Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/25/2023 8:35:54 PM EDT
I was at a moderately large gas station today. (The type with a walk in beer section) and the Bud folks were loading in product and so were the Coors folks. (Both trucks were there)

I asked the Bud guys if they had seen sales drop or if that was all bullshit. Understandably, they gave me a look of “I don’t want to deal with this shit anymore…”. And said “nope, we have not noticed anything.”  I thanked them and moved on. Outside I asked the Coors folks if they had seen a change and they were far more enthusiastic about it “oh hell yeah, we are selling a lot more all over town.”  

That’s my cool story bro for today. I did think it was interesting, and again, it was a hell of a rough look from the Bud guys when I asked. My guess is not only does everyone ask but some folks are probably real assholes to them.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have sympathy for the distributors and the rank & file BUD workers.  They are just trying to do a job.

BUD management, AB-InBev management, and shareholders?  I am enjoying my BUD short.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Working man delivery driver don't need screwed with.  
  Though they might be told to give that answer if asked.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to a minor league baseball game this past weekend.  We had a pavilion to ourselves with drink tickets.  Not a single Bud/Bud Light available.  Only beer in the cooler available to buy with tickets was Miller Lite.  You'd think they'd dump the Bud on corporate smucks out on a freebee game.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would they tell random people about their sales drops.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never seen one of those trucks have more than just the driver.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to a minor league baseball game this past weekend.  We had a pavilion to ourselves with drink tickets.  Not a single Bud/Bud Light available.  Only beer in the cooler available to buy with tickets was Miller Lite.  You'd think they'd dump the Bud on corporate smucks out on a freebee game.

View Quote

It probably has already been liquidated or sent back, and they're not buying more just to take another huge loss.

Make more money selling what people will actually buy.   Muhahaha.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Wally world yesterday I saw stacks of bud light in the cooler. others were nearly empty. Two stacks of Bud light and one had two cases gone off it. I assumed it is a marketing ploy to appear as if people are buying your shitty tasting, tranny fluid.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
all this Butt Lite makes 81 million votes more dubious
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
You really think the guy, who works for a 3rd party distributor, gives two shits about the politics of the brewery he is delivering to a random gas station? He has literally no affiliation. Also guys like you who randomly interject you opinions and beliefs into other people's lives who going about their business are fucking awful. "Hey I see you are getting that grape juice, did you know that was the same grape juice that guy who kidnapped those girls fed them!" Who fucking does shit like that.

ETA to clarify. Beer distribution legally has to go through a 3rd party. The guys you were talking to are not bud or coors employees.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]
If it’s like the soda and chip’s delivery drivers they technically have a “commission” sales job.  If so their paycheck is taking a brutal ass tearing anal prison rape.

Which I don’t get, since they aren’t standing outside the cooler pitching the product to customers as they walk by.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I love a good walk in beer cooler during summer in Texas.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why would they tell random people about their sales drops.
View Quote

They might not, and it appears they didnt

....but surely you have been around working folks before.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You really think the guy, who works for a 3rd party distributor, gives two shits about the politics of the brewery he is delivering to a random gas station? He has literally no affiliation. Also guys like you who randomly interject you opinions and beliefs into other people's lives who going about their business are fucking awful. "Hey I see you are getting that grape juice, did you know that was the same grape juice that guy who kidnapped those girls fed them!" Who fucking does shit like that.

ETA to clarify. Beer distribution legally has to go through a 3rd party. The guys you were talking to are not bud or coors employees.
View Quote

Lighten the fuck up. I didnt interject anything. I actually included, on purpose, an out in my casual question (or is it all bullshit?)  and then thanked them.  

....the Coors guys were damned happy to answer.

Shit is what it is.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They might not, and it appears they didnt

....but surely you have been around working folks before.
View Quote

It's a regional thing. On the west coast working people would actively ignore people unless they directly needed to interact.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
He absolutely does care. The distributor makes money on volume. Merchandisers and truck drivers bonus is based on volume. As is the salesman's.
Shelf cap is set by volume of sales as well. No sales = less shelf cap.
In short, you are speaking on a topic you know little about.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's a regional thing. On the west coast working people would actively ignore people unless they directly needed to interact.
View Quote

For what it is worth, everyone tries to actively ignore people on the west coast.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

For what it is worth, everyone tries to actively ignore people on the west coast.
View Quote

Right.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lighten the fuck up. I didnt interject anything. I actually included, on purpose, an out in my casual question (or is it all bullshit?)  and then thanked them.  

Shit is what it is.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit is what it is.

I'm quite light. My point is you, random 1 of 1000s customers at a gas station, decided today was the day to raise some social discord with this a random guy in the middle of a shift of unloading boxes in shitty gas stations. Then you thought so highly of that decision, you said to yourself, I should make a thread about this amazing defense of conservative values against this beer delivery man. Y'all are fucking weird.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#20]
When I started reading I thought for sure the Bud guy was going to say, “Hey, aren’t you the guy that played Olaf in Mutant Snow Sharks Attack Oslo?”
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm quite light. My point is you, random 1 of 1000s customers at a gas station, decided today was the day to raise some social discord with this a random guy in the middle of a shift of unloading boxes in shitty gas stations. Then you thought so highly of that decision, you said to yourself, I should make a thread about this amazing defense of conservative values against this beer delivery man. Y'all are fucking weird.
View Quote

You're reading a bit much into it. He said he just asked them about sales.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He absolutely does care. The distributor makes money on volume. Merchandisers and truck drivers bonus is based on volume. As is the salesman's.
View Quote

They will just swap contracts. My wife worked in that world for years, beer, energy drinks, soda, etc. They run trucks, not product.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't be suprised if BL guys have been specifically instructed upon pain of termination not to make negative comments to the public.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would a distributors truck driver know about sales? He would have been better off asking the clerk.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why would a distributors truck driver know about sales? He would have been better off asking the clerk.
View Quote

lol I know I already asked that. /shrug
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Much easier on the trans too.  Thank you for caring!
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You act like I attacked the guy.

You may not know this, but the man on the street has the pulse of such things. I like talking to such people. It has served me well.  Even if some people dont want to talk or are not telling the truth.

It is what it is.

I am not sure why you are the white knight for this issue but you do you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When I started reading I thought for sure the Bud guy was going to say, “Hey, aren’t you the guy that played Olaf in Mutant Snow Sharks Attack Oslo?”
View Quote

I wish....that guy is famous!

I literally had a "arent you so and so" moment today. Guy did not even know I was an actor. He has a family member that works for my wife.

Somedays you are the shit...somedays you are that little plastic bag picking it up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
He should care.

Or maybe the right should go back to silent disapproval. That's been working great lately.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you see him give his opinion to the Bud guy?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You act like I attacked the guy.

You may not know this, but the man on the street has the pulse of such things. I like talking to such people. It has served me well.  Even if some people dont want to talk or are not telling the truth.

It is what it is.

I am not sure why you are the white knight for this issue but you do you.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit is what it is.

Oh dude….reel it in.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit is what it is.

Eh ,I didn't take ops interaction with Delivery driver in bad taste.    
   Just polite conversation.   Probably better than they've been getting.  
  Hecklers and harassment isn't needed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#34]
I bet you have big-time sympathy for the rank and file FBI employees.

Quoted:
I have sympathy for the distributors and the rank & file BUD workers.  They are just trying to do a job.

BUD management, AB-InBev management, and shareholders?  I am enjoying my BUD short.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Can't even find Coors around here anymore. High Life and PBR are gone too. Had to switch to Mexican beers for now until I can find out when the Coors trucks show up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eh, it's kinda inferred when the beer you are delivering is in the middle of a company crushing controversy and some random guy starts peppering you with "so how are sales pal!" Fuck AB, but my point is why are there so many "omg you guys, I asked this bud light guy this!" Or "LOL I saw the guy guy buying bud light and spoke up" threads. The random people you meet in the world don't care who you are.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Eh, it's kinda inferred when the beer you are delivering is in the middle of a company crushing controversy and some random guy starts peppering you with "so how are sales pal!" Fuck AB, but my point is why are there so many "omg you guys, I asked this bud light guy this!" Or "LOL I saw the guy guy buying bud light and spoke up" threads. The random people you meet in the world don't care who you are.
View Quote

How about instead of over reacting so hard and rubbing everyone the wrong way, you state your experience "Hey, my wife has worked in that industry for years...." and then give us some wisdom from your POV.

You have an opportunity to teach folks something.  You chose to have a tantrum.

The ball is in your court now. you could change direction and probably get a better result than the method you first used.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was at a moderately large gas station today. (The type with a walk in beer section) and the Bud folks were loading in product and so were the Coors folks. (Both trucks were there)

I asked the Bud guys if they had seen sales drop or if that was all bullshit. Understandably, they gave me a look of “I don’t want to deal with this shit anymore…”. And said “nope, we have not noticed anything.”  I thanked them and moved on. Outside I asked the Coors folks if they had seen a change and they were far more enthusiastic about it “oh hell yeah, we are selling a lot more all over town.”  

That’s my cool story bro for today. I did think it was interesting, and again, it was a hell of a rough look from the Bud guys when I asked. My guess is not only does everyone ask but some folks are probably real assholes to them.

View Quote

Well Miller Coors wants to turn your “shit” bikini girl ads into “good shit”, so to hell with them too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

What kind of light, bud maybe?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They will just swap contracts. My wife worked in that world for years, beer, energy drinks, soda, etc. They run trucks, not product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beer distributors do not “swap products” and “run trucks, not products”. They aren’t magically paid to send trucks out every day to deliver, they make money slinging products out of those trucks. The distributors are independent franchise owners and Transheuser Bush has absolutely screwed these folks over.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How about instead of over reacting so hard and rubbing everyone the wrong way, you state your experience "Hey, my wife has worked in that industry for years...." and then give us some wisdom from your POV.

The ball is in your court now. you could change direction and probably get a better result than the method you first used.
View Quote

Sorry if I hit a nerve there. I fully explained you were not talking to a person with any substantial knowledge of what you were asking him, which was the sales impact of the tranny cans. It would be like asking the guy framing a house, "what do you think of these intrest rates?" 1 he doesn't care. 2. You are a random guy interjecting yourself while he in the middle of his job. Somehow you decided "Hey I should post this".
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#42]
It proves the Right are fucking retards when it comes to boycotts. So they switched form one woke brand to another lol. At least the Left knows its a culture war and goes scorched Earth on any and all things that challenge their ideology. The Left plays to win. I have to give em that. The Right? too lazy to even boycott properly. They just boycott one company yet go and give extra support to another that is just as woke.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sorry if I hit a nerve there. I fully explained you were not talking to a person with any substantial knowledge of what you were asking him, which was the sales impact of the tranny cans. It would be like asking the guy framing a house, "what do you think of these intrest rates?" 1 he doesn't care. 2. You are a random guy interjecting yourself while he in the middle of his job. Somehow you decided "Hey I should post this".
View Quote

YOU hit a nerve? Oh shit....really....you are going to stand on that?

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I totally know where you're coming from but maybe the guy just wanted to have a discussion. There's no need to come at everything combatively.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it’s not. It’s what you want to think.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#46]
So the guy driving an AB truck and wearing an AB shirt has no affiliation with AB?

Edit: and isn’t their stranglehold on the market due in part to their control of the distribution?

Serious question.  My wife isn’t/wasn’t in the industry, but I did watch Beer Wars so I feel like I’m just as much an expert.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

YOU hit a nerve? Oh shit....really....you are going to stand on that?

View Quote

Alright I give. Have at bud.
Light.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wouldnt the TD be the dude picking up the out of date product that didnt sell..?

imagine making room for that on the truck w/o dropping it off at another location..
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don’t think the guy who lifts, carts and stacks the product has a grasp on how sales are going on his route?!

He knows exactly how it is going. The delivery driver isn’t some robot, he knows if he’s lifting more or less product every day. He knows when he is finished on his route earlier than he used to be. He knows…
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#50]
It doesn’t help that Bud tastes like rice piss compared to Coors.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top