BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

yes it is.

this will be the most epic burn in history.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol this is amazing

yes it is.

It is just beyond ridiculous.

Seriously a sixth grader could have done better
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhsY6fVWYAsPrn_?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just dawned on me. Aren't all those people Mormon?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Dave Portnoy: How did people not know this?

Dave Portnoy: How did people not know this?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/BB354F5B-1E29-4634-ADF4-6A7413EF12C6_jpe-2603503.JPG

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11437361/Sam-Bankman-Fried-admits-lied-ethical.html

The DAILY MAIL is doing better reporting on this story than the New York Times.

“Discussing the possibility”?

Top. Men.
View Quote

Nothing will be done to the perpetrators and the event will be used to regulate free range crypto out of existence. [.gov]The only safe digital currency is Government digital currency.[/.gov]

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fh2pDxTXgAIl8zh?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
This is a comically bad attempt at gaslighting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Holy crap. I just dropped my kid off at middle school. And as I was leaving I saw a student that looked like the mirror copy of this guy's girlfriend.  Same hair braids. Same type glasses. Same face look.  It was surreal.
View Quote

Maybe she’s on the lam—witness protection in a middle school?

TC
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe she's on the lam witness protection in a middle school?

TC
View Quote
It's funny because it's plausible.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The part that's missing is Sam's "investments" were FTT coin.  A coin he made up and his other company, Alemeda, pumped the price of.  More than half of their entire value of both companies, $32 bil, was FTT coin.  Then, they used customer funds to try to prop themselves up when shit was going south which is highly illegal.
View Quote

FTX second largest source of dem campaign funds, behind Soros.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nothing will be done to the perpetrators and the event will be used to regulate free range crypto out of existence.
View Quote

You're probably right.

Although Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes on Friday was sentenced to more than 11 years after she was convicted on three felony counts of wire fraud and one felony count of conspiracy to commit fraud

So maybe?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fh2pDxTXgAIl8zh?format=jpg&name=small

Forbes is alt-reality entertainment.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

yes it is.

View Quote

Most epic burn in history, and yet, because this was the funding arm of the Biden and Democrat crime organization, they not only got rich through FTX, they will use its downfall to regulate all crypto to death, removing competitors like bitcoin from the stage as they introduce the "digital dollar" and attempt to end all cash transactions.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Someday there's going to be an entire Mad-Libs book based on these frauds:

I had a meeting at A WeWORK OFFICE to cash out my THERANOS investment for some FTX TOKENS which I used to buy tickets to the FYRE FESTIVAL with my girlfriend, ANNA DELVEY.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Most epic burn in history, and yet, because this was the funding arm of the Biden and Democrat crime organization, they not only got rich through FTX, they will use its downfall to regulate all crypto to death, removing competitors like bitcoin from the stage as they introduce the "digital dollar" and attempt to end all cash transactions.

View Quote

I don't disagree.

Just saying they certainly ran a hell of a scam and knew who to pay off to make it happen.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:43:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fh4BOgNXkAI5uH2?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

This is the reason I keep a safe distance from stuff like this.

It is only possible
to gain
when others lose.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is only possible
to gain
when others lose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fh4BOgNXkAI5uH2?format=jpg&name=small

It is only possible
to gain
when others lose.

That's not true at all. Not everything in life, let alone in finance, is a zero sum game.

ForEx is zero sum but that's the only real one I can think of.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ooof burned by a girl too
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I assume he hasn't been arrested because of his coziness with Maxine Waters & Co.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's not true at all. Not everything in life, let alone in finance, is a zero sum game.

ForEx is zero sum but that's the only real one I can think of.
View Quote

I agree.
When you make useful products and render practical services to others, value IS created. win/win

When you participate in zero sum financial scams, NO value is created. It is merely transferred from the losers to the winners. win/lose
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Turkey orders seizure of FTX founder Bankman-Fried's assets

Turkish authorities are seeking to seize the assets of cryptocurrency exchange FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried and other affiliates, according to a recent notice from the country's Financial Crimes Investigation Board (MASAK).
The agency wanted approval from the Istanbul Chief Public Prosecutor's Office to start an "investigation for various antecedent crimes and laundering the property values ??arising from the crime," as well as "confiscate the suspicious assets" under Turkey's anti-money laundering laws, the notice read.
The abrupt demise of FTX, triggered by major outflows from the platform after the discovery of its multi-billion dollar balance sheet shortfall, has led to intense regulatory scrutiny on SBF and his crypto empire from around the globe, especially across jurisdictions where it operated, including the U.S. and the Bahamas, where it's headquartered.
In its first bankruptcy hearing on November 22, a counsel to FTX said Bankman-Fried treated his trading platform as his own "personal fiefdom."

View Quote

Seeking Alpha

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#26]
When you steal that kind of money, you should be more worried about the people you stole from instead of the authorities.

He might be able to hang out in some country with no extradition agreement but people can still get their hands on you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
When you steal that kind of money, you should be more worried about the people you stole from instead of the authorities.

He might be able to hang out in some country with no extradition agreement but people can still get their hands on you.
View Quote

Three Days of the Condor - "It would happen this way..."
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#28]
In for the se x tape.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Amazing if true, well, not that amazing

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Man, I clicked this thread thinking it'd be talking about how all the US defense spending in Ukraine has reduced the budget(s) for Field Training Exercises.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Man, I clicked this thread thinking it'd be talking about how all the US defense spending in Ukraine has reduced the budget(s) for Field Training Exercises.
View Quote

I'm actually Q and the title had a double meaning.

Trust the shitposts, trust the threads.

-WTC
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Amazing if true, well, not that amazing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FihvFPcXgAA3FBI?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote
I guess this is why SBF hasn't been arrested.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I guess this is why SBF hasn't been arrested.
View Quote

And for a similar reason Hunter, Joe, or Hillary will never be arrested.

Have you noticed that for ALL of the "investigations"...

...NO ONE ever goes to jail?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#35]

I just rewatched that last week.

We have people freaking the fuck out over McDonalds running out of chicken nuggets. Imagine bilking someone out of millions and thinking you're safe in some third world resort town. Walking down to the corner for a cup of coffee, a car pulls up and it's a shotgun blast to the pelvis.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you don't pay the IRS $10,000 they garnish your paycheck and threaten you with jail.
If you steal $10,000 from another random person, the government will send you to jail.

If you steal billions by give some of it to the right people, the government may "request your presence".
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you don't pay the IRS $10,000 they garnish your paycheck and threaten you with jail.
If you steal $10,000 from another random person, the government will send you to jail.

If you steal billions by give some of it to the right people, the government may "request your presence".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

it's analogous to the "if you owe the bank..." parable

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

But if you are of the democrat victim class, you can also steal $999 worth of assets from 10 or even 100 different people and businesses, and the cops won't even arrest you in San Francisco.  Shoplifting or theft from automobiles under $1000 isn't prosecuted.

Clown world indeed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Sam Bankman-Fried says he 'misaccounted' $8 billion after FTX customers wired money to hedge fund Alameda and the cash was counted twice

He then explained how the balance sheet combined FTX and Alameda finances, because the latter had defaulted on its debt by this point.

On one line labelled "What I *thought*," the spreadsheet listed $8.9 billion in debts but also more than enough to cover it with $27.6 billion worth of assets.

"It looks naively to me like, you know, there's still some significant liabilities out there, but, like, we should be able to cover it," Bankman-Fried said.

But he then revealed a glaring oversight – the actual numbers were down $8 billion.

When the Bloomberg reporter asked Bankman-Fried if he had "misplaced $8 billion," the FTX founder replied: "Misaccounted."

He said that some FTX customers sent money directly to Alameda's account because some banks were more willing to work with the hedge fund than the crypto exchange.

Then, FTX's internal accounting system counted this money twice by crediting it to both companies.

View Quote

No, really!

Business Insider
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If by Mormon you mean from the Church of David and Latter Day Star, then yes you are correct!
View Quote

Yes. SBF is Jewish by birth,
but NOT by moral values.

His false god is money.
He shamed his parents.
He stole.
He lied.

Which is why he is
the darling of the liberals
who absolutely love him.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

yes it is.

View Quote

They're gonna make one hell of a movie out of this one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They're gonna make one hell of a movie out of this one.
View Quote

yeah, one that increasingly looks like it will make him appear to be the victim.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

The exchanges don't make actual BTC transfers for all the buy/sell transactions on the exchange.  The BTC remains in their control and just changes hands on their internal ledger.  When you transfer out of the exchange, that's when a a BTC transaction happens.

All the exchanges work this way as millions of transactions happen daily and BTC doesn't have the throughput to handle it - not to mention it would be far to slow for exchanges.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The exchanges don't make actual BTC transfers for all the buy/sell transactions on the exchange.  The BTC remains in their control and just changes hands on their internal ledger.  When you transfer out of the exchange, that's when a a BTC transaction happens.

All the exchanges work this way as millions of transactions happen daily and BTC doesn't have the throughput to handle it - not to mention it would be far to slow for exchanges.
View Quote

A well run exchange would have assets backing the accounts, and buy on the open market to fill customer orders when they don't have enough assets to fill incoming buys.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sam Bankman-Fried says he 'misaccounted' $8 billion after FTX customers wired money to hedge fund Alameda and the cash was counted twice

No, really!

Business Insider
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

The legacy media/ dnc propaganda team are willingly being hoodwinked by his glaringly obvious lies.  And lying to readers who are also likely to favor SBF's ideology.

Pitiful, pathetic, detestable.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A well run exchange would have assets backing the accounts, and buy on the open market to fill customer orders when they don't have enough assets to fill incoming buys.

View Quote

Of course. The exchange is supposed to be mediating transfer of coins they control the keys to. FTX was a fraud.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The legacy media/ dnc propaganda team are willingly being hoodwinked by his glaringly obvious lies.  And lying to readers who are also likely to favor SBF's ideology.

Pitiful, pathetic, detestable.
View Quote

Certainly.   After all, that's why you get the celebrity endorsements:

Link Posted: 12/19/2022 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Certainly.   After all, that's why you get the celebrity endorsements:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2022 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Crypto creep back in court today.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top