BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There's no way I'd buy a 4x4 with open diffs. You need some form of locker or LSD on the rear. For the Bronco, the 4.27 locking rear diff is a $795 option. If you're not going to go full Samsquanch, at least get that.

The other thing I'd say is, if you plan to get bigger wheels and tires and other stuff that comes with Samsquanch, it'll just be cheaper and easier to get the Samsquanch.

I also don't really view the 2.7 as an option you want to skip, and it's not all about the power. The 2.3 is an aluminum block inline 4 with direct injection only. The 2.7 in a compacted graphite iron block V6 with dual injection. That upgrade is ABSOLUTELY worth the money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is a base 4 dr with no options too basic and handicapped or is it still capable? what are must have options to get? i imagine there will be aftermarket parts , so you can just get all the options you want later.

There's no way I'd buy a 4x4 with open diffs. You need some form of locker or LSD on the rear. For the Bronco, the 4.27 locking rear diff is a $795 option. If you're not going to go full Samsquanch, at least get that.

The other thing I'd say is, if you plan to get bigger wheels and tires and other stuff that comes with Samsquanch, it'll just be cheaper and easier to get the Samsquanch.

I also don't really view the 2.7 as an option you want to skip, and it's not all about the power. The 2.3 is an aluminum block inline 4 with direct injection only. The 2.7 in a compacted graphite iron block V6 with dual injection. That upgrade is ABSOLUTELY worth the money.

That 2.7 is a tried and true motor.   Most of the squawks has been worked out of it.   Plus, it’ll be a screamer.   Mo Power, Mo bettuh.  .     For $2000 fBucks, it’s not even a question.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I priced one out like I'd buy.
$30.500
Base model, manual trans, smaller engine only option was roof sound insulation.

A couple of things that I'm not too keen on, Manual trans has about 2 too many gears. I have a car with manual trans now (6 speed) I only use 5 at the  most as is.
Turbo engine, more complications than I need or want, KISS applies.
4300lbs, thats serious pig territory for a 2 door 100 inch wheel base vehicle. I'm amazed at how heavy modern vehicles are compared to older stuff, especially when you consider all the light weight materials used. Bronco has Alum heads and block yet it weighs almost 1000 lbs more than larger vehicles with all iron blocks, heads built decades ago.
wish I could delete some of the stuff on it and save several grand but its what new cars have become.

I'll look into it again after 2 or 3 years after they have been out there for a while, not buying 1st year production stuff. My current ride ain't gonna last forever.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is a base 4 dr with no options too basic and handicapped or is it still capable? what are must have options to get? i imagine there will be aftermarket parts , so you can just get all the options you want later.

looks like you are required to get the samsquatch if you want the 4.27 locking differential
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah I don't think anyone's putting 33s on that little guy
View Quote

Ghetto guys putting 33s on a Chrysler...
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My worst fears have been confirmed

I am too poor to buy a Bronco

For now
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

looks like you are required to get the samsquatch if you want the 4.27 locking differential
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's only for the Base, all the others seem to be able to equip a rear locker without the Squatch.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

The diff is a key issue for me.   No way would I buy a 4x4 with open diffs either.   However, since I don't wheel hard (mall crawler/light trailer once in a blue moon) I prefer LSD over lockers.  Best of both worlds would like the 2006 (TJ) Rubicons, which had an LSD that could be locked.  

And no, traction control nanny crap is not a good substitute for a physical LSD IMO.   At least give me LSD in the rear and a locker up front as an option.  I could work with that.

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Samsquanch comes with 4.7 gearing.

The 4.27 is an in-betweener.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would you happen to know ring gear size on the front?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you compare MSRP to MSRP, I'm pretty sure that's something like a F-150 STX.
View Quote
Agreed.  But you don't pay MSRP for F150's.  You'll pay MSRP on these though.  For a while anyway.

Still cool though.  I hope they sell well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea.

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope they build a million of them so I can get a lightly used one in a few years and thrash the hell out of it.

Base + Sasquatch + 2.7L looks perfect to me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#13]
They look cool but Im gonna need some test data before I pull the trigger on one.

I want to see one with 40k miles on it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I misunderstanding their site, or is it not possible to get a base model with a manual transmission and locking diff? Because that seems retarded.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Am I misunderstanding their site, or is it not possible to get a base model with a manual transmission and locking diff? Because that seems retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No locker or Sasquatch with manual
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm up to about $55,000 to get close t what I want...  

Looks like I will be keeping the Wrangler a bit longer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Needs moar 5.0 MasterRace option.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Needs moar 5.0 MasterRace option.
View Quote

Said nobody who owns a current-gen 5-liter.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you compare MSRP to MSRP, I'm pretty sure that's something like a F-150 STX.
View Quote

2019 STX owner, bought new. Can confirm.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just played around with it, the Wildtrak with a few desirable options MSRP came up to $54K. That is too much for what it is IMO.
View Quote

Good price for a LR Defender.

TC
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There should be a Dennis Dillon type deal soon. $7-9K off MSRP like they do with Jeeps and everything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go through Granger for a $1000 off MSRP

There should be a Dennis Dillon type deal soon. $7-9K off MSRP like they do with Jeeps and everything else.

Book marked Dennis Dillon...wife just said "Road Trip"...
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

About a week ago they announced you could get Sasquatch with manual transmission in the smaller engine configuration.
Speculated on bronco6g that this info has not yet made it into the Build & Price system yet?...
That should give you the 4.27 locking diff right?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No idea.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea.

According to the interwebs the name of the differential is the ring gear size in mm.  So the M190 has a ~7.5" ring gear, the M210 has a ~8.25" ring gear, and the M220 has a 8.66 ring gear.

ETA: The more I think about it the more pissed off I get that Race Red isn't available on the Base
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like it has a chromosome issue.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Does it, though?  The Base Bronco and the Rubicon both come with cloth seats, power windows/mirrors, AC, cruise control, keyless entry with push-button start, and big touch-screen radios with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The flip side, though, is that the Rubicon isn't a base model vehicle. It has a lot of toys the base model Bronco won't.

Does it, though?  The Base Bronco and the Rubicon both come with cloth seats, power windows/mirrors, AC, cruise control, keyless entry with push-button start, and big touch-screen radios with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.

That is really all I want in a vehicle, the STX package is about perfect for me.  Only thing we had Ford add was remote start and the dealer only charged 100 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

According to the interwebs the name of the differential is the ring gear size in mm.  So the M190 has a ~7.5" ring gear, the M210 has a ~8.25" ring gear, and the M220 has a 8.66 ring gear.

ETA: The more I think about it the more pissed off I get that Race Red isn't available on the Base
View Quote

Which one is on the new Bronco?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I'm reading it right the Non-Squatch has the M190 front, Squatch has the M210 front, and they both have the M220 rear.  The Rubicon also has the M210/M220 combo, although the front is a solid-axle version.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If I'm reading it right the Non-Squatch has the M190 front, Squatch has the M210 front, and they both have the M220 rear.  The Rubicon also has the M210/M220 combo, although the front is a solid-axle version.
View Quote

Interesting. Same as Rubicon axles. Not something I would trust 37s with.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if they'll beef the axles up on the Warthog version, it'll have a little more tire and a lot more power.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I wonder if they'll beef the axles up on the Warthog version, it'll have a little more tire and a lot more power.
View Quote

10" would be the cats ass.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Said nobody who owns a current-gen 5-liter.
View Quote

LoL.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Raptor gears aren't even that big, 8.8" front 9.75" rear.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Raptor gears aren't even that big, 8.8" front 9.75" rear.
View Quote

They always do the minimum.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm up to about $55,000 to get close t what I want...  

Looks like I will be keeping the Wrangler a bit longer.
View Quote

There's a 450hp SRT 6.4L V8 Wrangler coming  
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#36]
We need a Trump administration to grasp the EPA by the husk and shake it up until it gives us Tier None turbo diesels Made In America for American made vehicles...
Drop those in Ford Broncos and Fiat Wranglers and Light Trucks
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We need a Trump administration to grasp the EPA by the husk and shake it up until it gives us Tier None turbo diesels Made In America for American made vehicles...
Drop those in Ford Broncos and Fiat Wranglers and Light Trucks
View Quote

If we're going that far we might as well make them two-strokes
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I like jeep a ton, very fun vehicles.
That said I've got to give it to Ford with this bronco.
They went all out and it seemed like they Iistened. I own a k5 blazer and the new blazer was a huge disappointment.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#39]
They aren't going to be able to make enough of those.

I hope they bring them here, they will sell like mad.

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#40]
am i missing something?  I can't customize anything other than the stock options no matter what trim level

ETA:  I have no options for changing engine or adding the sasquatch(sp?) package

Also some of their options are dumb, can't get the interior color I want with the upgraded sound system?  lol  why make so many forced trade offs
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#41]
4 door Bronco? Dafuq?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

End of 2021. I'll be grabbing a SRT Gladiator.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If we're going that far we might as well make them two-strokes
View Quote

Oh mama
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought I read it would be available with front lockers?  Is that not true?  I can't find a package that adds that..  

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Doing a 4 door Black Diamond with V6/auto, mid, hard top and Sasquatch in Cactus Gray. It looks like itll be around $46k from Stephens Auto at -1000 invoice and invoice pricing on options.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I have to stand in line while a 60 sec countdown happens to get to their build page.

Pass.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I thought I read it would be available with front lockers?  Is that not true?  I can't find a package that adds that..  

View Quote

Sasquatch package adds the lockers, tires, and some other goodies.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just played around with it, the Wildtrak with a few desirable options MSRP came up to $54K. That is too much for what it is IMO.

TC

yeah, Defender is a piece of fucking garbage too. One Youtuber got like 150 miles out of his before it was throwing engine codes after he got it back the rear camera quit working.junk
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Damn.  That's nicely appointed F150 territory there.
View Quote

Don't worry I bet they won't sell below MSRP for the first 18 months
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have to stand in line while a 60 sec countdown happens to get to their build page.

Pass.
View Quote

You must be using some fucky link. Ive gone straight through multiple times today on mobile and pc without issue
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top