned to his own devices by the police defends his livelihood, his property, and his life during an out-of-control riot that's burning down the city around him (a riot that, by the way, was incited by the police publicly murdering a man).

HE gets arrested on the spot.

The murderer with a badge who publicly executed a man on video was free with a small army of cops protecting him for days.

It's fucking bullshit.

Yup. Imagine seeing this and STILL not concluding that cops are the biggest threat to freedom imaginable. Fuck those fucking cunts.

Don't forget they were also confiscating guns of legal permit holders.

Yes they're the biggest threat to liberty, not criminals.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:11:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even if he doesn't go to prison, just the financial cost of a legal defense will ruin him for the rest of his life.

He will lose his business, his house, his vehicle, his savings ...  Everything!

But a Looter will get a FREE Lawyer, courtesy of our Courts.  it costs him Nothing!
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Even if he doesn't go to prison, just the financial cost of a legal defense will ruin him for the rest of his life.

But a Looter will get a FREE Lawyer, courtesy of our Courts.  it costs him Nothing!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

99.9% of the looters will never need a lawyer.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Principals, and some men refuse to give an inch to the fucking savages.

Why in the hell wouldn't he risk it to protect all that he's worked hard for.  It's a beautiful shop.  

That's a damn good way to make sure evil always wins.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#12]
That poor shop owner lives in the wrong state to be exercising any self defense rights.

Down here, where I live, he would have  been fine.

For the life of me, I don't understand why any normal person puts up with blue state madness and continues to live there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No we didn't, idiots that vote for progressives and liberals allowed these laws to be passed for the good of all people.

We need a civil war to cleanse this country of these evil lawmakers that make criminals of good people who are trying to do the right thing, all while they pass laws giving the evil people, the law breakers, more freedoms and rights to attack the good people.

This incident really shines a light on how messed up that entire state has become, but what do you expect from a state that elects a Muslim immigrant that hates the US and married her own brother to skirt the immigration laws?
View Quote

We really need  alike button for posts like this.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Y'all do realize the people in charge of liberal MN HAD to charge this guy with murder right?

They can't have whitey killing black rioters. They can't let whitey use violence to defend his property, business, or self. That would set a dangerous precedent.

If whitey shot minority looters then their anarcho tyranny would fail. The riots would end if looters were afraid of being shot. The police would be unnecessary if citizens weren't scared of defending themselves.

Also, it would bolster the 2and amendment.

Better to have stores burned then allow a man to get away with shooting a looter. Because if he does, their control is diminished.
View Quote

I’m suddenly fine with the riot extending all the way to city hall. Fuck it. Let the whole city burn.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Seems like the pawn shop owners actions were consistant with the law.
View Quote

Anothwer problem in leftist jurisdiction.

The DA should not have even charged him with anything.. yet he charged him with murder (a higher charger than the cop who started this all got).
With the kind of judges and juries you can expect in Minneapolis it wont matter what the law says he is going to get convicvted and do hard time.

We have ceased to live in a nation of laws for some time now.. and those who are actively trying to fight this trend (DJT, Gen. Flynn, Roger Stine) get stonewalled or even jailed.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A small business owner in his shop that has been abandoned to his own devices by the police defends his livelihood, his property, and his life during an out-of-control riot that's burning down the city around him (a riot that, by the way, was incited by the police publicly murdering a man).

The murderer with a badge who publicly executed a man on video was free with a small army of cops protecting him for days.

It's fucking bullshit.
View Quote
Yep.
Gotta protect those criminals from the rest of us...... even while they are criming.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is going to get convicted and do maximum time because of how defective Hennepin County is.

And the Fudd's will try to explain it away in their minds to reduce their cognitive dissonance "well, its his own fault he shouldn't have done that.. that was going too far"
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#18]

It didn't take the cops 4 days to figure out if they should arrest him?? How bizarre!

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It didn't take the cops 4 days to figure out if they should arrest him?? How bizarre!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wonder if the police report on the looter's death is intentionally vague as was the police report on Floyd.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#20]
https://www.gofundme.com/f/john-rieple

@JRCmx
Want to put this in your first page , put in title?

Seems like supposed to ask mod?

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Rule 1, If you kill some one your going to jail.

Rule 2, if no one else is around to guard your place,  it will be looted and burned. The mob will make up all kinds of stories after the shooting, ranging from the store was owned by a Klansman to cannibalism. If they can make Trayvon a 12 year old boy and George Zimmerman a white Hispanic racist they can definitely make a pawn shop owner an alt right neo nazi.  

Other than family members no one is going to guard your property after a shooting. Its good to have family and close friends as America begins its slide.

If possible the police will disarm you and let your property be burned. Easier for them, better for the politicians they serve. Cameras will help deter criminal police action, but the politicians they serve will always confiscate the guns first and figure out the laws later. Have extra weapons, have guns you can get to when they steal your gun safe.

The cops are not your friends those days are long gone. Say nothing, to the police, while they wear body cams  they have a lot of practice at entrapping people into making statements. This may not help with a real criminal, but it works great on normal citizens caught up in the system. If even marginally injured demand to be taken to a hospital, it usually allows you to make a second phone call, delays the shock of capture, gives you time to think and documents any head injuries or other trauma incurred in the fight.  Have a lawyer, not after a riot or self defense shooting, go get one now or as soon as possible. Move out of democrat run cities. You are not wanted there, you are a source of tax revenue and  nothing more. You cant red pill or vote your way out of a demographic pit that is the democrat cities.

The pawn shop owner in question will be used as a public example and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by a government that has nearly unlimited resources.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As best I can remember the laws-
No. You can protect yourself/others if you are not able to flee, if in danger of grave bodily harm or death situation, ie- someone points a gun at you, you feel they are going to shoot and kill you so you can either try to flee, or if unable, then protect yourself and return fire. It's been a few years since I had my CC class which covers this and the laws, so I may be wrong slightly, but I think I am close to having it correct anyways. If I am wrong on this hopefully someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

IANAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you protect property with deadly force in MN?

As best I can remember the laws-
No. You can protect yourself/others if you are not able to flee, if in danger of grave bodily harm or death situation, ie- someone points a gun at you, you feel they are going to shoot and kill you so you can either try to flee, or if unable, then protect yourself and return fire. It's been a few years since I had my CC class which covers this and the laws, so I may be wrong slightly, but I think I am close to having it correct anyways. If I am wrong on this hopefully someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

IANAL

That is some stupid shit, you have to retreat out of your own house or business?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#23]
They are going to make him jump through the hoops whether they think he is guilty or not. Being able to articulate the jeopardy can be an art form.

Prosecutor: Why did you shoot this man?
Defendant: I was in fear for my life.
Prosecutor: what made you think you were in danger?
Defendant: Rioters were burning buildings wholesale with people inside including an apt. complex. It was reasonable that I was next.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They are going to make him jump through the hoops whether they think he is guilty or not. Being able to articulate the jeopardy can be an art form.

Prosecutor: Why did you shoot this man?
Defendant: I was in fear for my life.
Prosecutor: what made you think you were in danger?
Defendant: Rioters were burning buildings wholesale with people inside including an apt. complex. It was reasonable that I was next.
View Quote

Lol. If only today’s reality were that easy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#25]
The store owner was released on Monday. I've heard second hand that he had called the police earlier that night and was told he was on his own. After they arrested him that night, the shop was left to the looters.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Me/shop owner- "what dead guy"?
View Quote

As the looters always travel in packs, and they declared themselves to be upon moral high ground, they'll howl a most indignant sound for all to hear.

There'd be candles out front and dollar store teddy bears lining the sidewalk before sunrise if the cops hadn't showed up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Update:

The pawn shop owner has been released.  County attorney has deferred a charging decision.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/cadillac-pawn-owner-minneapolis-looting/

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They still get paid and don’t lose anything but what’s in their lockers if the station burns. Pawnshop guy isn’t that lucky, and would insurance have covered it if the place burned? I’m thinking no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fucking bullshit.

To be fair... the cops abandoned their police station and let rioters burn it down.  And the cops didn’t shoot anybody.

They still get paid and don’t lose anything but what’s in their lockers if the station burns. Pawnshop guy isn’t that lucky, and would insurance have covered it if the place burned? I’m thinking no.

edited...nevermind.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In Minnesota we must attempt retreat from the threat before responding with reasonable force.  If the pawn shop has more than one point of entry, he's probably fucked.  If lootie didn't have a gun, knife, hammer, etc., he's probably fucked.  In Minnesota, specifically in Minneapolis you're gonna get charged if you kill someone in defense of life or property.  The state attorney general is none other than Keith Ellison.  This white business owner will get the full attention of the attorney generals office.  Pawn shop owner is more than likely gonna do time.
View Quote

I wonder what he would do when his time is finished and gets out.  I have some thoughts that are a little dark.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would be surprised if you couldn't, especially in the confines of a dwelling or place of business.
Even CA has a pretty liberal (the good kind) version of what is kosher in times of civil unrest and/or to stop arson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you protect property with deadly force in MN?

I would be surprised if you couldn't, especially in the confines of a dwelling or place of business.
Even CA has a pretty liberal (the good kind) version of what is kosher in times of civil unrest and/or to stop arson.

In Florida you can.

Deadly Force: According to Florida law, a person can use or threaten to use deadly force to prevent the imminent commission of "forcible felonies"

776.08 Forcible felony.—“Forcible felony” means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#31]
"Minnesota’s “duty to retreat” law means a businessowner doesn’t have a right to defend their property with lethal force because it’s not their home. "

Bullshit
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top