Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You give them too much credit.

It will be another exclusive paint code and even blacker badges at best.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeep will do something to improve, Toyota will add another off the shelf roof-rack and cooler.

You give them too much credit.

It will be another exclusive paint code and even blacker badges at best.

You can have my black badges when you pry them from my cold dead hands 4Runner

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you drive down the highway with those fishing poles in the rack?

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Its too bad I am such a diesel whore, I want one of these so bad but every time I sell a diesel truck for something else I hate myself
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Its too bad I am such a diesel whore, I want one of these so bad but every time I sell a diesel truck for something else I hate myself
View Quote

Yeah a small Cummins TD in there would not go amiss...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully, buy the time I'm ready to buy in a couple years, you can get a 2.7 base with a limited slip.  

I don't think the Sasquatch is required to crawl the mall with the wife until the warranty runs out.  5 years from now there will be an aftermarket and tons of take off parts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

If anything it would be the small Powerstroke diesel found in the f150, and that never really took off.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hopefully, buy the time I'm ready to buy in a couple years, you can get a 2.7 base with a limited slip.  

I don't think the Sasquatch is required to crawl the mall with the wife until the warranty runs out.  5 years from now there will be an aftermarket and tons of take off parts.
View Quote

There's no reason to let something like limited slip hold up a sale when it can be added after the fact.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ford does have their new smaller diesel but I don't know if it's small enough for these. Think they are in the Transit and F-150.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ford does have their new smaller diesel but I don't know if it's small enough for these. Think they are in the Transit and F-150.
View Quote

Yeah that's right they do...

We'll see what they can shoehorn in there with the Warthog maybe?

Rumors are that for 2022 new Ford Excursion with PS diesel?...no doubt with Godzilla...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There's no reason to let something like limited slip hold up a sale when it can be added after the fact.
View Quote

I agree, but we aren't exactly in the market right now.  

We just bought a truck.  Had planned next vehicle for 2022, but an idiot decided texting was more important than driving and totalled my car and his.

In a couple of years, assuming things stay on track, we will have the truck paid off and the Bronco will have the bugs worked out.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can you drive down the highway with those fishing poles in the rack?

https://i.imgur.com/mInjpxi.jpg
View Quote

They do it all the time in the Outer Banks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There os a diesel for the mini transot that would fit easily in the bronco
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you seeing that? I am not seeing any diesel options for the connect. Is it something they do in Europe?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Where are you seeing that? I am not seeing any diesel options for the connect. Is it something they do in Europe?
View Quote

The 3.2 Powerstoke is the same as top engine in the current "global truck chassis" or whatever for calls which is the basis for the current Ranger and Bronco.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Everyone keeps talking about the Sasquatch I did not even see that before it crashed on me again
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Everyone keeps talking about the Sasquatch I did not even see that before it crashed on me again
View Quote

Tire, wheel, suspension, differential upgrade for $5k on the base model and available most or all time levels where not included.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The 3.2 Powerstoke is the same as top engine in the current "global truck chassis" or whatever for calls which is the basis for the current Ranger and Bronco.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not seeing that as an option in the Transit Connect
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Sasquach is only available with auto transmission
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Incorrect!  You can get a manual 2.3L with Sasquatch, but it won’t be available for the first few months of production.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just checked that. I thought they were offering it with the 7 speed?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:24:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's because it's in the Transit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I was confused at his suggestion. Being that it's a inline 5 I would have my doubts about it fitting but I haven't looked up the length compared to the 2.7.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Does it, though?  The Base Bronco and the Rubicon both come with cloth seats, power windows/mirrors, AC, cruise control, keyless entry with push-button start, and big touch-screen radios with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.
View Quote

The Rubicon gets D44 axles, 4:1 transfer case, front and rear lockers, swaybar disconnect, different shocks and brakes, bigger wheels over the Sport or the Sport S Wranglers. The interior is basically the same between the Rubicon and the Sports. So there is more to compare other just the interior features - I have no idea what the base Bronco or features come with but make sure you are comparing as similar as you can.

I just bought a new Rubicon, but in a year or two I might look into the Bronco for my wife. She likes the looks of the Bronco and it will give Ford a couple of years to work the bugs out - I will never buy the first year of a new model from Ford or Jeep. I wanted the 3.0 ecodiesel for the Rubi, but after seeing the issues it has and not having any deletes available for it I had to go with the 3.6.

Toyota needs to get a new FJ out that competes against the Bronco and the Jeep so that we have even more to choose from.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The Rubicon gets D44 axles, 4:1 transfer case, different shocks and brakes, bigger wheels over the Sport or the Sport S Wranglers. The interior is basically the same between the Rubicon and the Sports. So there is more to compare other just the interior features.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it, though?  The Base Bronco and the Rubicon both come with cloth seats, power windows/mirrors, AC, cruise control, keyless entry with push-button start, and big touch-screen radios with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.

The Rubicon gets D44 axles, 4:1 transfer case, different shocks and brakes, bigger wheels over the Sport or the Sport S Wranglers. The interior is basically the same between the Rubicon and the Sports. So there is more to compare other just the interior features.

And even if you add the Sasquatch package, 2.7L and 10spd the Bronco is still over $5,700 cheaper than a Rubicon.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Which is why I was confused at his suggestion. Being that it's a inline 5 I would have my doubts about it fitting but I haven't looked up the length compared to the 2.7.
View Quote

It's already in the European and Australian versions less the US emissions gear.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Rubicon gets D44 axles, 4:1 transfer case, front and rear lockers, swaybar disconnect, different shocks and brakes, bigger wheels over the Sport or the Sport S Wranglers. The interior is basically the same between the Rubicon and the Sports. So there is more to compare other just the interior features - I have no idea what the base Bronco or features come with but make sure you are comparing as similar as you can.

I just bought a new Rubicon, but in a year or two I might look into the Bronco for my wife. She likes the looks of the Bronco and it will give Ford a couple of years to work the bugs out - I will never buy the first year of a new model from Ford or Jeep. I wanted the 3.0 ecodiesel for the Rubi, but after seeing the issues it has and not having any deletes available for it I had to go with the 3.6.

Toyota needs to get a new FJ out that competes against the Bronco and the Jeep so that we have even more to choose from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On our 2nd 4Runner in 6 yrs...I like 'em but I don't like our dealer or the company anymore...they couldn't give a shit less about us...I would be more prone to bet that Toyota would simply discontinue US sales of 4 Runners before they'd try to compete against Ford...like they are planning to do with the Land Cruiser.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Am I the only one that wishes you could get the 16" steelies with 315/75s on the sasquatch package?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that wishes you could get the 16" steelies with 315/75s on the sasquatch package?
View Quote

2 yrs 3yrs from now there are going to be so many Bronco owners/buyers in the US you will easily be able to swap
all kinds of stuff with other owners...probably right here on Arfcom...

Heck the dealers themselves will make all kinds of swaps available...
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

2 yrs 3yrs from now there are going to be so many Bronco owners/buyers in the US you will easily be able to swap
all kinds of stuff with other owners...probably right here on Arfcom...

Heck the dealers themselves will make all kinds of swaps available...
View Quote

That's pretty much how it is with toyotas and jeeps now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do, too, but they're probably not wide enough for that wide of a tire.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's already in the European and Australian versions less the US emissions gear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

European and Australian versions of the Bronco?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I do, too, but they're probably not wide enough for that wide of a tire.
View Quote

Do the sasquatch get bigger brakes? If so, that might be a limiting factor as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

The "global truck" platform.  I don't know how much the Bronco engine bay differs from the Ranger, but money says it isn't going to be much
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#35]
This stupid Bronco is in the same price range as the new Land Rover Defender coming out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The "global truck" platform.  I don't know how much the Bronco engine bay differs from the Ranger, but money says it isn't going to be much
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the rangers had the 2.0 diesel not the 3.2 which was mentioned. I would think the 2.0 would fit no problem.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Why is Race Red not available on the Base
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why is Race Red not available on the Base
View Quote

Go over to Bronco6G and ask the boss from Ford he's on often now answering questions and taking requests & getting input...sounds like they are gauging interest now and intend on making adjustments all along the way.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I thought the rangers had the 2.0 diesel not the 3.2 which was mentioned. I would think the 2.0 would fit no problem.
View Quote

The 3.2 has been in the Ranger for years.
The  2.0l is the new option and works with the 10 speed auto.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#41]
After adding up what I want, the Badlands ends up being the best package for me. Im anxious to see what the prices look like after a first year rush. I doubt we will see domestic 1/2 ton level rebates, but I don't see Ford Performance restrictions on rebates and financing either.

The owner of the camp next to ours owns a large Ford dealership. We were talking about the Bronco this weekend and he mentioned that he had a ton of people that had reserved them with him as the listed dealer. He/Ford is expecting them to be a pretty big hit, so they might be vaporware without a reservation and pre-order until mid-2022.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top