Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're looking for that lifestyle more power to you, but The Villages is a perfect example of why I hate Florida... just another manufactured, cookie cutter existence.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2023 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]

We got a misdirected catalog from them once.
It was for anesthesiologists. (Thank you spell checker)

Hey, we'll rewire your operating rooms and clean them up afterwards to clinic standards.
But don't expect us to put your patients to sleep.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote
Wife's aunt and uncle lived there for almost 20 years, it's bizarre, but they're originally Michiganders, so it's to be expected. Roundabouts everywhere.  They sold out about 2-3 years ago and built a house on Merritt Island so they could have their own pool.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live 15 minutes from the villages, done tons of stuff there. It’s awesome. The streets are clean, the landscaping is beautiful all the time, it’s 99% white (super polite, low crime). Maybe 1 in 20 people have visible tattoos. It’s like going to a downtown area, but not crowded shoulder to shoulder with 90%+ hispanics like everywhere else in Florida. You can go to the square and look in a couple shops, eat at a nice but affordable restaurant, grab some haagen daz ice cream, and sit on the pier by the water as the sun sets. All while there is a band playing live music that is usually classic rock, or country, but at the very least isn’t ghetto puerto-rican shit like I hear the rest of my waking life.

I’ve lived this close for more than 10 years, been there hundreds of times, and have done date nights there several times. I’m 26, my gf is 21, we have a good time there. It feels like going out, but zero ghetto shit. It’s also all free entrance and entertainment.
View Quote

Sounds like most places in the 80s.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top